06-15-2016, 04:34 PM

JRSC00LUDE
06-15-2016, 04:50 PM
This. Is. AMAZING. :thumbsup: :rofl:

Sugarphreak
06-15-2016, 04:58 PM

JRSC00LUDE
06-15-2016, 05:01 PM
I love it, it's so ridiculous I can't possibly hate it. Best thing I've seen in awhile!

JfuckinC
06-15-2016, 06:55 PM
Saw a Donked(?) impala driving down 16th in the NE yesterday haha

corsvette
06-15-2016, 07:32 PM
Was down in Charlotte NC last year. Wound up driving around the no so white guy neighborhood and seen plenty of donk cars and these...called Texas wire wheels and the genuine wheels are ~1500+ each....EACH!!
http://i65.tinypic.com/2qc1fdd.jpg

ExtraSlow
06-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Thems is my kind of lizaaadeez!

J.M.
06-15-2016, 07:59 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

NoSup4U
06-16-2016, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by corsvette
Was down in Charlotte NC last year. Wound up driving around the no so white guy neighborhood and seen plenty of donk cars .....!!

I decided to take a drive through the ghetto of New Orleans a few years back, and was amazed at how many houses had one of these parked on the yard.

Guess it makes it easy on police for finding the drug dealers/ pimps/ gangsters :poosie:

Hallowed_point
06-16-2016, 08:32 AM
There's a dude in calgary with a couple of these type of rides. I guess they are closer to low low's though :

D'z Nutz
06-16-2016, 09:10 AM
You know, I gotta say I don't hate a lot of the ones Sugarphreak posted! The only ones I didn't like were the ones that looked like they just slapped a sticker on the side. They remind me of life sized Hot Wheel cars haha

There's been far worse fads before, like the rusted out hood.

bjstare
06-16-2016, 09:36 AM
LOL it's funny to see people call them "Donk cars". All you guys sound so white/old/both of those things.

Also, how has no one posted this one yet?

https://thecarloos.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/bigdonk.jpg

Sugarphreak
06-16-2016, 10:58 AM

bjstare
06-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Well, I am both of those things... haha

So if not "Donk Cars", then what should they be referred to?

Donks.

Anyways, I think these cars are incredibly stupid. Especially considering the cost to build a "nice" one. Could easily get something (anything) so much better. But to each their own.

Mitsu3000gt
06-16-2016, 11:03 AM
They still look better than some brand new cars IMO :rofl:

Sugarphreak
06-16-2016, 11:11 AM

Justing
06-16-2016, 11:21 AM

More functional than low riders though... look at all that ground clearance! Zero problems with speed bumps or snow. Plus If you ever need to cross a small river, the wheels will let water flow through them without an issue.

Throw some off-road tires on it and a brush bumper and I could get on board with this fad

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/xkxhgrwighq6gbkfx9h6.jpg

alien
06-17-2016, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by NoSup4U

I decided to take a drive through the ghetto of New Orleans a few years back, and was amazed at how many houses had one of these parked on the yard.

Guess it makes it easy on police for finding the drug dealers/ pimps/ gangsters :poosie:

These belong to this guy:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/profane-parking-sign-proves-effective-for-calgary-homeowner-1.3239321

03ozwhip
06-17-2016, 08:14 AM

More functional than low riders though... look at all that ground clearance! Zero problems with speed bumps or snow. Plus If you ever need to cross a small river, the wheels will let water flow through them without an issue.

Throw some off-road tires on it and a brush bumper and I could get on board with this fad

That's what hydraulics and air ride are for, hit a switch, clear a bump. Honestly, there's nothing like hitting a few switches, I love the lowrider culture.

Donks. Not so much. I haven't seen one that I would actually feel like it was ok to put money into.

03ozwhip
06-17-2016, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
There's a dude in calgary with a couple of these type of rides. I guess they are closer to low low's though :

The yellow/green is, but the black isn't.

zipdoa
06-17-2016, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Lol, that guy is a loser.

Pumps his music with the windows down, short sleeves always so you can admire his sick tats, and if you missed him the first couple times don't worry, he'll be going up and down 17th ave all night.

03ozwhip
06-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa

Pumps his music with the windows down, short sleeves always so you can admire his sick tats, and if you missed him the first couple times don't worry, he'll be going up and down 17th ave all night.

I don't see an issue with this. The only time I see it the way you do, is if they're in a shit box. That's part of the lowrider culture and it's not a very prominent culture out here.

17th Ave is the spot to be noticed. These types of cars are built for attention and so is yours, maybe not as flashy, but in other ways, that's what the car culture is all about.

Sugarphreak
06-17-2016, 09:34 AM

tirebob
06-17-2016, 09:45 AM
I am putting together some 28" Dub Daze wheels with 275/25R28 tires as we speak for an 86 Caprice. This fellow has been a customer of mine for years. Younger mechanice who started with 20's, then the next year went 22's, then 24's etc. Every year he has to step it up and this year he saved and saved and popped for 28's!

Obviously it is not something you do for a daily, but it is so radical and ridiculous it is awesome!!

I will post some pics when we get it finished. These things are not a simple mount and balance, let me tell you!

tirebob
06-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Just freshly mounted... 275/25R28 on 28x9.0 2 piece Dub Daze.

http://i.imgur.com/R4MPrcRl.jpg

asp integra
06-17-2016, 11:05 AM
da fuq did i just look at???

Canmorite
06-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Need to bleach my eyes after seeing that.

JRSC00LUDE
06-17-2016, 02:06 PM
Bob, what would a rough per wheel/tire cost be on something that nutty?

tirebob
06-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Bob, what would a rough per wheel/tire cost be on something that nutty? Normal retail depending exactly which tires etc are used would be between 8k to 10k. This is an industry guy I have known a long time and I was able to take advantage of an extra deal from the supplier so it was not quite that much but still some pretty big cake...

Dalking
06-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

I personally know this guy and he is not a loser. One of the most straight up dudes I've ever met no bullshit strings attached.

xnvy
06-17-2016, 04:13 PM
^Good sir, I rebut your unrelated anecdotal evidence with my anecdotal evidence stating the contrary!

But in all seriousness, these are great in small doses. They're purely for fun and that's awesome.

I would love for someone to build a donk using a first gen 911 and then go to Euro Cars and Coffee :rofl:

Dalking
06-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
^Good sir, I rebut your unrelated anecdotal evidence with my anecdotal evidence stating the contrary!

But in all seriousness, these are great in small doses. They're purely for fun and that's awesome.

I would love for someone to build a donk using a first gen 911 and then go to Euro Cars and Coffee :rofl: If I had the money I'd donk a fucking enzo and go to cars and coffee.

relyt92
06-17-2016, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by tirebob
Just freshly mounted... 275/25R28 on 28x9.0 2 piece Dub Daze. Dang, how much weight did it take to balance those?

dirtsniffer
06-17-2016, 10:17 PM
Based on previous pictures I would say it took about 10 kilos, in the trunk

dj_rice
06-17-2016, 10:52 PM
Are they sponsored from those companys for advertising or just picked a random company and went with it?

We have a well known donk in Edmonton. Looks like absolute trash and he gets pulled over by cops all the time for vehicle violations. Thinks police are harassing and racially profiling him. He is the owner so some automotive shop.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/bzweriiijc76zcexirtf.JPG

http://i.imgur.com/3bv00tv.png

tirebob
06-18-2016, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Based on previous pictures I would say it took about 10 kilos, in the trunk lol no... Surprising balanced up quite well. Better than most truck tires.

This guy is no DD... He is a mechanic who was just a 1st year apprentice when I started dealing with him. He progressed up every year or two, now on his 4th and largest set ever. He does all his own work, does not party and puts all his money into his cars. He will come in over months, dropping money a little here and a little there until he accumulates enough to order rims, then he keeps at it until he can buy the tires. He is a really dedicated kid. Well not really a kid anymore but I have been working with him since he was like 18 years old so it has stuck...

Rocket1k78
06-18-2016, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

I don't see an issue with this. The only time I see it the way you do, is if they're in a shit box. That's part of the lowrider culture and it's not a very prominent culture out here.

17th Ave is the spot to be noticed. These types of cars are built for attention and so is yours, maybe not as flashy, but in other ways, that's what the car culture is all about.

Well said!

ExtraSlow
06-18-2016, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Dalking
If I had the money I'd donk a fucking enzo and go to cars and coffee. I'd say the purrari was a modern high-dollar donk car.