PDA

View Full Version : New Asus ROG board mailed in its own box, does not turn on

thetransporter
07-19-2016, 04:39 PM
my friend ordered me a ROG Gaming board, new from ebay in Germany, it cant get to turn on. Just the Power LED stays on, the reset button when i push it does not short out the power LED like my other board.

This board was packed only in its packaging. could impact or drops during handling cause any date ?

When I ordered it from from other sellers or even amazon they placed the actual retail box in foam/packing material in much larger box

The seller insists there was nothing wrong with sending it the way he did, and it arrived properly (working) like how the hell would he know.

I paid 40 EURO for shipping and 80 duties and taxes.

Could there be a loose capacitor or something?

Seth1968
07-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Is the CPU connector plugged in?

Also, did you move any jumpers?

Try just plugging in the mobo and CPU connector and see if it fires up.

How do you know the psu is ok?

revelations
07-19-2016, 04:51 PM
The ROG boards come with insane amounts of backup, config DIAGNOSTIC and recovery tools. I would start by going through the manual to eliminate the obvious.

Something as dumb as a DIP switch stuck 1/2 way could cause this.

eglove
07-19-2016, 05:18 PM
Doesn't germany have different power requirements? Like 220-240v and we are 110-220?

carson blocks
07-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by eglove
Doesn't germany have different power requirements? Like 220-240v and we are 110-220?

All that is handled with the PSU which will convert the mains AC voltage to the 5/12 VDC the motherboard uses.

eglove
07-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by carson blocks

All that is handled with the PSU which will convert the mains AC voltage to the 5/12 VDC the motherboard uses.

Ah, makes sense. Carry on!

Seth1968
07-19-2016, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by revelations
The ROG boards come with insane amounts of backup, config and recovery tools.

With all due respect, please explain how such would explain a no mobo power up issue and POST not appearing?

With that said, I'm suspecting the OP fucked up the whole mobo install. I've seen it too many times with gamers blaming something else, other than their stupid overclocking and pushing the hardware beyond "safe" specs.

colsankey
07-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter
my friend ordered me a ROG Gaming board, new from ebay in Germany, it cant get to turn on. Just the Power LED stays on, the reset button when i push it does not short out the power LED like my other board.

This board was packed only in its packaging. could impact or drops during handling cause any date ?

When I ordered it from from other sellers or even amazon they placed the actual retail box in foam/packing material in much larger box

The seller insists there was nothing wrong with sending it the way he did, and it arrived properly (working) like how the hell would he know.

I paid 40 EURO for shipping and 80 duties and taxes.

Could there be a loose capacitor or something?

Strip all your accessories out, even drives and video card and see if you get anything on the basic video out from the board.

I had an Intel ssd go tits up on me, on a maximus iv ROG i think, and it wouldnt complete a post until i unplugged its power and data cable. Then everythimg worked just fine.

Seth1968
07-19-2016, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by colsankey
[B]

Strip all your accessories out, even drives and video card and see if you get anything on the basic video out from the board.

I'm fairly certain that you have just surmised what I've already concluded.

Seth1968
07-19-2016, 08:32 PM
And with all of such well meanings fail, then:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=queen+radio+gaga+you+tube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=queen+radio+gaga+you+tube

And that will probably fail without admittance.

thetransporter
07-19-2016, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

With all due respect, please explain how such would explain a no mobo power up issue and POST not appearing?

With that said, I'm suspecting the OP fucked up the whole mobo install. I've seen it too many times with gamers blaming something else, other than their stupid overclocking and pushing the hardware beyond "safe" specs.

You might want to look up the O ring issue.

OP is hiding critical info.

hi there,

im not a gamer at all, i am 100 percent sure i didnt mess up, i have a about 8 of these motherboards in builds and i am very familiar with them, they even survived the 2013 floods (submerged) the two i had in the office.

regarding the POST

the ROG boards of a Power button (with an led) you simply push it. I tried 3 different PSUs, checked the CLRCMS switch, cleared it, battery reads 3v,
tried different CPUS, looked for damaged pins,

thetransporter
07-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by colsankey

I had an Intel ssd go tits up on me, on a maximus iv ROG i think, and it wouldnt complete a post until i unplugged its power and data cable. Then everythimg worked just fine.

thank you i tried that i never had this issue before. i know ASUS boards are very hard to die, i did try to open a ASUS RMA but their website screws up .

thetransporter
07-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by revelations
The ROG boards come with insane amounts of backup, config DIAGNOSTIC and recovery tools. I would start by going through the manual to eliminate the obvious.

Something as dumb as a DIP switch stuck 1/2 way could cause this.

thank you, you said it, ROG has a lot backups., i will keep trying, someone said try the hair dryer (heat) as a last resort

the board is not worth a lot it (200usd) but it was real hard to find. i tend to use the same board because it always works and i become familiar with it.