PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run on 17th

soupey
10-22-2016, 09:23 AM
Shot in the dark, but last night on 17th my sister's car was side swiped while parked outside of Philosafy Cafe. It's a busy area but nobody left a note or anything. It happened between 10-12 pm. If anyone saw it or is aware of any cameras that may have been pointed in that direction, please let me know.

the damage...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19376705/jag/1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19376705/jag/2.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19376705/jag/3.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19376705/jag/4.jpg

Also, to the cop cruiser who didn't stop when I was waving you down. I usually am in support of the police, but a big royal FU for driving past and completely ignoring me while staring at the car's damage.

Thaco
10-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by soupey
Also, to the cop cruiser who didn't stop when I was waving you down. I usually am in support of the police, but a big royal FU for driving past and completely ignoring me while staring at the car's damage.

Shitty situation for sure i hope you can find a witness, but honestly, what did you expect him to do? the same thing the desk can do at the local shop? i am sure a mobile unit has things a little higher priority than a cold property damage report.

zhao
10-22-2016, 03:15 PM
Put it through insurance and enjoy paying your deductible. The cops dont care about hit and runs.

Also, make a mental note to yourself (and your sister and everyone she knows should do the same) that if you ever witness anyone do a hit and run you should chase after the person who did the hit and run to grab their plate # or whatever need be done to bring them to justice.

Same goes for anyone who gives someone a free pass because they got caught. If someone tried to get away and you some how have a witness or whatever, do not give them a free pass by letting them carry on like it's just a normal accident they didn't flee from. They will do it again, and again, and get away with it almost every single time.

Why people hit and run is because most people do not think it's a big deal... but i'm looking at over 5g in damage there. That car needs the fender, mirror and door changed and the rear door painted. there is potentially other damage too, like the headlight could have a broken tab, or the bumper needs to be replaced. maybe the wheel was hit.

soupey
10-22-2016, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

Shitty situation for sure i hope you can find a witness, but honestly, what did you expect him to do? the same thing the desk can do at the local shop? i am sure a mobile unit has things a little higher priority than a cold property damage report.

They were at the thi thi earlier right up the street, I just saw them turn left and they made eye contact, slowed down, looked at everything and then just kept going while I was trying to waving my hands for help - if it were more serious and they drove by, would it make it more wrong?. I would expect them to at least stop and assist or advise. Like I said, this is one of the few negative experiences I've had with police. It is what it is now. Just hoping to find a witness. Busy area for someone not to have seen it happen...

Thaco
10-22-2016, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by soupey

They were at the thi thi earlier right up the street, I just saw them turn left and they made eye contact, slowed down, looked at everything and then just kept going while I was trying to waving my hands for help - if it were more serious and they drove by, would it make it less wrong?. I would expect them to at least stop and assist or advise. Like I said, this is one of the few negative experiences I've had with police. It is what it is now. Just hoping to find a witness. Busy area for someone not to have seen it happen... if it were more serious they would have gotten the 911 call, i get it that it sucks, but they couldn't have done anything. just like the other guy said, i hope you have comprehensive because there's about a 1% chance that anybody who saw it actually got enough evidence/description to track the person down.

Mitsu3000gt
10-22-2016, 03:48 PM
What is more concerning is that the cops didn't even check when you were waving them down - for all they knew you were alerting them of a crime-in-progress, or someone getting assaulted around the corner.

OP, there is a 0% chance of this getting resolved the way you want it to - sorry. Pay the deductible and move on, as much as that sucks. This has happened to me and people I know several times now, it's just a super shitty situation that becomes 100% your problem.

JohnnyHockey
10-22-2016, 04:18 PM
That's a pretty nice car not to have comprehensive on.. :dunno:

Disoblige
10-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
That's a pretty nice car not to have comprehensive on.. :dunno:
Where did you get that info? Just from Thaco's hopes? Lol.

Zhao Kan
10-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Comprehensive is fire theft vandalism etc.

Hit and runs fall under collision with almost every insurance company in every instance.

relyt92
10-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Zhao Kan
Comprehensive is fire theft vandalism etc.

Hit and runs fall under collision with almost every insurance company in every instance. :werd: Will still cost OP their $500 or $1000 collision deductible if nobody gets caught.

AE92_TreunoSC
10-22-2016, 06:49 PM
You really do park at your own risk on that street. I typically park on the back roads if I'm in my nice vehicle.

Hopefully someone reported him or witnessed it.

soupey
10-23-2016, 02:39 PM
it is covered, high deductible tho.

looks like someone did call in a hit and run when it happened, the police are looking into it now, but the plate doesn't match the paint transfer on the damage - may have been a stolen vehicle. I'll update once I find out more.