PDA

View Full Version : Got a parking ticket, downtown parking changed again

finboy
09-01-2016, 07:19 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calgary/paid-parking-7am-downtown-calgary-august-change-1.3700888

Got the ticket, I know I was in the wrong, already paid. This is month old news but I couldn't find it here so I thought I would post up as a warning for anyone who dropped downtown to do errands in the morning.

"We didn't increase the rates this year for our customers in times of economic hardship...on an unrelated not we expanded the timeframe we can collect money from out customers"

With vacancy rates over 20% I guess they have to make their budget somehow

ickyflex
09-01-2016, 08:29 AM
They had tons of signs if you were downtown often but if not then you'd probably have never known. Only reason I ever found out was walking around outside and seeing the billboards

g-m
09-01-2016, 09:28 AM
There were online announcements, signs, and advertisements in places like Metro, the herald, and bus stops. I think there was a thread here too...

Feruk
09-01-2016, 10:41 AM
From article:

"While introducing charging in any time period or area is not popular, the intent of the policy is to make parking space available for those who are seeking to park in these areas at these times and visit local businesses," reads the report that went to city council.

All those business visits from 7am to 9am...

Power_Of_Rotary
09-01-2016, 08:36 PM
This is an embarrasment.

reijo
09-02-2016, 02:30 PM
I make a special point of not going anywhere DT ... boycott ... thanks to the Calgary Parking Authority.

dandia89
09-02-2016, 02:46 PM
if you missed out on these notices it's easy to forget some start at 7. Could have made the signs different font or colour at least for the first few months so people don't blindly assume its the same

phreezee
09-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Didn't know this, thanks! I only drive in once or twice a month.