PDA

View Full Version : High school Chem 20 help.

afchack
03-18-2004, 02:50 AM
hey everyone I'm new on this board and obviously new to chemistry also, I'm enrolled in a self directed school, and do most of my work at home, I'm having alot of trouble understanding Chemistry 20 mostly cause I believe the course is written poorly and does not provide enough explanation, and instruction.

Any way, it's about 1:45 in the morning and I have to go drop my boooklets off first thing 2morow morning, I'm having trouble with this specific quesion:

"Write a paragraph describing two aqueous solutions: one that is part of a living system and any other solution. For each of these solutions, identify the solvent and solutes present and provide a diagnostic test that would the presence of one solute"

Can someone explain to me exactly what this question is asking, and how I can answer it.

Thanks!

lint
03-18-2004, 03:00 AM
Aqueous solutions generally mean solutions where the solvent is water. So the question is asking you to describe 2 solutions where the solvent is water, and where one is part of a living system (ie salinity of tears) and another is any other solutions (ie pop).
Think of these two examples and describe them. What are they made of? What is dissolved in each (these would be your solutes). And find a test that can be done to identify the presence of the solute. ie iodine + salt would give a specific color.

afchack
03-18-2004, 12:38 PM
ok, thank you so much

crazydriver
03-19-2004, 12:21 AM
hmm i guess i'm abit late now, but ya good luck with it