PDA

View Full Version : Type R's.. acura or honda wheels?

izzoblitzo
03-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, Im not very keen on my integra Type R models.. but a guy at work has a white one with white honda wheels (even though its an acura integra). And I drove by another white one on the way home.. noticed it had white acura wheels..

something suspicious perhaps, or just different year/edition models?

Thanks for clearing it up guys. :)

lam-boy
03-19-2004, 11:39 PM
might be "JDM" Honda integra wheels.

CivicDXR
03-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy
might be "JDM" Honda integra wheels.

ya, what he said....

Acura is a North America only brand, an upscale division on Honda... these was done to compete with the upscale brands available here by the domestic car makers (Lincoln, Cadillac, etc.). Infiniti (div. of Nissan), and Lexus (div. of Toyota) are the same type of deal, only available in North America...

The cars on the other hand are just the same everywhere else, with the exception of different names and different motors...

The Acura RSX we have here is still a Honda Integra everywhere else in the world, same with the Lexus IS300 (Toyota Altezza), and the Infiniti G35 (Nissan Skyline)...

So after blabbing all that, I think an Integra with Honda wheels is cool, its not like its wrong... and yah, depending on the type of wheel that was on this Integra, it very well could've been a JDM wheel...

:banghead: forget it, I talk to much.... time to go to sleep...

izzoblitzo
03-20-2004, 01:49 AM
ooh.. cool!

He bought his car like two years ago.. had to drive out to fort mcmurray to get it. Its white, got those white honda wheels.. the interior is all red (it came stock like that) I just didnt know they had different wheels... I always knew that they didnt have acura over in Japan, but just thought it was interesting to see the differences in wheels on the same car. :eek:

Ferio_vti
03-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Do Type R's have center caps (I forget)?? If so, he could have just swapped the Acura for Honda caps.

crazydriver
03-20-2004, 11:30 PM
hmm i don't think they did.... o well i wish i could have fum jdm wheel on mine... :rolleyes:

redx2nv
03-21-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by crazydriver
hmm i don't think they did.... o well i wish i could have fum jdm wheel on mine... :rolleyes:

Yes, they do come with centre caps with the "A" symbol on them.

CKY
03-21-2004, 04:05 PM
i thought "real" type R's don't exist in canada :confused: guess im wrong

Chester
03-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by CKY

Don't know where you got that idea:dunno:

Ferio_vti
03-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by CKY

Where have you been for the last 5 years??
See redx2nv's sig.

Seanith
03-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Where have you been for the last 5 years??
See redx2nv's sig.

Probably just been eating too many retard sandwiches.

:dunno:

btw, for the original poster, why don't just ask the guy whats the deal if you do work with him? unless if they came like that with the car?

izzoblitzo
03-21-2004, 07:06 PM
I have, I parked my cavalier next to him, and he thought it was an eclipse at first. :D hahaha

he drove outta town to buy it, and it came like that. I always thought the type r's came with honda wheels.. just another thing that made the type r special. I thought that was always the case, until I drove by one with acura wheels.. my first thought was it was a fake type r.

Seanith
03-21-2004, 11:50 PM
yeah ITRs = acura CENTER CAPS :)