PDA

View Full Version : Obama founded ISIS.

ZenOps
08-11-2016, 07:29 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/us/politics/trump-rally.html?_r=0

According to Trump. Not that its an unusual thing, Bush also sponsored many nations in the middle east that ended up being pretty nasty.

schurchill39
08-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Can the elections happen already? The rest of the world is getting really sick of this ass clown.

rage2
08-11-2016, 08:04 AM
It's funny how when this was used to attack Republicans (namely Bush), it was completely OK. If Trump uses the same argument, oh noes.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/did-george-w-bush-create-isis

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/14/jeb-bush-isis_n_7284558.html

I love how everyone is so played by the media and headlines. :rofl:

End of the day, say what you want about Trump supporters, they're just tired of being spoonfed the same old rhetoric, and have zero trust in the headlines. That's why even though the media has been pretty much 100% against Trump, it's really hasn't done much to halt his momentum.

ExtraSlow
08-11-2016, 08:11 AM
We are now fully conditioned to have a strong negative reaction to every word uttered by Donald. It's Pavlovian at this point. We've long since passed the point of reasoned discussion.

rage2
08-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
We are now fully conditioned to have a strong negative reaction to every word uttered by Donald. It's Pavlovian at this point. We've long since passed the point of reasoned discussion.
Pretty much. I've had to stop watching those late night comedy news shows because it got so damn boring regurgitating the same shit over and over again. Although this week's Last Week Tonight was pretty funny, since it made fun of Olympics and talked about Journalism. Refreshing.

dandia89
08-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Does anyone even think trump will get elected? Sure Hilary is terrible but i don't think there's any chance the democrats lose

rx7_turbo2
08-11-2016, 08:47 AM
Right before the Republican convention there had to have been a conscience effort by most of the big news outlets to just go at Trump full tilt. Not that CNN had been doing a very good job of presenting a balanced view but since the start of the RNC they've gone into full on attack mode, they're not even pretending to present a fair view of things anymore.

Hillary has a laundry list a 1000 miles long of things that should be receiving coverage and yet nothing gets any coverage.

Will Trump win? I think he had a really good opportunity after getting the nod to tone things down a bit, appear more presidential and increase his chances of an election win. Instead Trump remained Trump and at the end of the day I thinks that's why Hillary may win. Having said that if you think there is no chance he'll win I think you're underestimating how much people are fed up with things down there, how badly they want change and how much they HATE Clinton.

riander5
08-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Go banana!

rage2
08-11-2016, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
Right before the Republican convention there had to have been a conscience effort by most of the big news outlets to just go at Trump full tilt. Not that CNN had been doing a very good job of presenting a balanced view but since the start of the RNC they've gone into full on attack mode, they're not even pretending to present a fair view of things anymore.

Hillary has a laundry list a 1000 miles long of things that should be receiving coverage and yet nothing gets any coverage.

Will Trump win? I think he had a really good opportunity after getting the nod to tone things down a bit, appear more presidential and increase his chances of an election win. Instead Trump remained Trump and at the end of the day I thinks that's why Hillary may win. Having said that if you think there is no chance he'll win I think you're underestimating how much people are fed up with things down there, how badly they want change and how much they HATE Clinton.
Yea I dunno what changed since then from the media perspective, but I do know that the Clinton campaign switched gears and is playing the fear card just as well as Trump now. It's like they watched John Oliver criticize the Clinton campaign on why they're losing against the Trump campaign, took that advice, and just started making Trump moves to fight back. Except nobody is questioning the Clinton camp claims while every word uttered by Trump is examined under a microscope and interpreted in the worst fear possible.

Seriously, this is why I love American politics. Best reality show ever.

Xtrema
08-11-2016, 09:38 AM
I have since accepted a Trump presidency, just to see the world burn.

tirebob
08-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by rage2

End of the day, say what you want about Trump supporters, they're just tired of being spoonfed the same old rhetoric, and have zero trust in the headlines. That's why even though the media has been pretty much 100% against Trump, it's really hasn't done much to halt his momentum.

I don't know if I agree with that assessment. I mean, yes you are right that they are not buying into the headlines, but I think it really has nothing to do with the lack of trust in the same old rhetoric, but more that they finally have someone who is spewing all the dim and dark rhetoric that feeds into their own insecurities. Sort of an equal and opposite reaction to those that absolutely buy into everything PC... Just the other end of the scale. They want to be so anti PC that they take it to a level that is just as outrageous the other way.

It is the Donald himself (and his team) that are recognizing the opportunity and are taking these people and convincing them that what they are doing is fighting the status quo when in reality I don't think the majority even realized that is what they were doing. They were all just happy to be able to hate again in the public eye and have others that pat them on the back for it.

HiTempguy1
08-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Trump actually had a chance at winning, he killed it for himself. Coming up to the party conventions, voter stats indicated it going rapidly to a 50/50 split.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/20160805_trump1.jpg

In fact, trump surpassed Clinton briefly. I'm quite confident it is game over, but there is still a chance. This is hardly set in stone, especially as Clinton keeps doing a "slow dig" of her own grave with her constant waffling and lying. :dunno:

Edit-
To be "on topic", if Bush helped destabilize the middle-east, then Obama most certainly helped ISIS form. Obama's shitty half-assed non-interventionist "but still do backroom deals" crap is way worse than Trump's "pull out of everything" or Bush's "get into everything".

Half-assing is the worst kind of assing :guns:

rage2
08-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Remember when Gore won the popular vote and became president? Yea me neither haha. Lots of time to go, if it was that easy to predict, we'd all be rich betting on the elections.

msommers
08-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by dandia89
Does anyone even think trump will get elected? Sure Hilary is terrible but i don't think there's any chance the democrats lose

I don't think so. Reading something yesterday, a polling analysis said that Trump's supporters are dominantly white and less educated - the problem being there aren't enough of them.

Antonito
08-11-2016, 11:24 AM
No one is questioning Hillary? Did the right wing media get nuked and I missed it?

Antonito
08-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Edit-
To be "on topic", if Bush helped destabilize the middle-east, then Obama most certainly helped ISIS form. Obama's shitty half-assed non-interventionist "but still do backroom deals" crap is way worse than Trump's "pull out of everything" or Bush's "get into everything".

Half-assing is the worst kind of assing :guns: From an American point of view, obama and trumps plans would work out essentially the same. If America hadn't given weapons to the people who eventually became ISIS, Saudi Arabia would have, and both plans leave Syria and Iraq wide open for this shit to grow. Bushs' plan was the worst by far, if only for body count. 4000 soldiers dead, tens if not hundreds of thousands disabled. Isis wishes it could do that kind of damage

sexualbanana
08-11-2016, 11:45 AM

He's a victim of his own persona.

Originally posted by riander5
Go banana!

You rang?

Xtrema
08-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Antonito
No one is questioning Hillary? Did the right wing media get nuked and I missed it?

The problem is Trump is making it easy for Hillary in the sense that he keep grabbing the headlines in the worse possible way to the point that Hillary's past conduct became not headline worthy.

Trump is the best thing ever happen to DNC.

rx7_turbo2
08-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
He's a victim of his own persona.

I'd love to know what happened though. At CNN it's like they had a meeting and said "Fuck our journalistic integrity, Trump is dangerous lets do our part to ensure he looses"

BigMass
08-11-2016, 09:02 PM
LhqUk28OwHs

BigMass
08-11-2016, 09:08 PM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/16B3F/production/_84419929_a386c301-18f4-46fa-8aef-4e298657fa02.jpg

suntan
08-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Obama also founded the KKK.

Power_Of_Rotary
08-11-2016, 09:57 PM
I dont get why Canadians are hating on Trump? With the Canadian economy down the shitter it may be beneficial if Trump is elected. For one O&G may have a slight come back. Two hope the USA economy crashes which is beneficial to most countries in the world.

tirebob
08-12-2016, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary
I dont get why Canadians are hating on Trump? With the Canadian economy down the shitter it may be beneficial if Trump is elected. For one O&G may have a slight come back. Two hope the USA economy crashes which is beneficial to most countries in the world. I would think it is because not everybody places money as the absolute most important thing in their lives when compared to other things they deem important like human rights etc and a fear of what will happen if someone like the Donald are handed the keys that open the door to the most important job in the world.

ZenOps
08-12-2016, 07:34 AM
WvCQ80Brkw0

You don't seriously think that Trump will do anything for Canada, or even the latino population of the US?

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/01/24/donald-trump-demands-big-chunk-of-keystone-xl-profits-for-the-us.html

When Trump says he demands Keystone favour the US in raw dollars, he does not mean for the greater US populace - I'm pretty sure its to fund his own personal goals like wall building and nuke launching. Very Kim Jong, very impressive PsyOps type mental confusion ability.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Drowzee_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Canmorite
08-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/16B3F/production/_84419929_a386c301-18f4-46fa-8aef-4e298657fa02.jpg

Or, you know, you could ask scientists instead of making shit up. It was created by the Chinese? No wonder his main block of support is uneducated people :rofl:

rx7_turbo2
08-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

Everything else is made in China, why not climate change :dunno:

max_boost
08-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I have since accepted a Trump presidency, just to see the world burn. Don't need Trump for that. The world is already burning so just enjoy the show!

This is why you can't be World Police. People often tell us to let go, you can't control everything, well someone tell that to the Americans. :rofl:

Seth1968
08-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Don't need Trump for that. The world is already burning so just enjoy the show!

I think the same, but so has every thinking's individual through the eons.

Good luck in avoiding this land slide. I kind of wish the best, but ya, we're all fucked in this reality.

403Gemini
08-12-2016, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Or, you know, you could ask scientists instead of making shit up. It was created by the Chinese? No wonder his main block of support is uneducated people :rofl:

I'm not discounting the human footprint on climate change - but it's not as drastic as the western world would make it seem. A lot of scientsts have discounted it and have squashed a lot of theories on how "bad' our carbon footprint is. But carbon lets governments tax their people - curious how Trudeau is axing/laying off more scientists than Harper did. Conveniently, it's mostly climate scientists who can disprove his carbon rhetoric

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/08/08/climate-scientists-evaporating-under-trudeau-not-harper

BC1l4geSTP8

Like I said, I'm not discounting our impact on the environment - but I look back at the 80's and 90's and how careless we were as a species, and somehow NOW they're saying we're worse than we were a few decades back?

It's basically a "feel good" tax governments can shove on civilians so even while we're paying it, we can pat ourselves on the back saying "hey, we're saving planet earth though, right?" :rolleyes:

I even remember about 15-20 years ago when they were talking about the hole in the ozone layer and how it is irreparable... fast forward to us changing how we live (more recycling, better technology like better light bulbs, etc) , and now the ozone layer is well on it's way to recovery

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/613084/Ozone-recovery-shock-Nasa-says-hole-in-Ozone-Layer-should-be-half-closed-by-2020

I mean, you can actively monitor our air quality in Alberta - http://maps.srd.alberta.ca/AQHI/ - even with our dreaded "tar sands" , Fort Mac constantly floats around air quality 1-2 (the cleanest you can get)

Darell_n
08-12-2016, 11:53 PM
The world population has went from 5 to 7 billion in only 20 years and the number of internal combustion engines has probably increased many times that. This planet is f*cked as long as we remain.

rx7_turbo2
08-13-2016, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Darell_n
The world population has went from 5 to 7 billion in only 20 years and the number of internal combustion engines has probably increased many times that. This planet is f*cked as long as we remain.

So much time is spent arguing over is/isn't climate change real? is/isn't it caused by humans? what should be done about it?

The real conversation should be who gives a fuck. The efforts to slow or stop it will fail, I think that seems pretty clear? Humans will pollute, devastate and destroy this planet till it becomes uninhabitable for us, either that or an external cosmic force will end it. In the meantime I'll do the best I can to enjoy my life and hope I'm long gone before anything bad happens. Does that mean the issue is getting passed on to the next generation? Yup, but it was anyways so...

Canmorite
08-13-2016, 01:51 PM

So much time is spent arguing over is/isn't climate change real? is/isn't it caused by humans? what should be done about it?

The real conversation should be who gives a fuck. The efforts to slow or stop it will fail, I think that seems pretty clear? Humans will pollute, devastate and destroy this planet till it becomes uninhabitable for us, either that or an external cosmic force will end it. In the meantime I'll do the best I can to enjoy my life and hope I'm long gone before anything bad happens. Does that mean the issue is getting passed on to the next generation? Yup, but it was anyways so...

The efforts to slow or stop it will fail? Humans will devastate and destroy the planet? Stellar attitude and with such certainty. Who gives a fuck, it's just the only planet we have. Why bother trying to solve the issue, right?

Darell_n
08-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Why bother trying to solve the issue, right?

The issue is over population. Go ahead and solve it.

rx7_turbo2
08-13-2016, 02:52 PM
The efforts to slow or stop it will fail? Humans will devastate and destroy the planet? Stellar attitude and with such certainty. Who gives a fuck, it's just the only planet we have. Why bother trying to solve the issue, right?

Yup. Its always been the only planet we have, that's not new information to the human race, yet it hasn't stopped us from polluting the shit out of it exponentially since we figured out how to burn stuff in a cave. There are any number of "issues" humans haven't and are unlikely to solve, top of that list is Climate Change. The solution to Climate Change will not be found through taxation or technology because neither address the real issue. There's too many humans on this planet and that problem is only getting worse.

You can call it an "attitude", that's cool. I think it's more of an opinion. It's my opinion that doing something will be equally as affective as doing nothing. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

HiTempguy1
08-13-2016, 03:07 PM
"The planet is screwed!"

Looks outside window. Shakes head at over-population nutjobs :nut:

The planet isn't overpopulated. We've already had that argument. 14bil people are easily handled, the majority of studies supports that, as does the anecdotal evidence of looking out the frigging window. It may require some lifestyle changes over the next century.

rx7_turbo2
08-13-2016, 03:32 PM
"The planet is screwed!"

The planet isn't overpopulated. We've already had that argument. 14bil people are easily handled, the majority of studies supports that, as does the anecdotal evidence of looking out the frigging window. It may require some lifestyle changes over the next century.

Excellent. One less thing to worry about.

suntan
08-15-2016, 09:59 AM

The efforts to slow or stop it will fail? Humans will devastate and destroy the planet? Stellar attitude and with such certainty. Who gives a fuck, it's just the only planet we have. Why bother trying to solve the issue, right? Devastate the planet? LOL.

No sonny, the worst thing that will happen is humanity will die. Life will go on.

The point of all life is the replication of DNA. That's it.

M.alex
08-15-2016, 10:26 AM
"The planet is screwed!"

Right, because I want to live in a place like China where everybody is stacked one-ontop-the-other like a sardin can :thumbsdow

Sugarphreak
08-15-2016, 10:33 AM

suntan
08-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Encourage women to swallow cum.

HiTempguy1
08-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

Right, because I want to live in a place like China where everybody is stacked one-ontop-the-other like a sardin can :thumbsdow

I never said you/we had to like it :dunno: Just that the human race would live on.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Worrying about climate change when the real issue is overpopulation is just a political distraction

There is zero evidence to support your assertion. :dunno:

Sugarphreak
08-15-2016, 12:09 PM

HiTempguy1
08-15-2016, 12:24 PM
So you aren't actually arguing that the world is "overpopulated", you are arguing that the lifestyle western countries currently enjoy will not be possible.

There is a big difference in those arguments. And I don't disagree that the world is possibly on a path that will see our current enjoyment of personal freedom. Then again, I am also of the opinion that the western world has reached peak "freedom" and until we can go elsewhere from Earth, society will decline when taken in the view of the rights of individuals and the freedoms they possess to do what they want with their lives.

Sugarphreak
08-15-2016, 03:23 PM

HiTempguy1
08-15-2016, 04:21 PM
... my mistake! :D

Well duh ;)

Sugarphreak
08-15-2016, 04:25 PM

Power_Of_Rotary
08-15-2016, 09:17 PM
^^ Ohhh I see what you are getting at, you just think living in a shit hole where every square inch of earth has been overrun is not considered being overpopulated, so long as we don't all die from starvation all at once... my mistake! :D

I woulnt say the world is overpopulated. Select cities are densely populated. I do not believe Canada/USA is close to being overpopulated, just specific regions or cities that are concentrated.

Seth1968
08-16-2016, 06:37 AM
^^ Ohhh I see what you are getting at, you just think living in a shit hole where every square inch of earth has been overrun is not considered being overpopulated, so long as we don't all die from starvation all at once... my mistake! :D

That's exactly what it will come down to, and there's little we can do about it.

When it comes to having many kids, people just don't seem to think about the consequences. Well, the educated ones seem to, as their birthrate has been significantly declining. But over all, it's the uneducated and impoverished that continue to breed at an alarming rate (even when their current 8 kids are either starving most of the time, or some have died from starvation).

Then there's all the finite resources and increased pollution to take into account. But, like you said Sugarphreak, just cut down the remaining tracks of forest to make farm and grazing land. No problem to see here ;)

max_boost
08-16-2016, 06:38 AM
Start banning them. Can't have kids! Lol