PDA

View Full Version : Heated Parking Downtown

bjstare
12-04-2016, 10:38 AM
For all those that drive to work DT, where do you park? For the time being, I'm looking for the cheapest daily rate for heated parking. Like to be within a few blocks of 4th Ave and Centre St, that's roughly where my office is.

I saw U/G at the bow was $17/day or something, which seems really cheap. Any other good spots around there?

Lastly, for those that use this parking, what time does it fill up by in the morning?

killramos
12-04-2016, 10:50 AM
I got a pretty good deal for an open lot from cheapparkingcalgary last Christmas. Might be worth a look? Looks like bow valley square is an option for about the going rate for covered heated monthly. Which is like 500.

There is something to be said for having a monthly pass too as paying at the machines every day for daily gets old and costs really add up esp lots that don't let you come and go during the day.

James short is a good parkade as well but I don't know what the price is anymore, they do offer a limited number of monthly passes. Doubt it's less than 17 a day at the bow if that is true.

bjstare
12-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Thanks for that site. Looks like there's a couple options there within 2 blocks of my office for under $350. Also the Bow is around the $350 mark as well.

:thumbsup:

Xtrema
12-04-2016, 02:03 PM
$500/mth for Bow Valley square, damn that's cheap.

mrsingh
12-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
Thanks for that site. Looks like there's a couple options there within 2 blocks of my office for under $350. Also the Bow is around the $350 mark as well.

:thumbsup:

The waiting list for the Bow is well over six months. That being said it is $350+tax for a reserved spot which is a good price for that location.

Originally posted by Xtrema
$500/mth for Bow Valley square, damn that's cheap.

I cannot justify calling what is greater than most people's car payment cheap. That being said, it is good to see some of these parking prices starting to trend downward.

Xtrema
12-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by mrsingh
I cannot justify calling what is greater than most people's car payment cheap. That being said, it is good to see some of these parking prices starting to trend downward.

Relatively I guess but if we ever fill up all these new towers again, I'm sure prices will go back to $700+ /month.

dandia89
12-06-2016, 05:23 PM
i live two blocks from 4th and centre and my underground parkade is full of DT workers. It's crazy how I struggle to leave FOR work some mornings because of the influx of traffic coming into my building parkade:nut:

BigMass
12-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by mrsingh

Most people parking there are paying that off in their first 15 minutes of morning coffee and internet surfing. 2min. piss break if we're talking, "beyondballer" Rage2 status :p

bigbadboss101
12-06-2016, 10:14 PM
I used to have monthly parking at the Bow. Was paying just over $500 a month but I cancelled after 1.5 years. Soon after they dropped the rate to ~$310 a month and I asked the lady if I can get back on since I still have the card. She said they discarded my banking info already and would need to get back on the waiting list.

$17 daily is probably the cheapest for that area. The outdoor Impark lot across the street is still $24 a day. The Bow is getting busy though. At 6am I used to be able to pick my parking stalls but now you might have to go to a different floor.

nzwasp
12-06-2016, 11:21 PM
My wife just picked up a reserved spot underneath the dragon mall in china town. The exit is onto 4th st sw between center and 1st se. She pays $330 a month, and its heated. No complaints so far.

The lot is managed by impark

killramos
04-17-2018, 04:32 PM
Thought I would bump this thread instead of starting another.

Looking to get another monthly spot on the north end of DT, anyone know of any well priced lots?

Looking for heated and covered. Looks like Jamieson Place is best deal at 435 for P5 only (who cares).

Cheap parking Calgary looks like it hasn’t been updated in a couple years which used to be my go to for finding deals.

ExtraSlow
04-17-2018, 04:39 PM
Eau Claire market used to be reasonable. Also check out Eau Claire place

Xtrema
04-17-2018, 04:45 PM
Cheap parking Calgary looks like it hasn’t been updated in a couple years which used to be my go to for finding deals.

http://cheapparkingcalgary.com/heated-parking/495-lot-35-225-6th-avenue-sw/

Since they listed Brookfield place, how out of date could they be?

R-Audi
04-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Bow Valley is $495, James Short is $445, Suncor is $530. (My Business has stalls in all three currently)

Word of warning with James Short, I have a few clients who park there and there have been a few break ins lately... not as secure as some others around the area. Main reason its popular is the height, its ~6'8 compared to 6'6 at Suncor and 6'2 (or 0) at BVS. Interestingly enough, while BVS is 6'2, most the the parkade is quite high, while Suncor has quite a few pipes, sprinklers and signs that easily hit 6'6 mark.

If you are confined to a certain level, Id try it out daily to see how long it takes to get out. I was in Jamieson a number of years ago and it was always delayed from people trying to turn west even though signs said you couldnt. (Before Calgary Place was finished, it may be different now)

killramos
04-17-2018, 05:24 PM
http://cheapparkingcalgary.com/heated-parking/495-lot-35-225-6th-avenue-sw/

Since they listed Brookfield place, how out of date could they be?

I haven’t seen anything on that website change in at least a year. That lot has been open a while. So that’s fairly out of date.

- - - Updated - - -

Bow Valley is $495, James Short is $445, Suncor is $530. (My Business has stalls in all three currently)

Word of warning with James Short, I have a few clients who park there and there have been a few break ins lately... not as secure as some others around the area. Main reason its popular is the height, its ~6'8 compared to 6'6 at Suncor and 6'2 (or 0) at BVS. Interestingly enough, while BVS is 6'2, most the the parkade is quite high, while Suncor has quite a few pipes, sprinklers and signs that easily hit 6'6 mark.

If you are confined to a certain level, Id try it out daily to see how long it takes to get out. I was in Jamieson a number of years ago and it was always delayed from people trying to turn west even though signs said you couldnt. (Before Calgary Place was finished, it may be different now)

Funny I have been parking in a Calgary place for the last couple months, their Monday and Friday cheap days bring the overall average down to ~500. But I’m getting sick of using the machine every day not going to lie.

Fortunately I would be going east. It did look a bit backed up this afternoon though. So that’s something to consider.

Disoblige
04-17-2018, 06:14 PM
I'd let you park in my spot underground cheap but it's out of the way near Stampede Station. PM if it interests you.

killramos
04-17-2018, 06:42 PM
^ bit far, that’s almost as far as I live from DT haha

Thanks though!

I’m probabaly going to go with jamieson since I’m actually working there right now. Eau Claire is another good option though for substantial savings.

Just wondering if there was any deals I was missing.

bigbadboss101
04-17-2018, 08:22 PM
Dang prices are back high again. The Bow (Encana) was at $341.xx after tax. For May it goes up to $393.xx for non reserved. Looks to be a bargain!

canadian_hustla
04-18-2018, 10:04 PM

Word of warning with James Short, I have a few clients who park there and there have been a few break ins lately... not as secure as some others around the area. Main reason its popular is the height, its ~6'8.

Yup I have a monthly spot in James Short and picked it over others due to the height. My 6'7 inch Sequoia has 1 inch to spare and I am not the only one.

I have also noticed more unsavoryness as of late. More and more homeless including full out shopping carts filled with stuff, people shooting up, usually between p3 & p4. Also the stairwell can be quite, aromatic. Mixture of pee, tobacco, weed and whatever else. More grafitti too. I think the big reason is because it is a public lot. Fortunately no break-ins yet.

Edit: JS is $467.25 after tax

Xtrema
04-20-2018, 12:14 PM
I have also noticed more unsavoryness as of late. More and more homeless including full out shopping carts filled with stuff, people shooting up, usually between p3 & p4. Also the stairwell can be quite, aromatic. Mixture of pee, tobacco, weed and whatever else. More grafitti too. I think the big reason is because it is a public lot. Fortunately no break-ins yet.

Same everywhere, especially bad this winter. I have seen quite a few shattered windows at my lot at beltline. And stairwell has been a collection of needles/pee/condoms that I stop going thru it.

schocker
04-20-2018, 01:52 PM
Mcdougal is $399 now with fresh new ramps and only poop in the stairwell one time.

spikerS
04-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Yup I have a monthly spot in James Short and picked it over others due to the height. My 6'7 inch Sequoia has 1 inch to spare and I am not the only one.

Edit: JS is $467.25 after tax

yeah, I park there too, but I am in there before 6am and usually leave just after 6pm and it's because of the height. i don't think my truck would fit in a 6'6" parkade. Even though I just pay the daily rate, I have one particular spot I always park in. easiest to get out of the spot and the parkade.

Thankfully, no issues with break-ins or anything, and haven't had any encounters of undesirables or what not.

max_boost
04-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Damn I had no idea underground parking was worth such a premium. I let one of my gfs use my condo parking spot for work and I think I'm stuck now, can't make her pay lol Damn that be sweet to fetch $400 for it lol

bigbadboss101
04-21-2018, 12:23 AM
Damn I had no idea underground parking was worth such a premium. I let one of my gfs use my condo parking spot for work and I think I'm stuck now, can't make her pay lol Damn that be sweet to fetch $400 for it lol

Get your other Gfs to get it back from her.

rage2
04-21-2018, 12:38 AM
Just the job for his bottom bitch.

FraserB
04-21-2018, 09:03 AM

I love how you just slid the humblebrag in there

TomcoPDR
04-21-2018, 02:50 PM

I love how you just slid the humblebrag in there

It's inspirating though. What'd be more impressive is if Max times it with a girl that works at the pubs nearby. So the office gf gets 8-5pm parking, then the pub gf gets 8pm-2am parking. Then 5pm-8pm vacant slot for a side bitch. #TheWeekend #MaxBitchesOutOfOurLeague

bleu
04-21-2018, 03:03 PM
It's inspirating though. What'd be more impressive is if Max times it with a girl that works at the pubs nearby. So the office gf gets 8-5pm parking, then the pub gf gets 8pm-2am parking. Then 5pm-8pm vacant slot for a side bitch. #TheWeekend #MaxBitchesOutOfOurLeague

Meanwhile MB out here living his best life. ��

canadian_hustla
04-21-2018, 08:25 PM
yeah, I park there too, but I am in there before 6am and usually leave just after 6pm and it's because of the height. i don't think my truck would fit in a 6'6" parkade. Even though I just pay the daily rate, I have one particular spot I always park in. easiest to get out of the spot and the parkade.

Thankfully, no issues with break-ins or anything, and haven't had any encounters of undesirables or what not.

Haha yeah aside from time (I usually get there around 830am) our parkade routines are quite similar. I prefer to park in a certain spot as well, p4, because there is lots of room to back out and it is rare that I have someone tailgating me down there . Its at the end of a row. The one thing I hate is the yellow vertical posts that you have to squeeze through just after entering/exiting the parkade. Especially off of 4th ave. Hard left turn. Every day, like seriously every day I feel like I am going to hit them. My bumper sensors are quite vocal. Bonus points if you are being tailgated. So far so good!!!

R-Audi
04-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Sounds like fun... I have been going back and forth about switching to JS parkade as my SUV hit a few signs in Suncor and I cant park in stalls that have downturned sprinkler heads.. and want bigger tires.

bigbadboss101
04-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Sounds like fun... I have been going back and forth about switching to JS parkade as my SUV hit a few signs in Suncor and I cant park in stalls that have downturned sprinkler heads.. and want bigger tires.

I don't have issue with vehicle height so I didn't pay attention. So JS has the most clearance and Suncor and the BOW are both no go? I know BOW P1 has pipes and such. Don't remember if the other floors are like that. JS has more traffic but you can find a spot that is more roomy.

R-Audi
04-23-2018, 10:15 AM
JS has a higher ceiling height than Bow Valley Square and Suncor. My company has a contract with all 3, so that is currently my option.

darthVWader
04-23-2018, 09:41 PM
Never park on P5 at Jamieson!!! They can't tell if your an hourly or monthly Parker. Pay the P5 rate and if you get in early enough park higher up. Or sign up for the carpool.

killramos
02-12-2020, 05:54 PM
Never park on P5 at Jamieson!!! They can't tell if your an hourly or monthly Parker. Pay the P5 rate and if you get in early enough park higher up. Or sign up for the carpool.

Funny story,

They did a blitz on P5 Parker’s at Jameson today. Dunno how they got me since my trucks plate was pressed against the wall, but they did. Must have checked my transponder code in my windshield.

I think I have to pay the fucker too since they have linked my truck plate and account to it...

darthVWader
02-14-2020, 05:38 AM
Shitty!!! Must have been the transponder. So no warning? Just a straight up ticket?

ExtraSlow
02-14-2020, 08:02 AM
Is it one of those optional impark tickets?

speedog
02-14-2020, 08:26 AM

Believe that's a city lot.

Edit CPA lot 40

The_Rural_Juror
02-14-2020, 08:29 AM
What's the story behind P5?

killramos
02-14-2020, 09:09 AM
Shitty!!! Must have been the transponder. So no warning? Just a straight up ticket?

Yup straight to a ticket, a couple of us at work got them.

I’m thinking yes, I even tried paying it and my plate doesn’t show in the system. I’m going to feign ignorance that I never got the ticket and see if anything more comes of it. If they were really mad they could tow my truck out (good fucking luck with that)

speedog
02-14-2020, 05:25 PM
Yup straight to a ticket, a couple of us at work got them.

I’m thinking yes, I even tried paying it and my plate doesn’t show in the system. I’m going to feign ignorance that I never got the ticket and see if anything more comes of it. If they were really mad they could tow my truck out (good fucking luck with that)

Nope, Calgary Parking Authority lot 40.

killramos
02-14-2020, 05:31 PM
I’m just assuming he responding to my post rather than yours from 2 years ago.

But only Extra slow is to say lol

ExtraSlow
02-14-2020, 05:36 PM
I’m just assuming he responding to my post rather than yours from 2 years ago.

But only Extra slow is to say lol
ExtraSlow is one mysterious motherfucker. Who knows what the dude is thinking, he is truly living in a land of confusion.

The_Rural_Juror
02-14-2020, 11:23 PM
I am confused about the ticket and p5 situation.

darthVWader
02-15-2020, 05:42 AM
I am confused about the ticket and p5 situation.

P5 is a super long drive down to the bottom of Jamison Place. So impark offers Parkers a cheaper monthly rate to park on the p5 level.

speedog
02-15-2020, 08:31 AM
P5 is a super long drive down to the bottom of Jamison Place. So impark offers Parkers a cheaper monthly rate to park on the p5 level.

It's not an Impark lot, it's owned and operated by the Calgary Parking Authority.

And for the confusion, people will pay for the cheaper monthly parking but then take their chances and park on shallower levels.

As for tickets received in this lot, as it is a CPA lot these tickets do carry some weight and I believe it's these ones that'll show up against your vehicle's registration the next time your plates come up for renewal.

ExtraSlow
02-15-2020, 08:47 AM

killramos
02-15-2020, 09:07 AM

Lol that’s an appropriate response to when Grandpa starts rambling yes.

ExtraSlow
02-15-2020, 09:11 AM
Lol that’s an appropriate response to when Grandpa starts rambling yes.

speedog
02-15-2020, 09:22 AM
:clap:

The_Rural_Juror
02-15-2020, 10:02 AM
This explains why I almost passed out from the smell of poor people the one time I got out on P5 accidentally.

speedog
02-15-2020, 10:08 AM
This explains why I almost passed out from the smell of poor people the one time I got out on P5 accidentally.

One has to wonder what were you doing down there in the first place?

The_Rural_Juror
02-15-2020, 10:09 AM
I was hazed by the Aspen Scooter Gang.

ndhal417
02-15-2020, 01:34 PM
It's not an Impark lot, it's owned and operated by the Calgary Parking Authority.

And for the confusion, people will pay for the cheaper monthly parking but then take their chances and park on shallower levels.

As for tickets received in this lot, as it is a CPA lot these tickets do carry some weight and I believe it's these ones that'll show up against your vehicle's registration the next time your plates come up for renewal.

It’s an Impark lot and the building/parkade is owned by QuadReal.

https://lots.impark.com/IMP/EN?latlng=51.0486151,-114.0708459&zoom=14&_ga=2.91882842.1941963557.1581794995-766479087.1581794995#details=3,321

speedog
02-15-2020, 02:49 PM
It’s an Impark lot and the building/parkade is owned by QuadReal.

https://lots.impark.com/IMP/EN?latlng=51.0486151,-114.0708459&zoom=14&_ga=2.91882842.1941963557.1581794995-766479087.1581794995#details=3,321

Are two different lots being confused here?

Isn't JS short for James Short which is a CPA lot?

bjstare
02-15-2020, 02:51 PM
Jamieson place != James short

speedog
02-15-2020, 02:59 PM
So two different parkades being discussed in this thread with similar names. The P5 issue would appear to be Jamieson Place, not James Short.

killramos
02-15-2020, 03:58 PM
A+ thread

ExtraSlow
02-15-2020, 04:11 PM
A+ thread

It was a good thread in 2018. The 2020 update was less compelling.

speedog
02-15-2020, 04:16 PM
I've Forgotten Everything.

killramos
02-15-2020, 04:16 PM
It was a good thread in 2018. The 2020 update was less compelling.

We are all getting a bit past our prime. It happens.

The_Rural_Juror
02-16-2020, 09:02 AM
I hope that the P5ers will be lifted over the poverty line when this thread is revived in 2022. God bless.

killramos
07-22-2020, 08:04 AM
Just a bump to see if anyone has caught onto any good deals considering DT is shut down?

Probably going to just go daily for the next few months due to vacation plans etc (the margins between monthly and daily are pretty thin in my building). But if a good deal was to be had I would consider locking in, would like to be back in a monthly spot for the new year though.

My building hasn’t budged on rates at all despite being at 25% capacity tops.

FraserB
07-22-2020, 09:01 AM
Doesn't look like it. I've been keeping an eye on places around Suncor and it seems nothing has changed. I guess they know there will be massive demand soon since transit has been cut back so much and people simply won't really want to be on it.

J-D
07-22-2020, 09:10 AM
Doesn't look like it. I've been keeping an eye on places around Suncor and it seems nothing has changed. I guess they know there will be massive demand soon since transit has been cut back so much and people simply won't really want to be on it.

They know, that's why my company is still making us pay for parking while we're stuck at home :guns:

killramos
07-22-2020, 09:58 AM
I mean I can live with my old rate, would like a bit of a break but was curious what was out there.

lasimmon
07-22-2020, 10:09 AM
We cancelled our Impark recently and when I was returning my pass/fob I was chatting with the lady about rates and she didn't expect any discounts to come. Not sure that means much though.

R-Audi
07-22-2020, 11:15 AM
The Bow is $10 a day until August...Not sure after that.

For monthly, there will be cheap stalls in Fifth Ave place that should be available in August/September as well, ~$375 a month (rate not likely to change). I cant say much more as its a private company Im involved with and dont want to push the sponsor rules on the site..

killramos
07-22-2020, 11:31 AM
The Bow is $10 a day until August...Not sure after that.

For monthly, there will be cheap stalls in Fifth Ave place that should be available in August/September as well, ~$375 a month (rate not likely to change). I cant say much more as its a private company Im involved with and dont want to push the sponsor rules on the site..

Cool! Will look into it!

ercchry
07-22-2020, 11:34 AM
Cool! Will look into it!

How will you manage that massive walk?? :rofl:

How about something in the beltline? Rather walk to 9th ave vs fight the traffic that I’m sure will be extra awful when twice as many people are driving :barf:

killramos
07-22-2020, 12:04 PM
How will you manage that massive walk?? :rofl:

How about something in the beltline? Rather walk to 9th ave vs fight the traffic that I’m sure will be extra awful when twice as many people are driving :barf:

I mean, belt line to my building is 3/4 of my commute so...

ercchry
07-22-2020, 12:19 PM
I mean, belt line to my building is 3/4 of my commute so...

Have you heard of... the bicycle?? :rofl:

killramos
07-22-2020, 12:26 PM
Have you heard of... the bicycle?? :rofl:

The fuck kind of nonsense you on about. Hippy.

ercchry
07-22-2020, 12:29 PM
The fuck kind of nonsense you on about. Hippy.

I mean... it can be the ultimate douche accessory... $10k carbon road bike for your 5min commute :rofl:

killramos
07-22-2020, 12:48 PM
I mean... it can be the ultimate douche accessory... $10k carbon road bike for your 5min commute :rofl:

I’d rather buy a Tesla lol

ercchry
07-22-2020, 12:49 PM
I’d rather buy a Tesla lol

Ah, you’ll come around... the basic white guy is strong in you :rofl:

killramos
07-22-2020, 01:04 PM
Ah, you’ll come around... the basic white guy is strong in you :rofl:

Should I commute on my knobby tired dirt jumper? I don’t own bikes that you ride on pavement lol.

ercchry
07-22-2020, 01:18 PM
Should I commute on my knobby tired dirt jumper? I don’t own bikes that you ride on pavement lol.

Sounds like you have some room for improvement...

ExtraSlow
11-30-2020, 10:35 AM
Downtown parking is awesome now. Rolled into James Short at 8:59AM and the board was showing 754 available stalls.

bjstare
11-30-2020, 11:38 AM
Downtown parking is awesome now. Rolled into James Short at 8:59AM and the board was showing 754 available stalls.

Is it still $25/day or whatever?

ExtraSlow
11-30-2020, 11:42 AM
$22. CPA is very slow to lower prices. The Bow is $18, because indigo is quicker to respond to market forces. CPA will likely reduce prices just in time for everyone to go back to work next year.

bjstare
11-30-2020, 02:02 PM
$22. CPA is very slow to lower prices. The Bow is $18, because indigo is quicker to respond to market forces. CPA will likely reduce prices just in time for everyone to go back to work next year.

Perfect.

R-Audi
11-30-2020, 04:00 PM
Bow is the cheapest because of the Landlord as well, and the lease with both major tenants.

I have access to the same rate on a monthly basis ($375) at Fifth Ave if anyone is interested. Rate is locked in for 1.5 yrs too.

killramos
11-30-2020, 06:23 PM
Good to see these options. Anyone try and shoe horn a half ton (+lift) into 5th Ave place?

One thing I love about Jamieson is the parkade is huge and high.

Looking to get back into a monthly spot ~mid January based on current timelines.

ThePenIsMightier
12-01-2020, 12:17 AM

Whoa! That is awesome!

?????
12-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Long shot since you guys all WFH or work towards James Short and its December.

But my spot in LOT 226 - Pacific Parkade (Indigo, Covered, Non-Rooftop) is open for December only.
I'll take any compensation to recoup some cost. :devil:

suntan
12-02-2020, 11:26 AM
Good to see these options. Anyone try and shoe horn a half ton (+lift) into 5th Ave place?

One thing I love about Jamieson is the parkade is huge and high.

Looking to get back into a monthly spot ~mid January based on current timelines.5 Ave Place is my building, that parking lot barely fits a stock F150.

killramos
12-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Fair enough, my truck is stock but with the factory lift and sat radio antenna runs a bit high. Jamieson has been great for it so I might have to put up with the extra $, it’s my building anyway so that doesn’t bother me much.

suntan
12-02-2020, 11:31 AM
I couldn't get into the parking lot with my slightly larger tires. Hit the chains.

Besides, the third wave will preclude your return.

Too bad people don't understand Bayes Theorem. Oh well.

killramos
12-02-2020, 11:32 AM
I couldn't get into the parking lot with my slightly larger tires. Hit the chains.

I’m not signing up for shit until I get a confirmed back in the office date. Maybe even a few weeks after that.

ExtraSlow
04-26-2021, 02:42 PM
Well, signed up the the James Short FlexPass after y'all mentioned it in the covid thread. Thanks never

Looks like they still have it but no indication of timing so they could stop at any time.
https://www.calgaryparking.com/flexpass

riander5
04-26-2021, 02:47 PM

prediction checks out

killramos
04-26-2021, 03:02 PM
Yea with staggered returns and the uncertainty I ain’t doing anything but daily for the foreseeable future.

Honestly once summer shows up and accounting for vacation plans I don’t see myself needing a monthly spot until October maybe November the earliest.

Unless pricing dropped a TON to incentivize.

ExtraSlow
05-03-2021, 09:49 AM
Nice. First day of using Flexpass today at James Short. See this sign in the elevator lobby.

suntan
05-03-2021, 09:55 AM
Why are they closing it? Looks like a maint thing with that schedule.

ExtraSlow
05-03-2021, 10:02 AM
Seems like half of it is closed for painting already. So I assume that's what's happening.

TomcoPDR
05-03-2021, 10:09 AM
Would pay $100 to see them paint Extra Slow in the cautious turns