PDA

View Full Version : looking for a specific pair of Nikes

03ozwhip
10-11-2016, 02:24 PM
I know there are alot of sneaker heads on here, so I figured I'd ask. I've been to every big box store and also Lexington Ave to see if they have this shoe, but I can only find it online and some stores in Vancouver.

if anyone knows where I can find the Air Max Zero "Ultramarine" locally, it would be greatly appreciated.

vw_rabbit2.5
10-11-2016, 03:18 PM
you can try less17 on 17th ave. They have a few air max zero's in stock, but not sure if ultramarine colorway is available.

dirtsniffer
10-11-2016, 03:27 PM
maybe you could build them on the nikeid site?

can pretty much do anything.

rage2
10-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Ultramarine is already available on the Nike site. No need to nikeid it. My guess is he doesn't want to wait.

One quick suggestion is footlocker website, if they have it there you can search to see if it's in stock locally (hint: it never is haha).

EK 2.0
10-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Locally will be difficult...

As was suggested with Foot Locker, if they have stock across Canada they can send it to your store of choice no charge...

But Livestock out of Vancouver will be your best bet unfortunately...

drtoohotty1
10-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Came in thinking Ultramarine was going to be a futuristic camouflage colored shoe.... left disappointed

03ozwhip
10-11-2016, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Locally will be difficult...

As was suggested with Foot Locker, if they have stock across Canada they can send it to your store of choice no charge...

But Livestock out of Vancouver will be your best bet unfortunately...
Ya footlocker is a no go, but livestock has them, but they're who I was talking about in Van. I'll check out less17 and f not, I'll bite the bullet with livestock.

Dumbass17
10-11-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm no sneakerhead or whatever, but I've got to ask, what's the uniqueness or reason it's so special. I did a google image search and i don't get it...? :dunno:

03ozwhip
10-12-2016, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
I'm no sneakerhead or whatever, but I've got to ask, what's the uniqueness or reason it's so special. I did a google image search and i don't get it...? :dunno:
Hey
they're not for everyone, but it's the first time they've released this type of colorway for the AMZ and I like it better than any of the other ones, so there's that.

they're not overly special, but they're only limited to certain places (obviously), which makes them a bit more special than the rest.

JordanEG6
10-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
I know there are alot of sneaker heads on here, so I figured I'd ask. I've been to every big box store and also Lexington Ave to see if they have this shoe, but I can only find it online and some stores in Vancouver.

if anyone knows where I can find the Air Max Zero "Ultramarine" locally, it would be greatly appreciated.

You can't find these locally. Unless someone sells their pair to The Ave, you won't see them here. Most stores in Calgary, including Foot Locker don't have Quickstrike/Tier One accounts (or good ones anyways) because the accounts are expensive to hold and the market is too small for anything other than Jordans. Mostly because the Calgary scene is mostly comprised of Hypebeasts, kids or people who don't know anything about the footwear culture.

Originally posted by Dumbass17

Ultramarine/Infrared has been a staple colorway in Nike footwear since the Air 180 in the 90s. Popular for vintage Nike heads. The Zero pays homage to one of the original colorways that made Nike running popular. It's also a Quickstrike colorway, meaning only available for stores who pay for those accounts, is fairly limited in full size runs and no specific drop date.

shakalaka
10-12-2016, 10:50 AM
Damn you Cory, you got me looking at NikeId. Now I want to order the Cortez in custom colorway even though I don't need more sneakers right now. But damn that black/silver colorway I designed looks so good.:banghead:

rage2
10-12-2016, 11:13 AM
NikeID is the fucking devil. I've got so many pairs since they started selling them in Canada. I even have shoes that match my car colors. :rofl:

Kaos
10-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by rage2
NikeID is the fucking devil. I've got so many pairs since they started selling them in Canada. I even have shoes that match my car colors. :rofl:

Agreed. Purchased 3 pairs since they started shipping to Canada. The free shipping doesn't help either haha.

I think the turnaround time for NikeID is a lot quicker than what they quote on their site.

shakalaka
10-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Oh fuck...you guys are evil. Speaking praises of the site isn't helping right now. :banghead:

sputnik
10-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
Came in thinking Ultramarine was going to be a futuristic camouflage colored shoe.... left disappointed

Looks like something my grandpa might wear.

EK 2.0
10-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

You can't find these locally. Unless someone sells their pair to The Ave, you won't see them here. Most stores in Calgary, including Foot Locker don't have Quickstrike/Tier One accounts (or good ones anyways) because the accounts are expensive to hold and the market is too small for anything other than Jordans. Mostly because the Calgary scene is mostly comprised of Hypebeasts, kids or people who don't know anything about the footwear culture.

Ultramarine/Infrared has been a staple colorway in Nike footwear since the Air 180 in the 90s. Popular for vintage Nike heads. The Zero pays homage to one of the original colorways that made Nike running popular. It's also a Quickstrike colorway, meaning only available for stores who pay for those accounts, is fairly limited in full size runs and no specific drop date.

DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME A HYPEBEAST!!.....

03ozwhip
10-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I might as well be a grandpa lol NikeID is the shit. sorry Karan I know it's hard to keep out of the sneaks, but once you see something, that's it, looking for more.

I blame JordanEG6.

riander5
10-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Get a pair of flyknit racers instead.

Greatest shoe in the world. I never thought id be able to wear shoes without socks but they are so breathable

Pure platinum FKR releasing soon... doubtful to canada though :cry:

Although.... i wonder what the flyknit airmax zeros are like...

88CRX
10-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by riander5

Greatest shoe in the world. I never thought id be able to wear shoes without socks but they are so breathable

Pure platinum FKR releasing soon... doubtful to canada though :cry:

Although.... i wonder what the flyknit airmax zeros are like...

Make sure you try them on in store before buying. They're very narrow and I find them wobbly feeling. The soles narrow as they go down and you can definitely tell wearing them.

I wanted a pair but passed. AM2016 feel so much better :thumbsup:

shakalaka
10-12-2016, 03:10 PM

I might as well be a grandpa lol NikeID is the shit. sorry Karan I know it's hard to keep out of the sneaks, but once you see something, that's it, looking for more.

I blame JordanEG6.

$160+ Cortez seems overpriced though as they were much cheaper back in the day. But I guess custom. lol

riander5
10-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Make sure you try them on in store before buying. They're very narrow and I find them wobbly feeling. The soles narrow as they go down and you can definitely tell wearing them.

I wanted a pair but passed. AM2016 feel so much better :thumbsup:

Yea I have a pair of 2014 White/Black Black tongue flyknit racers. My nike sizing is a bit odd as in airmax 2016 runners and metcons 10.5 fits like a glove but more casual nikes im an 11. For reference my adidas size is 10.5, NB is 10.5, and asics GL3/5 is 11

I sized up to 11 in the flyknit racers and they are great.. looking at grabbing the oreos, cookies and creams, and pure platinums once i can get some good prices.

Sadly i missed the train on flyknit trainers and dont want to pay 400 USD for DS :(

03ozwhip
10-12-2016, 06:03 PM
I'm definitely going to try them on first, but I'm only interested in these particular ones because of the colorway, it brings me back lol

Dumbass17
10-13-2016, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I was thinking more of a white middle aged man at a BBQ, but I didn't want to be rude :nut:

JordanEG6
10-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by riander5

These are a must.
Not great in old/damp weather, but easily top 5 most comfortable shoes I'd ever had. Throw that up there with Adidas Ultraboosts. :love:

I blame JordanEG6.

Haha I have alot more stuff if interested. Since I've already met you, you're welcome to swing by check out the 'vault' if you have cash to spend on shoes.

Shameless plug here, but I added more stuff in the link on my sig. For anyone who loves the nostalgic stuff. Clicky below :D

EK 2.0
10-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

Shameless plug here, but I added more stuff in the link on my sig. For anyone who loves the nostalgic stuff. Clicky below :D

Why can't you have bigger man sized feet??....I would cop from your vault in a heartbeat...

riander5
10-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Iv never been a jordan fan, except for some jordan 1 colorways. Didnt get into sneakers early enough i suppose.

Well actually i do own a pair of jordan 9 black/red/white golf shoes that i love :D

JordanEG6
10-13-2016, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Why can't you have bigger man sized feet??....I would cop from your vault in a heartbeat...

Cursed with Asian foot size. Curl them toes!