PDA

View Full Version : "Calgary Tire Shop"

parabs
07-12-2016, 11:09 AM
Anyone have any feedback on this outfit. Looks to be ran from a residence, that doesn't indicate anything, could be a good outfit, could be a honky outfit.

http://www.calgarytireshop.com

I'm considering getting a couple sets of rims blasted and powdercoated.

J.M.
07-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Found them on kijiji a few years ago. Never had rims blasted and powdercoated here but I've gone here a couple times now to get a few sets of rims/tires mounted and balanced. Service was great both times.

Last time I was there the owner (Levan IIRC) was showing me a shitty powdercoat job that was done at a different place. The rims were already peeling and he was going to refinish them.

G-ZUS
07-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by J.M.
Found them on kijiji a few years ago. Never had rims blasted and powdercoated here but I've gone here a couple times now to get a few sets of rims/tires mounted and balanced. Service was great both times.

Last time I was there the owner (Levan IIRC) was showing me a shitty powdercoat job that was done at a different place. The rims were already peeling and he was going to refinish them.

How are their prices for mounting and balance?

KRyn
07-12-2016, 01:16 PM
I recently used these guys to repair (serious curb rash, straighten) and powder coat some OEM wheels. The wheels balanced fine with new rubber and look great. The price was very reasonable and service was good. The only thing that may be an issue for some people is the lack of colours available. I can send you before and after pictures if you are interested OP.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
I recently used these guys to repair (serious curb rash, straighten) and powder coat some OEM wheels. The wheels balanced fine with new rubber and look great. The price was very reasonable and service was good. The only thing that may be an issue for some people is the lack of colours available. I can send you before and after pictures if you are interested OP.

I'd love to see these as well, as I'm in the market to have some wheels powdercoated.

R-Audi
07-12-2016, 02:01 PM
I had a set of Volks powdercoated there... it was $500 for rash repair and coating. they dont stock a ton of colors (maybe 30?) but he can get in whatever you want for extra $.

n1zm0
07-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

Same, I've been using Levan for M&B only for 3 years now but recently had some rims with fairly severe curb rash. He did an amazing job on them, I did not use the powder coating service however, just plastidipped them thereafter.

Nothing but good things to say about the service. Good guy, loves offroading and shooting the BS :thumbsup: He has a fair bit of business especially during the winter/summer tire change over months so best to book in advance, he does loose rim M&B within 15-20 mins in my experience, but he does have a hoist if you need rims on vehicle swap.

HomespunLobster
07-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Been seeing those "Tire O Tire" signs down near shawnessy area, zip tied to sign posts and the like. Website was a bit shoddy, seems like it's just a distributor but no install options.

http://www.tireotire.com/

J.M.
07-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

How are their prices for mounting and balance?

http://www.calgarytireshop.com/mountingbalancingprice.htm

Not too bad I guess.. I live like 5-10 min away from them so it's really close by

I decided to try unmounting old tires from a set of steelies by hand using pry bars and a jack to break the bead last summer... holy hell I'll never try that again :rofl:

GQBalla
07-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Costco prices are cheaper if you got 17 inch rims and above.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-13-2016, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by J.M.

http://www.calgarytireshop.com/mountingbalancingprice.htm

Not too bad I guess.. I live like 5-10 min away from them so it's really close by

I decided to try unmounting old tires from a set of steelies by hand using pry bars and a jack to break the bead last summer... holy hell I'll never try that again :rofl:

Haha my dad spent a day mounting 4 tires in his garage because he was so anal about someone potentially scratching his wheels when mounting them. It was a huge PITA without a machine!

Sugarphreak
07-13-2016, 09:05 AM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-13-2016, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Just tell him to get Bob/UrbanX to do it, they invested in premium equipment to avoid scratching rims.

Oh he normally uses Bob or us at Spec R just he wanted to do it himself this time as it was damn near impossible to get ahold of those wheels and tires and he wasn't ready to accept a small chance of someone else possibly causing damage to either the tires or wheels.

He said he'd just have Bob do it in the future.

HiSpec
07-13-2016, 10:53 PM
I would recommend Spec R. As much as I do trust them, my friends have had their wheels damaged before they moved to Haute AG. YMMV.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-14-2016, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec
I would recommend Spec R. As much as I do trust them, my friends have had their wheels damaged before they moved to Haute AG. YMMV.

I don't think Spec R does sandblasting + powdercoating.

HiSpec
07-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I don't think Spec R does sandblasting + powdercoating.

I meant mounting and balance. Sorry should've been more specific.