PDA

View Full Version : Alignment Covered with warranty Repair?

Crazyjoker77
11-25-2016, 05:57 PM
So I had to have the entire steering rack replaced in my 14stang it is covered under warranty. An alignment is needed when just changing a tie rod so I assume it will defiantly need a front end alignment for the whole rack.

Is this also part of the warranty repair or am I going to have to get one after on my own dime?

RickDaTuner
11-25-2016, 05:59 PM
That would be covered under the warranty of replacing the steering rack.

Warranty for alignments and ford are covered under a 1 year 30k kms warranty.

some other manufactures will only go up to 20k kms

eglove
11-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Generally you'd have to pay for the alignment. Cause warranty would cover the parts and labor on the rack. Depends on the manufacturer though, not sure what Ford covers

Crazyjoker77
11-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Kind of conflicting answers from the two of you. car is a 14 so almost 3 years old but only has 28k on it.

They just called me to come pick it up. I never authorized any work other than the warranty repair and I'm sure they would like to throw that in as a upsell if they could so I'm thinking that its covered with the replacement of the rack.

Sentry
11-25-2016, 06:35 PM
When I was at Toyota any suspension part we warrantied we would do a warranty alignment too.

EDIT: Also, warranty alignment pays more than customer alignment so the incentive is for the service dept. to charge the Company instead of the customer.

Squishy
11-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Why not just ask the advisor that's looking after your vehicle?

ShermanEF9
11-25-2016, 07:08 PM
whenever my vehicle is in they tell me if its warranty on the spot, or will tell me of potential charges. if they didn't, its on them.

RickDaTuner
11-25-2016, 07:21 PM
It's covered... Any parts that are replaced as casualties, or work that is a required to properly remediate is covered under warranty.

I was a Ford Tech at one point in my life.

Crazyjoker77
11-25-2016, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Squishy
Why not just ask the advisor that's looking after your vehicle?

First thing I did when I got to the dealership I literally made this thread while waiting for the shuttle to pick me up. Only came to mind now and was a good time waster.

Originally posted by ShermanEF9
whenever my vehicle is in they tell me if its warranty on the spot, or will tell me of potential charges. if they didn't, its on them.

Took the car in yesterday they called me in the afternoon said I needed a new rack and was warranty work. I told them to go ahead.

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
It's covered... Any parts that are replaced as casualties, or work that is a required to properly remediate is covered under warranty.

I was a Ford Tech at one point in my life.

^^^exactly as it turned out. Overall a painless experience.

I've worked in 2 separate dealership service departments and seen some appalling business practices go on that's left me very Leary of dealerships. I totally wouldn't put it past them to try and charge the customer separately and claim the warranty pay. Unfortunately I had to draw the line at a 3000+$ part and 10hours of labor and take it in.