PDA

View Full Version : The Grand Tour (Top Gear)

Pages : [1] 2 3

pheoxs
10-06-2016, 11:30 PM
kLtpcxtk4HI

Trailer is out! :hitit:

No idea how to stream it in Canada as we don't get Amazon here but hopefully something comes up

cet
10-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Apparently it's from Clarkson, Hammond and May Live; wonder if he will stick around for The Grand Tour as well

https://youtu.be/MYJZG5Og2yg

schocker
10-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Can't wait. Guessing we just have to download it here as Shomi was the one with the amazon programs.

bjstare
10-07-2016, 12:54 PM
God this looks awesome, can't wait.

Sucks that (as of now) we don't have a way to stream this.

NoSup4U
10-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
God this looks awesome, can't wait.

Sucks that (as of now) we don't have a way to stream this.

The Grand Tour commented on their FB page this morning, for countries that aren't able to to stream Amazon Prime, to stay patient as details are coming on how we can watch.

Hopefully this means Amazon is licensing to another provider. Even if we are a few days or a week behind, it beats trying to find a decent download.

rage2
10-07-2016, 03:02 PM
I don't want a few days behind. I want it now. I watched TG live Sunday afternoons through BBC iplayer.

Xtrema
10-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Still don't get it why Amazon prime doesn't enter the Canadian market.

finboy
10-07-2016, 03:41 PM
That left a massive grin on my face

rage2
10-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Signed onto Amazon Prime trial, works in Canada. No Apple TV app is a bummer, have to use iPad app and stream to TV.

The selection on Prime is terrible. I thought at first it has everything, but turns out half the shit on Amazon video isn't included in Prime, so you have to pay to rent/buy it. What a scam.

It's like ghetto Netflix. Grand Tour better be worth $8 a month.

beyond_ban
10-10-2016, 10:23 PM
I plan to just do my best Captain Jack Sparrow imitation and pirate each episode. Not seeing them live as they air doesn't matter much to me.

pheoxs
10-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Signed onto Amazon Prime trial, works in Canada. No Apple TV app is a bummer, have to use iPad app and stream to TV.

The selection on Prime is terrible. I thought at first it has everything, but turns out half the shit on Amazon video isn't included in Prime, so you have to pay to rent/buy it. What a scam.

It's like ghetto Netflix. Grand Tour better be worth $8 a month.

When did they launch a canadian version? or are you using the US one.

rage2
10-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Using the US one.

pheoxs
10-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Using the US one.

Can you use it directly or do you have to use a vpn/dns service?

rage2
10-11-2016, 10:24 AM
DNS works fine.

jacky4566
10-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
I plan to just do my best Captain Jack Sparrow imitation and pirate each episode. Not seeing them live as they air doesn't matter much to me.
Rule 10 bro. But when there is no other choice ill bring the rum.

Sean7
10-14-2016, 02:18 AM
"Reports have suggested the opening scene in the first series of The Grand Tour is set to be the most expensive ever broadcast.

Priced at an eye-watering £2.5million – the scene reportedly features 150 cars, 2,000 acrobats and six jet planes."

beyond_ban
11-16-2016, 12:08 AM
November 18th approaches quickly!
yQ7MqMQbMCI

NoSup4U
11-16-2016, 08:24 AM
Just announced global launch in December :clap: :clap: :clap:

wRkNMvK8UEE"

schocker
11-16-2016, 09:45 AM
It seems it will just be on their website? I will probably still just download it so I can watch it this week.

cycosis
11-16-2016, 01:47 PM
Haha im so stoked for this show. Glad they're working with Collins again.

Xtrema
11-16-2016, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by NoSup4U
Just announced global launch in December :clap: :clap: :clap:

wRkNMvK8UEE"

What's that mean for us Canadians? Is Amazon prime even do video service in Canada?

NoSup4U
11-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

What's that mean for us Canadians? Is Amazon prime even do video service in Canada?

It has nothing to do with what Amazon Prime does video wise in Canada or any country, they are making this show available for everyone. Maybe you need to re-watch (or actually watch) the video, as that was the whole point? :banghead:

I haven't seen much info beyond this, so not sure how it will be available. They have just said to stay tuned. I assume a stream or download?

As someone that doesn't torrent, this is great news. I just hope they let us know soon.

Xtrema
11-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by NoSup4U

It has nothing to do with what Amazon Prime does video wise in Canada or any country, they are making this show available for everyone. Maybe you need to re-watch (or actually watch) the video, as that was the whole point? :banghead:

They basically implied that Amazon will deliver the show to 200 countries. They didn't say how. And it would be naive to think that they would just prop it up on a web page for everyone in the world and call it a day. They must require some sort of access fee and the only membership fee they offer is Amazon Prime.

So i'm just wondering out loud that they will use The Ground Tour to expands Amazon Prime Video to countries where it's not available in the past, including Canada.

RealJimmyJames
11-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Amazon prime is the tits. This proves it.

Darell_n
11-16-2016, 09:37 PM
I can wait an extra 2 hrs and torrent it for free.

beyond_ban
11-17-2016, 01:38 AM
https://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2013/01/jack-sparrow.jpg

I do not think i'll be waiting till december just to pay to watch it...

NoSup4U
11-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

They basically implied that Amazon will deliver the show to 200 countries. They didn't say how. And it would be naive to think that they would just prop it up on a web page for everyone in the world and call it a day. They must require some sort of access fee and the only membership fee they offer is Amazon Prime.

So i'm just wondering out loud that they will use The Ground Tour to expands Amazon Prime Video to countries where it's not available in the past, including Canada.

It would be a great way for them to bring people in to the service, but I can't imagine they were able to piece together licensing for the other content all at once for every country/ territory. Will be interesting to see.

I'm starting to think I may break down and DL rather than wait. What are people using to torrent it? It's been a few years since I have.

schocker
11-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I am guessing it will just be available to watch via the amazon website. Maybe episodes are only up for a week or something.

CSMRX7
11-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Up on amazon.com now and view-able in Canada with your prime account!

NoSup4U
11-17-2016, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by CSMRX7
Up on amazon.com now and view-able in Canada with your prime account!
I assume you have US prime?

shakalaka
11-17-2016, 08:27 PM
When is the torrent coming lol...

95EagleAWD
11-17-2016, 09:47 PM
It was pretty freaking good. Felt like Top Gear of old.

cyra1ax
11-17-2016, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
When is the torrent coming lol...
Torrent is up.

Bladeh
11-18-2016, 06:16 PM
It was good, Chris Harris on Cars must have clubbed together with The Grand Tour for first segment of the show.

flipstah
11-18-2016, 09:56 PM
Mmmm P1

Redlyne_jr
11-19-2016, 02:46 AM
Pretty impressive first show! Budgets are definitely looking bigger, new test track is bizarre. :nut:

bjstare
11-19-2016, 09:39 AM
This was a decent ep, but to be honest, it didn't quite live up to the hype for me. I don't like the test track as much, and they probably won't get the best drives out of it since there's 0 room for error in some parts.

I'm looking forward to next week in SA.

v2kai
11-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
This was a decent ep, but to be honest, it didn't quite live up to the hype for me. I don't like the test track as much, and they probably won't get the best drives out of it since there's 0 room for error in some parts.

I'm looking forward to next week in SA.

Similar feelings for me. Dont get me wrong, it's great that theyre back. Trying not to jump the gun on judgement based off the first episode. For me it's their antics in and around the weird challenges they always faced that really entertain and hopefully there's lots of that in the upcoming shows. This one felt a bit too contrived.

bjstare
11-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by v2kai

Similar feelings for me. Dont get me wrong, it's great that theyre back. Trying not to jump the gun on judgement based off the first episode. For me it's their antics in and around the weird challenges they always faced that really entertain and hopefully there's lots of that in the upcoming shows. This one felt a bit too contrived.

Well said.

I'm confident that once they get settled in, it will be much better.

If anyone has watched TG USA, the first season was brutal, but by season 3, they got into a groove. I actually found myself really enjoying it once they all got comfortable with the show/each other. I could see The Grand Tour following a similar pattern, although I'm expecting them to be settled in before the end of the first few eps since they have so much history together already.

schocker
11-19-2016, 02:15 PM
I liked it. Since it was lots of different introductions, the amount of content was a tad small, but it was enjoyable and I am glad that they are back.

nismodrifter
11-19-2016, 06:43 PM
Good episode, really enjoyed watching it.

flipstah
11-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Lol Ferrari

npham
11-19-2016, 09:52 PM
It was a solid B to B+ for me. There was some good stuff but their track is lame. It's different having an air strip nearby to use as your own track, but the amount of budget they have for the series is probably enough to spring for a track for the next 3+ years.

But the hypercar debate is basically what we've all heard before. The 918 is stupid fast, La Ferrari is probably the nicest looking(debatable) and the P1 is the most fun to drive because it's trying to kill you all the time.

...I hope they smash his house.

alanaround
11-20-2016, 12:16 AM
...I hope they smash his house.

they blow it up (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/09/jeremy-clarkson-blows-up-his-old-home-to-make-way-for-new-cotswo/) :thumbsup:

dino_martini
11-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Disappointed they didn't even mention the bet Jeremy made about changing his name to Jessica on the old show. I also hope the whole celebrities dying before they appear on the show isn't a recurring gag because it wasn't funny at all.

D88
11-21-2016, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I also hope the whole celebrities dying before they appear on the show isn't a recurring gag because it wasn't funny at all.

I hope that was the last we see of celebrities being paraded on the show. Maybe the killing of celebrities was the show poking fun at the useless and unpopular "celebrities racing in a car they would never own" segment from Top Gear. Let that be the last we see of it.

mr2mike
11-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Well done show. Well scripted from the old to the new.
I think the writers are smart enough to not beat a joke to the ground and they're on to the new show from here on out.

birdman86
11-21-2016, 10:17 AM
Loved the remotes but the studio segments were all pretty brutal IMO. That air force bit just wouldn't end.

ExtremeSi
11-21-2016, 02:29 PM
Not bad. Felt pretty much like Top Gear, which isn't a bad thing, but a little underwhelming. I'm looking forward to any of their future challenges and adventures that they do.

Also, I thought the idea of the Grand Tour was that they would showcase the country or area that they are in. There wasn't that much about America really. Besides that annoying American race car driver. They didn't even talk about the Mustangs shown at the beginning.

yellowsnow
11-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Enjoyed it 1000x better than the new Top Gear with Chris Evans

flipstah
11-22-2016, 01:02 AM
Does Beyond have a DriveTribe yet?

R154
11-22-2016, 01:26 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/401240/drivetribe/

Nopulp might organize it.

bjstare
11-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Yeah, so what is drive tribe? I watched the preview video. Just saw a bunch of buzzwords and hashtags. :confused:

NoPulp
11-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Does Beyond have a DriveTribe yet?
Originally posted by R154
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/401240/drivetribe/

Nopulp might organize it.

Yep! I have it! "The Canadian Drive"
Public launch is Nov 28th.

I made mine leader exclusive for now meaning that only I can post on it. Originally they had it setup so that anyone can post and I was getting posts that had nothing to do with my subject (Canada car culture). I'm hoping they add some new features, but for now if anyone wants to contribute content send me a PM :thumbsup:

Drivetribe is a community of automotive enthusiasts. There are "Tribes" you can join. The tribes are like channels for specific subjects, sometimes very specific (like a certain car) to very broad (motorsports in general). It's sort of like speedhunters but way more contributors and it's split up into channels.

Power_Of_Rotary
11-23-2016, 11:18 PM
I almost had tears in my eye when I saw the trailer for TGT.

They are going to bring back the best part of the show. The 3 personalities.

Only 1 episode in and many of you are complaining. You know the original top gear took many years and seasons to get to MOST WATCHED TV SHOW on the globe? Please go and shoot the best tv show, otherwise shut up.

bjstare
11-24-2016, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary
I almost had tears in my eye when I saw the trailer for TGT.

They are going to bring back the best part of the show. The 3 personalities.

Only 1 episode in and many of you are complaining. You know the original top gear took many years and seasons to get to MOST WATCHED TV SHOW on the globe? Please go and shoot the best tv show, otherwise shut up.

Yeah, god forbid people express their opinions on the new show.

Based on what you were saying (many years to get to most watched show), how is it even possible that this one would live up right away? Of course people will have complaints (myself included). It doesn't mean we won't watch it. I'm confident this has the potential to be as good or better than original TG, even if it doesn't come out of the gate that strong.

shakalaka
11-24-2016, 11:25 AM
Contemplating downloading the first and watching it or waiting for the entire season to unload. Hmm.

Buster
11-24-2016, 11:32 AM
I've watched every episode of Top Gear available. I'm a fan of the show. But it is, and always has been, a bit over-rated.

Me "watching" Top Gear, often meant opening up the episode, seeing what they were doing, and skipping the silly bits to get to the car reviews and actual driving. Or just skipping the boring stuff with a train racing a car or whatever.

I think Grand Tour actually looks a bit better than the recent seasons of TG.

The problem TG has is people like Chris Harris, or Carfection, etc. Guys who will do actual car videos, rather than ultra-edited little car films like TG does.

pheoxs
11-24-2016, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Buster
I've watched every episode of Top Gear available. I'm a fan of the show. But it is, and always has been, a bit over-rated.

Me "watching" Top Gear, often meant opening up the episode, seeing what they were doing, and skipping the silly bits to get to the car reviews and actual driving. Or just skipping the boring stuff with a train racing a car or whatever.

I think Grand Tour actually looks a bit better than the recent seasons of TG.

The problem TG has is people like Chris Harris, or Carfection, etc. Guys who will do actual car videos, rather than ultra-edited little car films like TG does.

Meanwhile I live for the shenanigans like building their own amphibious vehicles.

flipstah
11-24-2016, 12:45 PM
Or those trips they do like Vietnam!

Or those challenges.

birdman86
11-24-2016, 01:15 PM
:werd:

I get a little disappointed when all they do is drive a fancy car around a track. Where's the fun in that?

beyond_ban
11-24-2016, 02:58 PM
It is all about the shenanigans with the old Top Gear, does anyone actually watch that show to help them choose their next vehicle?

NoPulp
11-24-2016, 03:35 PM
+1 shenanigans made top gear. It would blow if they just drove cars I can't afford in a serious manner. I think the buy a car with this budget challenges were my favorite.

NoSup4U
11-26-2016, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by D88

I hope that was the last we see of celebrities being paraded on the show. Maybe the killing of celebrities was the show poking fun at the useless and unpopular "celebrities racing in a car they would never own" segment from Top Gear. Let that be the last we see of it.

Looks like it is the poking fun at the BBC's legal antics

BBC Bans Top Gear Celeb Interview Rip Offs (https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2266992/jeremy-clarkson-forced-to-kill-off-charlize-theron-after-bbc-bans-star-interviews-on-the-grand-tour-over-fears-it-would-rip-off-top-gear/)

rage2
11-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
It is all about the shenanigans with the old Top Gear, does anyone actually watch that show to help them choose their next vehicle?
TG played a big part when I decided to go through a whole lot of trouble to get a CLK BS.

Btw - you don't need VPN or anything to watch GT on Amazon video. Just a trial account (or a real one).

http://i.imgur.com/gZoj8AX.jpg

All Amazon shows are available world wide.

alanaround
12-02-2016, 10:45 PM
10 minutes in to ep3 and it's already much better than last weeks :thumbsup:

drtoohotty1
12-03-2016, 01:42 PM
I didn't really like last night's episode the tour they did never really felt like it wrapped up in the end and no super car around their new track? Least favorite so far.

pheoxs
12-03-2016, 02:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/By7p0P6.jpg

beyond_ban
12-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
I didn't really like last night's episode the tour they did never really felt like it wrapped up in the end and no super car around their new track? Least favorite so far.

Episode 3? I thought it was the best so far, and by quite bit. Seems to me that they are finally hitting their stride.

bjstare
12-03-2016, 05:26 PM
That cyclist tweet gave me a chuckle. JC is the man.

mr2mike
12-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by alanaround
10 minutes in to ep3 and it's already much better than last weeks :thumbsup:

Good because ep2 was not very good. 1 car review and beating jokes dead.

yellowGTS
12-05-2016, 04:07 PM
I really think that Episode 1 was the best of the 3 Grand Tour episodes to date. It checks all of the boxes of what made Top Gear exciting and what built the show into a global phenomenon.

Episode 2, waste of time.

Episode 3, was OK, but the choice of cars was absurd. Only 1 GT car out of the 3. Plus the ongoing joke with the Hellcat burning through tires got old quickly.

YES, there needs to be a bit of "c*cking about" but there still needs to be substance to the episode. Also, the News section is not as exciting as old Top Gear, maybe they are scared of getting sued by the BBC. The celebrity section, waste of time!!

Just my $.02

austic
12-05-2016, 04:13 PM
I liked 3 the best so far.

shakalaka
12-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Picked up the three episodes from Piratebay and got an infringement notice from Telus. :(

Really need to figure out how to use that VPN blocking crap....any easy to follow guides/videos?

rage2
12-09-2016, 12:20 PM
You don't need a VPN to watch it off Amazon. GT plays region free.

shakalaka
12-09-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't have Amazon service that's why got it from Piratebay. Already have Netflix and CraveTV. Last thing I want is to subscribe to another stupid service like that and that too for one show.

rage2
12-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Just keep signing up to the free 30 day trial using multiple accounts and game the system that way.

Yea, it sucks having to sub to another service, but that's the reason why Amazon invested in the show to lure in subscribers.

oilerfan4lyfe
12-09-2016, 03:08 PM
I have amazon prime but still get a message saying it'll be available soon in Canada but can't actually find a link to watch the show. I've had to torrent it to watch the first 3. Am I missing something? Every time I sign into amazon.com it has the try prime icon but when I'm on amazon.ca it recognizes that I have prime.

rage2
12-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Not really sure. I just signed up, added a Canadian CC and it just worked. If it makes any difference, I just bought the video package, and not the whole Prime deal. :dunno:

NoSup4U
12-14-2016, 07:36 AM
Now available for all folks :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

https://www.primevideo.com/

redline
12-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Not really sure. I just signed up, added a Canadian CC and it just worked. If it makes any difference, I just bought the video package, and not the whole Prime deal. :dunno:

For whatever reason it will not work off my iPad but works fine from my laptop... :dunno:

Brent.ff
12-14-2016, 09:21 AM
I know there is a lot of reminiscing for the show...but its been pretty dead boring so far this season. Give me an hour in bolivia or something!

EG_Civic
12-14-2016, 05:55 PM
You can also use Kodi - Exodus

Minimalist
12-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Maybe I grew up or value my time more? Since Top Gear was deep-sixed, this revamped Grand Tour has been a Grand Bore so far. I've only watched two episodes and had to FF through some of it. Not a laugh to be had yet.

flipstah
12-18-2016, 03:58 PM
Lololol the battleship skit was epic.

sputnik
12-23-2016, 08:08 AM
https://i.imgur.com/9VEPAQA.jpg

redline
12-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Lol :D

redline
12-30-2016, 08:50 PM
The beach buggy special was great

firebane
12-30-2016, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by redline
The beach buggy special was great

Its two parts :D Part 1 was great :thumbsup: Waiting for part 2

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-30-2016, 09:36 PM
Part two is already out, I just finished watching it.

firebane
12-30-2016, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Part two is already out, I just finished watching it.

Probably on Amazon?

redline
12-31-2016, 06:10 PM
Yes both parts are on amazon

Team_Mclaren
12-31-2016, 06:28 PM
pretty awesome eps, just like old times!:thumbsup:

redline
01-01-2017, 07:27 PM
BBC canada had a marathon of the new top gear on today with Matt Leblanc, Chris Evens etc... Total junk...

npham
01-01-2017, 10:20 PM
"Ok, does anybody want a beer?" I haven't laughed that hard from The Grand Tour yet.

schocker
01-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Really enjoyed the special. The bit once all their lights went wonky was one of my favorite parts :rofl:

flipstah
01-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Lolol James May buggy rules all!

R154
02-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Kinda boring finale. But i liked the segment with James hahaha.

flipstah
02-04-2017, 07:12 PM
I want that Bentayga.

R154
02-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Man. Every rapper is going to buy it.

The wife is already talking about ditching the gla45 and getting a range sport. I had to remind her gently that the range sport is like 4x the price. Not to mention, I get to buy something new first. :devil:

It's funny, as soon as we watched 12 and talked about the Bentley I told her that I figured flipstah would want it...

3 years from now I will be begging you not to buy it used.

It's become somewhat of a reoccurring joke when I see 2-3 year old luxury vehicles, to inspect the driver.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: