PDA

View Full Version : Traffic control by CPS

Star1995
10-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Car in left lane, I'm on a bike in the right lane both of us are heading north on 12 st ne stopped at McKnight, CPS member is directing traffic. The CPS member stops all traffic heading east and west, points with one hand at the car in the left land and directs him to turn left onto McKnight. Should I proceed straight or wait for said CPS member to specifically give me direction?

Edit: I'd also like to hear from any CPS members on here please.

Edit# 2: Added the word "also" as to not offended the sensitive people here thinking that I don't want or value their opinion.

swak
10-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Wait for direction.

His next move may be to direct the southbound traffic to make a left turn at same time too.

s dime
10-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Wait for sure.

RealJimmyJames
10-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Wait.

ROBOCOP
10-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Star1995

Edit: I'd like to hear from any CPS members on here please.

Can't you guys read, CPS member only! Clearly this guy is super intelligent and asking a question that requires utmost Police logic, any other response is invalid.

RealJimmyJames
10-04-2016, 07:53 PM
I AM THE LAW!!!
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qolk_rDA9xU/maxresdefault.jpg

Kloubek
10-04-2016, 08:16 PM
We really need Phil's opinion on this. The rest of us don't know how to drive.

ercchry
10-04-2016, 08:37 PM
The correct move is to not stop to begin with, make sure to ride up right beside him and give him a "good job" ass slap on the way by

revelations
10-04-2016, 08:53 PM
The CPS member stops all traffic heading east and west, points with one hand at the car in the left land and directs him to turn left onto McKnight. Should I proceed straight or wait for said CPS member to specifically give me direction?

Is this a serious question? :confused:

A police member has stopped all traffic and you're asking if you can proceed without being given the direction to do so???

italianstylez
10-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
The correct move is to not stop to begin with, make sure to ride up right beside him and give him a "good job" ass slap on the way by

This ^:rofl: :bigpimp:

Thaco
10-04-2016, 09:01 PM
if an officer is directing, everybody does as he says and ignores all other signals. basic learners quiz stuff.

swak
10-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Edit: I'd like to hear from any CPS members on here please.

I'm not going to disclose my occupation, but I feel my post had some merit.

Star1995
10-05-2016, 04:56 AM
Funny thing is that I waited and when the two cars beside me went the officer allowed east and west traffic to proceed leaving me at the intersection, he totally ignored me and wouldn't let me go. After a few minutes that officer went to his car and the other officer on the road stopped east/west traffic and allowed me to proceed. Don't want to actually call the first officer a dick but I'm pretty close to doing so. One good thing is I've got pretty good video of this so I'll post it on Youtube later this week and leave a link on here.

adam c
10-05-2016, 05:32 AM
Wait what? Since when do traffic rules apply to cyclists?

C_Dave45
10-05-2016, 07:53 AM
He knew you were just going to Timmys and therefore not worthy to delay the more important East/West traffic.

C_Dave45
10-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by adam c
Wait what? Since when do traffic rules apply to cyclists?
Since always...:dunno:

A cyclist must follow the rules of
the road like drivers of other vehicles.
· A cyclist seated on a bicycle at an
intersection, waiting for a traffic
control signal, has the same rights
and responsibilities as any other
vehicle waiting to proceed.
· Cyclists are required to use the
proper lane when turning left. A
bicycle and rider are smaller than
other vehicles, are less visible, and
more exposed to traffic on left turns.
Cyclists need extra consideration
when turning left, especially on
multi-lane roads.

Or were you being sarcastic...can't tell. :rofl:

rage2
10-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Funny thing is that I waited and when the two cars beside me went the officer allowed east and west traffic to proceed leaving me at the intersection, he totally ignored me and wouldn't let me go. After a few minutes that officer went to his car and the other officer on the road stopped east/west traffic and allowed me to proceed. Don't want to actually call the first officer a dick but I'm pretty close to doing so. One good thing is I've got pretty good video of this so I'll post it on Youtube later this week and leave a link on here.
I have this same problem leaving the saddledome after flames games where cops manually handle traffic. At first I thought the cops were being dicks to me, but really, they're just overwhelmed and/or inexperienced.

It's hilarious watching people not follow directions, seen cops stop people, pull them aside and ticket them for not obeying.

HiTempguy1
10-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by rage2

It's hilarious watching people not follow directions, seen cops stop people, pull them aside and ticket them for not obeying.

No different than people resisting arrest. Some people are just dumb :banghead:

xnvy
10-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
The correct move is to not stop to begin with, make sure to ride up right beside him and give him a "good job" ass slap on the way by TIL Eric is actually Claude Giroux

adam c
10-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Since always...:dunno:

Or were you being sarcastic...can't tell. :rofl:

Sarcasm dude

Star1995
10-10-2016, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmNFEfN421g Link to video.

rage2
10-10-2016, 03:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmNFEfN421g Link to video.
Yea, he definitely forgot about you there haha.

revelations
10-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Oh BICYCLE - thought you meant a motorbike.

I would have ridden up further the intersection towards the members and waited there, and then perhaps proceeded with the vehicles through the intersection.

thetransporter
10-11-2016, 11:06 PM
what would a self driving car do?

colsankey
10-12-2016, 07:32 AM
Flash "fuck it, im done" on the nav screen and revert to manual control?