12-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Johnny Tran was right
:rofl:

eglove
12-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Interesting story arc. Will still go see it regardless

Xtrema
12-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Sounds like they are setting up a trilogy with cliff hangers.

After all we are getting 9 and 10 in 2019 and 2021.

J.M.
12-11-2016, 09:09 PM
:nut:

Shlade
12-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Didn't see that coming lol

R154
12-11-2016, 11:57 PM
/shamelesslyexcited

BokCh0y
12-12-2016, 12:03 AM
Can't wait for this!!!

flipstah
12-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Calling it: she knows where Han is.

know1edge
12-12-2016, 12:31 AM

R154
12-12-2016, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

Stahp it.

NoPulp
12-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Another hobbs vs toretto?:zzz:
Am I the only one that's not a huge fan of Dwayne Johnson in FF?

Seems like an odd story twist.
Excited to watch regardless :nut:

mr2mike
12-12-2016, 09:33 AM
The Rock's one of the few with funny one liners.

I just wish they could get back to the street racing scene? Maybe another spin off for the fanboys with Mia & Brian O'Conner's kid? Then keep this saga going too?

3drian
12-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Interesting, I watched the trailer and thought there is a twist at the end as in why he is doing this for everyone and not being selfish

Dumbass17
12-12-2016, 01:34 PM
I love the visuals of these ever since the 5th. Can't wait... Minus the "tough" girl, Rodriguez or whatever her name is

shakalaka
12-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Looks great...will watch.

3drian
12-13-2016, 09:20 AM
Pretty good and funny breakdown, plus Jessica is pretty hot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeRxIe7OBKo

sexualbanana
12-13-2016, 12:18 PM

Bow Wow.

max_boost
12-13-2016, 01:33 PM
Dolled up Charlize is amazing :love:

95EG6P
12-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Bow Wow.
nope its Johnny Tran

NoPulp
12-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by 95EG6P

nope its Johnny Tran
Nope, the mad scientist jesse is coming back.
It's only assumed he's dead.

sexualbanana
12-16-2016, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 95EG6P

nope its Johnny Tran

Charlize is Jonny Tran in drag.

sexualbanana
02-16-2017, 03:13 PM
Helen Mirren cast to to play the mother of the Shaws.

lilmira
02-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Cant wait for the fart of the furious featuring the original fart can civics.

TomcoPDR
04-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Excited, opening Friday April 14th.

Anyone interest in watching a FF marathon? Start watching The Fast and The Furious this Friday, a movie a day for the week leading up.

pheoxs
04-07-2017, 01:30 PM
Amex advance screening at Chinook on Wednesday, anyone else going?

TomcoPDR
04-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs
Amex advance screening at Chinook on Wednesday, anyone else going?

I heard they're charging $35 for two tix, with popcorn and drinks tho. (the AMEX baller told me it's usually free)

I'm gonna watch it on opening day, anyone in?

drtoohotty1
04-07-2017, 08:09 PM
I've got my landmark tickets for Thursday:D

beecue
04-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Pretty good. :thumbsup:

I wasn't too hyped for the movie based on the trailer but they always deliver with these movies.

infected
04-13-2017, 11:47 PM
I wasn't a fan. Typical story line and way over exaggerated. I remember wanting to get out half way into it because it was just getting ridiculous. Lost interest really fast.

taemo
04-14-2017, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by infected
I wasn't a fan. Typical story line and way over exaggerated. I remember wanting to get out half way into it because it was just getting ridiculous. Lost interest really fast.
hate to say it but i felt the same, i was yawning during most of the movie and wondering when was this going to end? my wife liked it though :dunno:
1-3 and 5 are still my favourite

drtoohotty1
04-14-2017, 09:21 AM
I thought it was a pretty good action movie the only thing that bothered me is they made Hobbs a contender for a battle with the incredible hulk, I get it he's a big guy but come on.

ExtraSlow
04-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Much fast, very furious, wow.

frozenrice
04-14-2017, 02:12 PM
I think someone needs to do a movie mashup of F&F, Expendables and Transformers. There were a few times during F8 when I almost forgot which one I was watching LOL.

Masked Bandit
04-14-2017, 02:24 PM
I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's not going to be nominated for an Oscar but it's not supposed to be.

Sometimes a burger & fries are exactly what you're after, not fine cuisine.

Shlade
04-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Watched it last night... really should of ended with furious 7. I thought this one was a little over the top but had it's good funny moments as usual and definitely lots of action!

sexualbanana
04-14-2017, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
I thought it was a pretty good action movie the only thing that bothered me is they made Hobbs a contender for a battle with the incredible hulk, I get it he's a big guy but come on.

He's getting the Schwarzenegger treatment. If you've ever seen Commando, that undertone for that movie was 'look how much of a monster Arnold is' and it's very much the same in this movie.

Melinda
04-14-2017, 07:33 PM
I thought it was great. By far the least believable, but the cheese made it excellent ☺ Lots of twists in this one though, and they did a good job tying in a lot of stuff from the previous 7 films. Sad for Jordana Brewster, Paul's death and following story arc meant they cut her out of this one. 🚘

NoPulp
04-15-2017, 08:24 AM
It was horrible. I thought 7 was bad, this was terrible.
The opening scene made me mad, then when they hacked all those cars I wanted to get up and leave...

I still like the characters so I will continue to go to them... Tyrrell and Ludacris are by far my favorite now.

know1edge
04-15-2017, 03:31 PM

Shlade
04-15-2017, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by know1edge

Also, Han's still dead :thumbsdow

All is forgiven. The Shaw brothers are now family

Type_S1
04-15-2017, 07:02 PM
I though it was very entertaining...it's clear these movies lost the reality side of things after the 3rd movie and moved to be more main stream action movies which is understandable as you are targeting a niche group if it's more car focused. If you are going expecting a realistic car movie you are setting yourself up for disappointment...go in their expected far-fetched action and sweet cars and you will leave smiling.

rage2
04-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
All is forgiven. The Shaw brothers are now family
That's the one thing I didn't like. He killed family and all is forgotten. Maybe the series is racist and Asian lives don't matter? :rofl:

bjstare
04-15-2017, 09:59 PM
LOL @ the critics in here that are disappointed the movie was so over the top. I mean, get real, have you not seen any F&F movie in the last decade?

Like MaskedBandit said, this is intended to be the burger and fries. I think it lived up to that just fine. :dunno:

riander5
04-16-2017, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
Cant wait for the fart of the furious featuring the original fart can civics.

Nice

How long did you think about that one ??

TomcoPDR
04-16-2017, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
LOL @ the critics in here that are disappointed the movie was so over the top. I mean, get real, have you not seen any F&F movie in the last decade?

Like MaskedBandit said, this is intended to be the burger and fries. I think it lived up to that just fine. :dunno:

I concur. It has that happy go lucky fuck yeah feel, and it's not completely 'merica fuck-yeah neither.

I don't think there's more more/less you can do with this franchise to improve. It always was doing silly wtf things "ahead of its era" (Civics zipping under tractor trailers, stealing DVD players :rofl: )

beecue
04-16-2017, 11:28 AM
Apparently Han might be back. :dunno:

shakalaka
04-16-2017, 09:10 PM
Enjoyed it as a stupid entertainer I guess, definitely not any sense of realism to it. I guess I watched it, I don't regret it but don't feel like I watched a movie marvel either.:dunno:

95EG6P
04-16-2017, 10:44 PM
Just watched it and it was my least favorite of the series. Wish they brought back han too bad they killed Vince and Giselle. Tyrees and Luda and the Ramsey just doesn't feel right

V6-BoI
04-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by rage2

That's the one thing I didn't like. He killed family and all is forgotten. Maybe the series is racist and Asian lives don't matter? :rofl:

Originally posted by beecue
Apparently Han might be back. :dunno:

After watching the behind the scenes on the new XXX Return of Xander Cage movie, seems like Donnie Yen and Vin Diesel are basically bros now.

So I'm gonna say, in FF9, Donnie Yen is gonne be cast as Han's brother, and him and Jason Statham are going to fight to the death.

sexualbanana
04-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Allegedly, there was a post-credits scene (I didn't stick around to see if we got it) that was supposed to set up a Rock-Statham spin-off. But the scene was cut because it was made without Vin's knowledge and he and Rock had been feuding during filming. When Vin found out, he was furious (fastly).

Deetz
04-17-2017, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1
I though it was very entertaining...it's clear these movies lost the reality side of things after the 3rd movie and moved to be more main stream action movies which is understandable as you are targeting a niche group if it's more car focused. If you are going expecting a realistic car movie you are setting yourself up for disappointment...go in their expected far-fetched action and sweet cars and you will leave smiling.

Exactly!

I went in this weekend, not expecting any more than action, and a few corny lines.......that's what we got, it was fun. Not going to win any awards, but hey, the F&F things makes $$ every time.

sexualbanana
04-17-2017, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Deetz

Exactly!

I went in this weekend, not expecting any more than action, and a few corny lines.......that's what we got, it was fun. Not going to win any awards, but hey, the F&F things makes $$ every time.

I don't know. I came out of this feeling a little underwhelmed by the movie. I don't know if I'm just jaded by the ridiculousness of the action pieces or my expectations for ridiculousness were too high.

carson blocks
04-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Sometimes a burger & fries are exactly what you're after, not fine cuisine.

I get that, but still thought it under-delivered. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it, but I thought it was an expired microwave burger from a gas station at best.

I understand it's not a series that aims for accuracy or plausibility, but I still thought they were a little too blatant at presuming their audience didn't understand cars, basic physics, technology, or the way anything worked.

Redlyne_mr2
04-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Horrible movie.

Swank
04-18-2017, 10:17 AM
I enjoyed it, surprised the woman liked it too, that was the first one she's seen so now we're watching them all. I don't think I saw 6 or 7.

flipstah
04-23-2017, 01:06 AM
Lolol Tyrese bone dry

max_boost
04-23-2017, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Horrible movie. amen lol will wait for Netflix next time. No fomo here lol

RickDaTuner
04-23-2017, 01:46 AM
I watched it and thought it was fun, the booty shots in the beginning were worth it for me, Imax ass in yo face... what more could you ask for!

I agree that Charlize Theron is still super sexy!

Enjoyment aside, I still had my gripes; The jokes were old and tired and the cast had no character development, but it was still fun to watch as everyone else said.
Whatched the first one on tv a few days ago, and what really struck me about it was the believability of Pauls character, along with with everyone else, with the exceptions of the cheesy cops.
These new movies all miss that, even with the old characters, they've gone from 3 dimensional characters to flat one liner drones.
The whole bit with Tyresses' character being the idiot of the group got real old, real quick.
All in all the original was artistic, factually wrong, but still felt like what a movie should be feel like.
Everything they make now, feels like just a play on your senses, little content and lots of action.

Sadly I'll keep paying to watch them. :possie:

J-hop
04-23-2017, 02:14 AM
Just saw it tonight. It was ok. Guys burning out of the country hills parking lot after in shitty cars that were only able to break traction because it was raining made it worth it :rofl:

infamous
04-23-2017, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
Just saw it tonight. It was ok. Guys burning out of the country hills parking lot after in shitty cars that were only able to break traction because it was raining made it worth it :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I remember after the very first one how retarded everybody drove through Chinook lol.....damn that was a long time ago.....

max_boost
04-23-2017, 11:04 AM
First one was the best one obviously. Now it's just Michael bay style production lol

Hallowed_point
04-24-2017, 08:54 AM
Still think Fast 5 was the best. This one was much better than 6 imo. Really enjoyed it. :hitit:

frozenrice
04-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Not sure how reliable this source is but I've seen a couple of similar headlines on facebook:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/universal-eyes-fast-furious-spinoff-johnson-statham-article-1.3091307

Hallowed_point
04-24-2017, 11:21 AM
Anyone else pick up on Roman's lambo being a tribute of sorts to the buster's orange Supra?

rage2
04-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Anyone else pick up on Roman's lambo being a tribute of sorts to the buster's orange Supra?
Doubt that was the reason. If they really wanted to pay tribute to the orange Supra, they would've used something like this, a more direct lineage to the Supra:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/89/2b/5d/892b5df56eae211ca233a3da474aae33.jpg

But it's not really a tuner car movie anymore like the old days so it's never going to happen.

colinxx235
04-24-2017, 11:51 AM
I feel like a tribute would more likely have been a GT-R. Or maybe if one was there and a comment was made/no one wanted to drive it

sexualbanana
04-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Originally posted by rage2

Doubt that was the reason. If they really wanted to pay tribute to the orange Supra, they would've used something like this, a more direct lineage to the Supra:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/89/2b/5d/892b5df56eae211ca233a3da474aae33.jpg

But it's not really a tuner car movie anymore like the old days so it's never going to happen.

Originally posted by colinxx235
I feel like a tribute would more likely have been a GT-R. Or maybe if one was there and a comment was made/no one wanted to drive it

Did no one else pick up on Dom naming his kid Brian?

:D

A790
04-24-2017, 12:07 PM
When did the crew become international super spies? WTF?!

Hallowed_point
04-24-2017, 12:15 PM

:D I also noticed that. Cool tribute. Also great idea to have an Orange GTR that no one wanted to drive. Maybe I reached too far in thinking that the lambo was a tribute. Seemed pretty close to the Supra paint code, but Exoctic cars are typically loud colours.

colinxx235
04-24-2017, 12:20 PM

I definitely caught that, I was more arguing which car would be a tribute to him. If I was to associate his character with 1 vehicle it would be a blue GT-R (r-34 or 35 doesn't matter) versus a orange supra or similar

Hallowed_point
04-24-2017, 12:34 PM
I definitely caught that, I was more arguing which car would be a tribute to him. If I was to associate his character with 1 vehicle it would be a blue GT-R (r-34 or 35 doesn't matter) versus a orange supra or similar Oh totally, wouldn't argue that. Just thought it was a cool throwback to the original movie.

taemo
04-24-2017, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by A790

that's one of the reasons why I didn't like where they went after the 5th movie, every cars and security cameras in NYC was hackable,
Tej as a hacker when in FF2 he was just a mechanic and street racer, in FF5 he was good with locks and safe. how many past life did he have?
Scott Eastwood was boring and not a worthy replacement for Paul Walker, I prefer Kurt Russell.
Roman was still pretty funny but couldnt save the movie for me

I definitely caught that, I was more arguing which car would be a tribute to him. If I was to associate his character with 1 vehicle it would be a blue GT-R (r-34 or 35 doesn't matter) versus a orange supra or similar R-34 maybe but the green Celica is what started all this too.
he was driving the WRX from 5-7 too but I cant recall 4.

rage2
04-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Not just super spies, the guys are all super heroes. It started slowly in 5 and slowly ramped up until the Rock became the hulk with every punch in 8 haha.

Justing
04-24-2017, 12:47 PM

FnF is basically the Avengers but instead of super powers they have super cars.

FnF 8 was ridiculously over the top. Submarines, torpedoes, super hax0rs, 5000hp with unlimited tire grip, etc etc.
None of it made any sense. Bad movie on it's own merits, but I loved every second of it because of FnF nostalgia.

Can't wait for 9, 10 and the spinoffs. :rofl:

colinxx235
04-24-2017, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by taemo

R-34 maybe but the green Celica is what started all this too.
he was driving the WRX from 5-7 too but I cant recall 4.

You mean the eclipse?

I know he's driven a few cars, off the top of my head
2 - he started with the GT-R until cops trashed it
4 - he had the R35 to race Dom for the spot under Barraga(sp?), then swapped over to the STI after Dom blew it up.
5 - he had a 1970-72? I believe... skyline at the start when he first arrives in Brazil
6 - I can't recall a skyline actually being in this film edit: pretty sure he had it at the start of the film, he races dom over to mia in the opening credits
7 - he had a skyline before the predator took it out

taemo
04-24-2017, 01:25 PM

You mean the eclipse?

I know he's driven a few cars, off the top of my head
2 - he started with the GT-R until cops trashed it
4 - he had the R35 to race Dom for the spot under Barraga(sp?), then swapped over to the STI after Dom blew it up.
5 - he had a 1970-72? I believe... skyline at the start when he first arrives in Brazil
6 - I can't recall a skyline actually being in this film edit: pretty sure he had it at the start of the film, he races dom over to mia in the opening credits
7 - he had a skyline before the predator took it out

ah yes, Eclipse, don't know why I was thinking of the Celica earlier :blush:
he is a skyline fan, I just remember that his 'work' car is the WRX

Hallowed_point
04-24-2017, 01:44 PM
I actually fell asleep during the 7th F&F in the theater. God was that ever a bad movie. Tokyo Drift at least had bow wow.

sexualbanana
04-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by taemo

that's one of the reasons why I didn't like where they went after the 5th movie, every cars and security cameras in NYC was hackable,
Tej as a hacker when in FF2 he was just a mechanic and street racer, in FF5 he was good with locks and safe. how many past life did he have?

It's best if you just ignore how some characters suddenly became experts. Like in 5 when Mia suddenly knew computer surveillance and could speak fluent Portugese.

CompletelyNumb
04-24-2017, 03:35 PM

That part didn't even make sense to me. Brian is "alive" in the storyline. Odd tribute. Would have been better as Paul, I think.

danno
04-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Ya I was waiting on paul, not sure why they went with Brian.

sexualbanana
04-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb

That part didn't even make sense to me. Brian is "alive" in the storyline. Odd tribute. Would have been better as Paul, I think.

Too meta? Like the correct response from Dom's family would "K. Cool."

RickDaTuner
04-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Diesel has a babe now, I guess that means he's on his way out of the franchise now too..

J-hop
04-24-2017, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Diesel has a babe now, I guess that means he's on his way out of the franchise now too..

Good catch, I didn't think about that.