PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Abu Dhabi F1 GP & WDC Championship

R154
11-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Well guys,

I pretty much kept myself alive solely for the next 96 hours of rfp/quali/racing.

Christian Horner being a little self servicing, enticing Lewis to back rosberg into the Redbull twins.

Judging by the race at Brazil, it looks like this one could be a bit of a nail biter.

Evidently there will be no rain, generally not the most exciting race. Pole will really affect outcome...

You guys know where I stand. #444ever #teamlewis

Predictions?

Anyone hosting an F1 party 6am haha.

R154
11-24-2016, 09:24 AM
Ps:

I am aware that WDC stands for world drivers championship. I effectively fucked the title up. I never edit my posts before putting them up.

I'm an idiot. I get it.

killramos
11-24-2016, 09:25 AM
Predictions?

Lewis P1 Rosberg P2.

Rosberg wins WDC this year.

Its not what I want to happen, its what I think will happen. Unless Verstappen decides to #YOLOSWAG into the back of Rosberg's car.

That's pretty well the only way i see Lewis as WDC:rofl:

R154
11-24-2016, 09:31 AM
I can totally see a "botched" pit, or a sudden panic moment for rosberg. He is so close. I just expect him to choke.

Not gonna lie, if vetstappen did kamikaze into rosberg I would probably throw my snacks on the floor and start dancing.
I would be so ecstatic that I would buy a Redbull hat and wear that fucker with the Mercedes gear. I'd go as far as to buy a case of Redbull and start a small swear campaign against monster.

In short, I would be happy.

chongkee_
11-24-2016, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by R154
I can totally see a "botched" pit, or a sudden panic moment for rosberg. He is so close. I just expect him to choke.

Not gonna lie, if vetstappen did kamikaze into rosberg I would probably throw my snacks on the floor and start dancing.
I would be so ecstatic that I would buy a Redbull hat and wear that fucker with the Mercedes gear. I'd go as far as to buy a case of Redbull and start a small swear campaign against monster.

In short, I would be happy.

Wouldn't that be something. :rofl: I might do the same if that happens.
Don't really hope for crashes I'm more on the reliability side of things.

As much as I want Lewis to win, I expect it to be an uneventful race. If Lewis gets pole, Nico will just cruise to P2. If Nico gets pole, he won't put up a fight if Lewis tries to pass him. Maybe Nico will let Lewis gets pole so that he stays away from him.

I doubt the RBR boys will get close to the Mercs on this track. With the 2 long straights, the Mercs will just run away with it.

phreezee
11-24-2016, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by killramos
Predictions?

Lewis P1 Rosberg P2.

Its not what I want to happen, its what I think will happen. Unless Verstappen decides to #YOLOSWAG into the back of Rosberg's car.

This.

Even if there were a 1st lap incident for Rosberg, the long straights will ensure Nico recovers to at least 3rd. Only an outright DNF will result in Rosberg not winning the title. All he has to do is podium.

Stuart
11-24-2016, 11:15 AM
Nobody is predicting that Nico could win the championship in the same fashion as Senna in '90? Even though I think it's unlikely I would love to see the shitstorm it would cause.

chongkee_
11-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Another scenario would be Nico DNFs then as Lewis is lapping Massa, Massa torpedoes him as payback for 2008. Nico wins the WDC. :rofl:

R154
11-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Massa is on his last race. He's gonna finish it, even if he has to nurse another tire in the head.

I just hope that Christian Horner can find a way to ruin another Germans' run at WDC.

I really hope that this race has a finale that is better than the two arrows leading the pack for 90+ minutes. It would be a long shot for my hero to win. At least some drama for next season, please.

revelations
11-24-2016, 12:17 PM
If Nico crashes etc, watch for Lewis' car to suddenly develop electrical issues.... :rofl:

chongkee_
11-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by revelations
If Nico crashes etc, watch for Lewis' car to suddenly develop electrical issues.... :rofl:

I can't even imagine the shitstorm that ensues after that. All the conspiracy theories will be haunting us for years.

diamondedge
11-24-2016, 01:55 PM
CAN'TWAIT

phreezee
11-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Let's not forget that it's Jenson Button's last race also!

redline
11-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by phreezee

for the next year....:dunno: i think if he takes one year off he is not coming back so good luck Jenson you where one of my all time fav drivers

redline
11-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Predictions?

Lewis P1 Rosberg P2.

:werd: that would suit me just fine i hate Lewis ... such a trump like person... (ie whinny little bitch)

Verstappen can YOLO all he wants as long as a nico takes out lewis in the process

phreezee
11-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by redline

for the next year....:dunno: i think if he takes one year off he is not coming back so good luck Jenson you where one of my all time fav drivers

Yeah, no one believes he's coming back at 39 with Ron Dennis being gone also.

npham
11-24-2016, 03:22 PM
What channel(Shaw) is the race on? I tried to torrent the last race and it never came up until much later.

flipstah
11-24-2016, 05:12 PM

His ex-wife is hot. :hitit:

chongkee_
11-24-2016, 06:27 PM

Yeah, no one believes he's coming back at 39 with Ron Dennis being gone also.

Rumour is that it is actually Ojjeh and not Ron that wanted Jenson. Ron tried to push KMag but he got vetoed by Ojjeh.

EK 2.0
11-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

His ex-wife is hot. :hitit:

Does it count as "yellow fever" if you are Flip??

rage2
11-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Lewis leads both Friday FP. Rosberg 2nd. I'm prepared for the worst.

R154
11-25-2016, 11:13 AM
Oh how dearly do I hope Nico's car falls apart in quali. Here's hoping that he puts it in the wall tomorrow.

R154
11-25-2016, 11:46 AM
I just want to say. I am a little pissed that the Arabs are running McLaren. Such a storied team.

I hope they don't gold dip the fucking car.

rage2
11-25-2016, 12:22 PM
Uhh McLaren has been owned and run by the Arabs since the 80s. TAG has pretty much been a 50% shareholder throughout the last couple of decades.

R154
11-25-2016, 12:44 PM
Wait. What?!

I thought that McLaren was British owned in totality until this season.

... I just thought that Aramco sponsored a small portion.

R154
11-25-2016, 12:52 PM
After some research it appears that in 07 that the arab bought in.

I was confused as to Ron Dennis being ejected after the unsuccessful bid.

I thought that the arab was buying out Ron Dennis. Not the other way around.

Apologies.

EK 2.0
11-25-2016, 01:13 PM

Oh how dearly do I hope Nico's car falls apart in quali. Here's hoping that he puts it in the wall tomorrow.

As much as I don't want Nico to win the WDC...it's kinda harsh to want someone to put it into a wall no??...Even a small shunt has the potential of being serious....

How about instead wishing for major grid penalties or a bout ot Lewis' reliability??

R154
11-25-2016, 01:20 PM
I want to see him spin. I know I'm a bad person.

rage2
11-25-2016, 02:25 PM
After some research it appears that in 07 that the arab bought in.

I was confused as to Ron Dennis being ejected after the unsuccessful bid.

I thought that the arab was buying out Ron Dennis. Not the other way around.

Apologies.
TAG bought 50% of McLaren in '83. Mansour Ojjeh runs TAG and has been a majority/significant owner since. So ya, McLaren has been Arab owned and run with Dennis being the front man since forever.

This is the same TAG that bought Heuer and created TAG Heuer, which was sold to LV but still bears the TAG portion of the name. Mansour's dad started TAG with money he made as a Saudi arms dealer. :rofl:

R154
11-25-2016, 02:32 PM
I know so little.

Thanks for the education.

R154
11-26-2016, 07:43 AM
Oh poor Jenson.

R154
11-26-2016, 08:02 AM
Its all to do tomorrow.

He's on pole!!!!

Blistering lap.

redline
11-26-2016, 08:27 AM
^^ it does not matter NICO WDC FTW

R154
11-26-2016, 10:39 AM
I have to admit with vetstappen fucking up I'm kind of excited to see what sort of erratic driving he will do that may make it interesting.

Lewis is totally going to back rosberg into the Ferrari and the Redbull.

He will try to put 2 cars behind him.

rage2
11-27-2016, 06:49 AM
Anyone notice Hamilton hasn't stood with other drivers for the national anthem in the last bunch of races? Is this a new thing or just something I recently noticed?

R154
11-27-2016, 06:57 AM
Just noticed.

R154
11-27-2016, 07:01 AM
Here we go!

R154
11-27-2016, 07:05 AM
God damn it vestappen.

R154
11-27-2016, 07:27 AM
What a shit way to go out. Poor poor Jenson.

redline
11-27-2016, 08:11 AM
The Hamilton and nico games :rofl:

redline
11-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Ok nico grow a pair and pass him

R154
11-27-2016, 08:42 AM
Bruuuuutal.

rage2
11-27-2016, 08:43 AM
The only less deserving WDC would be if Massa won it in 2008 haha.

R154
11-27-2016, 08:44 AM
Just absolutely stupid.

On to next year.

R154
11-27-2016, 09:00 AM
DC stiring shit on the podium haha.

redline
11-27-2016, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by rage2
The only less deserving WDC whould be if Massa won it in 2008 haha.
Ok Lewis fanboy,:poosie: :poosie: :rolleyes:

R154
11-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Massa's sound bite was touching.

Bye Massa. Bye Button.

I really hope JB comes back as a pundit.

redline
11-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Lewis = winny little bitch .... not a champion

R154
11-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Lewis had legitimate reasons to be pissed. It was his wdc to lose.

Nico is a bitch boy who is riding the coat tails of a good car. He is not a great racing driver.

Lewis, Max, Alonso. Those are great racing drivers.

Nico doesn't drive with passion. He drives by numbers. As a fan of racing, that is the antithesis to what a real racing driver should be.

Lewis is a truly winning driver and he will undoubtedly smash nico next year.

For now, it's over.

rage2
11-27-2016, 09:53 AM
Ok Lewis fanboy,:poosie: :poosie: :rolleyes:
Haha right. Just telling it like it is. Everyone knows I'm a McLaren fanboy. If a McLaren isn't winning, it doesn't matter (unless it's Ferrari, because I will whine like a bitch).

When you need 3 engine failures and 4 penalties on your team mate to beat your teammate, well...

On a positive note, F1 in 4K next year. Time to upgrade those TVs!

redline
11-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Lewis had legitimate reasons to be pissed. It was his wdc to lose.

Nico is a bitch boy who is riding the coat tails of a good car. He is not a great racing driver.

Nico doesn't drive with passion. He drives by numbers. As a fan of racing, that is the antithesis to what a real racing driver should be.

Lewis is a truly winning driver and he will undoubtedly smash nico next year.

Any driver that wins 23 races is a good racing driver...period

I am not taking anything away from Lewis as a driver but he was bested by nico this year end of story .

Lewis bested nico two other times, so there is a edge to Lewis it we shall see what next year brings

redline
11-27-2016, 10:20 AM

When you need 3 engine failures and 4 penalties on your team mate to beat your teammate, well...

We will never know if it was need or just the way it happened ... it's not like nico was in the garage messing with bits on Lewis car causing them to blow... maybe Lewis was pushing that hard to keep up with nico and blew the engines himself

Oh well internet drama at its finest :drama:

R154
11-27-2016, 10:32 AM

Any driver that wins 23 races is a good racing driver...period

I am not taking anything away from Lewis as a driver but he was bested by nico this year end of story .

Lewis bested nico two other times, so there is a edge to Lewis it we shall see what next year brings

That I absolutely agree with.

rage2
11-27-2016, 10:37 AM
Yea I don't think Rosberg is a bad driver, he just needed an act of god (well in this case a manufacturing defect in a crank bearing) to beat Hamilton. Even not counting the early qualifying Hamilton engine failures, that Malaysia failure robbed Hamilton period.

cloud7
11-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Congrats to Nico. It is well deserved.

phreezee
11-27-2016, 12:44 PM
I like how Herbert put it to Paddy that he was interfering with the WDC by telling Lewis to go faster. But I think it will all blow over, with not much to talk about.

Nico deserves a championship for being with the team so long and having a hand in building it. Congrats Nico.

killramos
11-27-2016, 01:10 PM

On a positive note, F1 in 4K next year. Time to upgrade those TVs!

Yea I'm not going to hold my breath on shaw releasing 4K in any form in time for the next season.

That would be something work keeping my cable subscription for.

schocker
11-27-2016, 01:10 PM
I like how Herbert put it to Paddy that he was interfering with the WDC by telling Lewis to go faster. But I think it will all blow over, with not much to talk about.

Nico deserves a championship for being with the team so long and having a hand in building it. Congrats Nico.
Herbert wouldn't let it go when Toto came by either. :rofl:
Vettel was closing fast and their priority is to win. It did make it entertaining to watch though. I can only imagine how far the mercedes would have been ahead if lewis actually pushed.

revelations
11-27-2016, 01:20 PM

Yea I'm not going to hold my breath on shaw releasing 4K in any form in time for the next season.

That would be something work keeping my cable subscription for.

Is there still no way to (pay for) streaming F1 service?

killramos
11-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Not that I know of.

wildrice
11-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Anyone notice Hamilton hasn't stood with other drivers for the national anthem in the last bunch of races? Is this a new thing or just something I recently noticed?

It's a new thing that started at Mexico..the reigning WDC winner stands with the officials.

danno
11-27-2016, 04:18 PM
4k next year that will be awsome, will have to call telus to get a 4k box.

killramos
11-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Apparently tsn already has 4K on Bell. Just found out during the grey cup.

So the question really is: WTF is wrong with shaw?

rage2
11-28-2016, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by revelations
Is there still no way to (pay for) streaming F1 service?
At this time, no. Liberty Media's purchase of F1 will be complete sometime next year, and they're already evaluating all of the regional licensing agreements to allow them to directly sell streaming to consumers. AFAIK F1 with TSN is a yearly agreement so we should be able to get access as soon as it's available.

Originally posted by wildrice
It's a new thing that started at Mexico..the reigning WDC winner stands with the officials.
Thanks. I had no idea. Just noticed it recently. Thought LH was being a dick or something haha.

Apparently tsn already has 4K on Bell. Just found out during the grey cup.

So the question really is: WTF is wrong with shaw?
Bell 4K is only out east where they have Fiber coverage. ExpressVu doesn't get that. Shaw prob needs a ton of upgrades and bandwidth management to deliver 4K, so they got nothing. Telus has 4K service, you need at least Internet 50 to use it (it kills your inet speed so really you need fiber service) and there's been a shit ton of compatibility issues from what I've heard.

My guess is by the time 4K hits critical mass, we will have shifted to a streaming model and Bell/Shaw/Telus won't matter except for Internet.

killramos
11-28-2016, 08:41 AM

Bell 4K is only out east where they have Fiber coverage. ExpressVu doesn't get that. Shaw prob needs a ton of upgrades and bandwidth management to deliver 4K, so they got nothing. Telus has 4K service, you need at least Internet 50 to use it (it kills your inet speed so really you need fiber service) and there's been a shit ton of compatibility issues from what I've heard.

My guess is by the time 4K hits critical mass, we will have shifted to a streaming model and Bell/Shaw/Telus won't matter except for Internet.

Too bad, it just really rubbed me the wrong way last night with alternating advertisements from " The Grey Cup Brought to you by Shaw " and " This game delivered in 4k Ultra HD on TSN4k from Bell".

And no Lewis losing WDC and the Stamps losing the Grey Cup has NOTHING to do with my mood :D

At the end of the day unless cable companies can provide these luxury extra's to their customers I have no idea how long they think they will be able to justify 100-150 bucks a month in fees for shit compressed-quality 1080p and horrible interfaces.

Netflix 4k isn't really that great either ( its horribly compressed ) so they need to find the next big thing in network technology ( on both "cable" and internet ) to accommodate modern picture quality standards.

This is why i want a 4k Bluray player.

ganesh
11-28-2016, 11:25 AM
I am waiting for Merc to throw the book at LH.
If they don't then gloves off at Merc , I am sure if they did that LH will ask Merc to release him. - Check mate Merc :)

phreezee
11-28-2016, 12:37 PM
Can't they all just get along? :rofl:

https://i.redd.it/nbslkn4lg60y.png