PDA

View Full Version : Appliances

ddmmak
06-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Hey guys, just wondering where you would recommend getting new appliances. Any past experiences? I am looking at getting the full kitchen suite of appliances and Washer/Dryer.
Thank you.

roopi
06-08-2016, 04:06 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/365315/review-coast-wholesale-appliances-and-masoncgy/

ddmmak
06-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Thank you. I will reach out.

ddmmak
06-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Any other suggestions or reviews?
Thanks

ExtraSlow
06-09-2016, 09:46 AM
My suggestion is that whenever possible, go with "lower end" brands.
I have electrolux fridge, which is virtually identical to one by Frigidaire. the water filter for my fridge is like $60, and the Frigidaire one is half that or less. And they mold a stupid piece of plastic onto it, so you can't interchange them. It's annoying.

Low end will be my path next time.

nissanK
06-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by ddmmak
Any other suggestions or reviews?
Thanks

Stay away from Whirlpool family if looking at induction ranges. Whirlpool includes KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, and Maytag.

We had nothing but issues with ours for 6 months and it was pulling teeth to get them to replace the unit. We opted to go for a cash refund and purchased an Electrolux unit.

ddmmak
06-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Thank you. Any advice on which store to purchase from? Hookups?

macman64
06-10-2016, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by nissanK

Stay away from Whirlpool family if looking at induction ranges. Whirlpool includes KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, and Maytag.

We had nothing but issues with ours for 6 months and it was pulling teeth to get them to replace the unit. We opted to go for a cash refund and purchased an Electrolux unit.

This entire product family has been pulled. They are having a rough go getting the new lineup of induction ranges working so they are over a year behind schedule. The KSIB900ess is the kitchen aid one that has been constantly delayed.

I am a big fan of the new kitchen air look. Have had good luck with them so far.

nissanK
06-10-2016, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by macman64

This entire product family has been pulled. They are having a rough go getting the new lineup of induction ranges working so they are over a year behind schedule. The KSIB900ess is the kitchen aid one that has been constantly delayed.

I am a big fan of the new kitchen air look. Have had good luck with them so far.

Yep exactly why we didn't want to wait for a replacement.

colinxx235
06-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Our company has had much much better luck dealing with Coast. I'm not sure what your budget is or what brand you have in mind but we have had good feedback on samsung (I also personally own Samsung). I very unfortunately went with Trail because they fought hard to get our business and cut the price which was a bad idea. They damaged my hardwood quite a bit and in general their installers aren't very careful. I wanted to save a couple grand and regretted the results.

Samsung is a great bang for buck with the exception of one thing. DO NOT buy a samsung dishwasher. They are piles of garbage. If you have the budget get a Bosch. Samsung washer/dryers are the most common and we hardly ever heard a complaint about them. They typically outperform the more expensive brands such as maytag.

But if you have a bit higher budget Jenn-Air products are great. Bosch is solid all throughout the kitchen as well. Dacor is too pricey imo for what you get.

ddmmak
06-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Thank you. I was planning on going to Coast also as they do price match. I will be looking at Samsung for sure.. Bosch for the dishwasher for sure.

vkesava1
06-10-2016, 01:57 PM
I got all my samsung appliances through trial Appliances. they did a good job in delivery and install .

They have a price match and price guarantee as well.

Trial does the delivery for the builders as well. i checked coast but they are bit expensive than trail.

rage2
06-10-2016, 02:38 PM
All Samsung here too. Picked up through MasonCGY and Coast last January, zero problems.

Kloubek
06-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Ok, so here's a question. With a new build coming up for us, they gave us a credit for appliances at Trail. We will certainly need appliances, but I'm not sure I want to be stuck taking whatever we need for whatever price Trail insists on. They might price match, but are their prices competitive to other places, considering it seems that ALL the builders go through them?

vkesava1
06-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Ok, so here's a question. With a new build coming up for us, they gave us a credit for appliances at Trail. We will certainly need appliances, but I'm not sure I want to be stuck taking whatever we need for whatever price Trail insists on. They might price match, but are their prices competitive to other places, considering it seems that ALL the builders go through them?

Some builders go through trial Appliances, some go through coast appliances. usually builders get a 10 to 15 % markup on these, you may be to get it for cheaper if you buy it yourself. See what is the quote from trial through builder, and go and check at coast.

Appliance is same doesnt matter where you buy it, its just the service and delivery matters. I think both trial and coast are very good in delivery and install. trial did mine and they did a very good job.

colinxx235
06-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Trail always depends, they have room to take off price if you push. Is your credit appliance at Trail only? That sucks because that will give them some leverage if so. Depending on the area we did sometimes we built 5/10/15k etc into the budget and the difference can either be paid in person or added to mortgage/change ordered. Although we never marked up 10-15% at all as per above poster.

Depending on the time you go through certain suppliers will have a big sale or promotion on that helps too. It's nice if you start shopping early and get to know your salesman. Narrow down what you're interested in and see if the guy knows of any upcoming sales/promotions on them.

I know i've read before and pretty sure Rage reiterated in thread that a beyonder works at coast and has many positive reviews if you can go that way.

Trail and Coast go back and forth on who is more competitive in pricing. I'd say trail probably 60-70% of the time was cheaper. We had issues pop up with both and that caused some back and forth for each new area and who got to supply all our showhomes.

ddmmak
06-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Im not sure if he still works there? I pm'd him and i am waiting for a response. I will look at both places. Im thinking of a samsung fridge and washer and dryer, bosch d/w, cooktop and wall oven combo..

98teg
06-12-2016, 02:55 AM
I went with ge profile and a gas range. No issues with products. I have an older whirlpool duet washer which has been great. My only concern with LG and Samsung are parts should things break. Shop around sometimes smaller shops have pretty good prices and are willing to move.

masoncgy
06-18-2016, 06:50 AM
ddmmak... I shot you a reply this morning, sorry about the delay, I've been away from Beyond for a little while so just getting to your message.

If you're still in need of help, I'm happy to assist! :)