PDA

View Full Version : Is there much of a Calgary car scene anymore?

JDC™
07-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Is there anything on the regular to do for car enthusiasts in Calgary? I checked out the Barlow meet last Saturday but it seemed underwhelming, unless that's a result of poor weather...

Darkane
07-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by JDC™
Is there anything on the regular to do for car enthusiasts in Calgary? I checked out the Barlow meet last Saturday but it seemed underwhelming, unless that's a result of poor weather...

Like yesterday? It's the Lethbridge weekend, roads were dead in Calgary.

eglove
07-10-2016, 10:36 PM
Menace meets are the new thing. Wednesday nights I believe

JDC™
07-11-2016, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

Like yesterday? It's the Lethbridge weekend, roads were dead in Calgary.

Fair enough, I was hoping that was the case.

What are the menace meets? Time/place?

Skyline_Addict
07-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Ferrari Club of America AB Chapter hosts a Cars and Coffee event every Tuesday evening at the Cardel building in Quarry Park. Starts at 7:00 pm and turn out is typically dependant on weather. Cool cars if you're more into the exotic/rare and I would reckon its a different crowd from "Menace".

JDC™
07-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
Ferrari Club of America AB Chapter hosts a Cars and Coffee event every Tuesday evening at the Cardel building in Quarry Park. Starts at 7:00 pm and turn out is typically dependant on weather. Cool cars if you're more into the exotic/rare and I would reckon its a different crowd from "Menace".

Cool thanks!

Offroad
07-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Check out all the A/W meets ....the one on Glen deer Circle/Calgary auto mall on Friday nights is packed starting around 6pm....130th ave SE A/W on Thursdays....an on good weather nights at Barlow Tim's Fri/Sat ...get there real early or your parking a block away

Thaco
07-11-2016, 08:54 PM
errrybody loves a good care meet.

http://carebears.co/images/agkzp_cbaboutmain.jpg

Sugarphreak
07-11-2016, 09:00 PM

speedog
07-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Offroad
Check out all the A/W meets ....the one on Glen deer Circle/Calgary auto mall on Friday nights is packed starting around 6pm....130th ave SE A/W on Thursdays....an on good weather nights at Barlow Tim's Fri/Sat ...get there real early or your parking a block away
Motorbike meet Thursday's at the A&W on 16th Avenue and 4th Street NW..

JDC™
07-12-2016, 08:46 AM
ah, good catch on title :nut:

I think I might check out the menace meet tomorrow - is anyone here going?

Redlyne_mr2
07-18-2016, 06:54 PM
The car scene comes in waves, if you went to Driven you an see that there are still people out there doing builds, unfortunately the people doing heavy builds has slowed down.