PDA

View Full Version : Ford F150 - The new Dodge

blindsight
07-19-2016, 10:36 AM

killramos
07-19-2016, 10:37 AM
And here I just thought it was a more generalized pickup truck driver thing :rofl:

BokCh0y
07-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Dodge I noticed for sure. Ford nor so much though. And I live where everyone has a truck.

EK 2.0
07-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by killramos
And here I just thought it was a more generalized pickup truck driver thing :rofl:

This for me...haha...

[Yu]
07-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Nope, still notice its mainly Dodge truck drivers man.

blindsight
07-19-2016, 12:33 PM

ShermanEF9
07-23-2016, 07:19 AM
I've definitely still noticed dodge owners as the kings of douchebaggery

revelations
07-23-2016, 08:07 AM
If there is someone riding my ass for no reason, its usually a Dodge pu.

Darell_n
07-23-2016, 09:17 AM
I find the douche bags are always driving a diesel, Ford or Dodge. 1/2 ton trucks I don't see any correlation.

redblack
07-23-2016, 10:08 AM
I'm starting to see a lot of D-bags in lifted tacoma's. That's the next bro/chill guy truck

ZMan2k2
07-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Full disclosure, I drive an '06 Tacoma.

It's a generalized Pick Up thing. I've been guilty of it on a few occasions, and it's just a size of vehicle thing. Although the diesel guys still take the crown. Especially when lifted. I'm not lifted, but I do have Bilstien leveling shocks on my truck.

heavyD
07-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by killramos

Pretty much. Not all but many abide by a different set of traffic rules than the rest of the general public.

r3ccOs
07-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Totally just a "pickup" thing...

This is actually what I'm finding...:

All half tons or bigger, regardless of manufacturer will have typical DB drivers, but RAM definately sells an image, and markets to that Monster Energy/Redbull/Mountain Dew "Extreme Sport" demographic, which as a result... Is:

Lifted 1500/2500/3500's, with mud terrains, blacked out, and if w/Cummings short stacks or obnoxious exhausts, with Metal Mulisha/Fox Racing/Monster Energy/Ram the Daughter logos plastered all over the place with

Asshole drivers who wear:
Flat brim hats, white Oil Can sunglasses, tattoos, muscle tee/Fox racing jersey, in skateboard shoes

Who own: Sleds, ATVs and pit bulls

Also the pricing on the Ram's are more attractive in general to Ford, and especially GM, which makes the entry point for a short box, extended cab 4x4 w/ a HEMI that much more attainable for a younger demographic

I also have found that those in my age group, who have slightly "matured" have moved into the Tundra market... Which means less stickers, less exhaust, but still a modest lift and rims

It's not that you don't see this with Ford, but I think due to the number of F150's out there, it appears more common with Dodge

SOAB
07-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Since I'm a truck driver, I admit that I do find myself tailgating people often.

why? sometimes it's because they drive slow as fuck. but most of the time, it's because of how high I sit. I can see what is in front of the cars in front of me. my driving behavior is dependent on everything around me, not just according to the vehicle in front of me. if a car slows down 3 cars in front of me, I can react sooner than the car in front of me because of that height advantage. I'll catch myself creeping closer to the car in front of me and back off.

of course, I don't do this when I'm behind bigger vehicles that I can't see around or over.

sometimes I'll get up close to someone because I want them to know that I am driving faster than they are and the can move out of the left lane. sit 2 seconds behind them and they will stay in front of you forever. usually, all you have to do is get up close than back off and they'll move.

not saying its right, but that's my reasoning. :dunno:

ercchry
07-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by blindsight
I always thought that it was simply F150 drivers posturing because my truck would kick their asses...

:rofl:

Ecoboost with 3.73s pulls from diesels (stock vs stock)

It's true though, it's one of my favourite things to do when I drive the truck... Diesel owners get sooooo mad

blairtruck
07-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

:rofl:

Ecoboost with 3.73s pulls from diesels (stock vs stock)

It's true though, it's one of my favourite things to do when I drive the truck... Diesel owners get sooooo mad
every diesel douche with stacks who pulls up next to me wants to go for some reason. i pretend its on, then pull away slowly as they zoom off.

btimbit
07-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Nah, Ram Sport owners still own the half ton dbag title

16hypen3sp
07-23-2016, 07:48 PM
GMT400 with a reg cab, long box and straight pipes.

The worst. Period.

relyt92
07-23-2016, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
GMT400 with a reg cab, long box and straight pipes.

The worst. Period. They also seem to always have HIDs and/or light bars running all the time too.

r3ccOs
07-25-2016, 07:19 AM
yesterday driving back from Invermere... at least 3 dodges and 1 ford that were jumping in an out of lanes, passing on the shoulder while traffic was at a standstill around Morley

another set of D'bag drivers... the young brown kids trying to impress their "elders" in their mid-2000's model BMW X, ML, or Escalades

usually bought from Toronto, because they're rusted to shit, have no 3m coating and all 4 wheels are in dire need of alignments as all 4 wheels toe in

dirtsniffer
07-25-2016, 08:09 AM
definitely still dodge. although at the campground this weekend there was a 4runner who thought it was cool to go 30+ kph through the loop several times. Not a truck though so ?

jonnycat
08-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Definitely Rams. It's always a Ram