PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how these restaurant grade garbage works?

TomcoPDR
08-13-2016, 12:07 AM
Just curious. Anyone know the mechanics how these bins work? I see the staff put garbage in, but it doesn't have room for those huge front load fork lift style trucks to pickup.

There's also this 3' motor operated canister. Is it like a commercial grade trash compactor? Compost?

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/0172bd092b3e39dc9a8e4cd71cd546ed5a3046d8b5_zpsqangrmeo.jpg~original

BigDL
08-13-2016, 12:09 AM
It goes into the ground quite a bit, weight of the trash + gravity when you toss it in compacts it. They pick it up in a truck with a crane on it, and then put the bag back into the bin.

Darell_n
08-13-2016, 12:11 AM
They contain large sacks that are picked with a picker truck, not a traditional compacting garbage truck. Same system as the companies that deliver soil and other materials to your house.

TomcoPDR
08-13-2016, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by BigDL
It goes into the ground quite a bit, weight of the trash + gravity when you toss it in compacts it. They pick it up in a truck with a crane on it, and then put the bag back into the bin.

Originally posted by Darell_n
They contain large sacks that are picked with a picker truck, not a traditional compacting garbage truck. Same system as the companies that deliver soil and other materials to your house.

Thanks.

What's the smaller, middle motor like thingy for?

Darell_n
08-13-2016, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Thanks.

What's the smaller, middle motor like thingy for?

I'm not sure. Probably for the grease bin.

Maxx Mazda
08-13-2016, 04:34 PM
Molok has been around for awhile. Becoming popular in the newer condo developments.

http://www.molokna.com

ExtraSlow
08-13-2016, 04:39 PM
That's pretty neat. Much less visually obtrusive than a big dumpster. Is there only one company in Calgary servicing this system? Could mean slightly higher collection costs I would imagine, but hopefully not drastically so.

TYMSMNY
08-13-2016, 05:00 PM
Tomco!

Solar/power compactors. Already told you this in group chat...

Small ones, big ones, depends on the type of waste.

btimbit
08-13-2016, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
That's pretty neat. Much less visually obtrusive than a big dumpster. Is there only one company in Calgary servicing this system? Could mean slightly higher collection costs I would imagine, but hopefully not drastically so.

I had one a few years ago and it was hard finding a company that could pick up garbage regularly. Switched back to normal dumpsters