PDA

View Full Version : OEB opens up second location downtown

Kaos
08-08-2016, 01:16 PM
If any of you enjoy the food at OEB and their long lines, OEB opened up a second location downtown.

#110, 222 5th Ave SW

http://eatoeb.com/contact-us/

GenerationX
08-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Use the no wait app, fyi. :clap:

Strider
08-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
#110, 222 5th Ave SW

Fifth Avenue Place

403ep3
08-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Aww dang my old work building.

I haven't been to the original because it's so busy. I hope this one is a bit better for time.

JustinMCS
08-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
Aww dang my old work building.

I haven't been to the original because it's so busy. I hope this one is a bit better for time.

original location is closed for renos till sept :(

403ep3
08-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by JustinMCS

original location is closed for renos till sept :(

Well, shit, lol.

The_Rural_Juror
08-08-2016, 11:42 PM
Nice decor. Good food as always. They now do takeout and accept credit cards.

hurrdurr
08-09-2016, 01:49 AM
Love this place, been meaning to go back but the wait was ridiculous last time

J.M.
08-09-2016, 04:09 AM
Went there for lunch yesterday. No line up and service was fast. Food was great.

TomcoPDR
12-28-2017, 05:02 PM
Tried OEB (Edmonton Trail) for the first time. Their potato slice waffle shaped fries were epic. Great service, they made sure they're over staffed (for the size it was). Makes you want to try a different dish everytime you visit. Who can believe a simple meal such as breakfast, can be so sophisticated.

http://image.ibb.co/mcBj6b/01c59cd7aa9ea227d6f8569f9c63a4248ddb229d2a.jpg

jdmXSI
12-29-2017, 09:33 AM
Love that place. They just opened up a 3rd location in Mission where Bocce use to be. Anyone else stoked they brought back their pancakes? :drool:

firebane
12-29-2017, 09:52 AM
OEB is so overated and a place where people want a gourmet breakfast. I prefer my simplistic Dennys or Humptys breakfasts.

ExtraSlow
12-29-2017, 10:23 AM
Deer head cafe for me.

suntan
12-29-2017, 10:39 AM
OEB is so overated and a place where people want a gourmet breakfast. I prefer my simplistic Dennys or Humptys breakfasts.

This is so wrong.

Anyhow, this location is now busier than the original location. I blame the cool egg seating.

flipstah
12-29-2017, 11:32 AM
Soul in a Bowl. Enough said.

Anyone try the Mission location yet?

npham
12-31-2017, 08:47 PM
Soul in a Bowl. Enough said.

Anyone try the Mission location yet?It's a lot more open that the other locations, more seating than downtown I believe too. Food is consistent compared to the other locations as well, but their prices keep going up.

Mitsu3000gt
01-02-2018, 10:16 AM
I was craving breakfast food so I went to OEB in 5th ave place the other day and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Got my order to-go and they just dumped a bunch of second-rate breakfast food with no standout qualities into a styrofoam and sent me on my way. Insanely salty, way more so than typical breakfast food. I couldn't tell a difference from Humpty's/Denny's or breakfast buffet food. For $20 and a 20 minute wait I expected much better. I got an omelette, fruit, and toast but maybe their other stuff is better.

flipstah
01-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Never go take-out for these places. They focus more on dine-in and the take-out part is subpar.

Mitsu3000gt
01-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Never go take-out for these places. They focus more on dine-in and the take-out part is subpar.

I probably wouldn't return to a place that had such a major disparity between sit-down and take-out food, if that is indeed the case. Breakfast food isn't hard to make either, just throw the omelette from the grill into a takeout container and then it's just fruit and toast on the side - not much to screw up. Presentation I understand will be completely different, but take-out orders shouldn't be cooked differently if they are charging the exact same amount and still expecting a tip at the window on top of that. If they have some sort of second-rate policy for takeout and certain orders are treated completely different, I would want nothing more to do with that place. Maybe I just had a bad experience and got unlucky.

Strider
01-02-2018, 10:35 AM
It's so easy to fry eggs and make toast/pancakes/waffles at home that I can't see any reason to go out for simplistic breakfast.

Strider
01-02-2018, 10:42 AM
I probably wouldn't return to a place that had such a major disparity between sit-down and take-out food, if that is indeed the case. Breakfast food isn't hard to make either, just throw the omelette from the grill into a takeout container and then it's just fruit and toast on the side - not much to screw up. Presentation I understand will be completely different, but take-out orders shouldn't be cooked differently if they are charging the exact same amount and still expecting a tip at the window on top of that. If they have some sort of second-rate policy for takeout and certain orders are treated completely different, I would want nothing more to do with that place. Maybe I just had a bad experience and got unlucky.

I don't think it's that they put less effort or quality into the take-out food, moreso that the quality of the food degrades more quickly than standard take-out fare - things like melted cheese, runny eggs, hollandaise sauce, fried potatoes wedges, etc. That said, to me an omelette is an omelette... no difference between homemade vs dennys vs oeb. Same goes for waffles, pancakes, fried/scrambled eggs. I wouldn't pay the hipster premium and wait the long waits for these items.

msommers
01-02-2018, 01:19 PM
Agreed, you can't compare take out to dining in.

OEB on Edmonton Trail is consistently good and busy - eggs Benny all the time! Haven't tried their second location.

Monki has really good food too but their wait times are ridiculous and service is consistently slow.

Blue Star has a great breakfast and dinner menu, their corn bread especially is fantastic. Organized and fast, it's consistently enjoyable going there.

Reds food is pretty meh for me. Fast service and manageable wait times though.

Vendome is average for food, stupidly busy and a disaster trying to find seating because it's a free for all. Even by hipster standards they're incredibly pretentious and don't give a single fuck.

Diner Deluxe is by far the greasiest of all the breakfast places.

suntan
01-05-2018, 09:32 AM
I don't think it's that they put less effort or quality into the take-out food, moreso that the quality of the food degrades more quickly than standard take-out fare - things like melted cheese, runny eggs, hollandaise sauce, fried potatoes wedges, etc. That said, to me an omelette is an omelette... no difference between homemade vs dennys vs oeb. Same goes for waffles, pancakes, fried/scrambled eggs. I wouldn't pay the hipster premium and wait the long waits for these items.

OEB's waffle is amazing. Absolutely worth it.

Phil's makes the best pancakes. Again, far above any other place.