PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Vandal Or Was My Car Tagged? Am I Just Paranoid?

Pauly Boy
08-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Still trying to wrap my head around this...

I was up in Calgary for the weekend for a corporate golf tourney on Sat. Stayed overnight to hit a movie with friends & shopping Sun.
During that time I was at Landmark Cinema in Country Hills (Sat) & Cross Iron Mall (Sun). I’m pretty anal about my car, don’t wear anything like a ring that could scratch and there’s no way this was there before the weekend.

Anyways, someone scratched what appears to be a “SOS” or 505” into the chrome window trim. There was nothing else done to the vehicle from what I can tell.

Is this some sort of passive-aggressive vandalism? Why would they take the time to do it & then make it inconspicuously if so? It just doesn’t add up. All I can think of is maybe it got tagged for a theft or B&E (I did have my overnight bag & swag bag from golf back there)… Has anyone heard of that happening before or have I just been watching too much CSI & True Detective? lol

http://i.imgur.com/T1E2aYbh.jpg

littledan
08-22-2016, 02:23 PM
someone probably leaned against your car wearing jeans with a rivet on the butt pocket.

since you were at a theater, it was probably someone making out with a chick, hence the squiggly pattern from the hip thrust motions... :dunno: :poosie:

JustinMCS
08-22-2016, 02:25 PM
makes you wonder how shit like this happens though eh

Mitsu3000gt
08-22-2016, 02:36 PM
That would be the strangest and worst "tagging" job I've ever seen, and in a weird place to boot. My guess is someone did it accidentally (brushed up on your car or something), and it just happens to look like a very crooked 505/SOS. Likely a button or zipper.

With the amount of soccer moms and kids I see rubbing their shopping bags and everything else up against other people's cars, I'm surprised it isn't more common. So many people just don't GAF at all. They lean on cars, brush against them with coat/jeans zippers, drag their shopping bags along them, let their shopping carts hit them, rest their doors against them, etc.

BokCh0y
08-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Pretty sure not a vandal or a tag. Like littledan said, prolly someone leaned something against your car or something it got scratched.

I'd only be worried if that started to happen everywhere...

bjstare
08-22-2016, 02:39 PM
Definitely paranoid.

Things like this happen when cars are in busy parking lots. Want your car to stay minty? Keep it in the garage.

Not saying I think it's ok, or OP shouldn't be pissed, but it's what happens when you bring your car out in public. People are inconsiderate, and shit like this happens by accident every second of the day. :dunno:

flipstah
08-22-2016, 02:46 PM
ILLUMINATI

Kijho
08-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
ILLUMINATI

:rofl:

Pauly Boy
08-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Fair enough, I just thought it was odd that it looks like someone took the time to scratch out letters/numbers.

Originally posted by littledan
since you were at a theater, it was probably someone making out with a chick, hence the squiggly pattern from the hip thrust motions... :dunno: :poosie: [/B]

Haha, given that I was backed in alongside a curb, that would put it at the right height. Man, even my car sees more ass than me. :cry:

gpomp
08-22-2016, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
ILLUMINATI :rofl:

Pauly Boy
08-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Guy at work's theory is that it was the dreaded 505 Asian Mafia – Not because they’re from New Mexico, but because they’re only 5’05” tall :rofl:

JohnnyHockey
08-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Hahaha hahaha. ...lot of Asians in Country Hills so you never know right ....:werd: a few murders in that area too lately. .you'd best stay in Lethbridge, they're "tagging" your car, means youre a target now. Run!

Swank
08-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Yeah, it's just a random scuff, any shape you see is like seeing shapes in the clouds. I bet it will buff out nicely (but that's just more work for you, I know). Drives me nuts when a toddler drags their finger(s) along the side of a car to make lines cuz they aren't aware that micro-marring of the clear coat can happen, that shit needs to be taught in preschool dammit :guns: :D

mr2mike
08-22-2016, 04:50 PM
505 error?
Tagger guy was in IT and went crazy.

JRSC00LUDE
08-22-2016, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Pauly Boy
Guy at work's theory is that it was the dreaded 505 Asian Mafia – Not because they’re from New Mexico, but because they’re only 5’05” tall :rofl:

It's no wonder the guys turn gangsta, imagine spending your whole life being turned away by "you must be at least this tall to ride" signs.