PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Canadian Grand Prix

01RedDX
06-12-2016, 01:00 PM

rage2
06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Great race. Great action. Great strategies. Rosberg falling apart is always funny to watch.

npham
06-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Caught the highlights, wished I watched the entire race live. Tons of drama.

That.Guy.S30
06-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Darn. My PVR recorded the news on the shooting instead the race. Special news report. Got the last two laps.

schocker
06-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Greatest bit of coverage I have ever seen :rofl:
https://streamable.com/q5xd

Great race though. Was hoping vettel could close the gap but running off on the chicane kept happening over and over. They really need to test tires though, that first pitstop likely cost them the race.

rage2
06-12-2016, 11:09 PM
I hope Vettel and Hamilton never become teammates and hate each other. Their interactions in interviews are awesome.

ganesh
06-13-2016, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Great race. Great action. Great strategies. Rosberg falling apart is always funny to watch.

I loved his post race interview. Spoiled Brat

Mibz
06-13-2016, 08:54 AM
Love the coverage available to us now. It's really kept this season enjoyable.

schocker
06-13-2016, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I hope Vettel and Hamilton never become teammates and hate each other. Their interactions in interviews are awesome.
That is true. When Rosberg and Hamiltion are together, especially if Rosberg is not first, just a salt factory :rofl:
Vettel is just there to have fun and had no issue with the two stop at all.

I also liked finding out that pissed is a swear in the UK

Originally posted by Mibz
Love the coverage available to us now. It's really kept this season enjoyable.

Yup, except Crofty was having a real struggle calling things correctly yesterday.

Verstappen was super impressive though also, technically holding off rosberg who was on his heels for so long.

rage2
06-13-2016, 09:14 AM
One of my favorite interactions between those 2, the Vettel Hamilton hat throw re-enactment with Rosberg in the background looking all salty even though he won.

https://streamable.com/zyvw

After seeing Verstappen hold off Rosberg in a much slower Renault (engine speed and tire wear), I'm fully on the Max hype train. He's the only one that even tried to defend knowing it'd be a lost cause, and still manages to pull it off. #slowclap

schocker
06-13-2016, 10:32 AM
lol, I remember that. Vettel is serious when he is driving but once he is off the track he is a funny guy.

I think max is also still on the old power unit, not sure if he got the new one yet. His skill is undeniable though, doesn't crack under pressure at all and his situational awareness is so good.

I am glad with redbull and ferrari closing the gap though. Made for a very exciting race.

I wish honda had let alonso pit for fresh tires though to see what he could do if he could have got back into the points.

Mibz
06-13-2016, 10:41 AM
I love Max but I hate that he's the only young driver who's allowed to drive hard. When Perez drove hard he got chastised. Grosjean and Maldonado don't count because they constantly crashed, but Perez managed to pull some crazy moves without crashing. Most of them failed, but the fact that he tried was huge to me. Perez gets credit when he manages to make his tires last for an entire race, but I still feel like he's the most underrated driver on the grid right now, and has been for years.