PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Stampede Tent & Stampede admission?

16hypen3sp
07-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Hey guys,

We are heading down to Cowboys Stampede Tent on Sunday for the Blink 182 show. It starts in the evening.

My girlfriend is telling me that we can access the Stampede grounds and not have to pay general admission because we are seeing a concert later that night. I don't think that's the case.

I'm pretty sure she's wrong here but I'm looking for some clarification. Thanks.

94CoRd
07-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Cowboys tent is outside of the grounds. Can't see Stampede staff letting you in because you are going to Cowboys later.

Edit: Check your Blink tickets? Might say 'includes general admission to grounds'?

austic
07-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Unless something has changed this year thats only if you are seeing a concert on the grounds...like the saddledome or an event at Nashville North.

NoSup4U
07-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by austic
Unless something has changed this year thats only if you are seeing a concert on the grounds...like the saddledome or an event at Nashville North.

This. The two are complete separate entities from each other, and have never offered this (unless like austic said, a deal was made this year, but I very much doubt it).

16hypen3sp
07-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys. I've been telling her it's a totally separate thing.

InRich
07-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Im very curious to see how the Stampede will do this year in terms of revenue

I'm not going personally.

JohnnyHockey
07-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
Thanks guys. I've been telling her it's a totally separate thing.

The thing is though is that even when she's wrong she's right lol...just go and when you can't get in say I told you so.

16hypen3sp
07-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey

The thing is though is that even when she's wrong she's right lol...just go and when you can't get in say I told you so.

I will do just that. And she can pay for it. ahaha

R154
07-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by InRich

Without your money, I'm confident that it will be a total flop.

sexualbanana
07-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by austic

Does Nashville North do ticketed concerts? I always thought they just had their concerts that were covered by your admission price (like the Coke Stage).

Rodeo, Grandstand and Saddledome concerts do cover the cost of park admission though.

flipstah
07-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by R154

Without your money, I'm confident that it will be a total flop.

Lmao

lasimmon
07-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Yah I am going to blink 182 as well. No access to the grounds with your ticket.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Yep no access. I'll be there as well.

JohnnyHockey
07-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by InRich

Too much welcoming and friendliness towards non-whites for your liking?

16hypen3sp
07-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Show was off the hook yo! hahaha.

Man, that was my first time seeing a show in the Stampede Tent. That thing is kind of small. Half the floor space is taken by the bars and what not.

Anyway, the Used were ok. Blink was awesome. Crowd was really pumped. Good times.

InRich
07-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey

Too much welcoming and friendliness towards non-whites for your liking?

someone get this loser a tissue :poosie:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-11-2016, 07:58 PM
The show was great but honestly the audio quality in the tent is pretty bad and I didn't feel like Blink 182 as a whole were super stoked to be there. Still I was right up at the front left of stage nearly the whole set list helping throw the crowd surfers to the security guys :P

RealJimmyJames
07-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Heard Huey Lewis and the news were awesome.

dezmarez
07-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
The show was great but honestly the audio quality in the tent is pretty bad and I didn't feel like Blink 182 as a whole were super stoked to be there. Still I was right up at the front left of stage nearly the whole set list helping throw the crowd surfers to the security guys :P

Haha that's exactly where I was as well.
Buddy of mine got tossed after he lost his shoe.

We came back through after the concert and found it in the middle of the "dance floor".

It was a good show. Was expecting a lot worse considering Tom wasn't on vocals.

canadian_hustla
07-16-2016, 10:51 PM
So I am going to ice cube/flo rida tomorrow and was hoping you guys could give me some advice as i have never been to the Cowboys tent before.

1. Is it likely that there will be a long line up to get in? Ticket says doors open at 6pm, but we all know that the main event will start at 11 or 12pm. really what time would you recommend showing up? I don't have any restrictions on my ticket (although not vip)

2. Is it possible to get a taxi afterwards when the show is over, assume 2am.? I am slightly concerned of the volume as it is last night of stampede, and may just drive. Where is the best place to park?

3. Do they have an atm machine in the tent?

Thanks in advance!

Type_S1
07-16-2016, 11:05 PM
^^ when the tent is at capacity it doesn't matter if you have a ticket or not you will not be allowed entrance. This happened multiple times this week already. Cowboys is supposed to clear the tent out at 6pm but they never do so when the people who paid for the concert show up they get shafted.

gatorade
07-17-2016, 06:30 PM
1. not if u show up right at 6, even if there is, line moves pretty quickly, I would say the earlier the better

2. its gonna be a shit show getting a cab around then, but you'll be able to find one eventually

3. there are atms in the tent