PDA

View Full Version : Migraines

89coupe
10-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Has anyone been experiencing migraines yesterday and today?

Ever since my sinus surgery I've gotten 3. Yesterday and today has been horrible. Completely fucking me over.

Wondering if it's just me or if others have experienced this today and yesterday. Curious if it's related to weather.

ercchry
10-24-2016, 04:32 PM
Sinus migraines for sure can be caused by weather... had a coworker that suffered from them, he had a solution that worked for him but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

I get seasonal migraines once the chinooks start rolling in, they suck!

Zhariak
10-24-2016, 04:54 PM
I suffer horribly from migraines, weather is one of my triggers.

However I've been pretty lucky that the weather systems haven't triggered any in the last week or so.

One thing I have noticed is clicking/pressure in my head which is no doubt caused by the pressure changes. Usually a migraine follows, but fingers crossed, so far: no sign! :)

danno
10-24-2016, 07:23 PM
I'm weather related as well. I had one last week that knocked me out. Nothing yet the week. Once the chinooks start up I'll get them typically 2 days before it starts and the day after it leaves.

jwslam
10-25-2016, 07:31 AM
Damn y'all are contagious.
Never had one as bad as last night where I actually had to take an advil...

theken
10-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Have you guys tried cbd/thc oil for headaches and migraines?

klumsy_tumbler
10-25-2016, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
Damn y'all are contagious.
Never had one as bad as last night where I actually had to take an advil...

Do you normally just suffer through without taking anything? I can't imagine trying that haha

If I don't catch mine early enough, it's almost a guarantee that I'm going to be spending the night on the bathroom floor (nice cold tile) with a blanket getting sick intermittently.

I can't take anything stronger than an extra-strength tylenol/advil, personally, but I have found that the following help if the signs are caught early enough:
- Willow Bark (I've found that the "natural" Gravol has this in it, actually)
- Caffeine
- Grape Juice (not sweetened)

Luckily, I haven't actually gotten any recently. Probably just jinxed myself now though...

tonytiger55
10-25-2016, 08:47 AM
I've not had any for a while.

Grape juice... interesting I will have to try that next time.

My go to used to be a heaving dose of Aspirin (900mg) if caught early. That does not work any more.
I found that drinking a Rockstar/Monster energy drink works.

Originally posted by klumsy_tumbler

Do you normally just suffer through without taking anything? I can't imagine trying that haha

If I don't catch mine early enough, it's almost a guarantee that I'm going to be spending the night on the bathroom floor (nice cold tile) with a blanket getting sick intermittently.

I can't take anything stronger than an extra-strength tylenol/advil, personally, but I have found that the following help if the signs are caught early enough:
- Willow Bark (I've found that the "natural" Gravol has this in it, actually)
- Caffeine
- Grape Juice (not sweetened)

Luckily, I haven't actually gotten any recently. Probably just jinxed myself now though...