PDA

View Full Version : Wierd ticket im pissed

redline_13000
03-19-2004, 12:35 AM
I got a ticket in september or so for going 25 over i think it was. The cop wrote my ticket with my middle name as my first. My middle name is my dads. Thing is my license number is on the ticket. I didnt do anything about it thinking they would through it out once they didnt see there was a youth with that name that DIDNT match the license number. I went down today they told me to seek legal advice and that i was already convicted in absense. Now gotta pay 20 dollars over the fine. What can I do about this? A lot of people have said if its the wrong name they throw it out? Any advice is appreciated thanks!

YCB
03-19-2004, 01:23 AM
do they write the license plate number on speeding tickets usually??
what if they dont?

hjr
03-19-2004, 01:28 PM
did you not fight it in time? i dont think there is much you can do if you dont fight it and come in later.

redline_13000
03-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Its my fault for not showing up but i didnt think it would even go through to my name since it wasnt on there.:dunno:

Toms-Celica
03-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Geese, another ticket :rolleyes:
You assumed wrong, consult a lawyer, or weapon_r :)

davidI
03-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Once you don't show you're guilty....I don't think there is much you can do anymore.

2.0turbo
03-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Depending on how long overdue it is you may still be able to fight it. I had a ticket that was over 2 months over due on my conviction date and I talked to the people behind the class and they let me talk to a judge and that was that. I got out of the ticket. Took about a half a day though and I got a parking ticket. Explain the situation and don't be an ass and you'll mostlikely get out of it.

civic_ek4
03-20-2004, 02:58 PM
the copy of the ticket given to you is only information about the charge(s) and your information. The other 3 copies will have weather, vehicle description, traffic condition, the office's short statement. So if they do screw up, you have to confront them in court, you can not assume they are going to throw it out. Even if they did mispelled, the charges could still stand. Unless you could prove that he is not qualified to do his job. Something like, you have my id in front fo you and you can't even copy it. We've all learned how to write since 4yrs old. You've learned to use the laser gun since when?? Just question his ability and his professional judgement. shit like that