PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot hot water tanks installation service

redblack
12-11-2016, 07:54 PM
I am in need for a new 50gal powervent hot water tank and have read through the older threads about Home Depot installing tanks with freisens doing the work.

For those of you who went through the Home Depot, would you do it again? Have you had any issues with service calls with Home Depot/freisens?

Any other suggestions for good customer service oriented plumbing company? I've read good reviews for Pete the plumber and canyon. I've also heard to stay away from sil-craft due to their outrageous and inflated prices.

Thanks

RealJimmyJames
12-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Don't call Clearview. Scammers.

thinmyster
12-12-2016, 08:03 AM
If you're simply replacing your powervent with another, can you not just swap it yourself?

C_Dave45
12-12-2016, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster
If you're simply replacing your powervent with another, can you not just swap it yourself?
I would imagine that if the OP felt he could do it himself he wouldn't make a thread asking for suggested plumbers.

ganesh
12-12-2016, 09:32 AM
We used Home Depot install services about 4 years ago. It was days before Christmas and on a Cold Sunday morning hot water tank decided to give up. Because of the weekend we ended up paying a lil bit more for the install.

We had no issues with the install and I will recommend them.

mr2mike
12-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster

Originally posted by C_Dave45

I would imagine that if the OP felt he could do it himself he wouldn't make a thread asking for suggested plumbers.

Op isn't Mar. Don't get confused.

C_Dave45
12-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Op isn't Mar. Don't get confused.
LOL...good point.
I'm still a little slow from lack of sleep. :rofl:

A790
12-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by redblack
I am in need for a new 50gal powervent hot water tank and have read through the older threads about Home Depot installing tanks with freisens doing the work.

For those of you who went through the Home Depot, would you do it again? Have you had any issues with service calls with Home Depot/freisens?

Any other suggestions for good customer service oriented plumbing company? I've read good reviews for Pete the plumber and canyon. I've also heard to stay away from sil-craft due to their outrageous and inflated prices.

Thanks
http://www.actionfurnace.ca/hot-water-heaters/hot-water-heater-installation/

Disclaimer: I work with Action Furnace for their marketing/SEO/etc. That said, I had them do the water heater in one of my revenue properties and it was a simple and painless procedure. They showed up, threw down runners, removed the old water heater and replaced it with the new one. Elapsed time: three hours or so.