PDA

View Full Version : Question about foundation/weeping tile work

ekguy
07-15-2016, 12:05 AM
Well me and my friend got dealt a shitty hand here...Just moved to a house and foundation is leaking hard. Last tenant didn't advise them that's what was happening...So the landlord is just as surprised as we are.

Landlord is dealing with it very well and promptly but I am just wondering for those having had this work done before what is the usual length of time the job took?

We are trying to fight having to move and would rather stay in the house and cutting off access to basement while work is done.

We talking a few weeks of work once they hit the issue or months?

spikerS
07-15-2016, 12:37 AM
help to mitigate the issue. go to Home Depot or similar, and get some downspouts, or extenders, so that the water coming off the roof gets pushed as far away from the house as possible. This may involve cutting the downspouts higher up on the house if the grading is not pushing water away.

The further you can divert that water away from the house, the less of an issue it will be, and will probably stop it from flooding the basement and allow the landlord to affect proper repairs.

Repairs for something like this with a 3 or 4 man crew should take a few days.

ekguy
07-15-2016, 02:13 AM
we will know soon when they have someone come look at it. seems to be isolated to one part of the foundation.