PDA

View Full Version : Drift racing crews & locations in Calgary?

RMKS13
03-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Hey everyone,

Are there any drift racing crews or drivers in Calgary? I wouldn't mind meeting a few people and discussing technique, car modification, and setting up opportunities to practice drifting in a safe, controlled environment.

Also, are there any areas in or around Calgary that would be good to practice drift techniques?

Thanks,

Jay

hjr
03-20-2004, 06:46 PM
absolutely nothing that i am aware of. Maybe you could start a "crew". As for a safe environment, again nothing that im aware of other than a big parking lot at 2:AM, which could lead to a pricy ticket.

Id be interested to see if anything exists though

crazydriver
03-20-2004, 11:16 PM
ya i agree with hjr, there isn't a drifting crew or anything like that here, the closest thing u'll find is a few guys in a parking lot at midnite having some fun

thich
03-20-2004, 11:52 PM
you can always go to the CSCC meetings to vote on a new competitive drifting event... :dunno:
just keep it OFF the streets.
last thing we need are ppl drifting into curbs, people, cars or just in general destroying their vehicles.
cars like S13s and AE86s are rare enuff :thumbsup:

Murph
03-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Take a look at Vancouver drifters org. they have had a few event already.

crazydriver
03-21-2004, 10:10 PM
ya van city has a few drift teams, but thats in van city, not cowtown, and thich is rite, don't do it on the streets or else more pretty cars will go to waste.. (well cheap junkyard parts for me.. so not a total waste)

nosegrindR
03-22-2004, 02:19 AM
there might be a little crew in calgary but who knows.
There's a lot of rumors about some antisocial drift team.

RMKS13
03-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by nosegrindR
there might be a little crew in calgary but who knows.
There's a lot of rumors about some antisocial drift team.

I'm actually also trying to start up a small drifting crew in Calgary for this summer called "downshift". I'm going to see how it goes first with a couple of friends, then may be looking to expand. I'd like to meet any other local crews to get better ideas of events, organization, and practice.

I'm working on the website for my crew right now, but development's been a little slow due to heavy school work. If anyone's interested in checking out the website, give me a pm or post here, and I'll let you know when the site's completed or at least in a presentable state. I plan to have member pages, and a forum mainly focused on tech talk and drift techniques.