max_boost
10-20-2016, 12:10 PM
where does this fit in the timeline? bro looks so old

Xtrema
10-20-2016, 12:12 PM
Johnny Cash, fit quite well.

Originally posted by max_boost
where does this fit in the timeline? bro looks so old

Another branch I assume. Not Days of future past/Bryan Singer one.

I'm ok with this, not everything need to be in a cinematic universe.

rx7boi
10-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Not gonna lie, trailer makes it looks pretty terrible so far.

But I agree with Xtrema. Not everything has to follow the cinematic universe or even the comics but I just couldn't get over how they have it relatively modern with all them fancy trucks and henchmen.

Old Man Logan is set in more of a Mad Max kind of future IMO.

The final scene looks like they buried Prof X.

Xtrema
10-20-2016, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi
I just couldn't get over how they have it relatively modern with all them fancy trucks and henchmen.

The last time Wolverine came back from Japan is 2013 and last time we saw Prof-X (Stewart not McAvoy) is 2006. (Not counting the rebooted X-men which is totally a different timeline).

Then this could be the future from that timeline where all badies drives RAM trucks.

rx7boi
10-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Oh well, I was looking forward to hillbilly hulks hahaha

Xtrema
10-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Ok, confirmed this is part of the reboot timeline. Set in 2024, roughly a year after the future Logan returned to in Days of Future Past.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-21-2016, 01:07 PM
Nice, looks like a mashup of Old Man Logan and X-23, I'm down with that. Lack of inbred Hulks will be disappointing but understandable due to the licensing problem.

jacky4566
10-21-2016, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Nice, looks like a mashup of Old Man Logan and X-23, I'm down with that. Lack of inbred Hulks will be disappointing but understandable due to the licensing problem.

I don't expect too much from the Old Man Logan stuff. Its quite NSFW.

If they dont put a CGI monster in the 3rd act ill be happy. Should be a good send off for Hugh.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-21-2016, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566

I don't expect too much from the Old Man Logan stuff. Its quite NSFW.

If they dont put a CGI monster in the 3rd act ill be happy. Should be a good send off for Hugh.

Yeah true, although Logan is getting an R rating. The director tweeted a page from the screenplay that included this aside:

Now might be a good time to talk about the ‘fights’ described in the next 100 or so pages. Basically, if you’re on the make for a hyper choreographed, gravity defying, city-block destroying CG fuckathon, this aint your movie.

In this flick, people will get hurt or killed when shit falls on them. They will get just as hurt or just as killed if they get hit with something big and heavy like, say, a car. Should anyone in our story have the misfortune to fall off a roof or out a window, they won’t bounce. They will die.

So I'm cautiously optimistic.

89coupe
01-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Latest trailer

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=9ua6E8eUP5I

firebane
01-19-2017, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Latest trailer

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=9ua6E8eUP5I

:eek:

ermagherd so excited

benyl
01-19-2017, 10:05 PM
interesting that the word fuck is used twice in a public trailer let alone in the movie. I keep forgetting that X-men isn't part of Disney.

Xtrema
01-19-2017, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by benyl
interesting that the word fuck is used twice in a public trailer let alone in the movie. I keep forgetting that X-men isn't part of Disney.

All thanks to Deadpool, excited

89coupe
01-19-2017, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by benyl

The movie is Rated R

And that is the redband trailer.

Ca_Silvia13
01-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

The movie is Rated R

And that is the redband trailer.

I heard that the studio was adamant that this movie was going to be rated R for the last wolverine movie.

beecue
03-03-2017, 11:43 PM
Well that's probably my favourite Fox Marvel movie to date. Definitely a must see.

How does Prof X kill the rest of the mutants? Seizure?

drtoohotty1
03-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by beecue
Well that's probably my favourite Fox Marvel movie to date. Definitely a must see.

How does Prof X kill the rest of the mutants? Seizure?

My best guess is he lost control due to his degenerative neurological issue and had a repeat of what he did in the first xmen movie where he managed to paralyze all the muntants but this time much worse as no one was there to stop him

CompletelyNumb
03-04-2017, 11:17 AM
So damn awesome. Wolverine was meant to be R rated.

Inzane
03-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Are you missing anything important if you haven't watched the last one ("The Wolverine") before you see this one?

beecue
03-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Not really since timeline was reset in XMen.

Xtrema
03-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
So damn awesome. Wolverine was meant to be R rated.

Damn right. Took them 9 movies to get him right.

Originally posted by Inzane
Are you missing anything important if you haven't watched the last one ("The Wolverine") before you see this one?

This one is almost a stand alone story. There are a few references to characters in older movies but you don't have to watch any old X-Men movies.

Gritty story and good action aside, I have to say I got chills for a movie written in 2015, shot in 2016 and how fitting the theme is for 2017 and a Trumpified USA.

Mutants = Mexicans and they are all coming to Canada via North Dakota :eek:

georgemagana
03-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Best Xmen movie up to date for me!

JordanEG6
03-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Inzane

According to show runners, it's a 'reboot' Wolverine movie taken place years beyond X-Men Apocalypse. So basically pretend "The Wolverine" And "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" didn't exist.

Being it's the last time we see Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman as Prof. X/Wolverine, it'd be the right thing to do if Fox played nice and let the MCU take the characters. Otherwise, it'd be a waste.

http://screenrant.com/if-x-men-were-in-mcu-hugh-jackman-would-keep-playing-wolverine/

Wishful thinking, but I doubt it. It'd be nice if the X-Men were part of the Infinity War.

Buster
03-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Naw. Marvel movies are glorified saturday morning cartoons. It's nice that Fox is doing what they are doing.

austic
03-06-2017, 11:46 AM
What a fantastic movie. loved they put the after credit scene before the movie as it would not work after the movie.

max_boost
03-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Excellent movie. Absolutely fantastic!

89coupe
03-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Definitely not a movie for kids. Ultra violent.

I enjoyed it, the ending fell a little flat, but overall decent.

Brent.ff
03-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by austic
What a fantastic movie. loved they put the after credit scene before the movie as it would not work after the movie.

Totally, at least they realised that the after-credit shit would have ruined the feeling at the end..

good movie. Wednesdays at Shawnessy theatres are the best ($30 = 2 tickets, 2 pops, candy and popcorn..and maybe a dozen people in there)

Also...where in north dakota is the desert that extends to canada!?

rx7boi
03-09-2017, 02:47 PM
I still chuckled when Logan had to take the elevator up to....you know.

That's what, a 3-5 minute ordeal? Haha.

:rofl: if the elevator door shut on him before he could get out.

muffzz
03-10-2017, 12:13 PM
One of my favorite movies of 2017 so far and my favorite x-men movie to date. The story had a perfect flow to it. Highly recommend to watch this in theatres.

It is Rated-R but there were lots of kids present which isn't the best idea.

The movie hits you in the feels
:eek:

C_Dave45
03-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Think I might go see it this afternoon.

Wondering if it's worth the half hour drive up to Country Hills to watch it in the reclining seats.
They sure LOOK amazing!! Worth it?

Marsh
03-11-2017, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Wondering if it's worth the half hour drive up to Country Hills to watch it in the reclining seats.

I live about 10 minutes away from the Country hills theatre, and honestly I'll never watch a movie anywhere else. Those seats are delightful. I watched a movie not too long ago at Chinook, and it was so shit. I was just longing for the recliner seats at country.

lamp_shade_2000
03-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Completely worth the drive. I live down near McKenzie town and I drove up there when I want to see something in theatre.

C_Dave45
03-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Marsh

I live about 10 minutes away from the Country hills theatre, and honestly I'll never watch a movie anywhere else. Those seats are delightful. I watched a movie not too long ago at Chinook, and it was so shit. I was just longing for the recliner seats at country.

Originally posted by lamp_shade_2000

Completely worth the drive. I live down near McKenzie town and I drove up there when I want to see something in theatre.
Awesome, thanks. Just purchased 4 tix for an afternoon show.

gwill
03-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Went to see this on thursday. My friend kept saying he would leave.. he absolutely hated it. For myself it came across as a chick flick.

OTown
03-11-2017, 08:50 PM
I couldn't believe how dark it was. I was expecting a bit of a different end but I actually quite enjoyed that. There were some moments that I almost fell asleep though. All in all decent.

RickDaTuner
03-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Went to see it yesterday, and thought it was a nice change for the Wolverine, and Professor X

Even though this story arc is pulled from the comics, it really felt like the studios were just giving way to the next generation of actors by killing everyone off - so as to start from a clean slate.
I also felt that the movie would have been more impactfull if it were done in a two part saga.
1st to explain the death of all the mutants.
2nd to develop the relationship with Logan and Laura.

I also wished I had waited for it to come to home release, because sitting at the theaters listening to 20 somethings argue about every scene during the entire movie was something I could have gone without, not to mention the pre and post analysis of everything they had read on reddit...

C'mon Hollywood, just let us watch new releases at home already... Charge me $60 to watch it on my 4k tv with surround, and I would be all smiles.

:drama:

Xtrema
03-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Went to see it yesterday, and thought it was a nice change for the Wolverine, and Professor X

Even though this story arc is pulled from the comics, it really felt like the studios were just giving way to the next generation of actors by killing everyone off - so as to start from a clean slate.
I also felt that the movie would have been more impactfull if it were done in a two part saga.
1st to explain the death of all the mutants.
2nd to develop the relationship with Logan and Laura.

I also wished I had waited for it to come to home release, because sitting at the theaters listening to 20 somethings argue about every scene during the entire movie was something I could have gone without, not to mention the pre and post analysis of everything they had read on reddit...

C'mon Hollywood, just let us watch new releases at home already... Charge me $60 to watch it on my 4k tv with surround, and I would be all smiles.

:drama:

original script calls for an exposition opening on the Winchester incident but director it is more powerful to leave that for the imagination of viewer instead. But I can understand why the studio wants that scene because half the people didn't get it that Prof X killed them.

End of the day, this is a art house film more than your typical comic film. I probably won't appreciate it as much in my 20s than now.

RickDaTuner
03-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

original script calls for an exposition opening on the Winchester incident but director it is more powerful to leave that for the imagination of viewer instead. But I can understand why the studio wants that scene because half the people didn't get it that Prof X killed them.

End of the day, this is a art house film more than your typical comic film. I probably won't appreciate it as much in my 20s than now.

Omitting the Winchester incident scene sounds more like creative cost cutting if you ask me. Not having to pay a few key actors saved them tons of money I'm sure.
It's really too bad because it would have really set the tone and cemented the theme for entire movie, it would have made the X children's plight more meaningful, and Proffesor Xs death garner more feels.

Going back to my original thought that it should have been a pair of films

But knowing Hollywood, and the fact that Wolverine is immortal, there's a strong chance he'll be back...

klumsy_tumbler
03-13-2017, 09:19 AM
I really liked it, and how it deviated from the typical "made for the masses" superhero movies in that it was pretty true to the story arc from the comics.

Also, is it just me, or is gwill's take on the movie :confused: :confused: :confused:

freshprince1
03-13-2017, 09:20 AM
As someone who read countless Wolverine comics growing up in the 90's...they finally made a "Wolverine" movie! Great movie. Poetic ending....

...in the end the only one that could kill Wolverine, was himself. And, he died in the arms of his daughter, finally experiencing love. So good.

Kg810
03-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by klumsy_tumbler

Also, is it just me, or is gwill's take on the movie :confused: :confused: :confused:

+1

Anything with feelings = chick flick :dunno:

gwill
03-13-2017, 10:36 AM

The trailer looked interesting enough that i wanted to see it and a co worker mentioned he loved the movie with all the action in it except imo it wasnt very good and lacked the action i thought it would have. Its definitely one of those movies you should catch at home.

Perhaps if id been a crazy super hero fan my view would have been different but im not.

For a chick flick i'd give it a 7/10..

Xtrema
03-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by gwill

The trailer looked interesting enough that i wanted to see it and a co worker mentioned he loved the movie with all the action in it except imo it wasnt very good and lacked the action i thought it would have. Its definitely one of those movies you should catch at home.

Perhaps if id been a crazy super hero fan my view would have been different but im not.

For a chick flick i'd give it a 7/10..

Exactly what I would say if I were 18 year old again.

C_Dave45
03-13-2017, 01:12 PM

:werd:

Yeah, when I see a movie with multiple beheadings, murder victims with swords through their skulls , 12 year old girls mutilating and killing grown men, armoured vehicles getting blown up, my first thoughts are: "pfft...chick flick"

:rolleyes:

RickDaTuner
03-13-2017, 01:42 PM

:werd:

Yeah, when I see a movie with multiple beheadings, murder victims with swords through their skulls , 12 year old girls mutilating and killing grown men, armoured vehicles getting blown up, my first thoughts are: "pfft...chick flick"

:rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gwill
03-13-2017, 04:14 PM
the movies over 2 hours with a few minutes worth of fight scenes.. cool fight scenes but its a Long drawn out story filled in with the occassional killing.

Brent.ff
03-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Gwill, what did you think of Hardcore Henry?