PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP Dealership Deposit!!

Pages : [1] 2

Josh Car Guy
12-06-2016, 08:21 PM
I bought a Mercedes Metris on saturday it was a quick dumb decision now that i think back but i signed the deal and gave my $1500 deposit. Next day it came to selling my van which i had inspected before knowing it was a small problem now turned into a huge problem needing a full engine replacement! My mechanic was not educated clearly.

I thought ok this is bad but maybe the insurance won't be i contacted my insurance and gave them the VIN they said $4000 a year!

I was shocked and didnt have any sleep that night thinking what did i just do. I called early morning monday and left a message they called me back and i explained what happened and how i needed to back out.

They said sure back out but we keep the deposit which is a lot of money. They said the vehicle was registered under my name already because i rushed them to have it given to me on monday night. Now that its registered it wont be sold as new again and they will lose money off it so it has to be sold as used.

Vince the sales manager told me to suck it up and learn from my mistake.and that i wasted their time on saturday and friday night.
I don't believe they had it registered so fast as when i called he said he stopped them from getting the license plate and the deal was on hold.

What can i say to get my deposit back? or atleast part of it i'm 19 and this is going to really hurt :(

eglove
12-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Why are you buying a Mercedes cargo van at 19???

JohnnyHockey
12-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Do you even know what the purpose of a deposit is?

TomcoPDR
12-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by eglove
Why are you buying a Mercedes cargo van at 19???

Bang bus

J.M.
12-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Bang bus

:rofl: :rofl:

revelations
12-06-2016, 08:41 PM
OP is 19, is unable to use the internetz and doesn't understand basic new-car purchase decisions.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/391230/yet-another-get-deposit-back-thread/
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371863/got-deposit-back-from-northstar-ford-crowfoot/
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/328401/maclin-ford-refused-refund-scammed-deposit/

I can still tell you what it was like to be 19 - definitely NOT buying a new vehicle.

BTW the Metris is about 50,000$ as a passenger/luxury van. Combine that with your age, its no wonder you got a high quote.

You should be looking for a 5,000$ van (many good ones out there) and consider the 1500$ as a learning experience.

FraserB
12-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Yeah, you don't really have any grounds to ask for the deposit back. Just be glad they are willing to do this and not hold you to the documents that you signed.

$1,500 is a cheap lesson compared to what you could be facing.

Josh Car Guy
12-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Yes i know the van is expensive but i had to lease a van for business and it seemed like a good choice.

And i know the Deposit is for making sure they dont waste their time on people like me. But i called back as soon as they opened to stop anything they were doing and i am willing to pay for any admin fees that were related.

I just don't believe the full 1500 is needed for them because i didn't sign any final papers just the initial deal stating the price of the lease i dont technically own the car so how can it be used?

anyone have anything i can say to get atleast a partial deposit?

max_boost
12-06-2016, 09:22 PM
they don't owe you anything bro. yes on a human basis, i feel bad for you etc. they could give you back you $100 or all of your money but clearly they aren't biting.

nothing personal, just business.

FraserB
12-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Josh Car Guy
Yes i know the van is expensive but i had to lease a van for business and it seemed like a good choice.

And i know the Deposit is for making sure they dont waste their time on people like me. But i called back as soon as they opened to stop anything they were doing and i am willing to pay for any admin fees that were related.

I just don't believe the full 1500 is needed for them because i didn't sign any final papers just the initial deal stating the price of the lease i dont technically own the car so how can it be used?

anyone have anything i can say to get atleast a partial deposit?

If they started the registration process after you asked them to, you signed enough to make you responsible for the lease.

MB isn't going to go and register a car for someone without being paid for it. Push them far enough and you run the risk they'll hold you responsible for everything you signed.

If it was registered, it's used now. Even if there are 0km on it.

revelations
12-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Um, leasing a vehicle is not the same as purchasing it.

What papers were LEFT for you to sign off on?

BTW - was this 50,000$ vehicle going to be used for UBER by chance?

Josh Car Guy
12-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by revelations

The final documents were left not sure what those are, They said bring your insurance when you come to pick up the car and im guessing the release papers.

And no it was not going to be used for Uber lol XD

I am aware i deserve nothing back i knew that when i called them back to cancel. But i am hoping they take what they need to break even as their not in business hoping people back out and can give me back the rest.

When i called Mercedes Benz Canada he said it seemed weird they coulda registered it so quick and theres always a way to return the registration unless they have a plate for it.

If the registration was the issue why didn't he say that when i first called on monday? and not wait till today to tell me they already had it registered? Even when i called other dealerships such as Audi he said its very unlikely and to ask for the papers. Even if their in the wrong they can still keep my deposit tho :(

ercchry
12-06-2016, 09:54 PM
How can they register a vehicle without proof of insurance?

Buster
12-06-2016, 09:56 PM
This is where the term "big boy pants" comes from.

FWIW, I've seen people learn things the hard way in much more expensive ways

Josh Car Guy
12-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
How can they register a vehicle without proof of insurance?

Thats what i was thinking but these luxury dealers must have a way because he was going to have a plate ready for me when i come to pick it up? He said get them to fax the insurance to us when you come or sometime during the day so maybe they did need it?

It could also mean they registered it to mercedes Benz which claims it as a used car. But when i called the other dealer they said it still shows up for on sale.

Don't know if they are lying to keep my deposit which they honestly don't have to or genuinely telling me theres no way?

i will go tomorrow to try one last push and talk to the GM but mostly if all managers are like that they learn from the GM.

ercchry
12-06-2016, 10:01 PM
I just bought a car from BMW a couple weeks ago, they need two documents from the insurance company, the temp pink slip, and a document that outlines the coverage and states the lien holder

Josh Car Guy
12-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Buster
This is where the term "big boy pants" comes from.

FWIW, I've seen people learn things the hard way in much more expensive ways

Very true i am some what happy i made the mistake as i will take the next car i choose VERY seriously and won't ever sign a contract until im 100% sure and slept on it for a few days no matter what

I am curious tho what stories do you have?

Josh Car Guy
12-06-2016, 10:04 PM
I just bought a car from BMW a couple weeks ago, they need two documents from the insurance company, the temp pink slip, and a document that outlines the coverage and states the lien holder

That is interesting that they would say registered it under my name then because obviously that isn't possible.

I am happy i am backing out and losing $1500 these people are horrible to deal i know i am in the wrong but theres a lot better ways to say thats not possible than telling me to "suck it up take the $1500 hit and grow up"

Not people im willing to deal with on a 5 year lease

ExtraSlow
12-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Learning more about buying and leasing cars will go a long way toward making you a real "car guy" Josh.

Josh Car Guy
12-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Learning more about buying and leasing cars will go a long way toward making you a real "car guy" Josh.

Hahahaha True True i guess my reputation proceeds me HAHAHAH:banghead:

roopi
12-06-2016, 10:29 PM

If you didn't provide these two items the vehicle is not registered.

carson blocks
12-06-2016, 10:36 PM
A quick stop at the registries tomorrow AM should tell you whether or not the van is registered in your name.

HiTempguy1
12-06-2016, 10:51 PM
No way it is registered.

Beyond that, go contact one of the bews outlets. They'll love this shit.

Scammy ass dealers and not returning deposits. I could understand if the vehicle had been paid for and brought to the dealers lot, but thats not the case here. Completely bullshit.

dirtsniffer
12-06-2016, 11:02 PM
Ya for sure. Did you pay for the deposit on visa? File a dispute with visa. Deposits are generally refundable. Go down there tomorrow and be noisy. They are obviously lying about the registration.

rage2
12-06-2016, 11:45 PM
Most people have covered it already, but dealers use registries just like any of us. They need a bill of sale, insurance, and a letter signed by you authorizing them to act as your agent to register a vehicle for you. Based on what you said, the vehicle isn't registered.

You mentioned that you dealt with Vince, which means Lone Star. Since I've bought a ton of cars from them, I looked up my last offer to purchase/deposit form. The standard verbiage says a deposit is non refundable. This is allowed contrary to what others might say. Even the AMVIC deposit template has a non refundable checkbox. Nothing "scammy" about that. Sure Vince's excuse is BS, but I doubt you'll win a CC dispute either assuming you signed off on the order.

http://i.imgur.com/O6TZwp7.jpg

So ya they have every right to keep your deposit for wasting their time. On the bright side, when you are ready to purchase again, you can use that deposit as you'll have a credit there. I did something similar at Calgary BMW in the 90s and 20 years later, used that $1000 deposit on a new car.

Kloubek
12-06-2016, 11:48 PM
OK, I'll consolidate the suggestions in order for you. Before I do, yes - you made a stupid mistake, but I think the lesson is learned so I'm not sure why people responding earlier in the thread just want to see you lose your money.

First, I also agree I don't see how it could be registered. That's good ammunition to bring to the GM - telling him you were lied to in order to try to keep your deposit. Insist in seeing, in writing, where you signed to agree the contact was non-refundable under these circumstances.

Check into the provincial laws first as to whether or not they can even do this. This is the best ammunition of all. AMVIC should be able to explain further.

If the GM doesn't resolve the issue, then ask to speak to HIS manager. That might be the owner, I don't know. If he doesn't agree, insist. Employees of any sort hate issues being brought above their heads, in fear of looking incompetent.

If there are no laws against it, then your only remaining course of action is "shaming" them online with poor reviews, and possibly going to the media with your story.

All of this is a pain, but it only concretes the lesson, imo. I am almost certain you will get your money back if the only seemingly solid reasoning they are resorting to is in the form of a lie.

Edit: Fuck. Rage beat me to it with a better answer than my own.

Bringing it higher in the hierarchy or public shaming it is...

automotivat3d
12-06-2016, 11:59 PM
There are multiple ways to get your deposit back just on your approach. Deposits are subject to approval, if you don't get approved the deposit is 100% fully refundable. The deposit is also refundable as long as you don't pick up the vehicle and drive away. However a sales manager can also give you your deposit back as a service credit if the vehicle is an ultra rare car such as a 2016 model and only 1 trim is available across Canada.

You can also be a little b*tch and bring it up to AMVIC lol but I wouldn't do that. Then again your 19, what are you doing with a Metris? Might as well drop that money on a C class or a CLA class to start with

rage2
12-07-2016, 12:35 AM
Deposits can be non refundable and are only subject to approval if it's stated in the conditionsas per Lone Star's standard agreement. Good thing I have a stack of em here, that stipulation has been there since my first purchase with them in '99. I don't know where some of you think deposits are always refundable. They're not. Like I said, even AMVICs deposit template has a check box for non refundable. It's just sellers discretion.

http://www.amvic.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/12-19-13-DEPOSIT-AGREEMENT-FINAL1.pdf

Assuming OP signed the standard agreement that every sale goes through he's SOL.

As for shaming or going to the media, all I have to say is :facepalm:. I mean if the dealer is legitimately wrong, then sure, but this is a pretty clear cut case where the OP fucked up and signed before thinking it through and made a dumb decision (his words).

Really, the dumb decision is even thinking of a Metris haha. Our version is based on a 10+ year old platform. I didn't even think LS sold any of those. The Bluetooth doesn't even support audio haha.

littledan
12-07-2016, 12:56 AM
don't listen to rage. despite owning several vehicles from the same dealership and an entire car forum, he clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

you can 100% get your deposit back. how do I know this? simple. because it is violating your human rights!

march right into that dealership and let vince know he has violated your "safe space" and you are now feeling threatened. ask him if he's gay. if he's straight, then tell him your gay. by signing that lease, they are now part of a gay-straight alliance. the terms of such clearly state that all spaces must be made safe at any cost, including banning non-refundable deposits.

problem solved! don't worry about thanking me just let me know how it turns out when you get your $1500 back.

vengie
12-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by littledan
don't listen to rage. despite owning several vehicles from the same dealership and an entire car forum, he clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

you can 100% get your deposit back. how do I know this? simple. because it is violating your human rights!

march right into that dealership and let vince know he has violated your "safe space" and you are now feeling threatened. ask him if he's gay. if he's straight, then tell him your gay. by signing that lease, they are now part of a gay-straight alliance. the terms of such clearly state that all spaces must be made safe at any cost, including banning non-refundable deposits.

problem solved! don't worry about thanking me just let me know how it turns out when you get your $1500 back.

You forgot the most important part, this exchange must take place in a gender neutral bathroom

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Ya for sure. Did you pay for the deposit on visa? File a dispute with visa. Deposits are generally refundable. Go down there tomorrow and be noisy. They are obviously lying about the registration.

Yea i don't think they registered it either, But is there a different kind of registration like with Mercedes or something that he could be talking about?

I will be calling the GM Wayne tomorrow morning and explaining him my story if he doesn't pick up which he hasn't yet i will go in to try and find him!

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by roopi

If you didn't provide these two items the vehicle is not registered.

Yes i definitely didn't give them anything like that but i'm just unsure what they mean by registered maybe he meant he registered it with Mercedes and now it will always show up as used?

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
OK, I'll consolidate the suggestions in order for you. Before I do, yes - you made a stupid mistake, but I think the lesson is learned so I'm not sure why people responding earlier in the thread just want to see you lose your money.

First, I also agree I don't see how it could be registered. That's good ammunition to bring to the GM - telling him you were lied to in order to try to keep your deposit. Insist in seeing, in writing, where you signed to agree the contact was non-refundable under these circumstances.

Check into the provincial laws first as to whether or not they can even do this. This is the best ammunition of all. AMVIC should be able to explain further.

If the GM doesn't resolve the issue, then ask to speak to HIS manager. That might be the owner, I don't know. If he doesn't agree, insist. Employees of any sort hate issues being brought above their heads, in fear of looking incompetent.

If there are no laws against it, then your only remaining course of action is "shaming" them online with poor reviews, and possibly going to the media with your story.

All of this is a pain, but it only concretes the lesson, imo. I am almost certain you will get your money back if the only seemingly solid reasoning they are resorting to is in the form of a lie.

Edit: Fuck. Rage beat me to it with a better answer than my own.

Bringing it higher in the hierarchy or public shaming it is...

Thanks Kloubek!!

That has given me hope for sure thought it was time to give up and move on but i'm definitely going to push them a bit further!

I have been trying to contact the GM Wayne since monday morning but only get his voice mail the managers all say he's busy and doesn't have time for things like this and they will carry my message to him.

It seemed odd forsure that they came at me hard with the excuse they registered the car already on monday but only bothered telling me on tuesday that the car will now be "used"

If i can't reach him tomorrow to explain my situation i will be heading in later in the day to at least catch him in his office.

But even if they fail to show me proof the car was registered like Rage said the deposit is non refundable but they have no reason to keep it then? I will pay them for the salesmen time which they said i spent all day friday and saturday with which isn't quite true but i am still willing to pay for that time.

I should have recorded the convo we had he sounded really arrogant while i was being calm and trying to understand what was happening not sure if that could be used for CBC but it would get them jumping for sure :D

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by automotivat3d
There are multiple ways to get your deposit back just on your approach. Deposits are subject to approval, if you don't get approved the deposit is 100% fully refundable. The deposit is also refundable as long as you don't pick up the vehicle and drive away. However a sales manager can also give you your deposit back as a service credit if the vehicle is an ultra rare car such as a 2016 model and only 1 trim is available across Canada.

You can also be a little b*tch and bring it up to AMVIC lol but I wouldn't do that. Then again your 19, what are you doing with a Metris? Might as well drop that money on a C class or a CLA class to start with

Ok thanks for the Info! I will try for sure then since i didn't come close to driving it off the lot.

I chose the Metris because i thought it would be a nicer alternative to the Ford Connect and i still think it is.(Needed a cargo van) But i didn't know the costs would add up to be so much will probably go with a honda now :) .. After i get this settled which is hopefully soon

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Deposits can be non refundable and are only subject to approval if it's stated in the conditionsas per Lone Star's standard agreement. Good thing I have a stack of em here, that stipulation has been there since my first purchase with them in '99. I don't know where some of you think deposits are always refundable. They're not. Like I said, even AMVICs deposit template has a check box for non refundable. It's just sellers discretion.

http://www.amvic.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/12-19-13-DEPOSIT-AGREEMENT-FINAL1.pdf

Assuming OP signed the standard agreement that every sale goes through he's SOL.

As for shaming or going to the media, all I have to say is :facepalm:. I mean if the dealer is legitimately wrong, then sure, but this is a pretty clear cut case where the OP fucked up and signed before thinking it through and made a dumb decision (his words).

Really, the dumb decision is even thinking of a Metris haha. Our version is based on a 10+ year old platform. I didn't even think LS sold any of those. The Bluetooth doesn't even support audio haha.

I am just hoping that they would give me some of it back atleast since i am sure it will cover their costs and even more especially if the vehicle can be sold as "New" again and not Used like they told me.

I am happy i chose to back out before getting the Metris lol definitely not worth the price i just compared it to the ford connect and thought it would be better which i guess it is but a pick up truck would be cheaper and come with more features. Glad i am not stuck with it for 5 years!

But why have they choose to lie when they really don't have to give my deposit back no matter what my reason is? Thats what i don't understand just tell me you'd rather keep my money i would understand that more then i would a cover story.

It shows you what kind of people they are, but I'm guessing your experiences have been good so far since you've been with them for so long

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by littledan

Does this really work lol? I will honestly give it a shot when all else fails and i'm walking away might as well XD

KRyn
12-07-2016, 08:10 AM

Does this really work lol? I will honestly give it a shot when all else fails and i'm walking away might as well XD

You exemplify everything that is wrong with the newest generation.

killramos
12-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Is this thread real?

Feels like beyond 5 years ago again :thumbsup:

J-hop
12-07-2016, 08:23 AM
I know hindsight is 20/20 but insurance companies (at least the majors) have online calculators to give you a rough insurance estimate. So going forward it might be worth doing this before going in to the dealer.

Just out of curiosity what is pushing you towards such expensive work vans at 19? I'm assuming you work in trades, most guys start out with something like a Ford econoline. 10-15 will get you a decent one, they last forever and you can actually make money instead of dumping all your pay checks into car payments and insurance.

zieg
12-07-2016, 08:25 AM
.......ooookay then. Well I think that about wraps things up. Since he said multiple times they can keep the deposit, I'm not sure what help he's even asking for.

Time to derail this thread.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/n9DZ3DZX7yXdK/giphy.gif

jdmXSI
12-07-2016, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by carson blocks
A quick stop at the registries tomorrow AM should tell you whether or not the van is registered in your name.

Exactly what I was thinking

Rat Fink
12-07-2016, 09:38 AM

rage2
12-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
These people did their jobs, went through the full motions dealing with you while they could've been dealing with other people and now they are burned. That 1500 will be spread across the board to all the employees who deserve that money.
To be fair, that won't happen as it's illegal to just take the money and spend it. None of the staff gets any of the money. The deposit is still owed to the OP but stays as a non refundable deposit, so it can be used when purchasing anything at LS.

If he really wants it back, he can sell it off to a friend that's buying something there. Or sell it off on Kijiji for a discount. This is assuming it's transferrable.

Kloubek
12-07-2016, 10:55 AM

Guess that depends on what you consider "wrong".

I don't deny he made a bad decision. But in my mind, a vehicle transaction that someone decides not to go through with is a cost of doing business. We have all dealt with a deadbeat buyer from Kijiji. You move on to the next customer who has their shit together.

There is no way they actually spent $1500 of their time on this. So unless there is a GOOD reason for them to be taking $1500 for doing very little, I do think it is unacceptable on moral grounds alone. Being "wrong" isn't just in the legal context. If a company wishes to engage in unfair practices - signed or not - I maintain the public should know about it.

Star1995
12-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Bottom line... don't give anyone a deposit unless you are buying whatever it is you're looking at. A deposit, along with other things is a hold on that product so nobody else takes it. If you don't have the financing in place don't leave a deposit, if you can't afford it don't leave a deposit. Car, house, a dress at the store, it really doesn't matter what it is. I'm selling a car, if you give me a deposit then as far as I'm concerned you've bought the car and now you need to finish the deal by paying what is left.

J-hop
12-07-2016, 11:04 AM

Guess that depends on what you consider "wrong".

I don't deny he made a bad decision. But in my mind, a vehicle transaction that someone decides not to go through with is a cost of doing business. We have all dealt with a deadbeat buyer from Kijiji. You move on to the next customer who has their shit together.

There is no way they actually spent $1500 of their time on this. So unless there is a GOOD reason for them to be taking $1500 for doing very little, I do think it is unacceptable on moral grounds alone. Being "wrong" isn't just in the legal context. If a company wishes to engage in unfair practices - signed or not - I maintain the public should know about it.

Fair is subjective. The merc dealership wouldn't have tried to slide the "non-refundable" bit by the OP this isn't slimy joes car lot. It would have been verbally stated and is also in writing. Assuming this the dealership has done their due diligence.

If you don't believe it is fair then you have the right not to participate, end of story.

rage2
12-07-2016, 11:08 AM
I think your confusion is that they're "taking" this $1500 from him. That's not the case. He can spend the $1500 at the dealership. That's hardly unfair.

max_boost
12-07-2016, 11:13 AM
before OP signed did the manager say: bro when u sign this, the deposit is no refundable. Are u sure bro?

Anyway, didn't know u can keep the deposit as a credit as per rage2 Wonder if bro can buy some
Benz parts or if it's just for new car purchase only.

I service my car at Lonestar I'd buy that credit from ya for $1000 lol

Back in 2003 I put a $1000 deposit down to follow rage2 and kennys foot steps on slk55 but I couldn't afford it so canceled. I got it back in full but went back in 05 when I achieved budget baller status lol

Redlyne_mr2
12-07-2016, 11:34 AM
OP is misunderstanding what the dealership is referring to when they say register. The dealer didn't register the van with AB registries. They registered the sale with MB Canada. This means the vehicle has been sold off the dealership inventory and is no longer considered new. This would be only done once all contracts are signed.

Redlyne_mr2
12-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
before OP signed did the manager say: bro when u sign this, the deposit is no refundable. Are u sure bro?

Anyway, didn't know u can keep the deposit as a credit as per rage2 Wonder if bro can buy some
Benz parts or if it's just for new car purchase only.

I service my car at Lonestar I'd buy that credit from ya for $1000 lol

Back in 2003 I put a $1000 deposit down to follow rage2 and kennys foot steps on slk55 but I couldn't afford it so canceled. I got it back in full but went back in 05 when I achieved budget baller status lol
That's different, your deposit was just to throw your name on an incoming car. We do it all the time and take and refund deposits as necessary.

HiTempguy1
12-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
They registered the sale with MB Canada. This means the vehicle has been sold off the dealership inventory and is no longer considered new. This would be only done once all contracts are signed.

Clearly it couldn't have been as all the contracts weren't signed as per OP.

Swank
12-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Allowing deposits to be refundable pretty much makes the deposit concept meaningless, might as well just agree to hold the vehicle for the potential purchaser for no money :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
12-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Clearly it couldn't have been as all the contracts weren't signed as per OP.

Perhaps I missed that mention in the thread? I thought all docs had been signed.

revelations
12-07-2016, 12:05 PM

The final documents were left not sure what those are, They said bring your insurance when you come to pick up the car and im guessing the release papers.

rage2
12-07-2016, 01:37 PM
The sales/lease contract is signed when you leave the deposit. The final documents would be the financing docs (MB first class lease agreement + lease protection package), and any non export agreements. That's what I see in my GLA45 package sitting beside me.

Neil4Speed
12-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by killramos
Is this thread real?

Feels like beyond 5 years ago again :thumbsup:

My thought too, finally Beyond is exciting again haha. :drama:

austic
12-07-2016, 02:16 PM
2 important things to consider

1) Did he give you the ALL in Price?
2) Are you dating or related to InRich in anyway?

Rocket1k78
12-07-2016, 02:17 PM

These people are horrible to deal?

Sounds like you are the horrible one. You sign the papers, waste other people's time, commit to purchasing a vehicle where you agree to lay down a non-refundable deposit......and now you expect to wave a magic wand and get yourself out of it without a scratch at the expense of others?

:werd: Beat me to it. OP's got a lot of nerve to say they're the bad guys and to even consider any type of shaming or media involvement is pretty pathetic. This is the fucking problem with all the whiny babies now, its your own fault but you cry to the media to right your own wrong and the sad thing is it works. You made the bad decision and need to man up and stop trying to make excuses for yourself. MB did nothing wrong here

rage2
12-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Give OP a bit of a break here. He just wanted to see what he can do to get some of the deposit back. He knows he screwed up, don't see a lot of that nowadays. It was other members that was whining and suggesting media/shaming.

Brent.ff
12-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by austic
2 important things to consider

1) Did he give you the ALL in Price?
2) Are you dating or related to InRich in anyway?

3) was the van fully loaded?

Rocket1k78
12-07-2016, 04:09 PM
I'll give him credit for semi owning his mistake but his posts arent exactly fair for the dealer who did nothing wrong

It shows you what kind of people they are

I should have recorded the convo we had he sounded really arrogant while i was being calm and trying to understand what was happening not sure if that could be used for CBC but it would get them jumping for sure :D

Sentry
12-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Oooo, good call. This was my initial thought when I read it was "for business".

FraserB
12-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Serious question for OP.

Why do you feel you are entitled to anything?

By your own admission, you negotiated with the dealer prior to doing some fairly relevant research on ownership. The dealer never misrepresented anything to you and even complied when you rushed them to register the vehicle for you. Then you decided you wanted to break the contract you had signed. As a result, the dealer is now going to realize a loss, 100% caused by your actions. This isn't even bringing up the fact that you want to essentially blackmail the dealer and regret recording them for this express purpose.

This is a great learning experience about standing behind your work and acting like an adult, two things that are fairly important if you are in fact starting a business.

Give OP a bit of a break here. He just wanted to see what he can do to get some of the deposit back. He knows he screwed up, don't see a lot of that nowadays. It was other members that was whining and suggesting media/shaming.

He knows he screwed up and is still trying to make someone else pay for his mistake. If he was actually owning up to it, this thread wouldn't exist because he wouldn't have even considered trying to blackmail the dealer or make the dealer eat the cost of his error.

nobb
12-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Dealer has every right to keep the deposit, but if they are making lies about the reason for not returning the deposit is because they've already registered the vehicle (which is false) then IMO that's kind of slimy.

JRSC00LUDE
12-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Sentry

Oooo, good call. This was my initial thought when I read it was "for business".

It's a cargo van. It would be better for a cleaning company than an Uber vehicle.....

But yes, OP - straighten out, why would you try to media up on this? Stop acting like you're 19.....

J-hop
12-07-2016, 05:23 PM
OP already stated it wasn't for uber.

Although he screwed up there is no sense giving away money without a fight right? I think that is the point of the thread.

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
Serious question for OP.

Why do you feel you are entitled to anything?

By your own admission, you negotiated with the dealer prior to doing some fairly relevant research on ownership. The dealer never misrepresented anything to you and even complied when you rushed them to register the vehicle for you. Then you decided you wanted to break the contract you had signed. As a result, the dealer is now going to realize a loss, 100% caused by your actions. This isn't even bringing up the fact that you want to essentially blackmail the dealer and regret recording them for this express purpose.

This is a great learning experience about standing behind your work and acting like an adult, two things that are fairly important if you are in fact starting a business.

He knows he screwed up and is still trying to make someone else pay for his mistake. If he was actually owning up to it, this thread wouldn't exist because he wouldn't have even considered trying to blackmail the dealer or make the dealer eat the cost of his error.

I do not feel like i am entitled to anything at all, and will not be angry in the slightest if they keep my deposit that is my fault and iv'e accepted that.

only wanted to see if i could pay for their expenses and and receive the rest of it back even tho i do not deserve it.

I am not trying to black mail them.. I was replying to a post and making a joke, I just don't understand why they were trying to tell me the car is registered when it is not.

They are a good dealership i am sure i know i said it shows what kind of people they are only because there wasn't a reason to lie so why lie?

Hope that clears it up! I am not going to shame their company because i can only do that by shaming my self lol

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
OP already stated it wasn't for uber.

Although he screwed up there is no sense giving away money without a fight right? I think that is the point of the thread.

Thanks J-Hop!

That is all i wanted to know is if i had a fighting shot to save some of the $1500 even tho it was my mistake

I don't think i deserve it back but just wanted to try

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 05:38 PM

These people are horrible to deal?

Sounds like you are the horrible one. You sign the papers, waste other people's time, commit to purchasing a vehicle where you agree to lay down a non-refundable deposit......and now you expect to wave a magic wand and get yourself out of it without a scratch at the expense of others?

No thought of the salesman who you no doubt wasted a bunch of time with who should now be paid zero dollars in your mind? How about the financing staff?.....think they should get zero on this now too?

These people did their jobs, went through the full motions dealing with you while they could've been dealing with other people and now they are burned. That 1500 will be spread across the board to all the employees who deserve that money.

If you were my kid I'd put you over my knee and give you a spanking, even at 19 years old. Seems like you didn't get enough of them. I hope you don't get a cent back. I'm rooting for Mercedes on this one.

You are an "adult" now, living in an adult world. Welcome to it. Mean what you say, and say what you mean. Every contract you enter into whether verbal or written, commit to it. There's few things in life you can control. Your accountability is one of them.

I am unsure what you mean?

I 100% think that the Team at mercedes should be paid that was never a question.. They are running a business and i expect nothing less.

The point of this thread was to see if anyone had any tips for me to see if i can pay them for their time and receive the rest back.

If that is not possible that is fine. The dealership is still great and did nothing wrong but the fact they are trying to lie doesn't make sense to me. They can tell me they don't have to give it back because they dont want to or what ever but i don't like to deal with a business that explains things by lieing that is what i meant when i wrote horrible to deal with because in the future when an issue arises will they resort to lieing again?

mzdspd
12-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Sounds to me like OP made a mistake and the dealer is trying to screw him by saying it is too late when he has not taken delivery yet. Like some of you have said, dealer should either refund deposit or just give him the credit to be used at dealer. End of story.

I made the mistake once of putting a deposit (I was also 19) on a car.. Dealer said it was refundable and yadda yadda yadda. I told them I wanted to shop a little more. So when I decided on a different car, it took my 3 weeks to get it back. So after that, I don't put deposits on a car.

max_boost
12-07-2016, 06:19 PM
So update us?

Do you get a $1500 store credit or what?

Xtrema
12-07-2016, 06:26 PM
The real question has not been answered.... are you really doing Bang Bus? :rofl:

I'm more interested what a 19 yr old doing with a $50K van which I assume isn't a panel van. There are so many cheaper options.

ShermanEF9
12-07-2016, 06:39 PM
I am very confused as to why you did all your research AFTER you negotiated the deal with them. Chalk it up as a learning experience and move on. contracts are contracts.

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
So update us?

Do you get a $1500 store credit or what?

I gave a call and was able to talk to the GM he was very understanding and actually listened to what i had to say.

But later in the day the manager Vince called me and said they have still chosen to keep the deposit because the vehicle is considered "used"

After reading the posts here i thought maybe hes talking about the Mercedes registration and not actually with the registry office so i asked...

He said "No like we actually registered it under your name and everything and even have the plates for it" I was surprised and was going to call him on it but decided i am going to go registry tomorrow to check because it must show up. So thats what i will do tomorrow and then give the GM a call asking why they are saying they can't sell it New anymore.

I will also ask for $1500 to be spent at their parts and see what they say XD So if anyone needs Parts on a big discount PM me (If it goes thru) Updates to come

Thanks for the information so far guys i do appreciate the help and being able to discuss this.

riander5
12-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Poor josh car guy

finboy
12-07-2016, 07:02 PM
If you didn't give them proof of insurance, I don't see how they registered it, am I missing something here? :dunno: (I only scanned the thread)

Env-Consultant
12-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Brent.ff

3) was the van fully loaded?

+1.

Well OP?

Edit: FULLY LOADED

ShermanEF9
12-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by finboy
If you didn't give them proof of insurance, I don't see how they registered it, am I missing something here? :dunno: (I only scanned the thread)

When I bought my truck they asked me to fill out a form stating they can contact my insurance company on my behalf and they got it that way. When I picked up the truck the forms were all in the glovebox and a plate was already on it.

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Rocket1k78
I'll give him credit for semi owning his mistake but his posts arent exactly fair for the dealer who did nothing wrong

Sorry i am not trying to be unfair for the dealer they didn't do nothing wrong.

I was making a joke i would never send anything to CBC i have no case lol it was simply a joke and the smiley came out a bigger smile then i expected Hahah

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant

+1.

Well OP?

No there was a few options on the Van that i didn't have such as Navigation and other features like park assist and stuff

FraserB
12-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by mzdspd
Sounds to me like OP made a mistake and the dealer is trying to screw him by saying it is too late when he has not taken delivery yet. Like some of you have said, dealer should either refund deposit or just give him the credit to be used at dealer. End of story.

I made the mistake once of putting a deposit (I was also 19) on a car.. Dealer said it was refundable and yadda yadda yadda. I told them I wanted to shop a little more. So when I decided on a different car, it took my 3 weeks to get it back. So after that, I don't put deposits on a car.

Your situation is 100% different than what happened here.

Josh Car Guy
12-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9

When I bought my truck they asked me to fill out a form stating they can contact my insurance company on my behalf and they got it that way. When I picked up the truck the forms were all in the glovebox and a plate was already on it.

Definitely didn't sign that as i don't have any other insurance in my name. Plus they asked me to fax my insurance to them which i never got to.

revelations
12-07-2016, 07:57 PM
OK so youre out 1500$ (perhaps transferable) - what is your next vehicle decision Josh?

Kloubek
12-07-2016, 08:02 PM
OK so youre out 1500$ (perhaps transferable) - what is your next vehicle decision Josh?

SLS.

Env-Consultant
12-07-2016, 08:11 PM

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1979-chevrolet-camper-van-converted-rv-cargo/1216023360?siteLocale=en_CA

ExtraSlow
12-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Veloster!

revelations
12-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1979-chevrolet-camper-van-converted-rv-cargo/1216023360?siteLocale=en_CA

HAHA nice ...

----------------------------------

But seriously .... if I was 19, needed cheap insurance and a vehicle that is, at least slightly cool, cheap and reliable:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2003-dodge-caravan-es-minivan-awd-van/1219647195?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

ercchry
12-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Flipstah needs a parts credit... merc 450L cargo box!

Josh Car Guy
12-08-2016, 12:50 AM

Great questions lol i will definitely look around and see what my insurance will be like on cheaper car i was thinking more like a used pick up truck might work.

revelations
12-08-2016, 02:22 AM

Great questions lol i will definitely look around and see what my insurance will be like on cheaper car i was thinking more like a used pick up truck might work.

Why not something like the van I linked to? Thats something I would consider if I was in the market right now.

R154
12-08-2016, 02:26 AM
How is a bubble back van cool, exactly?

flipstah
12-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Flipstah needs a parts credit... merc 450L cargo box!

I am looking for a roof box.

Josh Car Guy
12-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

I am looking for a roof box.

Hey Flipstah, They aren't giving me the credit to use in the parts section or i would have given you a nice discount on it :)

roopi
12-12-2016, 09:48 PM

Hey Flipstah, They aren't giving me the credit to use in the parts section or i would have given you a nice discount on it :)

So do you have a credit towards the purchase of a vehicle? Is it transferable?

Josh Car Guy
12-14-2016, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by roopi

So do you have a credit towards the purchase of a vehicle? Is it transferable?

Yes i have the credit for two years but i am unsure if it is transferable i can ask them tho

Josh Car Guy
12-19-2016, 07:27 PM
Hey guys just wanted to give a update even tho i have moved on, i was at the ford dealership looking at their trucks and when i mentioned me losing the deposit to mercedes he was amazed and told me to go get it back because there was no way they registered it.

I checked at the registry on my way home because i was curious and it turns out they did have it registered in my name lol. Even the lady was surprised especially when i told her i have no insurance in my name so they had nothing to use.

But anyway i guess they werent lying about the registration lol I just wonder how they pulled it off 🤔

max_boost
12-19-2016, 07:46 PM
well they weren't going to return it anyway

is it transferable?

ercchry
12-19-2016, 09:04 PM
If it's actually registered in your name, report it as stolen :rofl:

djmr2
12-19-2016, 10:18 PM
if it's transferable, i'll buy the credit off you :)

craigcd
12-20-2016, 09:41 AM

But anyway i guess they werent lying about the registration lol I just wonder how they pulled it off 🤔

Even though it isn't right or legal, dealers build relationships with a registry and things are overlooked.