PDA

View Full Version : Which 2010 era sports luxury sedan would you choose to live with?

Pages : [1] 2

ercchry
11-18-2016, 05:14 PM
Damn it flipstah! I'm having bad ideas thanks to his latest purchase... which car would you pick to live with in this "class" if you will? Best combo of up front cost, and longer term (2-3 year) maintenance and resale?

S4, or 6

These just seem dated, old audis scary me in general... seem expensive for their stats vs what else is available?

E63 or C63

I think between the two I like the e63 more, seems like the most luxurious of all the options... if the airmatic is the biggest issue that's not a huge deal with having aftermarket replacements available, in the form of either coils or replacement bags

C63 seems to hold its value much better than the e, and has a much higher chance of being driven hard vs the e, which appealed more to the mature enthusiast

M5 or 3

M5 just seems like a massive bargain, smg is a bit scary but apparently not as rampant of a problem as the Internet suggests

M3, sedan... 6spd... it appeals to the race car driver in me, m3's hold value extremely well... but looking at the current market they seem to be about $10k more than a comparable m5... which value wise seems a bit tough to swallow

Infiniti and Lexus just isn't doing it for me for lack of performance and being bland. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Lexus... but if it's not my LS430 I will just be nitpicking the shit out of it for not being as awesome (thought about a LS460, but I like the cockpit of the 430 more)

Panamera's are getting closer in price... but still can't get over the looks of them... and that's still like $10-20k more than the above cars... and getting close to the price of a Bentley of this era... and I mean if you're gonna do it, go full retard right?! :rofl:

What else am I forgetting about? Basically I want a combo of luxury, sport, decent size, and 0-60 in the 5 second range

flipstah
11-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Don't blame this on me.

ercchry
11-18-2016, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Don't blame this on me.

Oh, it's happening!!!

One day I'm thinking about leasing an S3, or an is350 then boom... impure thoughts thanks to you! :D

JohnnyHockey
11-18-2016, 05:31 PM
5 second range? G37 sedan but I'm biased...:D ...all those others you listed are either maintenance and repair nightmares and/or too pretentious.

ercchry
11-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
5 second range? G37 sedan but I'm biased...:D ...all those others you listed are either maintenance and repair nightmares and/or too pretentious.

I'm in sales now... pretentious is the name of the game unfortunately... but "nightmare" needs to be defined, since everyone has a different perspective on it. Also since most of these cars listed are not roaming around in mass quantities you have to wonder how much if this is experience from owners and technicians and how much is just blatant hearsay?

Also over my driving career I have owned a lot of questionable vehicles... so for me anything under $5k a year in unforeseen issues isn't a big deal for me. Hell, at one point that was just my tire budget :cry:

Redlined_8000
11-18-2016, 05:41 PM
C63 AMG!

K3RMiTdot
11-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Panamera, but I'm one of the few that like it :)

JohnnyHockey
11-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Hmmm if you're in sales why not go more upscale and get a luxury SUV like an X5M or Cayenne and have more room for your clients?

schocker
11-18-2016, 05:46 PM
I was looking at a Golf R, but now I am hesitant and have been looking at ~2013 335 x-drives. Current gen, lots of power, nice overall. S4 would be previous gen now and that interior was very old. Nice years ago but not now with the new one out. C400/450 would be a great choice also, but not as many to choose from and also you might find a 400 for a good price then really want what the 450 added.

ercchry
11-18-2016, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
Hmmm if you're in sales why not go more upscale and get a luxury SUV like an X5M or Cayenne and have more room for your clients?

I've thought about it, but the last time I tried to live with an suv as a daily... it didn't last very long. My back up vehicle will probably be a gx460 or something though... but the wife will use it as a daily since she likes trucks and SUVs

Type_S1
11-18-2016, 05:51 PM
C63 AMG or Audi RS4 (S4 has various engine problems not present in the RS4) if you are a driving enthusiast. Have done a ton of research on this segment of cars and those two are far and above their peer group. I hate infiniti's...they aren't fun to drive and feel cheaply made, and M3/M5 have more maintenance issues from what I've seen then the merc or audi counterpart but are equally enjoyably driving. The lexus is like an upgraded corolla...it is not a driver's car but is comfortable to cruise around in.

danno
11-18-2016, 05:53 PM
I'd take the c63 or e63. After owning a rs4 and now golf r I miss the old v8 power and luxury car feel. I'm always on the lookout for one of them but I'd get a 2012 c63 if I did. Still outta my budget is a 2015+ m3, I love the lines of that car.

A2VR6
11-18-2016, 05:55 PM
E9X M3 hands down. Best driving experience imho. I had one for 5 years (4 of them out of warranty) and didnt have any issues with it.

Strider
11-18-2016, 06:11 PM
XF-R / RS?
I know nothing about them, they seem inexpensive in their class, but maybe deservedly so.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Jaguar/XF/Calgary/Alberta/5_27865100_20130502130145899/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=16_15_55

ercchry
11-18-2016, 06:14 PM
^^i think the rule of thumb is to avoid anything Jordan Lotoski has owned... till you make Lotoski money :rofl:

flipstah
11-18-2016, 06:21 PM
V10. Done. E60

ercchry
11-18-2016, 06:27 PM
V10. Done. E60

It really is the most value option... was also the fastest out of all of them... mid-sized, which won't be as much of a shock coming from the land yacht

That and the e63 have my attention the most, cause I do like luxury a lot... but $10k difference. Worth it? Dunno... I'm familiar with the previous gen e63 and the sls and enjoyed both, but no experience with the bmw cars outside of the one time I rode shotgun in a 335i coupe

Then the inner child in me say M3!!!!! Because track!!! Plus the woman can't drive manual :poosie:

flipstah
11-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Test drive the v10 and YOLO

ercchry
11-18-2016, 06:34 PM
Test drive the v10 and YOLO

Yeah, going to give the truck a few days to try and sell privately... if not then I'll start looking since it will just get traded in for whatever I end up with

90_Shelby
11-18-2016, 06:38 PM
CTS V

:closed:

JustinL
11-18-2016, 07:40 PM
I'm looking for something in the same segment and came up with the same list as you. I think the 3.0T in the S4 is a pretty good engine. It seems to be in everything and I haven't heard any horror stories about it. M3 seems great too, but I'm going with AWD this time around. Panameras are amazing everywhere except the roof line. Prices are still high on them.

dirtsniffer
11-18-2016, 08:25 PM
I'd buy a Pontiac g8 gxp..

Fuck luxury lol. Take the cash and supercharge it!

Think of the luxury being have to import it, cause only 6 were sold in canada.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/683089336/overview/?aff=aol&CMP=aol

Luxury price to match.

RealJimmyJames
11-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Had the G8 GT as a rental once, fucking amazing, if you hated yourself. Fast and loud. Perfect.
Assume the GXP was +1 to all that.

NRGie
11-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Have you looked into the 2012+ E550 ? V8 TT AWD

I think with a Renntech tune you can get it up to 480-500ish?

rage2
11-18-2016, 11:12 PM
About that M5...

http://jalopnik.com/what-its-really-like-to-own-and-operate-a-v10-bmw-m5-ev-1788425917

rage2
11-18-2016, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by NRGie
Have you looked into the 2012+ E550 ? V8 TT AWD

I think with a Renntech tune you can get it up to 480-500ish?
Even OEM it was as fast as an E63 6.2L at our elevation. I had the CLS550 with the same engine and it was awesome.

roopi
11-18-2016, 11:28 PM
M5 for sure (if it had warranty or I cleared a million a year)

flipstah
11-18-2016, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by rage2
About that M5...

http://jalopnik.com/what-its-really-like-to-own-and-operate-a-v10-bmw-m5-ev-1788425917

That was the articlearticle that steered me away from buying one. The upkeep was daunting.

ercchry
11-18-2016, 11:59 PM
About that M5...

Is it weird that this makes me want it more? :rofl:

Is there potential for huge bills? Yup... but it seems like the issues are well sorted by now and preventable by replacing certain things every xxxxxkms... so if you can do all of the preventative maintenance for less than the cost difference between the m5 and any of the other cars (around $10k) then it seems like it will be the most rewarding car... we'll see what happens, bring a pro with me to make the most educated decision

flipstah
11-19-2016, 01:25 AM
Do it

beyond_ban
11-19-2016, 02:29 AM
For what it is worth, my brother drove an 06 M5 from 40,xxx to 65,xxx kms and didn't have a single issue. Basic upkeep is obviously more on a car that MSRP'd at 120k, but it was really solid. He just made sure to wait until the right one came along that was well cared for, and it in turn was nice back to him.

R154
11-19-2016, 03:01 AM
I have owned a 3L A4 all sport, v8 s4, v8 rs4 and a 3.2L all road. The 05 A4 was the least expensive to own. All of them I meticulously maintained. I still have my a4 for winter duty. Rs4 was the most worrisome. I got rid of it quickly.

I have been tempted to look at an rs5. But with the new e63 coming, I might try to snag a 12 e63.

Honestly, as long as the previous owner was meticulous (old white/asian) these cars seem to last.

They aren't not built to be bagged on like an civic Si.

I would not hesitate to get into a maintained s4. Probably the most cost effective/fun of the cars I've been in. With some help I did the major 100k service myself.

I think the c63 is a wonderful platform, but save for an e550 and a c300, I've never really owned a merc.

I will field an outside choice of looking at a blutec Benz for mileage.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-19-2016, 08:45 AM
M5! Dooooo it.

Hopefully you can get more money for your truck too, sorry I couldn't help you out.

bjstare
11-19-2016, 09:24 AM
I've shopped around in this sector for a while.

C63
Pros - The sound that car makes is incredible. Simple, but nice interior. Great car, and I regret test driving one because I liked it so much.

Cons - head bolt problem til 2010, valve lifter (I think, someone can correct me though) problem in all C63 engines. Apparently if the valve problem happens, you are in for a massive bill, and since this is on all M156 the C63 is a no from me. Another kinda-con is you need to pay out for a P31 package to get a mechanical LSD (like seriously?), which comes with multi-piece rotors that are more expensive to replace

S4
Stay away from V8 S4 and RS4, those engines eat themselves. Google it if you haven't. I looked into the 3.0T S4, and apparently the DSG and Sport Diff have reasonably common problems (and from what I've read, you want this car with DSG and Sport Diff options)

S6
Strongly suggest you look into a V10 S6 (2006-2011). I did lots of research on those, and couldn't find any catastrophic failure type things, apparently when maintained they're quite reliable. A bit of a boat, but V10!!

M3
A E9X M3 is high on the list for me, I've heard these are reasonably reliable but there is occasional problems with the internals (piston rings maybe? or I could be off base. might be something entirely different. but I know there's a problem).

M5
V10 M5 would be near the top of the list, but the SMG (thanks flipstah) Is not something I'd want to replace. And I looked into a 6MT version, but did some digging and it turns out the car was never designed for a MT, and it was put in as an afterthought and it shows. It's not as nice to drive apparently, and you can't disable TC completely. Out of principle, that would drive me crazy.

Is there a reason you don't want an ISF? Apparently they're bulletproof, albeit a little small in the backseat.

Also, I haven't been able to find anything noteworthy to complain about on the CTS V. That would be a nice car to have, as long as you got one with the recaro interior so you aren't riding on a sofa.

Post what you get in here, I'm jealous!

edit: If you are getting extended warranty, any of those cars would be a good choice IMO. I'd probably lean to the C63 or M5, personally, but I'd like to own any of them. V8 S4 would probably be the bottom, it's a bit of a pig and slow unless you get RS4 (from what I've heard).

R154
11-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Go drive a v8 s4. Especially in winter. Rs4 is massively disappointing.

J-hop
11-19-2016, 09:55 AM
^ I have a huge soft spot for the v8 s4s. By "eat themselves" do you mean the chain tensioners going? That is a common "nightmare" repair on them and a lot of people ditch them when that time comes as it's an expensive repair if you don't turn wrenches (I think something like 20+hrs labour plus a couple grand in parts)

But that kind of comes with the territory though. I think a lot of people believe they car afford a high end car a few years old as the prices (payments) have come down so much but they forget the repair costs don't depreciate with time.

bjstare
11-19-2016, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by R154
Go drive a v8 s4. Especially in winter. Rs4 is massively disappointing.

So is it actually a good drive? How about in the summer? I just think with not much power, in a 3500lb AWD car, dry roads would be a little blah. I'd be interested in driving one, but I don't want to waste a salesmans time on a test if I have no intention of buying it haha.

Originally posted by J-hop
^ I have a huge soft spot for the v8 s4s. By "eat themselves" do you mean the chain tensioners going? That is a common "nightmare" repair on them and a lot of people ditch them when that time comes as it's an expensive repair if you don't turn wrenches (I think something like 20+hrs labour plus a couple grand in parts)

But that kind of comes with the territory though. I think a lot of people believe they car afford a high end car a few years old as the prices (payments) have come down so much but they forget the repair costs don't depreciate with time.

No the chain tensioner maintenance is entirely different. It's a noteworthy expense, but I wouldn't call it a catastrophic failure type issue, and since you can plan for the cost, it isn't as big of a deal.

By eat themselves, I mean the cylinder walls are very easily scored, and it's quite common for this to happen. Once it happens, you're in for a massive repair bill (I want to say new engine, but that seems ridiculous, and I don't have time to look it up). IIRC this actually happened to a beyond member at some point. Bought a used S4 in Edmonton, and it had low oil by the time he reached Red Deer. Topped it up, had low oil again by Calgary (or something like that).

flipstah
11-19-2016, 10:07 AM
The E60 is SMG, which is not DCT. The cool part is that you have to pretend you're driving stick: let go of the throttle, shift, then gas again. Without a clutch pedal.

Its weird but so good. It would definitely send me to the poor house on gas costs alone!

bjstare
11-19-2016, 10:09 AM
The E60 is SMG, which is not DCT. The cool part is that you have to pretend you're driving stick: let go of the throttle, shift, then gas again. Without a clutch pedal.

Its weird but so good. It would definitely send me to the poor house on gas costs alone!

Ah yes SMG. For some reason, I couldn't think of the right acronym when I was typing that post.

flipstah
11-19-2016, 10:20 AM
Bear in mind, that the SMG is also not a fan of city life. It's meant to be a highway battleaxe.

redline
11-19-2016, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by cjblair

C
M3
A E9X M3 is high on the list for me, I've heard these are reasonably reliable but there is occasional problems with the internals (piston rings maybe? or I could be off base. might be something entirely different. but I know there's a problem).

Rod bearings are the problem and it is about 2500 fix.

ercchry
11-19-2016, 10:33 AM
A certain someone is also pushing for the m5.... he is currently building his m3's motor, so if he is willing to toss the m5 up on one of the lifts after hours and help with the rod bearings, vanos service, smg pump and relay and whatever other smaller preventative maintenance items there are, I'd feel pretty comfortable with it I think. It seems like one of those cars you just have to drive at some point and after watching a bunch of youtube videos last night it seems like its right up my ally driving characteristic wise. It's going to need a solid service history with it though or I'll probably walk

90_Shelby
11-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Great video. Find a 6 speed manual sedan or at the very least go test drive one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnhtWRVSgdk&index=15&list=PL517C7B9E0B0CA325

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnhtWRVSgdk&index=14&list=PL517C7B9E0B0CA325

you&me
11-19-2016, 01:39 PM

M5
V10 M5 would be near the top of the list, but the SMG (thanks flipstah) Is not something I'd want to replace. And I looked into a 6MT version, but did some digging and it turns out the car was never designed for a MT, and it was put in as an afterthought and it shows. It's not as nice to drive apparently, and you can't disable TC completely. Out of principle, that would drive me crazy.

Bear in mind, that the SMG is also not a fan of city life. It's meant to be a highway battleaxe.

I had an M6 with SMG and did 90% of my 40,000 km in the city. Once you get the hang of the SMG, it isn't nearly as bad as the internet makes it seem. At best it's not quite DCT smooth, but with very little practice it gets close and the 'bucking donkey' shifts are pure fiction and the car is perfectly capable of comfortable city driving.

At the same time, I had a friend with an E60 M5 with the 6-speed. We swapped cars quite regularly and probably put close to 10k km on each-others cars. Again, the mating of the 6-speed and the V10 are much better than the internet would have you believe. Worth a drive if you can find one.

To be fair, my entire ownership was under warranty (and BMW's service pack), so I was never exposed to the frightful repairs. That said, I never had a single issue with the car over 3 years (I don't recall my friend every having any major issues either).

For a fast and comfortable, with an awesome (and unique) V10... hard to argue with, especially at current prices. Find one with it's first or second owner, a stack of service records and a clean inspection and you're set.

rage2
11-19-2016, 02:23 PM
I've been looking for the perfect E93 M3 for the last 2 years now, black/black + dct is kind of a rare combo in Canada. No clue why everyone is so horny for red seats, maybe it's heat in the sun? Tons of them in California, but the exchange is kinda painful right now.

The E9X with an exhaust is amazing. Neighbor had one and I would drool every time it drove by, and I had my C63 BS in my garage at the time.

JordanLotoski
11-19-2016, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
^^i think the rule of thumb is to avoid anything Jordan Lotoski has owned... till you make Lotoski money :rofl:

Ouch...:eek:

Minimalist
11-19-2016, 06:55 PM
The Pure Metal Silver Metallic on this 2016 M5 has me wondering if I can shift around some funds and make it happen. Nope. In love with the colour and Trish ain't half bad... she is in all videos.

Yiy7CVX-WlA

ercchry
11-19-2016, 07:58 PM
Well for anyone that has me on fb I guess the cats out of the bag... thanks Jimmy!!!! Haha

6sp white e90... should be picking it up Tuesday

The m5's cel came on when we went to test drive it, took that as a bad omen. The smg was stupid too, when the car is cold it feels like a car2go, the active bolsters are way too weird feeling. The seats in the m3 were way better. The 3 also feels like a more connected experience if that makes sense?

I think in the long run I will be a lot less paranoid with the 3 and it should hold its value much better than the 5, I feel like even though it was a much more expensive car that the cost of ownership should be lower. Interior room wasn't as big of a difference as I expected either. Think I'll be happy with it for a while

SkiBum5.0
11-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Nice! First stop should be ebay/interweb for exhaust.

flipstah
11-19-2016, 08:56 PM
Yay! That must have been an awkward test drive lol.

ercchry
11-19-2016, 09:12 PM
Yay! That must have been an awkward test drive lol.

Great test drive spot for high speed exit ramps... :D

Felt so comfortable in the m3 for have never driving one before

redline
11-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Congrats you will love it, check out BE bearing, they are the best option

redline
11-19-2016, 09:23 PM
I've been looking for the perfect E93 M3 for the last 2 years now, black/black + dct is kind of a rare combo in Canada. No clue why everyone is so horny for red seats, maybe it's heat in the sun? Tons of them in California, but the exchange is kinda painful right now.

The E9X with an exhaust is amazing. Neighbor had one and I would drool every time it drove by, and I had my C63 BS in my garage at the time.

Are you sure you can deal with the lack of torque?

C63 exhaust trumps any E9x combo....

03ozwhip
11-19-2016, 09:27 PM
uggghh I want an e90 M3....damn you to hell. also, congrats.

revelations
11-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by redline

Rod bearings are the problem and it is about 2500 fix.

Are you sure there isnt a 1 in front that number?? Seems too cheap for a major repair like that.

R154
11-19-2016, 09:49 PM

No it doesn't. If you like the sound of an ultra high reving tight v8. It's one of the major reasons why I loved my v8 Audi's so much.

Congrats Eric. Very solid choice.

Sentry
11-19-2016, 10:36 PM
C63s sound all rumbly and manly but E92 M3s sound like race cars.

bozjmqBK1CY

beyond_ban
11-19-2016, 11:24 PM

Congrats! Did you pick up an LCI?

ercchry
11-19-2016, 11:58 PM
Congrats you will love it, check out BE bearing, they are the best option

Going with the updated oem ones and treating them

Originally posted by revelations

Are you sure there isnt a 1 in front that number?? Seems too cheap for a major repair like that.

Probably less... :D

Originally posted by beyond_ban

Congrats! Did you pick up an LCI?

08, but only 100k kms

A2VR6
11-19-2016, 11:58 PM
Well for anyone that has me on fb I guess the cats out of the bag... thanks Jimmy!!!! Haha

Is it the one at Calgary BMW?

If so, thats my old car :)

ercchry
11-19-2016, 11:59 PM
^^^That's the one, thanks for keeping it so clean! But what's the deal with the 3m?

A2VR6
11-20-2016, 12:01 AM
Awesome! I had her till Dec of 2015, sometimes I miss her. Hopefully the EXO hydrophobic coating is still going strong on her.

Enjoy the free Sirius :rofl:

As for the 3M, a piece of tire from a semi got kicked up and knicked the front left IIRC portion of the 3M on the bumper, so I had to get a portion of it redone rather than the whole thing.

rage2
11-20-2016, 12:04 AM
Are you sure you can deal with the lack of torque?

I've been pussified haha.

ercchry
11-20-2016, 12:06 AM
Weird... this one was only on the lot for a week. They only did the inspection on it yesterday

A2VR6
11-20-2016, 12:09 AM
Yea there was another owner for the last 11 months. Not sure why he traded it (i assume) so quickly.

ercchry
11-20-2016, 12:16 AM
Yeah I dunno, looked great... well besides the 3m it's all bubbled on the front and the bit in front of the rear tire has a very defined line where it starts

A2VR6
11-20-2016, 12:21 AM
Hmm could possibly be a cone mark with I autocrossed the car at Canadian Nationals. Thats the only thing I could think of.

3M is over 5 years old by now (aside from the spliced portion on front) btw. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get it redone haha.

Edit: Another thing you probably noticed. The rims are curbed to hell, I bought the car like that and promptly bought some BBS's and just left the stock ones in the garage. Couldnt stand looking at them haha

ragu
11-20-2016, 12:23 AM

Going with the updated oem ones and treating them

Probably less... :D

08, but only 100k kms

Do share how much it ends up costing you for rod bearing part, I'm very curious.

ercchry
11-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ragu

Do share how much it ends up costing you for rod bearing part, I'm very curious.

We'll see how much Sentry likes me :love:

I have a funny feeling he will be doing them

Sentry
11-20-2016, 01:25 AM
Buy me parts to do mine and you got a deal.

ercchry
11-20-2016, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Sentry
Buy me parts to do mine and you got a deal.

This will probably work :thumbsup:

redline
11-20-2016, 07:56 AM
https://www.bebearings.com

Do the research on bearings, these are the best option for the car. The problem with the bearings is clearance and coated Oem bearing have less...

redline
11-20-2016, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by revelations

You just need to drop the oil pan and the change can be done with the motor in as long as your crank is not damaged.

I believe tunerworks quote me about 12 hours of labour plus oil, gaskets etc...

redline
11-20-2016, 08:03 AM

No it doesn't. If you like the sound of an ultra high reving tight v8. It's one of the major reasons why I loved my v8 Audi's so muche.

I love anything high Reving m3 plus akrapovic is sex, but there is something about that c63

redline
11-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Sentry
C63s sound all rumbly and manly but E92 M3s sound like race cars]

I am not a fan of that exhaust...

akrapovic
ESS
Dinan
And the ESS is the value leader by a long way, but used akra can be had for reasonable money as well

R154
11-20-2016, 09:44 AM

I love anything high Reving m3 plus akrapovic is sex, but there is something about that c63

I don't disagree about the C63. They are just different cars. Imo not really comparable at all.

The BMW is responsive, tight and a bit of a technical car. I have only had a few hours of seat time in an E9x m, but it felt like I expected.

The C63 is a chest beating baboon machine. It really is Germany's sincerest effort to replicate a musclecar. It is not a race car. It is a no holds barred hooning machine. It handles really well, but it is not in the same class as the BMW. That car is pure lulz.

Frankly I'm a bit surprised he didn't go for the c given his car history.

I like each one for different reasons.

IMHO. E9X M3 is my choice for sound/deliverable driving experience.

bjstare
11-20-2016, 09:58 AM

The C63 is a chest beating baboon machine. It really is Germany's sincerest effort to replicate a musclecar. It is not a race car. It is a no holds barred hooning machine. It handles really well, but it is not in the same class as the BMW. That car is pure lulz.

This is why I loved the C63 so much when I drove it. If I wanted to track my car, an M3 would be the easy choice. Since I don't (and won't for the next couple years at least) track my car, torque, sound, and lulz take priority.

I'm impressed OP, usually the turnaround on these threads is weeks-months. You put it up and had a car within a day! haha. Great buy, post some videos once you get an exhaust done!

90_Shelby
11-20-2016, 10:40 AM

I'm impressed OP, usually the turnaround on these threads is weeks-months. You put it up and had a car within a day! haha. Great buy,

This. :thumbsup:

R154
11-20-2016, 12:00 PM

This is why I loved the C63 so much when I drove it. If I wanted to track my car, an M3 would be the easy choice. Since I don't (and won't for the next couple years at least) track my car, torque, sound, and lulz take priority.

I'm impressed OP, usually the turnaround on these threads is weeks-months. You put it up and had a car within a day! haha. Great buy, post some videos once you get an exhaust done!

For a few years cars were just not as exciting or as lively as the were in the era of Japanese dominance imo. Supra/gtr/rx7. Then Germany flexed its muscles. I fell in love with the b6 s4.

If you are a driving enthusiast do your self a favor and own an e46 m3. To me, the E9x m's are not so much a continuation as they are an evolution of one of the greatest most hype worthy chassis that BMW has put out in modern times. It doesn't feel anywhere as tight as an e30. But it isn't an e36.

My alliegence has always been with Audi, however, BMW just does it for me, recently. I have been looking for the right candidate to jump on the m car wagon.

Mercedes has been spoiling us for years with beautiful examples of what a driving experience can be. There is no doubt that the C63 is a bit of a hoonicorn. Just isn't for me.

Now, an e63. That is my honest to God grail car for a daily. I just can't justify the price point when the economy looks the way it does.

ercchry
11-20-2016, 12:56 PM
https://www.bebearings.com

Do the research on bearings, these are the best option for the car. The problem with the bearings is clearance and coated Oem bearing have less...

The guy building the 900whp e46 has done the research... oem is select fit... not a one size fits all situation

But that same guy doesn't think the boss man will approve our deal Sentry haha

Neil4Speed
11-20-2016, 02:44 PM
http://memecreator.org/static/images/memes/4295443.jpg

max_boost
11-20-2016, 04:43 PM
ercchry :bigpimp:

Congrats!

danno
11-20-2016, 05:16 PM
Exciting, should be a fun car.

flipstah
11-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
http://memecreator.org/static/images/memes/4295443.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

ercchry
11-20-2016, 06:40 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

To be perfectly honest, when you posted the ad the m3 was under "related vehicles" aaaannnd that started it all :rofl:

Blue
11-22-2016, 01:23 PM
best sounding exhaust imo is the Meisterschaft Exhaust + Fabspeed Xpipe if you want a bit of a roar :thumbsup:

shakalaka
11-22-2016, 01:42 PM
In the past 2 years I have had the C63 AMG (cat delete/straight pipe), E92 M3 (Dinan exhaust and CF intake) and now the E70 X5M.

I can tell you that I miss the C63 the most for a lot of reasons. I have had the X5M for 5 months and I am already contemplating either getting a GLA45 or C43 or even a 507 C63.

redline
11-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Blue
best sounding exhaust imo is the Meisterschaft Exhaust + Fabspeed Xpipe if you want a bit of a roar :thumbsup:

that exhaust is grossly loud, and exhausts are very personal and people should just buy what the want...

flipstah
11-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Secondary cat delete + X-Pipe

bjstare
11-22-2016, 02:09 PM
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PphTvM-3bpU (it won't let me embed, maybe I'm doin it wrong?)

IMO the meisterschaft, and the last two in the video (sometime after the 5min mark) are the best. Either the last or second last one has valves you can open to make it sound awesome, or close for when you don't want to wake your neighbours. I'm sure my neighbours hate the fact that I wake up before all of them and warm my car up before I leave in the AM haha

r3ccOs
11-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
In the past 2 years I have had the C63 AMG (cat delete/straight pipe), E92 M3 (Dinan exhaust and CF intake) and now the E70 X5M.

I can tell you that I miss the C63 the most for a lot of reasons. I have had the X5M for 5 months and I am already contemplating either getting a GLA45 or C43 or even a 507 C63.

but why, you have a supercar

shakalaka
11-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

but why, you have a supercar

I know...and it is fully loaded with every single option except a few...:rofl:

PS: I noticed some posts saying congrats so I am guessing OP bought something but I can't seem to find a post which says what.:dunno:

ercchry
11-22-2016, 03:06 PM
E90 6sp m3 in alpine white... taking delivery right now actually :D

03ozwhip
11-22-2016, 03:12 PM
E90 6sp m3 in alpine white... taking delivery right now actually :D
is this your equivalent to flipstah new daily? if it is your new daily....rides? :poosie:

shakalaka
11-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Great man, congrats!

Enjoy it. :thumbsup:

My guy at Bavaria BMW was trying to get me take a 2011 M3 sedan with 3000 km's. Yup. Was giving me a great deal too. I passed though but it seemed like a great unit and pretty much new.

Chester
11-22-2016, 03:39 PM

I know...and it is fully loaded with every single option except a few...:rofl:

PS: I noticed some posts saying congrats so I am guessing OP bought something but I can't seem to find a post which says what.:dunno:

If you're thinking about selling the x5m, let me know!

ercchry
11-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

is this your equivalent to flipstah new daily? if it is your new daily....rides? :poosie:

Let me get use to manual first... it's been a few years :rofl:

flipstah
11-22-2016, 04:08 PM
DORIFTO

shakalaka
11-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Chester

If you're thinking about selling the x5m, let me know!

I am. Shoot me a PM with what you'd like to know and I'll forward you the information.

03ozwhip
11-22-2016, 06:01 PM

I am. Shoot me a PM with what you'd like to know and I'll forward you the information.
man, you are a sucker for punishment lol