PDA

View Full Version : European Supercar Tour

skandalouz_08
10-04-2016, 09:10 AM
I've convinced the wife that we need to do a Supercar Tour for our honeymoon next year and just thought I'd poll Beyond and see if anyone has ever done one before?

I'm kind of torn as I found a sweet one in Scotland that would spend 4 days touring the Scottish Highlands and driving 7 different cars but I also would love to drive on the Autobahn just to say that I have. We plan to go to Scotland, England and Germany on the trip. Let me know what you've done and where you'd rather drive a supercar?

flipstah
10-04-2016, 09:12 AM
Just don't drive supercars around France haha.

88TC4G3F4FY

Minimalist
10-04-2016, 09:14 AM
I can hardly wait to hear what your wife wants in return. It is a need v want v what your wife really wants/needs. A honeymoon supercar tour is well down her list... just above a three-way with her mother.

The Scotland one sounds the best IMO, the Autobahn can be done in a well insured Porsche rental.

n1zm0
10-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by skandalouz_08
and where you'd rather drive a supercar?

I'd love to do this if I ever had the chance, even if it was just in a M model Beamer of some sort:

Tq4ydUVgYTY

but driving a supercar in the rest of Romania though, not so much.

I'd say a safe area is either UK like you mentioned or Southern France or the Alps area. My brother rented a Skoda for Southern France/Monaco area and said it was amazing, even in the Octavia Estate version.

cet
10-04-2016, 09:29 AM
Years ago I rented a car and drove along the Route Napoleon from Grenoble to Cannes. I didn't have a supercar but it was such an amazing drive.

skandalouz_08
10-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Minimalist
I can hardly wait to hear what your wife wants in return. It is a need v want v what your wife really wants/needs. A honeymoon supercar tour is well down her list... just above a three-way with her mother.

The Scotland one sounds the best IMO, the Autobahn can be done in a well insured Porsche rental.

Lucky for me she just wants the honeymoon in Europe. The fact that it's not just driving supercars and it includes fancy lunches, castle tours and such is enough to make her consider it. Plus the fact that the longest one we've looked at so far is 4 days isn't terrible on a 3 week vacation.

04_dc5
10-05-2016, 01:24 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Nf8U7R1t--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18vduspgn16ksjpg.jpg

Stelvio Pass? Then drive down to Como and relax by the lake.

Driving the German autobahn isn't much fun, unless you are going to the Nürburgring..
:thumbsup:

Xtrema
10-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Make sure your wife like that stuff. Autobahn is fun for about 10mins, then it gets old. Nurburgring is cool tho.

Supercar could also be punishing when used for touring.

R154
10-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Ferrari driving school in Maranello.

Xtrema
10-06-2016, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by R154
Ferrari driving school in Maranello.

Fee
The course fee is 7,461.00 Euros (VAT excluded). This includes two days at the track, two evening meals, two nights’ accommodation at the Hotel UNA ****S in Modena, meals at the track, transfers between Hotel and track, and personalized Pilota Ferrari Course gifts. Each participant may be accompanied by one or more companions who will be given the opportunity to take part in a special guest program. The fee per companion is 1,467.00 Euros (VAT excluded) and includes the following activities: cooking lesson, city of Modena tour, SPA treatment.

Baller

bjstare
10-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Minimalist

Please, tell us more about OPs wife and what other things are on her to do/not to do list. :rolleyes:

My wife would absolutely be into this if I wanted to do it. :dunno:

R154
10-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Baller

It was worth it.