PDA

View Full Version : $48 Koodo Manitoba Plan?

BensonTT
09-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Any of you guys have the Koodo $48 plan from Manitoba here in Calgary?

G-ZUS
09-01-2016, 11:30 AM
It's pretty hard to get these days

spike98
09-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
It's pretty hard to get these days

The thread over at howardforums seems to disagree. Its pretty much the only active canadian carrier forum topic these days.

G-ZUS
09-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by spike98

The thread over at howardforums seems to disagree. Its pretty much the only active canadian carrier forum topic these days.

Alot of places seem to have caught on and will not do it for you, maybe we went to the wrong places :dunno:

TurboMedic
09-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Yes, saskatchewan though, not that it makes a difference. Have 2 phones on it. Both times best buy was the place to go

ricosuave
09-01-2016, 12:03 PM
more info here:
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=139752

sl888
09-01-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm in the middle of getting the plan. My new billing cycle starts tomorrow so just waiting to switch to the MB plan. If you don't get a MB number at the kiosk just change it online with self serve.
There's a $25 referral bonus at the moment. PM me to get $25! :D

BensonTT
09-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Some guy offered to do it for me for $50 and he said its guaranteed to work, he will even port my current number over..

spike98
09-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT
Some guy offered to do it for me for $50 and he said its guaranteed to work, he will even port my current number over..

lol, of course it will. It works for everyone.

BensonTT
09-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by spike98

lol, of course it will. It works for everyone.

lol I should have done some reading over at Howardforum, will update you guys in a week and see if it works ..

?????
09-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by sl888
I'm in the middle of getting the plan. My new billing cycle starts tomorrow so just waiting to switch to the MB plan. If you don't get a MB number at the kiosk just change it online with self serve.
There's a $25 referral bonus at the moment. PM me to get $25! :D

Should have just got the plan right away so you don't need to wait for the billing cycle.

This easily works. We have 4 lines on it and one is recent.

Penis McNickels
09-01-2016, 08:33 PM
I got it back in February. Follow the Howard forums instructions and you should be fine.

I wasn't able to get a Manitoba number right, so I got an Alberta plan, switched to Manitoba the first day and then ported my old number a few days later after the billing cycle was done (about 7-9 days)

I also helped a friend get it back in April/May.

harv91
09-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Can someone post the details of this plan?

nm googled it thanks

revelations
09-01-2016, 09:01 PM
48$?

Wind is 40$ a month for unlimited data.

Hero_X
09-01-2016, 09:50 PM
True, but Wind is the crappiest network coverage you can get.

No LTE and they claim all of calgary is covered but as you go from block to block, your signal drops.

This is a better deal, considering 5 gb of data and on the big 3 network.

Just want to point out that the 48$ manitoba plan is equivalent to a 110$ plan with bell/telus/rogers

(unlimited call canada wide + 5 gb data, voicemal blah blah blah)

gpomp
09-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Hero_X
Just want to point out that the 48$ manitoba plan is equivalent to a 110$ plan with bell/telus/rogers

(unlimited call canada wide + 5 gb data, voicemal blah blah blah) Or exactly the same as the $90 Koodo Alberta plan.

Hero_X
09-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Or exactly the same as the $90 Koodo Alberta plan.

Yup. Crazy, they can afford to give it for 48$ to MB residents but here we get drained.

oh well

revelations
09-01-2016, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Hero_X
True, but Wind is the crappiest network coverage you can get.

No LTE and they claim all of calgary is covered but as you go from block to block, your signal drops.

This is a better deal, considering 5 gb of data and on the big 3 network.

(unlimited call canada wide + 5 gb data, voicemal blah blah blah)

I've used WIND for my business needs consistently for the past 2 years and have had no issues. I stream YouTube music in the car as I drive all over the city.

I dont need LTE and I dont need out of town coverage. :dunno:

BensonTT
09-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by revelations

I've used WIND for my business needs consistently for the past 2 years and have had no issues. I stream YouTube music in the car as I drive all over the city.

I dont need LTE and I dont need out of town coverage. :dunno:

You must be a Wind employee lmao

sl888
09-01-2016, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by ?????

Should have just got the plan right away so you don't need to wait for the billing cycle.

This easily works. We have 4 lines on it and one is recent.
I couldn't get a MB number on 3 tries so I had to go with an AB plan to start.

I just switched to the MB plan on the new billing cycle. Gonna wait 24 hours to port my Rogers number.

:guns: ROGERS!!!

revelations
09-02-2016, 12:53 AM

You must be a Wind employee lmao

No, I just go with services that make sense for my needs.

13 years with Rogers, they cut my retentions plan and raised my monthly bill to 120$ -> 40$ month from Wind. :dunno:

J.M.
09-02-2016, 06:26 AM
Tempted to give up my Rogers 6gb plan for this since they raised the price..

I'd love to switch to Wind if their coverage was better lol

Sdeibert
09-02-2016, 07:35 AM
I wouldn't wait too long, with Bell's takeover of MTS they will raise prices to match other provinces and then Koodo will drop the $48 plan.

I've been on the Sask one now for almost 3 years and never had 1 issue. I also auto pay with a CC and never accept any of their "offers" they text out

BensonTT
09-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Anyone here work at Koodo that can hook me up with a Manitoba # in store? :)

JDMMAN
09-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Just curious, it looks like both SK and MB are the same price with the same features for the $48 plan right?

How do you get the additional 10% for BYOD?

eglove
09-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by JDMMAN
Just curious, it looks like both SK and MB are the same price with the same features for the $48 plan right?

I don't think BYOD is valid for that plan

codetrap
09-02-2016, 03:56 PM

CRXguy
09-03-2016, 09:44 AM
I did mine at the Koodo kiosk in Southcentre. Guy knew exactly what to do. My wife did it at Wal-Mart.

If you can't find a place to do it on the spot, Just get the cheapest AB plan and change it over on Koodo self serve.

BensonTT
09-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Do you guys know if the $48 plan includes US and International text?

codetrap
09-04-2016, 05:26 PM

BensonTT
09-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
I have the plan. Go to koodo, change the region, and read up on it.

it just says Unlimited messaging (text & picture). Am assuming its Canada only?

?????
09-05-2016, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by JDMMAN

They don't have the 10% BYOD anymore. The plan used to be $55/month with a 10% discount bringing it down to $49.50. Now the plan is just $48.00 regardless.

Originally posted by CRXguy
I did mine at the Koodo kiosk in Southcentre. Guy knew exactly what to do. My wife did it at Wal-Mart.

If you can't find a place to do it on the spot, Just get the cheapest AB plan and change it over on Koodo self serve.

If you could just get the cheapest AB plan and change it online self serve then no one would have a problem getting the plan.
The hassle is getting a SK/MB number so you can get the SK/MB plan. To sign up for a number you have to do it at a kiosk.

Do you guys know if the $48 plan includes US and International text?

Its International text.

"Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply depending on picture size when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphone with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on."

brucebanner
09-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Just tried at a koodo kiosk in Red Deer and they weren't having it. Have to try at another location.

BensonTT
09-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by bruceod
Just tried at a koodo kiosk in Red Deer and they weren't having it. Have to try at another location.

What you try to do? Get a Manitoba #?

brucebanner
09-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Messed up how I went about it. Asked if they knew about the Manitoba plan(since others had luck being straight up) and the person working said they can get in trouble blah blah blah.

Just about to go try at another location, just going to tell them I'm moving this time.

sputnik
09-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Messed up how I went about it. Asked if they knew about the Manitoba plan(since others had luck being straight up) and the person working said they can get in trouble blah blah blah.

Just about to go try at another location, just going to tell them I'm moving this time.

Say you are going to university in Manitoba and bring an address to one of the residence buildings with you.

brucebanner
09-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Say you are going to university in Manitoba and bring an address to one of the residence buildings with you.

Went to a Walmart wireless and they stated they would need a Manitoba I.D as well as an address. Maybe they're catching onto people.:dunno:

I think I only have one other place to try in town and that will be the other walmart

Sdeibert
09-06-2016, 11:07 PM

Went to a Walmart wireless and they stated they would need a Manitoba I.D as well as an address. Maybe they're catching onto people.:dunno:

I think I only have one other place to try in town and that will be the other walmart

Here's all the info you need, whether you got a MB # or not.

Any questions feel free to ask!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1868676-How-to-get-the-48-Manitoba-plan-anywhere-in-Canada?p=16021552&mode=threaded#post16021552

brucebanner
09-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Sdeibert

Here's all the info you need, whether you got a MB # or not.

Any questions feel free to ask!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1868676-How-to-get-the-48-Manitoba-plan-anywhere-in-Canada?p=16021552&mode=threaded#post16021552

I read through that how to before I went to any koodo kiosk.

Sdeibert
09-07-2016, 08:28 AM
K, so if they won't do the MB #, grab a SIM and AB plan/#. $10 for SIM & their cheapest AB plan with new number.
When at home, log into self serve and change # to MB #. Make sure to select MB in top right on Koodo page.

Wait till billing cycle goes past (he said 4-9 days roughly) and then change plan to $48 one.
Then wait 24 hours and port your old # in.

This way sucks a bit cause you have two plans running concurrent but savings in the end is well worth it!!

BensonTT
09-07-2016, 09:06 AM
What are the chances Koodo will force us to change plans in the future? I am just waiting to port my number over but I am having second thoughts...

Right now I have a 6gb plan with Fido and only paying $55 a month.. Dont know if I should risk losing this plan if something goes wrong in the future with Koodo...

brucebanner
09-07-2016, 10:53 AM
What are the chances Koodo will force us to change plans in the future? I am just waiting to port my number over but I am having second thoughts...

Right now I have a 6gb plan with Fido and only paying $55 a month.. Dont know if I should risk losing this plan if something goes wrong in the future with Koodo...

I'd gladly take over your fido plan

chongkee_
09-07-2016, 11:53 AM

How did you get that Fido plan?

J.M.
09-07-2016, 12:02 PM
It's probably an old Fido plan that they don't offer anymore. That's a good price for it, I would have just stayed to avoid the hassle of switching over.

sl888
09-07-2016, 12:10 PM

If you could just get the cheapest AB plan and change it online self serve then no one would have a problem getting the plan.
The hassle is getting a SK/MB number so you can get the SK/MB plan. To sign up for a number you have to do it at a kiosk.

Originally posted by Sdeibert
K, so if they won't do the MB #, grab a SIM and AB plan/#. $10 for SIM & their cheapest AB plan with new number.
When at home, log into self serve and change # to MB #. Make sure to select MB in top right on Koodo page.

Wait till billing cycle goes past (he said 4-9 days roughly) and then change plan to $48 one.
Then wait 24 hours and port your old # in.

This way sucks a bit cause you have two plans running concurrent but savings in the end is well worth it!!
My first bill came to $60 but oh wells. Ported my number last week and everything is going well. No one should be having issues getting this plan.

?????
09-07-2016, 12:52 PM

Is it the exact same plan but with 6gb? Or are some of the features a bit different?
Why would you even be switching over to save $7 and less 1 gb?

We've had our plans nearing 2 years now no problems or "audits".

Originally posted by sl888

My first bill came to $60 but oh wells. Ported my number last week and everything is going well. No one should be having issues getting this plan.

I guess the hassle is waiting for the next billing cycle to get everything ported in and changed.

We have 4 lines on this plan. 3 on the $55 - BYOD 10% and 1 on the $48. No problems getting a SK number at a kiosk with an AB address and just porting over online.

BensonTT
09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Its an old Fido plan (4yrs old).. I tried to renew my contract with Fido with this plan I have right now and they said no.. Told me I have to switch to a $90 plan.. LoL...

BensonTT
09-07-2016, 01:13 PM

Is it the exact same plan but with 6gb? Or are some of the features a bit different?
Why would you even be switching over to save $7 and less 1 gb?

We've had our plans nearing 2 years now no problems or "audits".

I guess the hassle is waiting for the next billing cycle to get everything ported in and changed.

We have 4 lines on this plan. 3 on the $55 - BYOD 10% and 1 on the $48. No problems getting a SK number at a kiosk with an AB address and just porting over online.

My plan with fido

FEATURES EXTRA PERKS
Unlimited Evenings and weekends (Weeknights, from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. and weekends from Friday 5 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m.) Included Canada-wide long-distance 250 Anytime Minutes
250 weekday minutes (7am to 6pm) - Unlimited Eve/Wknd minutes

Unlimited Canada wide long distance, Unlimited Circle Calling

Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to wireless numbers

Call Display - Voicemail - Call Waiting - Conference Call

6GB Data

$55 a month

?????
09-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Its an old Fido plan (4yrs old).. I tried to renew my contract with Fido with this plan I have right now and they said no.. Told me I have to switch to a $90 plan.. LoL...

If you can't renew with this plan whats the risk of losing it?
Are they forcing you to change it or are you wanting to sign a contract to get a phone promo?

BensonTT
09-07-2016, 01:51 PM

If you can't renew with this plan whats the risk of losing it?
Are they forcing you to change it or are you wanting to sign a contract to get a phone promo?

No I wont lose this plan.. Am just a monthly subscriber now.. I wanted to sign a contract to get a phone but they wont let me keep this plan.

J.M.
09-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Did Fido do a price increase on their older plans like Rogers did last month? I think it was a $5 increase or something. $55 for 6gb is still a killer deal, keep it man or have a beyonder take it over :clap:

rage2
09-08-2016, 08:46 PM
So Fido has a promo plan for tablets right now, $15 for 3GB of data and $10 per GB overage. Use 6GB it's still only $45 lol. Dirt cheap. Figured with people barely making calls these days, it would be perfect as a phone plan, relying on iMessages for texting and FaceTime Audio for phone calls. Popped the SIM into the phone and worked like a charm.

Weird thing is that I can still make and receive phone calls and text messages, but no clue what the charges are like. The portal just shows N/A for usage. The girl selling the plan says you can still text for free.

Anyways it's a month to month plan, no contract, so pretty low risk to give it a try. You won't have caller ID or voicemail for traditional calls, but who makes normal phone calls these days anyways?

Googled up and see others doing the same thing with no issue although Bell does charge for voice and texts.

http://misener.org/ditched-voice-plan-went-data/

Here's the Fido promo plan:

http://www.fido.ca/consumer/tablets

Edit - if you care about your phone number you probably can't port your number into our out of the plan.

suntan
11-24-2016, 11:52 AM
There is now a legit AB/BC plan that Koodo retentions is offering.

5GB/unlimited talk/msg Canada-wide yadda yadda.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-koodo-5gb-unlimited-canada-wide-retention-loyalty-plan-ab-bc-ymmv-2058092/

eglove
11-24-2016, 01:09 PM
That's fantastic. I hope there is a mass exodus to the second tier brands so that the first tier (telus, rogers,bell) change their ancient pricing structure

suntan
11-24-2016, 04:30 PM
Got both my lines moved to the new plan. Took a while.

CRXguy
11-24-2016, 05:55 PM
Apparently it'll show up self serve tomorrow.

Hero_X
11-26-2016, 12:34 AM
^

so the MB plan will appear in self serve, without having to go through the retentions bull shit?

JDMMAN
06-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Has anyone tried this recently? Is there some referral credit or something?

BensonTT
06-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Update- I have been using this $48 plan for about half a year now and it's been working great 😁

stillworking
06-05-2017, 08:41 PM
I've been on the Koodo $55/8GB (-$10 BYOD Credit) Quebec plan since January. Knock on wood.

JDMMAN
06-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the update guys. Are there any "referral bonuses" being offered by Koodo?

My_name_is_Rob
06-05-2017, 10:23 PM
They have a refer a friend and both get $50 promo going on currently.

JDMMAN
06-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Anyone want to refer me? lol

My_name_is_Rob
06-06-2017, 11:16 PM
I guess the $50 ended yesterday, and I didn't notice. I sent you a PM with a $25 if you're still interested.

sl888
06-07-2017, 12:17 PM
The MB/SK loophole is closed. QC is still a go.

JDMMAN
06-07-2017, 08:53 PM
sl888 - thanks for the update. Same sequence/process except w/ Quebec plans?

JDMMAN
06-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know if signing up online works to use the Qc/MB/SK plans? (i.e. can I buy the sim online w/ free shipping to an AB address?) Or do I physically have to go to a Koodo dealer/kiosk to buy the sim and change it myself?

Furthermore, did those who have the SK/MB/Qc plans have to pay PST, or just GST?

macman64
06-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Freedom replaced all the tower gear about a year ago and it is a much stronger network now. They also launched LTE last month.

Public mobile (Telus) has decent offers $38 a month for 2GB of data and no hoops to get it. At one point they had a deal of $38 for 4GB of data.

sl888
06-11-2017, 11:26 PM
sl888 - thanks for the update. Same sequence/process except w/ Quebec plans?

Does anyone know if signing up online works to use the Qc/MB/SK plans? (i.e. can I buy the sim online w/ free shipping to an AB address?) Or do I physically have to go to a Koodo dealer/kiosk to buy the sim and change it myself?

Furthermore, did those who have the SK/MB/Qc plans have to pay PST, or just GST?
Yes, same process except you're going for a QC number.
I'm paying just GST.

HiTempguy1
06-25-2017, 10:28 PM
So, I don't know if this was necessary, but has anyone used cellphoneman.ca?

I'm hearing good reviews, and even if it is throwing money down the tube, I am hoping to get a Koodo unlimited plan + 6gb of data for $49/month. Apparently Koodo is on the Telus/Bell network, so there should be zero coverage issues. Using cellphoneman lets me keep my current number and a host of other things. Seems like the deals I could get at the booth were similiar, but not exact.

Anyways, it looks like one way to get a similiar plan to the "manitoba plan" is through this route. I'll let people know how it goes.

JDMMAN
06-28-2017, 04:47 PM
HiTempguy1 - I'm planning on attempting the Qc plan this weekend to see if it'll work. Will report back post switch

HiTempguy1
06-29-2017, 10:01 AM
HiTempguy1 - I'm planning on attempting the Qc plan this weekend to see if it'll work. Will report back post switch

You'll be out of luck I think, it expires July 4th and cellphoneman.ca said that unless you signed up last weekend, it won't be possible (might be a scare tactic, who knows!) due to the way their billing cycles work. Just reporting the info I've been given :)

Looks like things are going smooth on their end, I should be fully operational tomorrow. Pretty awesome to be on Telus/Bell network with 6gb and unlimited nationwide for $49. The reason I've kept paying $110/month for a telus plan was because I need the cell reception the Telus/Bell network provides. Cross fingers I get the best of both worlds!

BensonTT
06-29-2017, 11:02 AM
Am on koodo and in my house I only get 1 signal bar while my friend on telus has 3 so I don't know lol (iPhone)

JDMMAN
06-29-2017, 11:13 PM
Signed up today directly with a Qc # everything worked w/o a hitch @ Best Buy up in Beacon Hill. Just need to wait a few days to port my #

SCHIDER23
06-30-2017, 06:57 AM
Did they ask you for a Quebec address, etc? I'm tempted to try this today, and see if i get lucky.

JDMMAN
06-30-2017, 10:24 AM
SCHIDER23 - no Qc address needed.

HiTempguy1
06-30-2017, 04:06 PM
It's all done and I am now on Koodo!

Everything seems perfectly normal. I'll report back after the weekend with some thoughts on reception, I'm driving between Red Deer and Edmonton twice so it'll get a good workout.

ickyflex
07-05-2017, 10:43 AM
So I just ended up getting a Saskatchewan plan on my account, with an Alberta number by going to a corporate owned Telus store at Southgate Center in Edmonton Alberta, and even short cutted the process in doing so. It was very easy, and fool proof. It's a bit different than the instructions on this thread, so here's the rundown of what I did.

1. Purchase a Virgin Mobile Sim Card. I purchased it from the Source, but they are available at Staples and Virgin themselves. The Sim cost me $4.99 + GST.

2. Go online to virginmobile.ca and click the link to activate a sim card on a new prepaid account.

3. Follow the instructions online at virgin, and make sure to select a Saskatchewan number (Area code 306). I entered my actual Alberta Address while doing this. You DO NOT need to add any funds to the pre-paid account. It will also ask you to create a 4-6 digit pin, so make sure to remember this too.

4. After activating the virgin mobile pre-paid account, and setting up a Saskatchewan number, call virgin mobile prepaid account services (1-888-999-2321) and ask them to give you the new prepaid account number. This is not the phone number, but rather a 13 digit account number. Write it down, as you will need this later on at the Telus Store. The virgin mobile customer representative did ask me why I needed my account number, and I was honest and said I was porting it out. He then said that was fine and gave me the account number.

5. Go to your local Telus Store in person. I went to a corporate owned location in Edmonton. Not sure about 3rd party dealers. When you are there, tell them you want to switch your number from Virgin prepaid to Telus. Do not tell them it is a Saskatchewan number just yet. Just play dumb when you are discussing what type of plan you would like, and just choose any plan that is available to Alberta. Do not worry, you wont end up with an Alberta plan when this is all over. The Telus associate will sit down with you and start the new account process. When it gets to the point that you are going to get a new number assigned, make sure you tell them you would like to port in your previously created virgin mobile phone number (which is the Saskatchewan number). DO NOT set up the account with a local number, insist on porting in right from the get go. The Telus guy didn't say anything to me about the 306 number, but if they do, just say you have a business in Saskatchewan or that you go to school there or anything really.

6. When you are in the porting area of setting up your account, give the rep the Saskatchewan phone number's account number (that you previously received by calling virgin mobile), along with the 4-6 digit PIN that you created when setting up the virgin account number.

7. The port in process was pretty much instant.

8. After you have transferred the number into your Telus account, the only plans that were available to select were Saskatchewan plans (ie. the cheap ones that you want). The Telus guy can't even select a non-Saskatchewan plan at this point, and didn't seem to care that was all you could pick from. I ended up taking Unlimited Canada/USA calls and texts, plus 15 GB of data for a total of $85/month.

9. After you are done at the TELUS store, go home and create a telus account to manage your new wireless service. After I set up my telus account access, I then went to the section that listed my devices. Underneath your listed device, it should list an option to check on your number transfer status. Click on this, and it will bring you to the classic my account website, which is what you want. When you are in the classic account website, click on the link that says "change phone number".

10. Proceed to port in your local Alberta/ON/BC number from your main carrier you had previously (not the virgin mobile number you used in the previous steps). Port that number over to telus, and it will change your Saskatchewan number to a local number while keeping you on the Saskatchewan plan you selected at the Telus store.

This process I followed had my Alberta number set up with Telus on the same day without having to wait for the first billing date to come and go, since I didn't have to bother with creating an Alberta number, switching it to a Saskatchewan number after the first bill, and then porting back to an Alberta number again. I just started my Telus relationship with a Saskatchewan number from the very beginning. I hope this was of value to someone. Good Luck.

If anyone is interested, from Howardforum

JDMMAN
07-26-2017, 01:40 PM
Has anyone tried with Koodo w/ Qc plan since July 1? Anyone who's on the QC/MB plans get switched back to an AB plan? I just read the clause around the residency criteria. Wondering if they're switching those AB folks w/ MB/QC plans back over to an AB plan?

Mostwanted
07-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Anyone know what Coverage towers the Cellphoneman uses? $49 per month for unlimited Canada and US and 6 gigs beats my grandfathered Student Rogers with 6gig caller Id and my10 no unlimited talking for $75

JDMMAN
07-26-2017, 04:22 PM
Mostwanted - It's with Koodo (owned by Telus, so uses Telus towers).

HiTempguy1
07-26-2017, 07:16 PM
I'm still going strong on the Cellphoneman/QC Koodo plan and love it. My phone is a million times more useful, never have to worry about overage.

Haven't heard anything about getting switched. Cellphoneman is pretty clear that you should contact them first before trying to make any changes to your phone.

Mostwanted
07-27-2017, 10:26 AM
Mostwanted - It's with Koodo (owned by Telus, so uses Telus towers).

SWEET! ill give them a call, today see the whole process of it, I dont get that great of a coverage where i work but my gf who is with Bell gets coverage anywhere.

pheoxs
07-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Anyone know what Coverage towers the Cellphoneman uses? $49 per month for unlimited Canada and US and 6 gigs beats my grandfathered Student Rogers with 6gig caller Id and my10 no unlimited talking for $75

FAQ on the site says koodo