PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Restaurant suggestions for after funeral

bh87
10-27-2016, 08:47 AM
My wife's grandma passed away this week and the funeral is confirmed for this Saturday (on 4th street NW). We are trying to find a Chinese restaurant (not western style Chinese) that will accommodate 50-60 people, looking for around 2pm if possible.

The list of places I am going to call today are:
U & Me
Ho Wan
Regency Palace
Central Grande

Location isn't that important, just need somewhere that can fit everyone and has good food.

Any other suggestions?

jwslam
10-27-2016, 09:10 AM
Not sure on hours for any of these; suggesting these on the location basis of avoiding downtown for parking purposes

Ginger Beef Country Hills
Edgemont City
Shanghai Classic
Grand Pearl
Empress Palace
Golden Central

bh87
10-27-2016, 09:52 AM
Thanx for the suggestions I hadn't thought of the parking scenario, I will give those places a call too.

Xtrema
10-27-2016, 03:09 PM
4th St NW cemetery means Central Grand is your best bet since it's only a few mins drive away.

2pm should be close to end of dim sum rush. 60 people = 6 big tables and they may be even able to accommodate you on the right side of restaurant and make it semi-private.

Parking could be an issue tho since the parking lot isn't huge and the it's a mall/grocery store beneath so it's always busy with traffic. Some of you may have to make do with street parking.

Originally posted by jwslam
Not sure on hours for any of these; suggesting these on the location basis of avoiding downtown for parking purposes

Ginger Beef Country Hills
Edgemont City
Shanghai Classic
Grand Pearl
Empress Palace
Golden Central

Out of this list:

Ginger Beef Country Hill, futhest drive of the list but parking is ample.

Edgemont City, parking can also been an issue. It's in a small street mall.

Shanghai Classic, may have enough seats for 60, but 10 to a table may be hard to accommodate. It's under new owner, food isn't great before and it's worse now by my taste.

Golden Central, probably just as good as Grand Central and also very close. Parking could be better because they are basically the only one using the 30 spot lot next to them.

Some restaurants may do funeral reception menu, ask for them. I have only been to 2 ever but I didn't arrange them. Because sometimes these funeral reception may require different chefs that may not show up until dinner time.

bh87
10-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Thanx very much for the replies!

We ended up booking at Ginger Beef Country Hills, they offered a 7 course menu (special for funeral reception) for tables of 10 and were really accommodating for such a last minute request. Also, the parking shouldn't be an issue and more than half of the family lives in or near Panorama so location is good too.