PDA

View Full Version : Popeye's Chicken Opening Up In Calgary

Pages : [1] 2 3

Seks
10-07-2016, 01:20 PM
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/fast-food-chicken-market-heats-up-in-eastside-calgary

Had it once in Bellingham. I dig it.

G-ZUS
10-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Seks
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/fast-food-chicken-market-heats-up-in-eastside-calgary

Had it once in Bellingham. I dig it.

Had it in Ottawa, i like!

gretz
10-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Little Nicky ruined it for me

dj_rice
10-07-2016, 02:04 PM
I like the location. In the ghetto dirty south. Smart move by them.

Xtrema
10-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Unsweetened Ice Tea?

95EG6P
10-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Wish they would have got a chipotle instead

NoSup4U
10-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by 95EG6P
Wish they would have got a chipotle instead

The first in Alberta is confirmed for Edmonton in 2017. Hopefully we will have one to follow :dunno:

Really looking forward to Popeye's, but really not looking forward to crossing east of Deerfoot :cry:

This shiz better be as good as they say!

FixedGear
10-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by NoSup4U

This shiz better be as good as they say!

It's shitty low-grade fast food fried chicken. People here are hyping it because it's novel. This reminds me of the Carl's Jr. thread. :rofl:

01RedDX
10-08-2016, 08:00 AM

speedog
10-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by NoSup4U
...but really not looking forward to crossing east of Deerfoot...

Why? Will you break out in hives or get a rash?

Minimalist
10-08-2016, 09:19 AM
More garbage food for the masses with big asses.

Need a Chipotle.

BigMass
10-08-2016, 09:33 AM
There's nothing wrong with "cheap junk" alternatives once in a while but when these chains hit Canada, the "cheap" part goes away and all that's left is the "junk".

Nobody goes to whitecastle to get a Gordon Ramsay handcrafted burger. They go for 25 cent sliders and to buy 100 of them when they're drunk or hungover. When they come to Canada they'll cost $5 each and be completely pointless. Popeyes is fine, but nobody will want to pay Calgary prices for it. Then on the other side you have places like Carl's Jr that costs more than dining out at Earls.

Places that have made it work are 5 guys and smashburger who have great product at the right price. Not many can accomplish that.

Xtrema
10-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Minimalist
More garbage food for the masses with big asses.

Need a Chipotle.

Isn't Mucho Burrito is pretty much Chipotle quality wise? Although it's been quite a few years since I stepped into a Chipotle.

ZenOps
10-09-2016, 12:32 PM
You know its good by the number of roaches and rats that hang around.

That being said, Alberta is a rat free zone.

rx7_turbo2
10-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Isn't Mucho Burrito is pretty much Chipotle quality wise? Although it's been quite a few years since I stepped into a Chipotle.

My last stint in Ohio I ate at Chipotle a couple times. I think I like Mucho better actually but really I don't think they're that much different.

I'm not a fried chicken fan, I've eaten KFC maybe twice in my whole life. But just like Carl's Jr. Fatburger, 5 guys etc I'll give Popeyes a shot at least once.

speedog
10-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
You know its good by the number of roaches and rats that hang around.

That being said, Alberta is a rat free zone.

Ummm, you're here, no?

roopi
10-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Exactly, where's that thread now? Popeye's is considered a low-class, "poor people's" joint down in the states.

I hope to see some of the other brands pop up here though, like In-N-Out, Super Duper Burger, Panera and White Castle.

Oh, and a Chipotle would be good too, now that most of the Taco Bells have all but disappeared.

Are In-N-Out, Super Duper Burger, Panera and White Castle considered 'rich people's' restaurants?

01RedDX
10-09-2016, 03:21 PM

JRSC00LUDE
10-09-2016, 06:50 PM
I like Popeye's, went in Vallejo once. Took a limo and driver and paid for my 5 dollar chicken with a crisp 100. People there were looking at me funny, good times!

BigMass
10-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I like Popeye's, went in Vallejo once. Took a limo and driver and paid for my 5 dollar chicken with a crisp 100. People there were looking at me funny, good times!

that $5 magically turns into $20 when it hits Canada for some reason :p that's the problem with these damn US chains that people get excited about. Carl's is good, but in Canada it costs me the same as a burger at Earls. Sorry.

JRSC00LUDE
10-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

that $5 magically turns into $20 when it hits Canada for some reason :p that's the problem with these damn US chains that people get excited about. Carl's is good, but in Canada it costs me the same as a burger at Earls. Sorry.

You're absolutely correct.

ExtraSlow
10-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Anyone count the number of white people in that news reel?

Kloubek
10-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Had this stuff for the first time during a road trip down the west USA coast.

I liked it. Quite a bit.

The chicken itself is good. Breading is light, but there is a fair amount of it. Taste is good - it has a real southern buttermilk flavour to it. What I think I liked the most is that it wasn't dripping with grease like you get at KFC.

But what really sets it apart from KFC is the sides. Sides you might actually want to eat and don't resemble synthetic food.

At the end of the day, it really is fast food junk. But on those rare occasions that I want to do my body a disservice, I'll give it another go for sure.

hurrdurr
10-09-2016, 11:03 PM

Exactly, where's that thread now? Popeye's is considered a low-class, "poor people's" joint down in the states.

I hope to see some of the other brands pop up here though, like In-N-Out, Super Duper Burger, Panera and White Castle.

Oh, and a Chipotle would be good too, now that most of the Taco Bells have all but disappeared.

Popeyes isn't considered low class by any means, neither is it inexpensive in USA, Asia or in other parts of Canada.

Perhaps you're being a bigot and generalizing your information based on the people you assume that eat fried chicken?

You think Popeyes is low class but you hope for a White Castle to open in Calgary? :nut: :rofl:

Originally posted by BigMass
There's nothing wrong with "cheap junk" alternatives once in a while but when these chains hit Canada, the "cheap" part goes away and all that's left is the "junk".

Nobody goes to whitecastle to get a Gordon Ramsay handcrafted burger. They go for 25 cent sliders and to buy 100 of them when they're drunk or hungover. When they come to Canada they'll cost $5 each and be completely pointless. Popeyes is fine, but nobody will want to pay Calgary prices for it. Then on the other side you have places like Carl's Jr that costs more than dining out at Earls.

Places that have made it work are 5 guys and smashburger who have great product at the right price. Not many can accomplish that.

The prices will be in line with how much it is in the states based on the dollar. I've had it in Ontario and it cost as much as it did for me to buy in Houston with conversion and fees which is slightly higher than the same amount of food at somewhere like KFC or Fritou

I'm actually a huge fan of Popeyes and I am very happy to see this chain open up here.

Hoping to see a Panda Express open here.

01RedDX
10-10-2016, 12:00 AM

speedog
10-10-2016, 08:35 AM
Shouldn't this be as simple as 'if you don't like it, then don't go?'

I'm not one to go out very often, maybe once a month if that but I do enjoy my CB's while others despise it. I don't knock them for their choices nor should they knock me for mine. I'm relatively fit, maybe a bit over weight but I really don't give a damn if Popeyes or some other chain comes to Canada. I most likely won't ever eat there but at the same time there obviously is a market that they feel can be profitable for them. Is eating there any worse than those that choose to dine at home on mostly what comes out of a box?

BensonTT
10-10-2016, 09:12 AM

Compared to ghetto Popeyes :rofl:

8pyW6w5B7Aw

Not all fast food restaurants are in the same category. Would you say that 5 Guys is the same as McD's?

For example, to eat at Super Duper Burger you have to a) be in San Francisco and b) spend up to $25USD pp for a full meal with desert.
They also cook their patties medium well, so you know it's not some value chain.

This is racist! :rofl:

FixedGear
10-10-2016, 09:16 AM
^i think the point is that people have said "I hope it's as good as the hype", which is why others are responding that it's just shitty, cheap, unhealthy, corporate fast food. :dunno:

Why anyone would want to eat that shit is beyond me, especially given all if the other independent quick food options in Calgary. But then again, why anyone would want to eat processed food from a box is beyond me too. To each their own I suppose, but this is why half the population is obese.

cancer man
10-10-2016, 09:28 AM
I ate 7-11 fried chicken in the hood 3 pieces for 5 bucks.
And ill say it was good.

austic
10-10-2016, 02:49 PM
I had it once at the airport in Houston. It was interesting as i had never had corn bread before. I think based on demographics they picked a good location for Calgary.

Strider
10-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Had Popeye's on Jeju island... the place was packed and the chicken was better than any Korean fried chicken I've had.

Can't wait for them to open here.

theken
10-11-2016, 01:45 PM
I have had Popeyes once, I thought it was fantastic, I am a huge cornbread fan as well. I will there one day and enjoy it.

BensonTT
10-11-2016, 02:23 PM
I tried Popeye's chicken once after watching Little Nicky.. Chicken is ok, I almost choked on the cornbread cause it was so dry.. I probably wont eat it again.. lol

shakalaka
10-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Had spicy chicken strips in Vegas a couple of months ago. Liked it.

PS: Had White Castle too as I wanted to see what the hype was all about and it was completely shit. So much so that I will never try it again even if they opened up locally.

JordanEG6
10-12-2016, 08:38 AM
I love Popeye's. Not as good as some I've tried, but way better than Chicken on the Way and KFC. I've been to a Popeye's in Seattle a bunch of times. It's always been a pretty good experience. Chicken was good, Cajun mashed potatoes and biscuits were also very good. Can't wait for the local opening.

Originally posted by shakalaka
Had spicy chicken strips in Vegas a couple of months ago. Liked it.

PS: Had White Castle too as I wanted to see what the hype was all about and it was completely shit. So much so that I will never try it again even if they opened up locally.

I went to a 24hr White Castle in Harlem. The place was rigged like a bank, the counter was covered in full length bullet proof glass from the floor to the ceiling and cameras set up. I had to order food through a speaker and grab my food from an small sliding door through the glass.

There was a brownspot on the floor where the DYI drink fountain used to be. It had to be moved behind the glass because apparently, people would come in during the late hours and fill plastic bags with soda and run out the door. :rofl:

As far as food goes, White Castle is pretty crappy. The Crave Case was okay, but I would say only good when your stoned or drunk.

hurrdurr
10-12-2016, 10:03 AM
There is no cornbread at Popeyes, it's a biscuit.

Put some butter and honey on it - Delicious

Rocket1k78
10-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I like the location. In the ghetto dirty south. Smart move by them.

:werd: Very smart move. I cant wait to try this out after seeing all the commercials

Originally posted by Xtrema
Unsweetened Ice Tea?

My favorite thing about the US

shakalaka
10-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
I love Popeye's. Not as good as some I've tried, but way better than Chicken on the Way and KFC. I've been to a Popeye's in Seattle a bunch of times. It's always been a pretty good experience. Chicken was good, Cajun mashed potatoes and biscuits were also very good. Can't wait for the local opening.

I went to a 24hr White Castle in Harlem. The place was rigged like a bank, the counter was covered in full length bullet proof glass from the floor to the ceiling and cameras set up. I had to order food through a speaker and grab my food from an small sliding door through the glass.

There was a brownspot on the floor where the DYI drink fountain used to be. It had to be moved behind the glass because apparently, people would come in during the late hours and fill plastic bags with soda and run out the door. :rofl:

As far as food goes, White Castle is pretty crappy. The Crave Case was okay, but I would say only good when your stoned or drunk.

Lol that White Castle sounds interesting. The wife and I were in Florida a few months ago and driving to the Key West. We got hungry and I decided to pull off the highway to look for food. I guess we didn't know the kind of area we were going into, the McDonald's there was the ghetto'est one ever (no bullet holes or anything but just the crowd). The looks we got driving through in our bright Yellow Mustang convertible were interesting. I didn't care though as we were starving. Sat inside, had our food then left but I didn't leave the convertible top open when I parked the car though Haha.

The White Castle I went to was in Vegas on the strip so not bad at all as far as condition of it was concerned. However, the food was less than stellar and the meat felt fake or off. We had the 10 burger pack and the ladies couldn't even finish one so me and the other guy ended up eating most and feeling like crap after.

01RedDX
10-12-2016, 10:57 AM

rage2
10-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
However, the food was less than stellar and the meat felt fake or off.
I know what you're describing and it's supposed to taste exactly like that.

Manhattan
10-12-2016, 11:37 AM
White Castle meat looks like the stuff they couldn't put into SPAM. What did you expect lol.

turbotrip
10-12-2016, 04:27 PM
chipotle opening soon here too

dj_rice
10-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Edmonton has a Popeye's location opening in November. But surprisingly it's opening up in the Southside.

Manhattan
10-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
chipotle opening soon here too

source?

shakalaka
10-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I know what you're describing and it's supposed to taste exactly like that.

Wow really eh..that's gross. Not sure how it's so popular that they made a damn movie on it. Even the colour/texture was weird and not similar to 'regular' meat.

phreezee
10-16-2016, 02:51 PM
White Castle is disgusting, had it in the hood outside of Chicago. 1st and last time.

The last time I had Popeyes, I had to walk through a cloud of weed smoke at the front door, and I was the only non black person there. This week in Hawaii was a good experience though, and we actually went twice because my kids loved it so much.

Didn't see what the big deal was about Chipotle. Not much better, if at all, than Costa Vida/Mucho Burrito.

Seks
10-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Edmonton has a Popeye's location opening in November. But surprisingly it's opening up in the Southside.

whats so bad about edm south?
:dunno:

BensonTT
11-16-2016, 06:41 PM
Did you guys know there is a Panda Express in Calgary now? Its by the new Costco

95EG6P
11-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT
Did you guys know there is a Panda Express in Calgary now? Its by the new Costco

i went to it and it was not good i remeber it very differnet from the states ones

suntan
11-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Panda Express is fucking awful, so this would be an improvement.

BensonTT
11-17-2016, 10:56 AM
Is it really that bad? I still have to try it at least one time lol

FraserB
11-17-2016, 12:13 PM
How does Popeye's compare to Chick-Fil-A?

Had some last week when I was at the airport and it was pretty good.

vw_rabbit2.5
11-17-2016, 01:22 PM
popeye's is way better than chick-fil-a. More flavorful, and the sides are way better at popeyes. mashed potatoes and cajun gravy mmmm.

sabad66
11-17-2016, 03:18 PM
so when is popeyes actually opening up here?? is there a date?

95EG6P
11-17-2016, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by sabad66

+1

hurrdurr
11-17-2016, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by 95EG6P

i went to it and it was not good i remeber it very differnet from the states ones

Weird, I thought it was fantastic and very similar if not better than in the states.

Originally posted by sabad66

No date yet, drove by there a couple weeks ago and it seemed like there was still a lot of work to do.

I would say it's safe to assume sometime early into the new year.

suntan
11-17-2016, 04:17 PM
Ug. It was all so slopped in goopy sauce. And everything was soooo sweet.

englishbob
11-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Not selling hush puppies according to the Canadian menu so I'll pass..best thing on the menu

Nickerjones
12-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by englishbob
Not selling hush puppies according to the Canadian menu so I'll pass..best thing on the menu

I have never had hush puppies at popeyes (didn't even know they had them)... Their biscuits are delicious though.

Any date for opening yet?

dj_rice
12-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Waiting for the popularity to die down before I hit up the Edmonton location. Line ups out the door for fried chicken. F that.

Same goes for Nando's.

flipstah
12-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Nando's is still busy because it's good. Especially post-renovations.

BigDL
12-12-2016, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

Drove by the other day and it looks really nice inside now. Sure doesn't look like a old pizza hut anymore.

BigMass
12-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

recently ate there. Good flavor, terrible value. $9 sandwich consisted of mostly bread and a tiny and thin 2"x2" piece of chicken. The $6 "premium" side should have been more like $3. They were out of many things that we wanted to order for some reason (umm make more?) Their ordering system felt like it added nothing but chaos. Taste was good, everything else about this place kinda sucked.

95EG6P
12-12-2016, 12:37 PM
And update on when it will be open

suntan
12-12-2016, 02:17 PM
IT'S OPEN! UNLEASH THE COCK!

95EG6P
12-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by suntan
IT'S OPEN! UNLEASH THE COCK!

Did u go
Is it amazing

suntan
12-12-2016, 02:30 PM
No idea, it was on the radio and Facebook.

hurrdurr
12-12-2016, 05:39 PM
I don't think it's open

Amysicle
12-12-2016, 07:26 PM

suntan
12-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Fuck facebook let me down again.

hurrdurr
12-13-2016, 04:35 PM
Anyone drive by? Still looks like a dump. Q1 2017 looks to be a stretch.

We'll see

lasimmon
12-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by hurrdurr
Anyone drive by? Still looks like a dump. Q1 2017 looks to be a stretch.

We'll see

Opens Monday at 11 am.

hurrdurr
12-13-2016, 05:43 PM
http://www.sayleswinnikoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/kanye.jpg

sexualbanana
12-19-2016, 08:09 AM
Just saw on Facebook this morning, they won't be opening today

R154
12-19-2016, 08:18 AM
I love how they said unforeseen circumstances when it's been evident that it wasn't going to be complete by today for quite some time.

The whole pr team that runs that page should be cleared out. There's nothing worse than someone teasing "coming soon" without any real benchmarks or milestones.

Wish I could get away with that in my job.

G-ZUS
12-19-2016, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by R154
I love how they said unforeseen circumstances when it's been evident that it wasn't going to be complete by today for quite some time.

The whole pr team that runs that page should be cleared out. There's nothing worse than someone teasing "coming soon" without any real benchmarks or milestones.

:werd: :banghead:

HiTempguy1
12-19-2016, 09:37 AM
The popeyes in Edmonton is open. Was out and about late and thought I'd grab.some.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that, lineup was out the door at 8pm on a Sunday evening :nut:

G-ZUS
12-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
The popeyes in Edmonton is open. Was out and about late and thought I'd grab.some.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that, lineup was out the door at 8pm on a Sunday evening :nut:

Krispy Kreme all over again

R154
12-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Was in Edmonton today. Went to popeyes. Split a 4pc meal with the woman. Had mash potato and slaw.

Chicken was juicy, ordered the spicy. Wasn't very spicy but had decent flavour. Skin was crisp. Breading was similar to Mary browns. The sides were not great. Mash is definitely powdered potato. Had no consistency. Slaw was decent. The biscuit is so not as good as people say.

Portions were on par with KFC.

Overall I will likely not go again for a long time. No real reason to wait in line for it. Not worth it.

Went at the end of lunch and it was still a 20 min wait.

sexualbanana
12-19-2016, 08:58 PM

Drove by it on my way home today and they didn't seem that far off from being open. I had to do a double-take because it looked like it was.

FixedGear
12-19-2016, 09:32 PM
Was in Edmonton today. Went to popeyes. Split a 4pc meal with the woman. Had mash potato and slaw.

Chicken was juicy, ordered the spicy. Wasn't very spicy but had decent flavour. Skin was crisp. Breading was similar to Mary browns. The sides were not great. Mash is definitely powdered potato. Had no consistency. Slaw was decent. The biscuit is so not as good as people say.

Overall I will likely not go again for a long time. No real reason to wait in line for it. Not worth it.

I'm pretty sure I said basically the same thing on the first page of this thread. :dunno:

sexualbanana
12-19-2016, 10:18 PM

The problem isnt that it's not good, the problem is that the wait is so long that the expectation is impossible to meet. I love Popeyes and eat it any chance I get when I'm in the US, but if I had to wait 20+ minutes for it, I'm not doing it.

R154
12-20-2016, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by FixedGear

I'm pretty sure I said basically the same thing on the first page of this thread. :dunno:

I suppose since you gave your opinion that any further discussion is moot.

Go back to your pizza reviews. Maybe, wipe your snatch with it and sell your own seafood delight. I'm sure you'd be able to make your own dough with all the yeast you have cultivating.

Fuck off you god damn slug.

Offroad
12-21-2016, 03:08 AM
Popeyes Canada added 2 new photos.
5 hrs ·

Thank you for your patience, Calgary! Join us at our official grand opening at 3909 17th Avenue SE tomorrow at 11 AM.

Homerrca
12-21-2016, 08:19 AM
Going to try tomorrow for lunch but last night it was lined up to the door at 5:00. Hopefully the experience is better then Fritou. Went there on a Friday evening to discover that they had no white meat and were low on chicken period.

The server was nice and apologized saying they didn't realize the demand so they were running out of chicken. There were a fair amount of folks walking in and walking out empty handed. Might try them in the new year since both places are just a few blocks away from me.

blairtruck
12-21-2016, 09:27 AM
Had it yesterday in Palm Springs. It was ok. Will try in Edmonton to compare. They have a Twonie Tuesday meal of 2 pieces for 1.89$ down here

K3RMiTdot
12-21-2016, 11:51 PM
line was long as hell, however for me this does compare to the American Popeyes.

I would wait at least a month before going back.

Drive thru lines were down the block

403civic
12-28-2016, 12:48 PM
I went on Thursday Dec. 22nd

Drive thru line was around the block.

we went at about 10pm (an hour before the store front closes)

we sat and chilled until 11pm (store front closes at 11 - drivethru midnight) and about 30min before the store front closed. it was pretty dead

I could recommend you go at 10:30pm

Defiantly tastier than KFC/Marry Browns.
might of preferred the crispiness you get from Korean Fried chicken over this.
but the meat was defiantly flavorful

Don't forget to try their biscuits (comparable to red-lobster biscuits imo)
and add the popcorn shrimp for $3 to any combo

01RedDX
12-28-2016, 04:31 PM

G-ZUS
12-28-2016, 04:38 PM
I went today at 2 pm. Drive-thru lineup still went way down the block (must suck to live on that street right now) so I parked and walked in and was in and out faster than at McDonalds. They are very friendly and fast (for now).

I found it more juicy and flavorful than KFC for sure and the outside is crunchier. The coleslaw was fresh and the biscuit was meh. I'll probably be back sooner or later because I work not too far from there.

So yeah, not bad at all. You'll probably get much better service here than at most American Popeyes... for now anyway.

The biscuit is definitely meh

nykz
12-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Got the chance to try it on boxing day, drive thru line was about 20 minutes. I like the chicken a lot better than KFC. My favourite has always been Yum Yum chicken, then KFC, but I think Popeyes sits as my favourite right now. The spicy flavour was good, could be a bit more spicy though but thats my personal preference. Like everyone else said, crispy skin and moist chicken makes for a pretty good meal. Biscuit was just meh, a little on the salty side. Gravy was interesting, think I still prefer KFC gravy, but overall pretty good. Would definitely go back.

Rocket1k78
12-29-2016, 04:00 PM

I suppose since you gave your opinion that any further discussion is moot.

Go back to your pizza reviews. Maybe, wipe your snatch with it and sell your own seafood delight. I'm sure you'd be able to make your own dough with all the yeast you have cultivating.

Fuck off you god damn slug.

:rofl: :rofl:

Seen it on the news and its gotta suck for the people living beside it, street parking with people lined up around the block has got to be horrible

Seks
01-09-2017, 06:24 PM
hows the lineup now? :dunno:

zhao
01-09-2017, 07:05 PM
I tried it today. I went in at 445 and no one was in line, but there was 5 groups waiting for thier food, and had my food faster then all of them (about 60 seconds from ordering), so big plus there because KFC you could order a water and it'd take 20 minutes while 6 people run around doing absolutely nothing filling the order of some faggot who ordered half the menu.

As far as it goes.

mary browns is way better IMO, then pop eyes, then kfc.

the biscuit is 100% meh. the fries are soso. the chicken is good but it's pretty hard to screw up fried chicken. One perk is the size of pieces, which are definitely bigger than KFC or mary browns. Even the wing got was huge.

all in all, it was decent but I know my wife will prefer A&W or korean friend chicken though.

TomcoPDR
01-26-2017, 11:27 PM
8pm, Thursday.

Line ups are around 7-12 minutes till you get to counter. Another 6-7 minutes after order till pickup.

Quite a view if you're facing International Ave (17th), since it's right across from 7-11... it's like being in a dinner theater.

Haven't had Mary Browns in like 5-7 years so can't compare. But definitely like this better than KFC... but still like Korean crispy chicken equally.

Come to think of it, I think the Lawn would be the only area within 2km where you can do a taste of KFC, Mary Brown and Popeye's all in one shot. (KFC by the Enterprises rental I think, across the Mac/Winks where there used to always be pretty girls hanging around, and Mary Browns just by the McDicks, at the No Frills old trailer park lot)... Would make an interesting Beyond foodie chicken tour. (and by chicken tour, I mean crispy chicken tour... not the Asian slang "chicken")

Like their apple pies better than McDonald's... but didn't like the biscuit as Red Lobsters...

(for non-sexist purpose, there's been a complain/"concern")

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/01c683500d3ddbc70bd97cb544c1ff6c5c166f14ab_zpsgpgdtrge.jpg~original

speedog
01-26-2017, 11:47 PM
Ya could've at least undone the zipper a bit more.

TomcoPDR
01-26-2017, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Ya could've at least undone the zipper a bit more.

Some are just camera shy. Give me a few dates with this one :love:

max_boost
01-27-2017, 12:54 AM
Definitely coming here tmr. Getting kinda bored with KFC

G-ZUS
01-27-2017, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
8pm, Thursday.

Line ups are around 7-12 minutes till you get to counter. Another 6-7 minutes after order till pickup.

Quite a view if you're facing International Ave (17th), since it's right across from 7-11... it's like being in a dinner theater.

Haven't had Mary Browns in like 5-7 years so can't compare. But definitely like this better than KFC... but still like Korean crispy chicken equally.

Come to think of it, I think the Lawn would be the only area within 2km where you can do a taste of KFC, Mary Brown and Popeye's all in one shot. (KFC by the Enterprises rental I think, across the Mac/Winks where there used to always be pretty girls hanging around, and Mary Browns just by the McDicks, at the No Frills old trailer park lot)... Would make an interesting Beyond foodie chicken tour. (and by chicken tour, I mean crispy chicken tour... not the Asian slang "chicken")

Like their apple pies better than McDonald's... but didn't like the biscuit as Red Lobsters...

(for non-sexist purpose, there's been a complain/"concern")

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/01c683500d3ddbc70bd97cb544c1ff6c5c166f14ab_zpsgpgdtrge.jpg~original

There's also a Fritous around there somewhere

Kloubek
01-27-2017, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

The biscuit is definitely meh

I think they don't know how to cook them properly or something. What I see in that picture is nothing like what we got when we were in the US a year ago. Unless they have a different product for Canada, I actually found them quite tasty.