PDA

View Full Version : I have mice in my truck

CompletelyNumb
10-12-2016, 05:15 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Found some chewed up paper and poop in my truck, put out two traps. had two mice the same day. Looking for suggestions to get them all (assuming there's more) before the colonize inside every nook and cranny they can find. I'm laying the two traps out again and i put bounce sheets all over the damn cab.

Working up north, confined to location and whatever the nearest town (Peace River) has to offer, so nothing too crazy for ideas.

Any ideas for how they got in? Someone said the air intake for the heater, company man last year found a whole nest in his heater box. I guess it's an issue up here.

roll_over
10-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Become a staff hand and drive one of the silver gm's that the company offers.

Maxt
10-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Its an issue all over Alberta right now. I had one jam up the blower motor and get eviscerated in my jeep srt8s heater. I had to take the heater all apart and wipe the dried guts out with spray nine. One built a big nest in my RX7 out of the sound deadener. I setup traps and caught 2 every day for a week, I invested 150.00 and brought home a Tabby cat from the SPCA, he's been bagging a couple a day for the last month or so. He leaves the heads on the door mat as trophies..
A plumber I know just did a blow out on an acreage well with compressed air because the pump was clogged with mice. He said they blew high pressure air down the casing right at the bottom and then it rained dead, rotten mice for a minute from the geyser....
Its just going to be one of those mice everywhere years because of last years mild winter....
Oh yeah, Bounce doesn't work, they ate the bounce sheets in my car.

CompletelyNumb
10-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by roll_over
Become a staff hand and drive one of the silver gm's that the company offers.

:rofl: I wish.

I found poop on the bounce sheets. Nice.

redline
10-13-2016, 04:59 AM
I hear they don't like Irish spring soap....

But keep everything clean and set out traps and don't park in grass

bjstare
10-13-2016, 07:16 AM
Gross. I suppose I should lay some traps around the garage just in case. It appears there's been mice there in the past, this is our first winter in this house.

R-Audi
10-13-2016, 08:43 AM
I like the sticky traps as opposed to the spring traps... no getting off that sh1t! (Not as humane I suppose)