PDA

View Full Version : LF: Welding position

spikerS
10-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Hey everyone!

I am trying to help out a good friend of mine. He is finished his schooling (3rd year iirc) and is looking for a job ASAP in his field.

circumstances for him have changed and he can't wait any longer, and is looking for some work quick like. I know that Alberta is hurting right now, but if anyone knows of positions that are opening up, or places that are hiring welders please let me know. He would ideally like to find something in Calgary, but he is willing to travel for work (think camp job).

Any help or leads that anyone can pass along would be greatly appreciated!

03ozwhip
10-09-2016, 05:54 PM
so, is he a 3rd year or a journeyman? he won't get any welding jobs out in the field without a truck, and even with one, I know so many rig welders that are sitting right now.

if he is willing to go to camp and be a welders helper, I can see what I can do.

spikerS
10-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
so, is he a 3rd year or a journeyman? he won't get any welding jobs out in the field without a truck, and even with one, I know so many rig welders that are sitting right now.

if he is willing to go to camp and be a welders helper, I can see what I can do.

I am sure he would take an opportunity like that Cory, if you can arrange something, I will let him know.

spikerS
10-09-2016, 06:34 PM
ok, apparently camp jobs are out too. His family situation is too much for his wife to handle on her own as their son is extremely sick with Hunters syndrome so it will have to be in or near Calgary as that is where the childrens hospital is.