PDA

View Full Version : recommend a central vac company

Buster
12-04-2016, 05:15 PM
My power unit has a lot of suction, but I'm not getting much at the outlets. I think there is a leak somewhere, but I can't trace it.

Any recommendations?

roopi
12-05-2016, 12:29 PM
You tested the suction by hooking up the hose directly to the canister? Do all your outlets have low suction or just some of them? It is rare but one thing to try first is to push something into the outlets to make sure there are no clogs. You can try with a snake/hose before you pay someone to come take a look. I've heard also using another vacuum to suck out a clog works.

Buster
12-05-2016, 04:13 PM
I've tried fishing and the other vaccum trick.

I get good suction at the canister, when I disconnect it from the piping from the house and plug it. When I hook it back up to the house...bad suction. It's like there is a loose fitting somewhere, or even a crack somewhere.

JfuckinC
12-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Buster
I've tried fishing and the other vaccum trick.

I get good suction at the canister, when I disconnect it from the piping from the house and plug it. When I hook it back up to the house...bad suction. It's like there is a loose fitting somewhere, or even a crack somewhere.

Don't know anything about vac systems in particular, but have you checked to make sure all the interior connections have a good seal so when they aren't being used suction isn't lost at them :dunno:

Buster
12-05-2016, 04:50 PM
I tihnk I have, but I'm still getting leaks. There's a lot of vac piping in the houes, and it's hard to find where the pressure is getting lost.

roopi
12-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Buster
I tihnk I have, but I'm still getting leaks. There's a lot of vac piping in the houes, and it's hard to find where the pressure is getting lost.

Try and compare the suction from the closest vent to the canister and then move further away. If you have weak suction at the first vent then you know the leak/blockage is between the canister and the first vent.

Rocket1k78
12-05-2016, 05:19 PM
I dont know if all centrals are the same but drop the bottom part of it and then take a stick and run it around the perimeter of the top edge on the inside(sorry for the shitty explanation). Mine was acting the same way and i did the exact same thing as you by disconnecting the piping from the canister and to me the suction felt really strong when on but there was still no suction at the outlets. I had emptied the canister so i knew it was empty but when i looked up the canister i could see a massive clog of nasty hair and lint all the way around the perimeter of the inside. Took a stick to fish it out and couldn't believe how big it was but that fixed it. Good luck

imranm
12-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Delete

Buster
12-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Rocket1k78
I dont know if all centrals are the same but drop the bottom part of it and then take a stick and run it around the perimeter of the top edge on the inside(sorry for the shitty explanation). Mine was acting the same way and i did the exact same thing as you by disconnecting the piping from the canister and to me the suction felt really strong when on but there was still no suction at the outlets. I had emptied the canister so i knew it was empty but when i looked up the canister i could see a massive clog of nasty hair and lint all the way around the perimeter of the inside. Took a stick to fish it out and couldn't believe how big it was but that fixed it. Good luck

Thanks. There is good suction when the canister is attached. In other words, lots of air movement through the filter.