PDA

View Full Version : Stolen: 2001 Black BMW M5 (E39)

chautown
12-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Hi Beyond...

A colleague of mine had their car stolen right of out their garage early Friday morning and now need help locating it if still kicking around town.

Car is an early model black BMW M5 (E39) stolen from the neighbourhood of Nolan Hill in the NW. Car was parked in a garage late Thursday night and found missing Friday morning December 2nd.

Plate number is BSY 3366 and is currently on a winter tire setup. Please keep an eye out. VIN number is WBSDE93411BZ98390

If you see it, call the police or send me a pm with your number so I can have my buddy give you a call.

This car is not a common vehicle you see around town so please be on the lookout for anything similar.

Help is greatly appreciated!!

Edit: Car has been located by police in Calgary. Thanks for the sightings though, it was great help to know car was still around town.

mrsingh
12-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Stolen out of his garage, that is worrisome, I swear this part of the North is turning ghetto. I am close by in Kincora, if I will keep my eyes open for it. :(

rx7boi
12-03-2016, 11:27 PM
Will keep an eye out for it as well.

I live in Sage Hill and can't believe someone would do that in this area of town haha.

Dalking
12-03-2016, 11:50 PM
As someone who is currently searching for their stolen vehicle, I sure hope these people find theirs. And stolen out of their garage? What a horrible horrible feeling :( I'm sorry to hear this, good luck car owners :(

speedog
12-03-2016, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi
Will keep an eye out for it as well.

I live in Sage Hill and can't believe someone would do that in this area of town haha.

There are areas where cars shouldn't be stolen out of garages? What exactly makes these areas so special? Are there special snowflakes living in these areas?

Neil4Speed
12-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by speedog

There are areas where cars shouldn't be stolen out of garages? What exactly makes these areas so special? Are there special snowflakes living in these areas?

I think that comment was more so speaking to the likelihood of getting a car stolen in a newer far out NW suburb rather than say, Rundle, Temple, or Downtown.

http://crimemap.calgarypolice.ca/content/DisclaimerPage.aspx

I'm really sorry to hear about this, I will keep an eye out, definitely a car that would catch my eye regularly.

speedog
12-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Well I guess those NW members better hope that this isn't the start of trend.

Maxt
12-04-2016, 11:43 AM
I do believe I parked beside that car at the Heritage London drugs yesterday.

Sentry
12-04-2016, 01:48 PM
I'll keep my eyes peeled. An M5 would grab my attention anyway so if I see any I'll be sure to check if they match this car.

On M5board he said the car is currently on 17" style 66 winter rims, so would look like this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2f/34/cf/2f34cfedd037e3dfcf068a455cce9d1d.jpg

Maxt
12-04-2016, 02:33 PM
There was something going on at London Drugs when we pulled up, there were 3 or 4 cop cars in front of the store talking to a guy from the store, not sure if its related, but you might want to check it out in case something is on video there.
I parked beside the M5 because it was clean and the driver would probably be careful about door dings. It was gone when we came out of the store 15 minutes later.

spikerS
12-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Shit. Couldn't remember the licence plate, but I think I just saw it (45 mins ago now) on 16th ave headed east from Deerfoot. Saw it and remarked to Baygirl "I wonder if it's that stolen car off beyond", and so when I got home, I checked it. Pretty sure the first 3 digits of the licence plate matched up.

Sorry, if I had been more on the ball, I would have called it in.

chautown
12-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Thank you everyone for keeping an eye out for the car! Seems as though the car is still driving around town and *knock on wood* not in a chop shop somewhere in Mexico.

If anyone continues to see that car, please send me a PM with your number so I can have my buddy give you a call.

Thanks again!

Maxt and SpikerS, I've PM'd both of you. Hoping you can give my friend a call to provide more details about where you last saw the car. Any clues may help at this point...

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2016, 10:46 PM
There seems to be a rash of vehicles being stolen out of garages these days. Anyone know what's going on? Breaking into the house and grabbing the keys or are they using something to open overhead garage doors?

I spend lots of my day on the road all over town, I jotted the plate number on a post it and stuck it to my dash.

spikerS
12-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by chautown
Thank you everyone for keeping an eye out for the car! Seems as though the car is still driving around town and *knock on wood* not in a chop shop somewhere in Mexico.

If anyone continues to see that car, please send me a PM with your number so I can have my buddy give you a call.

Thanks again!

Maxt and SpikerS, I've PM'd both of you. Hoping you can give my friend a call to provide more details about where you last saw the car. Any clues may help at this point...

Sorry man, I am not going to be phoning him. Every detail I have I put in my post. Would be a pretty awkward phone call to make, and I am sure you have already passed on my post information on to him.

spikerS
12-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
There seems to be a rash of vehicles being stolen out of garages these days. Anyone know what's going on? Breaking into the house and grabbing the keys or are they using something to open overhead garage doors?

I spend lots of my day on the road all over town, I jotted the plate number on a post it and stuck it to my dash.

That is exactly what is happening. Bad guys are breaking into your house while you are asleep, and the majority of people leave their car keys by the door on a table or key hanger or whatever. Bad guy picks them up, and walks back outside and drives away your whip.

redline
12-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by spikerS

That is exactly what is happening. Bad guys are breaking into your house while you are asleep, and the majority of people leave their car keys by the door on a table or key hanger or whatever. Bad guy picks them up, and walks back outside and drives away your whip.

Down the street from they left their garage door open and they grabbed a set of keys by the back door and stole the suv out of the garage.... a week later they had listed the house for sale at a fire sale price... and moved like a month later.