PDA

View Full Version : Calgary's Worst Dealerships

TL911
12-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Background:
I've been in the market to purchase a new car for a couple of weeks now (previous car was a total loss) so I’ve been hitting up a lot of dealerships because I’d like to buy a clean (Car Proof) and inspected car. I’m in the market for a Civic, Rogue or CRV. My hunt started with a list of vehicles that dealers had and in the process of elimination, my hunt lead me to Sunridge Nissan to seek out a 5 used Rogue’s.

Most of the dealerships online have the listing setup to view the car proof and a bunch of photos online to make life a lot easier. Sunridge Nissan is one of the dealers that don’t. So I email them asking to see the car proof. I get the general response saying that “…I’ve talk to the sales manager and the vehicle is still available and I’ve assigned CS#1 (C*ck S*cker) to contact you.” A few minutes later I get an email from CS#1 telling me that the Rogue is available and when would you like to come in. I said to myself…great! I won’t respond, I’ll go and just have a look at the Rogue tonight.

I get to the dealership to be greeted by a guy that’s dressed like his going to the gym (very unprofessional). I ask him a few simple questions and he tells me that they don’t have any used cars here, please go to 2 blocks west and that’s where you can see the car. So I get back in my car and drive up to the used car dealership. Before I even open my mouth, the sales guy…CS#2 opens his mouth and say’s “you’re here to look at the Rogue” I was a little surprised and said “yes” and responded “Great, I got a call letting me know you were coming down, please have a seat in my office and I’ll be right with you” so we go sit at his desk and wait about 15 minutes before his done shooting the shit with his buddies in the copy room and comes to talk to us. I had a list and it broke down everything including the KM an price, so I ask him, I would first like to see the car proofs (of the 5 Rogue’s) I had on the list. He asked for the list, I gave him the list. His first comment was “that’s too many vehicles to pull, could you pick a couple that you’d like to see” I was blown away because all the other dealerships I went to, they had the car proof, service record, inspection list all in a nice folder. So I said okay, I picked the two cheapest one’s on the list. He tells me, let me have a look if their available. After a few clicks, says these two vehicles have been sold. So I call him out on it, telling him CS#1 told me that it was available and then he pondered for a bit and started arguing with me that no that false and tells me “the website is managed by another company and it takes them a few weeks to update the list” which you’d agree is complete bullshit. Typical sales gimmick showing cars on your website that’s too good to be true, get the customer in the door and then sell him/her something they don’t want. So after a bit of a heated conversation, he says let me have a look if anything else is available…after a looking through his list (completely different than the website) he find two Rogue’s (one without a price and one with a price). He tells me he’ll be right back to see if they are available….again goes to the copy room (which I can see) laughing and shooting the shit and comes back after 20 minutes. He tells me yes, the two are available and I’ll be back with the car proof…again goes into the copy room to shoot the shit and comes back after 10 minutes…he did this a couple of times after these two times and made us wait for roughly an hour. I forgot to mention, he had another customer waiting for the same time amount while he “dicked” us around. Finally after wasting an hour, I had enough and told him, I’ve got another appointment and I’m leaving. Took his card which I threw away in the parking lot and left.

So long story short, this is probably by far my worst experience I had with any dealership. So I was enlightened by it and thought I’d ask everyone what their experience has been and a list of dealerships that should be avoid. I know that Gallery of Fine Cars is high on the list.

revelations
12-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Was his name Kunal Anand?

http://pictures.dealer.com/ddc/resize/250x/quality/72/sharpen/1/ddc/s/sunridgenissantc/1114/795c2af84a4be71b08f476fef78ac04dx.jpg

Sunridge has a poor reputation on Beyond.

bjstare
12-02-2016, 10:44 AM
WORST*

That's all I have to add.

Mitsu3000gt
12-02-2016, 10:51 AM
If you end up buying a Honda, stay away from Honda West - they are the Sunridge Nissan equivalent.

jwslam
12-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
WORST*

That's all I have to add.
This. Though I've seen many posts with English written worse than his.
Also, agree that Honda West used car sales was awful though not to OP's extent.

JohnnyHockey
12-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Curious to know why you're shopping for these run of the mill vehicles at dealers? Why do you want to pay their markup? If you need financing visit the bank, then go on Kijiji.

JohnnyHockey
12-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by revelations

http://pictures.dealer.com/ddc/resize/250x/quality/72/sharpen/1/ddc/s/sunridgenissantc/1114/795c2af84a4be71b08f476fef78ac04dx.jpg

Fucking douchebag is a disgrace to that logo behind him.

zieg
12-02-2016, 11:31 AM
I can't believe you gave him that much of your time. I would have walked out while he was taking 20 minutes to pull a carproof...

ercchry
12-02-2016, 11:35 AM
If you want to be treated like an idiot and waste your time completely, nothing beats a Chrysler dealership... pick any

TL911
12-02-2016, 11:43 AM

No his name was David Torres.

Went to Honda West on Saturday to check out a Civic EX...It was pathetic as well.

Worse...has been changed to Worst ahahahahah didn't even notice that until you pointed it out!

I've been looking at the dealerships because Kijiji/Auto Trader has vehicles priced around the same as the dealers. And out of the two private ones i looked at, both refused to buy/show me the car proof. So i said to myself....if i pay the GST/dealer fee...i get a certified car that has been through an inspection (which i would get done if i was buying private) and i get to have a look at the car proof.

TL911
12-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by zieg
I can't believe you gave him that much of your time. I would have walked out while he was taking 20 minutes to pull a carproof...

True

spikerS
12-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
If you want to be treated like an idiot and waste your time completely, nothing beats a Chrysler dealership... pick any

So true. My last 7 or 8 vehicle purchases have been from dealers, and the worst of them was Crowfoot Dodge. Those guys are fucking scammers, and I hope Rage2 gets a letter for this asking to take it down.

Seriously, if anyone goes to Crowfoot Dodge, they are fucking retards. Crowfoot Dodge are scammers, 100% Fuck Crowfoot Dodge, I hope this lands high on google searches for Crowfoot Dodge as they are shady as fuck!

ok, working past that, the Nissan dealer in the Glenmore auto mall treated me pretty well and had good service when I was on their lot. Didn't buy anything from them, but they were nice and friendly!

revelations
12-02-2016, 11:46 AM
The really funny thing is that Kijiji - especially for vehicles over $10K, and not from the NE - has FAR more honest people than the average used car lot.

I've bought 1/2 dozen vehicles the last 10 years on Kijiji and its been fantastic. Pull the car proof, get a mechanical done and you're all set.

colinxx235
12-02-2016, 11:46 AM
Can whomever fixed the grammatical error also correct his constant error in Rouge... maybe that is why the dealership was wasting your time :rofl:

TL911
12-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Any thoughts on Village Honda? There is a Civic at Heninger and Calgary Honda.

TL911
12-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
Can whomever fixed the grammatical error also correct his constant error in Rouge... maybe that is why the dealership was wasting your time :rofl:

Fixed :D hahahahh

G-ZUS
12-02-2016, 12:01 PM
The really funny thing is that Kijiji - especially for vehicles over $10K, and not from the NE - has FAR more honest people than the average used car lot.

I've bought 1/2 dozen vehicles the last 10 years on Kijiji and its been fantastic. Pull the car proof, get a mechanical done and you're all set.

Everything under 10k lately is a NE special, rebuilt or hail damaged.

corsvette
12-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Everything under 10k lately is a NE special, rebuilt or hail damaged.

I stop reading as soon as the ad reads "active title" Most car sellers have no idea what that means, but some curber that just bought it at Impact will always advertise ACTIVE as it gets announced 300 times as they sell any car there.

msommers
12-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by TL911

No his name was David Torres.

Went to Honda West on Saturday to check out a Civic EX...It was pathetic as well.

Worse...has been changed to Worst ahahahahah didn't even notice that until you pointed it out!

I've been looking at the dealerships because Kijiji/Auto Trader has vehicles priced around the same as the dealers. And out of the two private ones i looked at, both refused to buy/show me the car proof. So i said to myself....if i pay the GST/dealer fee...i get a certified car that has been through an inspection (which i would get done if i was buying private) and i get to have a look at the car proof.

Originally posted by spikerS

So true. My last 7 or 8 vehicle purchases have been from dealers, and the worst of them was Crowfoot Dodge. Those guys are fucking scammers, and I hope Rage2 gets a letter for this asking to take it down.

Seriously, if anyone goes to Crowfoot Dodge, they are fucking retards. Crowfoot Dodge are scammers, 100% Fuck Crowfoot Dodge, I hope this lands high on google searches for Crowfoot Dodge as they are shady as fuck!

ok, working past that, the Nissan dealer in the Glenmore auto mall treated me pretty well and had good service when I was on their lot. Didn't buy anything from them, but they were nice and friendly!

No I hope David finds this thread so the show can start already.

Darkane
12-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by msommers

Won't happen. He's a soccer player, and a director. Different guys but google doesn't single out this David.

revelations
12-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by msommers

Just make sure to "govern yourself accordingly". :nut:

Mitsu3000gt
12-02-2016, 03:07 PM

Dealt with them via email only, so not much help, but their 'best' prices were quite high. Go to Okotoks Honda if you don't want your time wasted, but it might be harder if you're looking used.

Redlyne_mr2
12-02-2016, 03:46 PM
TL911, flip me a quick PM or email [email protected] , I have a few used Rogues that may or may not work, I'm located in Red Deer which is a bit of a pain but at the very least Ill make sure you don't get the run around.

If you're looking at a used Civic at Henninger Toyota, reach out to Billy Ye. He worked with me back in my BMW days, he's professional and wont waste your time.

Does anyone have a hidden camera, I'd love to see a POV view of some of these experiences.

Waldi
12-02-2016, 04:00 PM
bought Mazda from Heninger and have to say it was very good experience.

Dumbass17
12-02-2016, 06:40 PM
OP,
You have alot more patience than most people, wow. If I'm at the grocery store and the line is taking too long, I'll just set my baskets down and go home.

JohnnyHockey
12-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Lol not surprised you drive an X5, dumbass17...

Maxt
12-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Pretty much, but I actually found one that seems to give a shit about their customers.

Clever
12-02-2016, 08:39 PM

I bought a truck this past summer, and I'll have to agree with this statement. Still ended up with a Dodge, but drove 3.5 hours away to get away from the BS from "big" city dealerships. :nut:

bjstare
12-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
OP,
You have alot more patience than most people, wow. If I'm at the grocery store and the line is taking too long, I'll just set my baskets down and go home.

Yeah, that's definitely a dick move. Not like the employees are busy trying to serve customers, better give them the job of cleaning up after you as well.

Darkane
12-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Maxt

Pretty much, but I actually found one that seems to give a shit about their customers.

New one in the south?

roll_over
12-03-2016, 07:16 PM

And out of the two private ones i looked at, both refused to buy/show me the car proof. .

I’m assuming what you mean there is they refused to buy for you, not refused to show you a copy of the carproof that they obviously bought in order to make the sale of their car easier.

I don’t blame them, if you’re that interested then you can buy your own. It’s not a private seller’s responsibility to run one for you.

Maxt
12-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

New one in the south?

Real far south...Lethbridge.

acedia
12-03-2016, 10:24 PM
OP,

Your username certainly fits you.

acedia
12-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
TL911, flip me a quick PM or email [email protected] , I have a few used Rogues that may or may not work, I'm located in Red Deer which is a bit of a pain but at the very least Ill make sure you don't get the run around.

It could definitely be worth your time to drive up there. It sure as hell was for me earlier this year! If you're into a nice no-bullshit sale, Ryan is your guy.

I don't know how he handles supermarket lineup wait times, but he sure as hell takes care of customers at this dealership. :D

mrsingh
12-04-2016, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Originally posted by acedia

It could definitely be worth your time to drive up there. It sure as hell was for me earlier this year! If you're into a nice no-bullshit sale, Ryan is your guy.

I don't know how he handles supermarket lineup wait times, but he sure as hell takes care of customers at this dealership. :D

+1 on Ryan, definitely worth the drive up. Had the easiest, most pain free experience ever getting a vehicle from him. :thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
12-04-2016, 02:49 PM

ercchry
12-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Thought for sure shaw gmc would be on your list :rofl:

Sugarphreak
12-04-2016, 07:08 PM

Lex350
12-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Maxt

Yes...this.....so much truth here!

jwslam
12-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
If you end up buying a Honda, stay away from Honda West - they are the Sunridge Nissan equivalent.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I feel obligated to say that I don't really agree with this statement

I've been dealing with Honda West for the past 10 years or so. Bought cars from them, had virtually all the cars I've owned (Honda or other) in their service department one point or the other. Ordered parts of all kinds... Always consistently great service.
Honda West has great customer service, on their new side.
The used side is greasy as everyone else.

G-ZUS
12-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Dealt with them via email only, so not much help, but their 'best' prices were quite high. Go to Okotoks Honda if you don't want your time wasted, but it might be harder if you're looking used.

Okotoks Honda used department is greasy too.

sneek
12-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by mrsingh

+1 on Ryan, definitely worth the drive up. Had the easiest, most pain free experience ever getting a vehicle from him. :thumbsup:

Another +1 for Ryan. Sadly ICBC was the one that gave me the runaround and prevented me from getting a car :cry:

nobb
12-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Is it even possible for used car dealerships or used sales departments to not be greasy? It's the nature of the business model and the type of clients they have to deal with.

TL911
12-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Thanks guys! I did go ahead and pull the trigger on a Civic over the weekend. I dealt with Village Honda. The guy i dealt with knew his shit and didn't bullshit me around. He was straight forward, to the point and didn't waste my time.

I did have a look at a few used ones on Friday. I ended up buying two car proof's. After looking at them, i wasn't impressed because both cars had a claim on it (one for around 6k and the other 11k). And when I initially asked the owner if their were any claims, the answer was no.

I'm still in the market for another vehicle and will be emailing Ryan to see if he can hook me up.

Thanks again!

Sugarphreak
12-05-2016, 09:31 PM

jaylo
12-06-2016, 09:47 AM
I have had great customer service on both Mercedes-Benz dealerships but the greasiest I heard based from my good friend's experience grabbing a Rogue during Nissan Days of Deal a few months ago goes to Sunridge Nissan.

austic
12-06-2016, 10:13 AM

Yeah I could see that

I've only ever dealt with the new side and service department

My Parents have bought several cars from Honda West on the new side and have seemed to like it. Probably depends on who you get.

Mitsu3000gt
12-06-2016, 11:26 AM

Yeah I could see that

I've only ever dealt with the new side and service department

Honda West's new side is *HORRIBLE*. This is based on multiple experiences with multiple sales people. Worst dealership experience I have had, each separate time. Their service dept. is just as bad (Have also used multiple times for oil changes).

The only time I dealt with their used dept. was in 2011 and they accepted my first offer, didn't try to sell me anything else, and was relatively smooth. Could be different now too. Just stay away from their new dept.

Dumbass17
12-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by cjblair

Yeah, that's definitely a dick move. Not like the employees are busy trying to serve customers, better give them the job of cleaning up after you as well.
Have you seen some of the cashiers? They're so god damn slow and there's lineups with 15 people in them and 2 cashiers open.

I'm not talking about leaving my basket if there's two people ahead of me haha

jwslam
12-06-2016, 04:03 PM

Have you seen some of the cashiers? They're so god damn slow and there's lineups with 15 people in them and 2 cashiers open.

I'm not talking about leaving my basket if there's two people ahead of me haha
You're talking about YOU took the time to fill a basket, but expect SOMEONE ELSE to clean up after you when you decide you don't want it.

On that note, where do you live? My dog might come shit on your lawn, but because I don't want to pick up the shit and take it with me it's going to stay there.

Back at op: did you buy new at village?

TL911
12-06-2016, 04:45 PM
@jwslam...Bought used, the sales guy was a car junky and knows everything about Honda's and Acura's.

i missed out on a 2012 TL thou.

Seth1968
12-06-2016, 06:55 PM
So why is that the whole of car sales seems to have such a bad rap? Wouldn't such poor service as described be counterproductive to the whole idea of being in business?

Anyway, EPIC Simpsons in which Homer visits Crazy Vaclav's used cars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfkdM-WraiY

Seth1968
12-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

You're talking about YOU took the time to fill a basket, but expect SOMEONE ELSE to clean up after you when you decide you don't want it.

Well it does send a good message to the store.

Today I walked into a Dollarrama to get some low cost Panasonic batteries and Cheddar Bugles. There was one cashier for 4 tills, and that cashier was a new kid that was understandably oblivious to the 20 or so pissed off people in line.

I walked up to the till and calmly told him that he might want to call for help. He did so, and within seconds, 2 other cashiers showed up.

Why wasn't someone watching out for the new guy, and why didn't anyone in line say anything about it?

IMO though, I understand why one could get so fed up that they set their basket down and walk away.

JohnnyHockey
12-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

On that note, where do you live? My dog might come shit on your lawn, but because I don't want to pick up the shit and take it with me it's going to stay there.

Back at op: did you buy new at village?

Like I said not surprised he's drives an X5, certainly fits the profile. Dick.

Dumbass17
12-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey

Like I said not surprised he's drives an X5, certainly fits the profile. Dick.
Jealousy is strong in this one.

Also, you guys need to calm down, it's customer service. Don't pretend you've never waited in line and been annoyed and didn't want to give the store your business. Oh sorry, I forgot, it's a message board and you're all perfect with 6 packs and nice cars that aren't a bmw. Grow up, idiots.

JohnnyHockey
12-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Wow, the entitled prick who leaves his full grocery basket on the floor and leaves is telling everyone to grow up haha haha... Keep perpetuating the BMW stereotype bud. Nothing to do with jealousy, the fact that you assume that speaks volumes about your attitude :rolleyes:

rage2
12-08-2016, 12:07 PM
I'm surprised you don't use Superstore Click and Collect. It's like bottle service for grocery shopping. Perfect for us BMW and Mercedes d-bags haha.

A790
12-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Jealousy is strong in this one.
:rofl:

Love that reaction.

Rocket1k78
12-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Fuck i love this place:D
Gotta love it when a car dealer thread turns into a grocery line debate.

XylathaneGTR
12-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by A790

Love that reaction.
it's like he's just asking to be shit on...I don't get it. Comes into a thread, says something fucking retarded that has nothing to do with the original topic, and perpetuates it even more with shit like 'you jelly of my 10 year old X5 brah'

wtf?

A790
12-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

it's like he's just asking to be shit on...I don't get it. Comes into a thread, says something fucking retarded that has nothing to do with the original topic, and perpetuates it even more with shit like 'you jelly of my 10 year old X5 brah'

wtf?
Eh, whatever makes him happy I guess. Personally, I think X5's are great little SUV's. Probably does well in winter.

Personally, I've never owned a supercar so I'm quite jealous of his X5.

SOAB
12-09-2016, 10:29 AM
It ain't no supercar unless it's an X5M

Rocket1k78
12-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

wtf?

Is it really a 10 yr old x5? They're nice rides but i dont think that qualifies you to say someone is jealous of you lol