PDA

View Full Version : Highway one gong show today

J-hop
12-26-2016, 07:59 PM
Anyone else head out west today? Road was great, dry and not icy at all but a heavy crosswind was blowing snow across the highway. Would have been fine but idiots were hogging the left lane and slamming on their brakes every time the wind picked up.

Two semi trucks in the ditch on the eastbound side in the valley near jumping pound creek(?) with a car backwards in the ditch on the other side. On the way back at the same spot someone had been rear ended and shoved into the ditch, it was an elderly couple so I'm guessing another one of the bozos slamming on their brakes when the wind picked up.

danno
12-26-2016, 08:14 PM
Heading to sunshine in the morning hopefully it's a peaceful drive.

J-hop
12-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by danno
Heading to sunshine in the morning hopefully it's a peaceful drive.

Yea on the way back the wind had started to die down a bit but was still fairly strong

SOAB
12-27-2016, 09:28 AM
i was heading out to Nakiska with the family around 11am and man was it windy as fuck.

driving along at about 110kph and 2 times, my truck just decided to start fish-tailing. my wife was shitting her pants, but the kids didn't notice a thing. :nut: saved it both times.

decided to slow it down to about 90kph cause the roads were really slippery the closer you got to the mountains.

J-hop
12-27-2016, 10:07 AM
Yea probably a lot worse in a truck. We were driving a car with a Thule on top and didn't slip once all the way to peter lougheed. Was able to do 120 comfortably (I mean 110) once we broke free of the pack. Only place I was really concerned was going down Scott lake hill at the bottom where it makes the left turn as it was in shadow and I couldn't see if it was iced up so I slowed down but road was good there.

Highway 40 was in excellent condition and no abnormal winds but I think people were freaked out as they were all doing 70...