PDA

View Full Version : Best underwear?

sxtasy
08-10-2016, 06:48 PM
I'm a boxer brief wearer. What's the best quality most comfortable ones? I'm not talking baller beyond priced underwear either, something for a reasonable price. My favourite from memory has been Tommy Hilfiger but perhaps things have changed?

HomespunLobster
08-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
I'm a boxer brief wearer. What's the best quality most comfortable ones? I'm not talking baller beyond priced underwear either, something for a reasonable price. My favourite from memory has been Tommy Hilfiger but perhaps things have changed?

https://www.saxxunderwear.com/

Haven't personally tried them, but friends rant and rave over these.

Sugarphreak
08-10-2016, 07:02 PM

Mibz
08-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by HomespunLobster

Haven't personally tried them, but friends rant and rave over these. I'm slowly replacing half my collection with a couple varieties of Saxx. Love 'em.

sxtasy
08-10-2016, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by HomespunLobster

Haven't personally tried them, but friends rant and rave over these.
What's a modern fit boxer? Seems to be the most popular on that site.

wintonyk
08-10-2016, 07:38 PM
+1 for Saxx.

Vibe Modern for daily use. And Kinetic for athletics.

ExtraSlow
08-10-2016, 07:40 PM
anyone hate SAXX?

SKR
08-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Badoop boop boop Me Undies, Me Undies, no more sweaty balls badoop boop boop Me Undies Me Undies, you can wear em at the mall

meundies.com/burr

Nismorphed
08-10-2016, 08:03 PM
Mypackage are my favourite, pretty much same as saxx but I find them more comfortable

JDMMAN
08-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Mypackage and Uniqlo Airsim :thumbsup:

SIC1
08-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Ive got a dozen of them. most are vibe modern fit.

I got most of them from http://www.thelasthunt.com/collections/all/brands_saxx-underwear

buh_buh
08-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Saxx for me. But I've heard meundies are better. Never tried myself.

Jlude
08-10-2016, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Saxx for me. But I've heard meundies are better. Never tried myself.

Saxx are good. I also have a bunch of Under Armour boxer briefs also.

btimbit
08-10-2016, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
anyone hate SAXX?

I found they would ride up too easily. Plus the little sack flaps or whatever they were called would make it feel like they were riding up even when they weren't. Also got a hole in them after a few weeks, which I haven't even seen from a pair of underwear in like 10years

Meundies are the best I've tried, but I haven't tried mypackage yet. Probably will soon

jdmXSI
08-10-2016, 10:43 PM
I have 2 pairs if saxx but won't wear them when I work out. All my others are lulu's. I hate to say it but I will probably never buy another brand unless they change them drastically.

redline
08-10-2016, 11:08 PM
2 undr, mypackage, saxx in that order. I don't buy saxx anymore and will replace with the other two as I go forward.

theken
08-10-2016, 11:11 PM
My package > saxx. I have about 5 pair of my package and about 10 saxx and a couple lulu lemon ones. All awesome, but my package is my favourite

G-ZUS
08-11-2016, 07:53 AM
costco brand :dunno:

brucebanner
08-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Have some saxx but never wear them anymore. I stick to Hanes boxer briefs.

automachine
08-11-2016, 09:04 AM
I start to wear Under Armour, from now I only wear this
Under Armou Men's Iso-Chill 6" Boxerjock Underwear.
This one is so feeling good to me. You should try this and you will love it.

flipstah
08-11-2016, 10:06 AM
I like Jockey and Under Armour. They make good stuff.

Neil4Speed
08-11-2016, 10:29 AM
I guess I'm old school and still rock CK Bold...

rage2
08-11-2016, 10:54 AM
I've been 100% MyPackage for a while now. My gf grew up with the founder, so she got some in their early days for me to try. They're pretty awesome and I've been using them since.

JordanEG6
08-11-2016, 11:23 AM
I've recently used MeUndies. Super soft with some cool designs. Awesome underwear if you're a briefs guy.

HiTempguy1
08-11-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm surprised that everyone is all about the boxer briefs. I hate tight underwear, so uncomfortable :nut:

Regular ol' cotton style boxers for me. I guess I really am stuck in the 90's :rofl:

NoPulp
08-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Am I the only one that finds that saxx stretch out a lot? The knitted ones I have I initially loved, but now my junk is no longer controlled. Still comfortable, but doesn't work as intended.

Super Dry ones are way too tight.
Puma ones are decent, not super nice material but they're comfortable.

Good thread idea

msommers
08-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
I guess I'm old school and still rock CK Bold...

Same here.

The guys with MyPackage, have you tried the Action or Pro series while at the gym or outdoors? Do most people have the Weekday model?

sneek
08-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by theken
My package > saxx. I have about 5 pair of my package and about 10 saxx and a couple lulu lemon ones. All awesome, but my package is my favourite

I have yet to try mypackage but I liked the lulu ones a bit more than Saxx.

D'z Nutz
08-11-2016, 12:46 PM
ka282wza9Dg

birdman86
08-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp
Am I the only one that finds that saxx stretch out a lot? The knitted ones I have I initially loved, but now my junk is no longer controlled. Still comfortable, but doesn't work as intended.

Nope, mine are last in the rotation for this reason. I also don't like the waist band, just find it too soft so it doesn't feel right.

Reddit had a thread saying MeUndies tends to fade, wear out and pill up within months - can anybody confirm or deny?

I'm a CK guy but only cause I found them on sale at winners like 4 years ago... Don't like them either, the waist band rolls and there's nothing I can do about it.

SKR
08-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by birdman86
Reddit had a thread saying MeUndies tends to fade, wear out and pill up within months - can anybody confirm or deny?

Mine haven't. I think I've had these ones since before Christmas.

If you order MeUndies boxer briefs, they fit small. So order a size big, unless you like the feeling of being gently kicked in the balls all day.

Mitsu3000gt
08-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Saxx or Lulu Lemon. They are expensive though haha - I have to accumulate them slowly.

Costco has some similar pairs now I believe, might be worth checking out as I am sure they are 1/5 the price haha.

blubs
08-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Went through the MyPackage phase, but never seem to hold their shape. Nothing seems to compare the the Calvin Klein X.

msommers
08-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Are people hang drying their boxers? I've noticed that makes a big difference in making them last longer.

Mitsu3000gt
08-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Are people hang drying their boxers? I've noticed that makes a big difference in making them last longer.

I always hang them on a drying rack along with whatever else I don't want in the dryer. Dryers are pretty hard on clothes and I find just about everything pills sooner or later if you dry it. I've also had non shrinking things shrink in the dryer even on low heat, so anything I'm even remotely worried about I hang to dry haha.

My backup Costco boxers get the dryer though, I don't care about those ones :rofl:

xnvy
08-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Fuck this thread. I ordered a pair of Saxx and MeUndies :rofl:

sxtasy
08-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
Fuck this thread. I ordered a pair of Saxx and MeUndies :rofl:
I ordered six pairs of Saxx. Let's hope they're good

schurchill39
08-12-2016, 07:41 AM
I haven't tried mypackage or MeUndies yet but I love my pair of saxx and will be going with them moving forward. I had three pairs of Lululemons and they were absolute garbage. They wore holes in them within 6 months, the waist band fell apart, and they stretched out. I have a few pairs of the American Eagle that aren't bad, but others that are very tight.

At the end of the day Saxx are my favorite.

schocker
08-12-2016, 08:35 AM
I have some saxx and then just banana republic. Saxx is great, but still don't get why the sizing is different between striped/nonstriped.

topsecret
08-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Lulu used to make awesome undies, but that was probably 5 years ago now, I have been using SAXX for the past year or so, the sport ones are the best!!!

Seth1968
08-12-2016, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by xnvy
Fuck this thread. :rofl:

Me too.

Not only did it make me think about something that I didn't before, but I also pulled my pants down, reached behind my ass to get a look at the label, and found out I've got Fruit Of The Loom briefs. Is that not a good thing?, and what are the benefits of something better? No nut sweat syndrome?

Yes, those questions aren't based in sarcasm :)

The_Penguin
08-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Plain old Stanfield 3-pack at Costco for me.

davidI
08-12-2016, 11:56 AM
I like the Saxx but I've found they wear out quickly. I'm only hang drying them now...

SKR
08-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968
what are the benefits of something better?

A nice lady complimented me on how nice my MeUndies felt and then she touched me on the wiener. That's the only time I ever got any feedback on my underwear. She probably would have anyway but it was a nice little pick me up I thought.

Seth1968
08-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by SKR

A nice lady complimented me on how nice my MeUndies felt and then she touched me on the wiener. That's the only time I ever got any feedback on my underwear. She probably would have anyway but it was a nice little pick me up I thought.

:rofl:

WIN all over that post.

Now how exactly does one wipe their ass, and should there be a book on such matters?

zehnd
08-13-2016, 09:46 PM
I recently discovered Duluth "BUCK NAKED" PERFORMANCE BOXER BRIEFS. Expensive, wear like a pigs nose. They have undershirts in the same material. I bought the armadillo line but haven't developed an opinion on them yet.

WhippWhapp
08-13-2016, 10:10 PM
meundies all the way...

CompletelyNumb
08-14-2016, 01:22 AM
Saxx all the way. I have a good mix of the sport style and cotton. Both are good.

BMDUBS
08-14-2016, 12:01 PM
Surprised no ones rocking Bjorn Borg or diesels. They are my go tos

Sugarphreak
08-14-2016, 08:01 PM

AllGoNoShow
08-14-2016, 10:46 PM
Super comfy...

http://www.cariloha.com/mens/bottoms/underwear.html

speedog
08-14-2016, 11:28 PM
For the real ballers (http://www.devadave.com/underwear/)

Mitsu3000gt
08-15-2016, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
I'm surprised that everyone is all about the boxer briefs. I hate tight underwear, so uncomfortable :nut:

Regular ol' cotton style boxers for me. I guess I really am stuck in the 90's :rofl:

A good pair of BB's and you don't even know you're wearing underwear. Not tight in the slightest. Those baggy boxers are always making themselves known, which is why I stopped wearing them.

Also with those baggy boxers, step into a pair of jeans and all of a sudden you're wearing a thong :rofl: They bunch up and ride up too easily IMHO.

Obviously YMMV, very subjective haha.

bjstare
08-15-2016, 08:59 AM

I feel like there's an Asian small penis joke in there somewhere.

Originally posted by BMDUBS
Surprised no ones rocking Bjorn Borg or diesels. They are my go tos

They are (well for Bjorn Borg, were, not are) my go-to's as well. I won't buy bjorn borg again though, they get stretched out and become less comfortable.

And I have about 5 pairs of the bright single-color diesel ones that are really stretchy, they are unbelievably comfy (edit: after extended searching and seeing way too many dudes packages, they're called the Microfiber Divine Trunk). However I've also had a few pairs of more cotton-type diesel underwear that are horrible. too small, ride up, stretch out, just the worst.

HiTempguy1
08-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Obviously YMMV, very subjective haha.

Yes, very subjective lol. Clearly, this being Beyond, everyone can afford $50/pair underwear and has 12" dongs that need all the support they can get :rofl:

I guess my junk is small :cry:

Seth1968
08-15-2016, 11:30 AM
My apologias if I'm diverting the thread, but I'm thinking about getting a dash cam as well. It's a result of having to slam on the brakes because of an idiot that walks right across the road without looking both ways, while texting what THEY ATE FOR BREAKFAST.

I can further to that, but I'm seriously asking, what is the point of a rear pointed camera, and how much more would it cost me?

jwslam
08-15-2016, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
I guess my junk is small :cry:
The bananas are for size reference only

Originally posted by cjblair
Superdry is actually British...

chathamf
08-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by SKR
Badoop boop boop Me Undies, Me Undies, no more sweaty balls badoop boop boop Me Undies Me Undies, you can wear em at the mall

meundies.com/burr

Love MeUndies. I have Saxx as well and they are great, but MeUndies takes the cake.

nzwasp
08-18-2016, 09:45 AM
In this thread everyone spends way to much on underwear.

I used to get those packs of darkblue/light blue boxer briefs from costco but I found the placement of the stitched in label was fucking scratchy on my lower back so now im all about the Joe ones as in superstore brand of boxer briefs. Also if I need some milk I can stock up on some undies at the same time.

As for clothing we should have a socks thread. My wife got me a sub to sockbox.ca which is actually run by a guy in NW calgary and they are great however I find I wear through socks like nothing. Infact of my 12 pairs from them I think 4 of them already have holes in the bottom and toes.

R-Audi
08-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Guess Im one of the budget orientated undies guys. I stick with the Denver Hayes cotton boxers from Marks. I have a few pairs of Saxx and Pair of Theives, but always go back to DH. Helps that they are 1/4 the price too.

sl888
08-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Love my Saxx....I rarely touch my CKs anymore. MyPakage is currently 40% off on Live Out There. An additional 10% off if you are signed up to their lifetime membership.

Originally posted by nzwasp

As for clothing we should have a socks thread. My wife got me a sub to sockbox.ca which is actually run by a guy in NW calgary and they are great however I find I wear through socks like nothing. Infact of my 12 pairs from them I think 4 of them already have holes in the bottom and toes.
:werd: I never get holes on the heel or toes but always in the achilles area.

flipstah
08-19-2016, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by sl888

:werd: I never get holes on the heel or toes but always in the achilles area.

Do you wear dress shoes a lot? I find the stiff back is the culprit for those.

xnvy
08-19-2016, 10:55 AM
I love sockbox, I just ended my subscription after a few months but I love the designs. Always a nice surprise.

riander5
08-19-2016, 11:17 AM
UA chillmesh underwear make up most of mine - have a few pairs of SAXX and Lulu that are good.

Might have to put in a me undie order after seeing this thread

Mitsu3000gt
08-19-2016, 09:27 PM
Group buy?

googe
08-20-2016, 01:52 AM
I am far too cool to be wearing gimmicky underwear. I actually get weirded out just looking at these overly articulated shapes. Plus, nobody wants to see that.

Also, it's the material that matters. Merino :thumbsup:

A790
08-20-2016, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by speedog
For the real ballers (http://www.devadave.com/underwear/)
Okay so I hadn't really been following the conversation and decided to start clicking links. What a fuckin surprise that was.

sl888
08-21-2016, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Do you wear dress shoes a lot? I find the stiff back is the culprit for those.
Yeah, it's definitely the dress shoes.
Never heard of sockbox.ca before but just sign up! Of all the brands they ship I've only tried HS. I think we need a socks thread.

speedog
08-21-2016, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by A790

Okay so I hadn't really been following the conversation and decided to start clicking links. What a fuckin surprise that was.

Local Calgary shop and the web site's pictures are tamed down quite a bit from just 6 months ago - used to have all the junk hanging out instead of a fist covering it.

Sugarphreak
08-21-2016, 10:36 AM

sxtasy
08-21-2016, 10:58 AM
So I got my six pairs of Saxx, after a few days of wearing them I would say they are just ok. They look good and fit well, but I think I prefer cotton. The material seems quite thin, I could see problems with long term durability. I just put orders in for cotton Tommy Hilfigers and Calvin Kleins.

Mitsu3000gt
08-21-2016, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Doesn't Marino shrink massively though if you wash it though?

I wash Marino Wool stuff all the time and it doesn't shrink, I assume that's what you're referring to. Hang to dry. Delicate or hand wash cycle and Woolite detergent.

On a similar note, do any of you guys know where to buy undershirts (V or crew neck to they don't show under dress shirts) that do not shrink in the dryer? Every shirt I have found is cotton or mostly cotton, and the one time I dried them, it ended up too small even for my 1 year old niece. Hanging them is a PITA, especially for an unimportant undershirt, and I would love to just toss them all in the dryer. I have seen a few that were like $40/shirt but that is outrageous.

sl888
08-23-2016, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by cjblair

MyPakage will just put it right out there...I just got my 4 pairs and according to their box I needed to go a size smaller.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/sl888/20160822_221039.jpg

J-hop
08-23-2016, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
I have 2 pairs if saxx but won't wear them when I work out...

This has been my only complaint with Saxx. I've been dabbling in Olympic lifting for a while now and it's tough to make a proper pull without raking the shit out of your balls on the way up. Other than that they are pretty comfortable.

bjstare
08-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I wash Marino Wool stuff all the time and it doesn't shrink, I assume that's what you're referring to. Hang to dry. Delicate or hand wash cycle and Woolite detergent.

On a similar note, do any of you guys know where to buy undershirts (V or crew neck to they don't show under dress shirts) that do not shrink in the dryer? Every shirt I have found is cotton or mostly cotton, and the one time I dried them, it ended up too small even for my 1 year old niece. Hanging them is a PITA, especially for an unimportant undershirt, and I would love to just toss them all in the dryer. I have seen a few that were like $40/shirt but that is outrageous.

Hanes comfortsoft (or something like that) is what I wear. They're cheap, and preshrunk. Of course they still shrink a bit, but only after like 6-12 months of washer/dryer cycles. Usually they need to be replaced at that point anyways.

Mitsu3000gt
08-23-2016, 03:29 PM
^^ Will check those out, thanks.