PDA

View Full Version : Online Golf Stores

Phats
03-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Anyone out there know of a good Canadian online golf store, just kinda looking to price out a couple clubs for comparisons sake

Pacman
03-19-2004, 07:13 PM
www.usedclubfinders.com

Based in canada and free shipping!!! I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but have left a voice message inquiring about a certain club and they got back to me right away with info.

Phats
03-19-2004, 07:36 PM
nice, thanks

NickGT
03-19-2004, 08:43 PM
check out www.golonggolf.com. Not sure of the selection, but they also have a forum...

DUBBED
03-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by NickGT
check out www.golonggolf.com. Not sure of the selection, but they also have a forum...

Not exactly premium equipment. Go to GolfTown they have by far the best prices/selection unless you work in the industry and can get stuff for cost. For example I paid $20 more for my 983E brand new than on that first website posted.

switch
03-23-2004, 04:52 PM
hey fellas,

I need new clubs -- irons, driver(s), putter... and I was looking at these irons: http://www.usedclubfinders.com/UsedGolfIrons/Ping/ISI.htm

good deal for used pings?

thanks.

DUBBED
03-23-2004, 06:53 PM
No not really a good deal at all, I got a set of Precept forged cavity back brand new for $500. Those are like 5-6 years old and cast (garbage) if you ask me. I wouldn't spend $400 on them.

DUBBED
03-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Check these out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3667666268&category=18961

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better club. Pretty much identical to what you are looking at but higher quality.

91_Integz
03-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by switch
hey fellas,

I need new clubs -- irons, driver(s), putter... and I was looking at these irons: http://www.usedclubfinders.com/UsedGolfIrons/Ping/ISI.htm

good deal for used pings?

thanks.

To give you an idea i bought those same clubs two years ago for 550 so that price does seem a little high...good clubs though...i like 'em

aftermarket
03-23-2004, 08:02 PM
Give Nevada Bob's a call too. Best service in town (Crowfoot or Signal Hill locations).

Better than Golf Town.:thumbsup:

Phats
03-24-2004, 01:46 PM
you could also look at McGowans Golf, I bought my Wilson Ultra's there used a couple a years ago, I like them lots

switch
03-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Check these out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3667666268&category=18961

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better club. Pretty much identical to what you are looking at but higher quality.

Thanks for the heads up DUBBED, I have found Ping ISI's on ebay for much cheaper -- those are the clubs I like, I had ping eye2s before.

Not a big fan of Taylor Made irons, and those are about $200 over what I want to spend.

DUBBED
03-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah I was just trying to give you an idea of what you're getting into.

Honestly if you're going to buy an older set of clubs buy a forged set. Newer cast clubs are fine.

switch
03-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Yeah I was just trying to give you an idea of what you're getting into.

Honestly if you're going to buy an older set of clubs buy a forged set. Newer cast clubs are fine.

what is wrong with the older cast clubs like the ISI's? they seem to be turning into collectors items.

DUBBED
03-24-2004, 04:01 PM

what is wrong with the older cast clubs like the ISI's? they seem to be turning into collectors items.

ISI Nickel and BeCU are turning into collectors items, not steel. The ISI Nickels are worth more now than when they were first produced just because so few sets were made. My old boss had a set that he almost sold for $2600. Just like the Ping EYE2, the steel versions you can get for cheap as you can see on that website. If you look on ebay the Copper versions are selling for like $800 US.

EDIT: I guess I'm just biased towards forged clubs because they have a more consistent feel, at least compared to the old cast clubs. Which are just way to easy to hit good and are very rarely consistent, it's hard to explain over the internet but the shot pattern of a forged club hit solid ten times will be tighter than the shot pattern of a cast club hit solid ten times.

switch
03-24-2004, 04:10 PM

ISI Nickel and BeCU are turning into collectors items, not steel. The ISI Nickels are worth more now than when they were first produced just because so few sets were made. My old boss had a set that he almost sold for $2600. Just like the Ping EYE2, the steel versions you can get for cheap as you can see on that website. If you look on ebay the Copper versions are selling for like $800 US.

Thats what I was saying, but is there a problem with the steel ones? I heard to watch out for a soft loft angle on used ones?

DUBBED
03-24-2004, 04:14 PM

Thats what I was saying, but is there a problem with the steel ones? I heard to watch out for a soft loft angle on used ones?

You have to watch out for loft/lie on any used clubs. If the previous owner treated them like garbage or just plain sucked and beat the crap out of them when he played they are most likely bent. The first thing I would do with a used set of clubs is take them to a clubmaker and have the loft adjusted back to spec and the lie adjusted to where it's good for you.

And by bent I don't mean the shaft I mean the clubhead itself. It can be fixed but the more you bend a cast club the softer it gets.