PDA

View Full Version : 1st enmax bill...option to pay by CC?

Seks
06-16-2016, 08:09 AM
For Telus, I can pay via a CC when I log in to my account.

When I log in to my Enmax account, where is that option? All I see is PAYMEN ARRANGEMENT and SET UP PRE-AUTHORIZED PAYMENTS

:dunno:

Christian@IE
06-16-2016, 08:12 AM
It's not an option.

Disoblige
06-16-2016, 08:15 AM
Enmax doesn't support payments through credit card. Only debit from your bank account.

It's a reason why some people switch to ATCO Energy.

roopi
06-16-2016, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

It's a reason why some people switch to ATCO Energy.

Are Atco rates the same as Enmax? Higher? Lower?

eblend
06-16-2016, 10:10 AM
Or you can just get a Canadian Tire credit card and you can use that to pay your bills, such as Enmax. I do Enmax and City of Calgary property taxes off that card. I got it specifically for those few places that don't take credit, and it earns like 1% in Canadian Tire money, which I use to buy shit at Canadian Tire. I don't use that card for anything but buying stuff at CT and paying the odd bill that can't be charged to CC directly.

Thaco
06-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by eblend
Or you can just get a Canadian Tire credit card and you can use that to pay your bills, such as Enmax. I do Enmax and City of Calgary property taxes off that card. I got it specifically for those few places that don't take credit, and it earns like 1% in Canadian Tire money, which I use to buy shit at Canadian Tire. I don't use that card for anything but buying stuff at CT and paying the odd bill that can't be charged to CC directly. how does that work if they dont take CC? Enmax is the only bill i have that doesn't go on my CC and its really a PITA

HiTempguy1
06-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by eblend
Or you can just get a Canadian Tire credit card and you can use that to pay your bills, such as Enmax. I do Enmax and City of Calgary property taxes off that card. I got it specifically for those few places that don't take credit, and it earns like 1% in Canadian Tire money, which I use to buy shit at Canadian Tire. I don't use that card for anything but buying stuff at CT and paying the odd bill that can't be charged to CC directly.

Care to expand on this? How does that work??

roopi
06-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
how does that work if they dont take CC? Enmax is the only bill i have that doesn't go on my CC and its really a PITA

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Care to expand on this? How does that work??

CT has a payment system that allows it. There is massive thread on it here:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/pay-your-bills-online-using-canadian-tire-master-card-earn-cash-back-ct-1149989/257/

eblend
06-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
how does that work if they dont take CC? Enmax is the only bill i have that doesn't go on my CC and its really a PITA

They basically have a separate site, you go there, login with your credit card, search enmax or whoever, enter the account number for the recipient, and pay, and it goes off the credit card as a normal purchase.

https://photos.smugmug.com/ForumPictures/n-L432s/i-T9CdSwC/0/O/i-T9CdSwC.png

Thaco
06-16-2016, 09:21 PM
thats cool, may have to consider that, i hate giving away my money without some sort of kickback.

jwslam
10-12-2016, 02:17 PM
So apparently Enmax started taking credit cards now?!?!

https://www.enmax.com/home/customer-care/payments

drtoohotty1
10-12-2016, 02:19 PM
yes

prae
10-12-2016, 02:42 PM
yep. I just signed up for cc auto payments. happy for the extra points and convenience.

403ep3
10-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Yeah I just signed up today

bjstare
10-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Awesome, had no idea Easymax offered CC payments. Just set em up now.

Thanks Beyond!

nzwasp
10-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Seems like you have to setup the prepayment date schedule though after you have added the credit card to your account. I want them just to bill me the amount after they post the amount to my account. I dont want to have to go in here every month to setup the payment.

Thaco
10-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by nzwasp
Seems like you have to setup the prepayment date schedule though after you have added the credit card to your account. I want them just to bill me the amount after they post the amount to my account. I dont want to have to go in here every month to setup the payment. when you add the CC there's a check box to automatically bill your full amount due each month, i just set mine up.

dirtsniffer
10-12-2016, 03:49 PM
awesome!

Swank
10-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Giddy up, thanks for the heads up :clap:

avishal26
10-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Sweet!

nickyh
10-12-2016, 07:39 PM
Woohooo!!

ZenOps
10-13-2016, 05:52 AM
Must be new, good find.

But I will still drop a couple bills to the teller until there are more people who confirm that credit cards are working properly.

Euro838
10-13-2016, 09:40 AM
One thing to mention is that you have to be on Easymax to get the CC option. If you just choose the floating rate, then you cannot pay with CC.

G
10-13-2016, 10:59 AM
Finally! :thumbsup: :clap:

kenny
10-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Euro838
One thing to mention is that you have to be on Easymax to get the CC option. If you just choose the floating rate, then you cannot pay with CC.

I'm on floating and switched to monthly CC pre-auth with no problem. :dunno:

killramos
10-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Yea just sign in online and there is a nice select payment method option on the right and you can change your PAD to Credit Card.

Nice little bonus, I much prefer things going on the CC than out of my bank account. The more bills I can get off PAD the less float I need to leave in the account and in an interest bearing one.

imranm
10-13-2016, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by G
Finally! :thumbsup: :clap:

I just noticed this when I logged on to my Enmax account after a surprise bill. I think "G" has been using my electrical outlets!

G
10-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by imranm

I just noticed this when I logged on to my Enmax account after a surprise bill. I think "G" has been using my electrical outlets!

I think it's the doctor. :rofl:

bigbadboss101
10-13-2016, 09:37 PM
Done, nice! Thank you OP. Didn't think they will change the payment methods.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-13-2016, 10:56 PM
Nice, thanks for posting that info!

nickyh
10-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by kenny

I'm on floating and switched to monthly CC pre-auth with no problem. :dunno:

Weird, I logged into my Enmax account, I'm on the floating rate and I only have the option to enter my banking details, nothing that I can see for credit card. :dunno:

The Wanderer
10-17-2016, 08:16 AM
Floating rate on Easymax can pay by cc
RRO (regulated rate) can not at this time

Originally posted by nickyh

Weird, I logged into my Enmax account, I'm on the floating rate and I only have the option to enter my banking details, nothing that I can see for credit card. :dunno:

Seks
10-17-2016, 08:58 AM
When did Enmax start accepting CC? When I paid my bill exactly a month ago to this day, I dont' remember seeing that option.

I do see it now though :)

suntan
11-21-2016, 03:23 PM
ATCO is offering free energy for January, and Enmax is matching! (only energy costs, you still have to pay all the other fees :D )

Give them a call.

sabad66
11-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by suntan
ATCO is offering free energy for January, and Enmax is matching! (only energy costs, you still have to pay all the other fees :D )

Give them a call.
sweet, what did you say when you called? just that you were thinking of switching to atco cuz of that promotion?

suntan
11-21-2016, 03:41 PM
I haven't tried yet, but that's what other people have been saying.

roopi
11-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by sabad66

sweet, what did you say when you called? just that you were thinking of switching to atco cuz of that promotion?

I just called Enmax and asked if they have any promotions right now as I am thinking of switching to Atco because of the promo they currently have.

She asked what the promo was and I said free consumption charges in Jan for gas/electricity and an anniversary credit. She looked up my account and said I already receive a yearly $100.00 credit (easymax) but she can match the free gas/electricity for January. She gave me the option of using last January's amount and having it credited now or waiting until January 2017.

It took less then 5 minutes to save $150-$160.

Disoblige
11-21-2016, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by roopi

I just called Enmax and asked if they have any promotions right now as I am thinking of switching to Atco because of the promo they currently have.

She asked what the promo was and I said free consumption charges in Jan for gas/electricity and an anniversary credit. She looked up my account and said I already receive a yearly $100.00 credit (easymax) but she can match the free gas/electricity for January. She gave me the option of using last January's amount and having it credited now or waiting until January 2017.

It took less then 5 minutes to save $150-$160.
Just FYI, consumption charges is only a portion of the charges on your bill. It's not the total bill. For my condo units, it doesn't amount to much haha. Now if they included my delivery charges, that would be nice. Either way, I got almost $80 off my bill for 2 meters over a 15 minute chat, so I can at least eat lunch tomorrow without drinks.

Swank
11-21-2016, 05:21 PM

I just called Enmax and asked if they have any promotions right now as I am thinking of switching to Atco because of the promo they currently have....

It took less then 5 minutes to save $150-$160. Worked for me too, just told them I understand that they are matching ATCO's January promotion, and yep same deal, last January's consumption charges credited to the account. Also let me switch to a lower floating rate at half what I'm paying, we'll see if that results in decent savings too. :thumbsup:

roopi
11-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Just FYI, consumption charges is only a portion of the charges on your bill. It's not the total bill. For my condo units, it doesn't amount to much haha. Now if they included my delivery charges, that would be nice. Either way, I got almost $80 off my bill for 2 meters over a 15 minute chat, so I can at least eat lunch tomorrow without drinks.

Yes I am aware. Those are my consumption charges.

bigbadboss101
11-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Is such transaction fees the norm?

EasyMax: Floating Electricity + 1¢/kWh Transaction Fee

EasyMax: Floating Gas + 99¢/GJ Transaction Fee

roopi
11-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Is such transaction fees the norm?

EasyMax: Floating Electricity + 1¢/kWh Transaction Fee

EasyMax: Floating Gas + 99¢/GJ Transaction Fee

That's exactly what I pay with Enmax Easymax.

bigbadboss101
11-25-2016, 07:17 AM
Ok. They didn't move on the fees. Got a credit based on last January's energy bill.

bjstare
11-25-2016, 09:43 AM
I should have called yesterday. Easymax online chat is full, and calling the enmax number won't work - just ends the call before it rings.

Man people go crazy over deals sometimes.

jabjab
11-25-2016, 10:09 AM
The credit only applies to people on easymax so i just signed up for easymax and got rid of direct energy. My credit ended up being around 86 bucks.

dj_rice
11-25-2016, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
I should have called yesterday. Easymax online chat is full, and calling the enmax number won't work - just ends the call before it rings.

Man people go crazy over deals sometimes.

Tons of people trying to get this deal. I've talked to 3 different people and still no dice on the credit. Says I have the old EasyMax plan with the rewards so can't get another credit on top but some people are still getting it

The wait times on the chat say 90 minutes long lol. currently 7th in line and now the chat just crashed :) . At least I'm waiting on chat during at work

roopi
11-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Tons of people trying to get this deal. I've talked to 3 different people and still no dice on the credit. Says I have the old EasyMax plan with the rewards so can't get another credit on top but some people are still getting it

The wait times on the chat say 90 minutes long lol. currently 7th in line and now the chat just crashed :) . At least I'm waiting on chat during at work

I have the Easymax plan that receives the credit as well and was able to get the deal.

I told them Atco is giving
1. Anniversary Credit
2. Admin Fee Reduction
3. Free consumption for January

So the Easymax credit is $100.00 a year which is the same as the anniversary credit. So no need for Enmax to do anything here.

I just asked about the free consumption credit and they gave it to me. I didn't even bother with the admin fee reduction.

dj_rice
11-25-2016, 01:21 PM

I have the Easymax plan that receives the credit as well and was able to get the deal.

I told them Atco is giving
1. Anniversary Credit
2. Admin Fee Reduction
3. Free consumption for January

So the Easymax credit is $100.00 a year which is the same as the anniversary credit. So no need for Enmax to do anything here.

I just asked about the free consumption credit and they gave it to me. I didn't even bother with the admin fee reduction.

You must of got it done a few days ago, I'm assuming they are cracking down and telling people no now as they've caught on.

roopi
11-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

You must of got it done a few days ago, I'm assuming they are cracking down and telling people no now as they've caught on.

I did. Maybe it is actually worth looking into switching then. I didn't switch because they basically matched.

dj_rice
11-25-2016, 05:32 PM
After 3 attempts with 3 different people, the 4th rep gave me a $81 credit. Good enough. :thumbsup: close to $100

I'll call in next month after the credit applies to inquire about changing to a lower rate. I didn't want them to see the EasyMax rewards credit if I inquired now.

Thanks roopi.

SmAcKpOo
11-29-2016, 01:54 PM
I called yesterday, 150$ credit and moved my electric to floating at 3cents per kWh. I'll monitor the energy landscape for the next bit and lock in when I see things turning for the worst. Fucking NDP.

Transferred the Enmax agent over to 2 other colleagues and she gave them both ~150$ credits as well.

eblend
11-29-2016, 02:26 PM
Called in for myself and got about $85, and impersonated my parents with online chat and got them about $92, good enough :D

cidley69
11-29-2016, 04:41 PM
I just called them, its super easy to get it.

Basically they offer to match the Atco deal for only the energy usage portion of the bill.

They look at the usage fees for last Jan and give you that amount (not counting all the admin fees).

Free money, just costs the time to sit on hold......

:poosie:

dj_rice
11-29-2016, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by cidley69
I just called them, its super easy to get it.

Basically they offer to match the Atco deal for only the energy usage portion of the bill.

They look at the usage fees for last Jan and give you that amount (not counting all the admin fees).

Free money, just costs the time to sit on hold......

:poosie:

How long were you on hold on phone for?

I did online chats. Each chat wait time was 30-45 long but I did them while I was at work luckily, ain't nobody got time to wait on hold lol.

I'll do another attempt for my parents account. For those getting $150 credit WTF? I thought it was up to $100 only.

cidley69
11-30-2016, 04:43 PM
I was on hold 25 mins, but just stick it on speaker and carry on with whatever you're doing.

Not sure how to get the $150 (think that ship sailed), lady I talked to seemed very scripted, like she's been giving out these credits all day.....

CLiVE
11-30-2016, 04:54 PM
Called today. Was told they would assess the bill and send me an email. Just got an email saying a $150 credit was applied. :dunno:

"After a review of your account, we are very excited to be able to offer you a credit of $150. We determined your credit amount based on your personal account details, your historical usage, and your products and services. The credit will be applied to your account today!"

benyl
01-13-2017, 02:28 PM
So I sent an email on December 31 at 4:15pm. No waiting on phone or chat.

Just got an email. $153 credit. Sweet.

TYMSMNY
01-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Bill just came in, They owe me ~$90 now. How many Mcdonalds combo is that with the coupons...

Seks
03-15-2017, 05:43 PM
before enmax has that pay by cc option, did anyone pay enmax via plastiq?