PDA

View Full Version : Cars and Coffee cancelled for the summer

Redlyne_mr2
07-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Due to the recent events at this weeks get together Cars and Coffee has been cancelled for the rest of the summer. Thoughts go out to the victims still recovering in Hospital.

Dalking
07-29-2016, 06:50 PM
What happened!?!

lilmira
07-29-2016, 06:54 PM
Some girl drove her M6 onto the sidewalk hitting a couple people when she was leaving the event.

Dalking
07-29-2016, 06:55 PM
Wow. Just read the news article. Unfortunate :(

For anyone else.
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/ferrari-club-of-america-suspends-calgary-event-after-vehicle-strikes-pedestrians-1.3008562

NoPulp
07-29-2016, 07:17 PM
Can we start making BMW crowd memes instead of Mustang ones :rolleyes:

Sucks the event got shut down because of one person. Hope victims are alright

flipstah
07-29-2016, 10:02 PM
Sigh. One bad apple ruined it for the bunch. Glad I was able to go on the times that were worth it. Diablo SE... Sigh.

Darkane
07-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Sigh. One bad apple ruined it for the bunch. Glad I was able to go on the times that were worth it. Diablo SE... Sigh.

Glad I went too. What an awesome Tuesday night - now ruined FFS.

Jeeper1986
07-29-2016, 10:48 PM
she can afford an m6 I'm sure her insurance will be covering the 2 women

at any event there is some idiot being an idiot and someone gets hurt

That.Guy.S30
07-29-2016, 11:04 PM
How are charges not laid?

riander5
07-29-2016, 11:56 PM
Lol car meets

BokCh0y
07-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Dang!!! I was around there earlier for a bbq and left around 730.

Shitty that one person ruined this for everyone else. Wondering when charges will be laid.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-30-2016, 10:37 AM
Unfortunate circumstances however I think they did the right thing by cancelling it after what happened.

speedog
07-30-2016, 11:09 AM
So if lawsuits happen, could the car meet organizers and/or facility owner/operator be found liable in any way? One could look at it in the aspect that the two ladies that were run over were facing an increased risk as pedestrians by being in the vicinity of a car meet - so that increased risk, the responsibility of the pedestrians or the meet? The pedestrians may have very well not known there was a meet there but for the meet organizers and host, they would have been well aware that there could be an increased risk to pedestrians. Now I'll agree that nothing should come back to the meet organizers and/or host but we all know how far reaching lawsuits can become.

Darkane
07-30-2016, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by speedog
So if lawsuits happen, could the car meet organizers and/or facility owner/operator be found liable in any way? One could look at it in the aspect that the two ladies that were run over were facing an increased risk as pedestrians by being in the vicinity of a car meet - so that increased risk, the responsibility of the pedestrians or the meet? The pedestrians may have very well not known there was a meet there but for the meet organizers and host, they would have been well aware that there could be an increased risk to pedestrians. Now I'll agree that nothing should come back to the meet organizers and/or host but we all know how far reaching lawsuits can become.

I doubt it. The organizers can in now way be held liable as the drivers on the streets must obey TSA at all times. If the accident happened in the parking lot for example, big difference.

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2016, 01:31 PM

If I was any sort of a lawyer the next question would be, how do you prove the M6 was there for the meet? If we blamed organizations for peoples stupidity everyone would just stay locked up in their homes.

Kijho
07-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Is the Quarry Park & Polish still going to happen, then? (Same venue and everything,..) ?

max_boost
07-30-2016, 04:30 PM

lol wut.

Originally posted by Kijho
Is the Quarry Park & Polish still going to happen, then? (Same venue and everything,..) ?

Saw the sign for that. should be a go

drtoohotty1
07-30-2016, 05:41 PM
Did anyone else read that gofundme page and get angry? Jesus she makes everyone there out to be fast and furious street racers, and if these women dont get AT LEAST $100,000 the hospital will throw them out to the street where they will starve to death....

rage2
07-30-2016, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
Did anyone else read that gofundme page and get angry? Jesus she makes everyone there out to be fast and furious street racers, and if these women dont get AT LEAST $100,000 the hospital will throw them out to the street where they will starve to death....
If that's the case, might as well just leave a comment blaming the loss of Race City and the denial of Rockyview Motorsports Park application.

klumsy_tumbler
08-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Dammit... I didn't get a chance to go yet this year, and now it's cancelled. So bummed... I hope that the pedestrians have a speedy recovery. I have to ask though, how does a 20 yr old afford an M6? (unless I read the article(s) wrong)

Xtrema
08-02-2016, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by klumsy_tumbler
I have to ask though, how does a 20 yr old afford an M6? (unless I read the article(s) wrong)

Police have not yet laid charges against the driver of the BMW, who has been described as a woman in her 20s.

Could be early 20s, could be late 20s.

Either way, do you really have to ask how anyone in Calgary can afford anything? There are plenty of successful professionals, rich parents and people with lot of income and no kids.

I don't think anyone has said the age of M6. It can be a $27K 10 year old beater for all we know.

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/M/Calgary/Alberta/5_25448273_20110323090217759/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=2_15_28

eglove
08-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Daddy's m6 ?

Xtrema
08-02-2016, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by eglove
Sugar Daddy's m6 ?

FTFY

flipstah
08-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

FTFY

Nice.

Sugarphreak
08-02-2016, 01:16 PM

flipstah
08-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Rich parents, there are tons of kids around driving cars I would have killed for in my 20's

It does however illustrate that giving a 20 year old the keys to something like an M6 is just a stupid idea. Stick them behind the wheel of a 100hp Honda and let them learn to drive it first.

I'd definitely be jealous too of the new models that came out when you were 20:

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/ford-model-t-touring-car-model-ts-everett.jpg

Serious note: Is a crushed pelvis life-altering? Speedy recovery to the two persons. :(

max_boost
08-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Pics of girl? hot? 20? lg? :love:

bjstare
08-02-2016, 01:43 PM

I'd definitely be jealous too of the new models that came out when you were 20:
[pic]

Loooool

Serious note: Is a crushed pelvis life-altering? Speedy recovery to the two persons. :(

From my limited knowledge, it's not inherently life-altering, but the recovery takes a long time and it's painful.

mzdspd
08-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

It does however illustrate that giving a 20 year old the keys to something like an M6 is just a stupid idea. Stick them behind the wheel of a 100hp Honda and let them learn to drive it first.

But really does it show that its a stupid idea for just a 20ish year old??

How many older people crash high HP RWD vehicles.. Corvettes, mustangs, vipers.. etc..

People just need to learn to control themselves. This is exactly why I (as a 25 year old) do not want to be a part of any organized meets because people of all ages try to show off and cause issues. It is just a dick measuring contest for who can get the most attention or who has the nicest/fastest car.

My involvement in the car community tends to be with auto x or ice x because it is a controlled setting where you can have fun and most do not want to just show off.

Xtrema
08-02-2016, 01:47 PM

If she tries to have kids, it's not the best thing to have.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2881988/

Being in late 30s, I hope they are done having kids.