PDA

View Full Version : pink ticket

WRX64
06-28-2016, 10:33 PM
Had some irresponsible fun on Alberta's highways this weekend.

Got stopped doing 67 over on 90km.

I have had no other tickets in last 5yrs, nor have I had my license suspending before.

should I hire a lawyer? any recommend lawyer? is Points ok?

any ideas based on experience?

thanks

carson blocks
06-28-2016, 10:46 PM
For a pink ticket, I'd personally get a lawyer, and a good one.

shakalaka
06-28-2016, 10:58 PM
Which jurisdiction did you get the ticket at...I can probably help you out with it. Send me some details.

M.alex
06-29-2016, 01:40 AM
sucks to be you; I got off with a 'cool car but don't do that shit again' for ~150 over the limit :burnout:

schurchill39
06-29-2016, 08:18 AM
The wife got lost around Edmonton once and got a pink ticket because she didn't realize on what ever stretch of road she was on it dropped to 70 (her only ticket ever). The cop was a dick and threatened to tow her right then and there and told her to "enjoy having a license while it lasts".

She hired a lawyer because she needs to be able to drive for work. Without a lawyer you're probably getting a license suspension. I can't say as I am super happy with the outcome but basically the lawyer got the ticket dropped 3kmph to 1 below the speed limit for a pink ticket and she had to pay a huge fine and get a bunch of demerits but at least she got to keep her license. You can bet 100% now that if she's in an unfamiliar place she's scouring for the posted speed limit signs and when in doubt she's driving under 70 if there is no traffic to judge.

mzdspd
06-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Definitely get a lawyer and be prepared to lose your license or pay thru the nose to keep it.. Also you will probably be encouraged to take defensive driving.

I got a pink ticket and I lost license for 90 days (max suspension) but my fine got reduced and because I was in college, i decided to just take the suspension and take the bus.

It was an expensive lesson but it slowed me down and I am grateful that nobody was injured by my actions to speed excessively.

revelations
06-29-2016, 10:06 AM
If you got busted by the Ponoka RCMP Highway patrol, thats a tough court and judge apparently.

ercchry
06-29-2016, 10:06 AM
I got one on my 18th birthday.... Welcome to adulthood on that haha

Was gdl and was like 4 demerits from a suspension.... If you get a suspension, you have to wait an entire year to do your full license. So I ended up postponing my court date like 4 times, got my full license, and had a couple tickets clear up during that time, went in there with more or less a clean record, told the judge I sold the sports car, and learned my lesson (ha! Yeah, right) he dropped it to a 40 over, and life continued... But that was a decade ago so hard to say, Alberta seems a lot tougher on speeding now

G-ZUS
06-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
sucks to be you; I got off with a 'cool car but don't do that shit again' for ~150 over the limit :burnout:

Cool story bro! I'm calling :bullshit: on that one

ercchry
06-29-2016, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Cool story bro! I'm calling :bullshit: on that one

It's possible... I've got let off a few times

Once was 60 over... Cop came up and asked "any particular reason you're driving like an asshole today?" :rofl:

I explained to him that there wasn't, and was actually surprised that I got moving that fast as quickly as I did... He let me go

Another time.... I'm not really sure how fast I was going, but it had to be close to 40 over... Cop was like "when I'm sitting at a red light and you turn in front of me and drive like that and people look at me like are you going to do something about that, then I have to pull you over... I know your car can probably handle it... But slow it down, have a good day"

I didn't even notice this guy till he was right on my ass... And that was as I was passing a sign that dropped the speed limit 20km/h... And I can't very well just brake check the guy... So, yeah that was probably 50+ over at some point :nut:

Kloubek
06-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I had a discussion once with a cop about how fast my car was and he let me off without a speeding ticket (and a couple other tickets he could have given me). He didn't let the no-registration ticket slide, but that was to be expected.

It is amazing what you can accomplish when you are courteous.

And white.

max_boost
06-29-2016, 11:59 AM
White privilege it's not fair!

I have only been let off once for speeding. Doing delivery 70 in a 50 zone on NYE lol Every other time, no chance!

Anyway, pink ticket this is what will happen.

Call Pointts or another place and pay $7-800, take a defensive drivers course online $100, + pay $7-800 fine.

If you think you can do the above without Pointts then you save their $7-800 fee.

Good luck.

WRX64
06-29-2016, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Anyway, pink ticket this is what will happen.

Call Pointts or another place and pay $7-800, take a defensive drivers course online $100, + pay $7-800 fine.

If you think you can do the above without Pointts then you save their $7-800 fee.

Good luck. [/B]

the pointman, Pointts , or best option Ruby Tan

anyone used them before? any commends?

ercchry
06-29-2016, 12:18 PM
I've heard stories of people using those fake lawyer types and getting royalty fucked cause they didn't bother to show up, no recourse either... Cause... Well, they are not lawyers... Plus standing in line to see the JP near them, and they are so fucking greasy... And most of the time smell like BO... No thanks

rage2
06-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by WRX64

anyone used them before? any commends?

CK4500 is an ex cop doing ticket defense now out of Red Deer, depending on where you got your ticket, that might be a cheaper option than going with a Calgary based lawyer who will ding you for extended travel. Shoot him a PM.

max_boost
06-29-2016, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by WRX64

anyone used them before? any commends? I have used Brian Livingston and Charlie Pester.

I didn't want to deal with it myself so I just paid up. Of course during the phone consultation they are gonna scare you a bit.

Oh I know that Prosecutor. If you go in by yourself you will get owned etc.

mr2mike
06-29-2016, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
I've heard stories of people using those fake lawyer types and getting royalty fucked cause they didn't bother to show up, no recourse either... Cause... Well, they are not lawyers... Plus standing in line to see the JP near them, and they are so fucking greasy... And most of the time smell like BO... No thanks

Example
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-278092.html

thetransporter
06-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
The wife got lost around Edmonton once and got a pink ticket because she didn't realize on what ever stretch of road she was on it dropped to 70 (her only ticket ever). The cop was a dick and threatened to tow her right then and there and told her to "enjoy having a license while it lasts".

She hired a lawyer because she needs to be able to drive for work. Without a lawyer you're probably getting a license suspension. I can't say as I am super happy with the outcome but basically the lawyer got the ticket dropped 3kmph to 1 below the speed limit for a pink ticket and she had to pay a huge fine and get a bunch of demerits but at least she got to keep her license. You can bet 100% now that if she's in an unfamiliar place she's scouring for the posted speed limit signs and when in doubt she's driving under 70 if there is no traffic to judge.

next she tell her to say "Im a Calgarian i can afford to be DRIVEN around"

legendboy
06-29-2016, 03:08 PM
I got caught going 173 on Stony last year on my bike
Call Charley, its worth the money.

$500 fine and 4 demerits but he makes you take the driving course which gives you 4 demerits back.

I think it cost me around $2200 total. If you have never lost your licence (3 times for me) trust me it fucking sucks

G-ZUS
06-29-2016, 03:22 PM
Has anyone used emmerson lately?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YzayYR8f3L8/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABM/mArbngEZcFE/s100-c-k-no/photo.jpg

LadyLuck
06-29-2016, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Has anyone used emmerson lately?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YzayYR8f3L8/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABM/mArbngEZcFE/s100-c-k-no/photo.jpg

Emmerson is a total hammer, you are best left representing yourself..which I don't understand why most people don't other than saving time, you will likely get the same deal the crown offers to your representation.

K3RMiTdot
06-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Ruby Tan is Garbage i will never use her again.

I have used Charlie with Pointts once and had great success I'm using him again on a ticket I recently received, but neither of them were pink tickets.

C_Dave45
06-30-2016, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
If you have never lost your licence (3 times for me) trust me it fucking sucks

I lost mine for 6 months. :dunno: Meh. I just kept on driving. The only difference was I was the safest, most law abiding vehicle out there. :rofl:

blairtruck
06-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

I lost mine for 6 months. :dunno: Meh. I just kept on driving. The only difference was I was the safest, most law abiding vehicle out there. :rofl:
i lost my licence at 19 for 157 in a 50 zone. on the highway.
i also just kept on driving as good as could be.

max_boost
06-30-2016, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

I lost mine for 6 months. :dunno: Meh. I just kept on driving. The only difference was I was the safest, most law abiding vehicle out there. :rofl: lol yup i would do the same. if i got pulled over i would just say i'm my brother, you can't tell haha :rofl:

JohnnyHockey
06-30-2016, 09:34 PM
Emerson Brando hahaha

I didn't grow up in Calgary, what is a pink ticket?!?!?! The only time I ever really speed is Stoney between Deerfoot and the new 14 Ave exit into Evanston...I normally do 140-150 if it's wide open with barely any cars around, a couple times I didn't realize I had gotten up to 160+...other than that I drive like a granny...but this pink ticket talk is scaring me.

schurchill39
06-30-2016, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
Emerson Brando hahaha

I didn't grow up in Calgary, what is a pink ticket?!?!?! The only time I ever really speed is Stoney between Deerfoot and the new 14 Ave exit into Evanston...I normally do 140-150 if it's wide open with barely any cars around, a couple times I didn't realize I had gotten up to 160+...other than that I drive like a granny...but this pink ticket talk is scaring me.

Its not a Calgary thing its an Alberta thing. A pink ticket means automatic court date. There is no fine on the ticket like you would have with the yellow ones, all it has is your offense and what day you need to show up to court.

CompletelyNumb
06-30-2016, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
I didn't grow up in Calgary, what is a pink ticket?!?!?!

it's when you drive bad enough to lose your license. Which usually happens. Like Dave said, everyone just keeps driving anyways.

Rat Fink
07-01-2016, 08:34 AM