PDA

View Full Version : Collector Car Insurance Help

NoPulp
11-21-2016, 12:08 PM
I recently got my 1994 mustang appraised and am looking for a collector car insurance or similar. I mostly just use it for cruising, car shows and a weekend driver so under 5000 annual km. The issue is the car being modified and me being under 25. Anyone know of any reputable companies that will cover me?

Also, can anyone think of a discount plan for my 2004 mustang gt? I'll be using it as a track car so it'll mostly just be a weekend driver. The same boat as the 1994, but it's not pretty and 10 years newer.

If anyone could help me out that would be appreciated. Insurance for a 22 year old with 3 vehicles is a bit expensive, even without any tickets or accidents.

G-ZUS
11-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Have you tried Intact? Hagerty is more strict. not sure if they will do it due to your age

ercchry
11-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Have you tried touchstone? Brokers you know... find the best products for you

I have a collector car policy on my Datsun that Bill got for me... $34/year. But I'm old, and my car is even older

NoPulp
11-21-2016, 12:22 PM
I got a phone call just after making this thread lol.
This other company said they could give me a quote through Intact. Hopefully they can find something that will work.

flipstah
11-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Touchstone deals with Intact and can help you out!

My Mini can't have comprehensive insurance because it's RHD :(

Hagerty won't even touch it!

soloracer
11-21-2016, 10:34 PM
Try this one:

https://www.competition.ca

Insurance for collector cars, good rates, etc

Erik

NoPulp
11-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
Try this one:

https://www.competition.ca

Insurance for collector cars, good rates, etc

Erik

Looks like hagrety is their classic car insurance, they won't cover me.

I got a quote from a place in lethbridge through intact. They can cover my truck and my 94 for cheap, but they turned away my 2004... no idea why. Trying to get an answer.

Edit: The won't cover the 2004 because of track use. Even though I'm not covered at a track, they're still liable for injures or property damage. Wtf. I thought the track had that sort of thing covered under their own insurance?

ercchry
11-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Don't tell them about track use! Thought this was a given?

NoPulp
11-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Nvm, got it figured out now.

Stuart
11-23-2016, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp

I just want to know if the track's insurance actually cover injuries/property damage or if the individual gets screwed.

That would be up to the individual governing body (or organizer of the event) The track has nothing that will cover any of that. WCMA events have good coverage but I don't know what any other group has.

NoPulp
11-23-2016, 02:27 PM
Okay, that's what I've seem to find.

NoPulp
11-29-2016, 11:24 AM
WTF. The broker said she could do it, now she says that Intact declined the collector insurance due to the engine modifications.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Edit: Talking with touchstone.

NoPulp
12-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Received my package from intact through touchstone for the collector insurance :)

I also put my other two vehicles through them, so just waiting for that to come through.

Very happy with touchstone so far, would recommend