PDA

View Full Version : Endy Sleep Mattress - anyone own it or tried it out?

nagooro
01-14-2017, 10:37 AM
Thinking about trying out the Endy sleep mattress with the 100 day trial.

Does anyone own this mattress, or has anyone tried it out? If so, thoughts?

rvd
01-14-2017, 11:13 AM
I keep hearing advertisements for Casper mattress's, that is all. :banghead:

Buster
01-14-2017, 12:04 PM
Memory foam mattresses are okay, but not great. If you want a quality mattress, you are going to get latex.

flipstah
01-14-2017, 12:35 PM
Is that the one that is rolled and compact?

nagooro
01-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Is that the one that is rolled and compact?
As per google images, it ships like this:
http://www.sleepscouts.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/inside-endy-mattress-box-1.jpg

Ended up buying one this morning. Bought the King for $850CAD. Used a $50 off discount code. All in price was $840.

Will update the thread once I try it out.

GenerationX
01-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Keep us posted.. Been considering a queen for a while haha. A lot of people say it's on the firmer side.

schurchill39
01-14-2017, 06:46 PM
I know people who have bought the Casper mattress but not the Endy. They love it though

flipstah
01-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Keep us posted.

ronaldo
01-15-2017, 01:57 AM
Bought it...used it for a couple months and returned it. I found it too soft for my liking. Their customer service was fantastic

thinmyster
01-15-2017, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by ronaldo
Bought it...used it for a couple months and returned it. I found it too soft for my liking. Their customer service was fantastic

What did you replace it with? I want something firmer then my current mattress.

ExtraSlow
01-15-2017, 08:31 AM
I haven't kept up with current mattress trends, but I assume those "ship-to-your-door" mattresses are 100% foam, not metal springs like most store-bought ones? Aside from the ability to avoid the scummy and scammy mattress salesmen, what's the big draw?

I see Ikea has a 90-day exchange policy on mattresses, and they sell 15 different models of both pure foam and sprung mattresses. Are they comparable quality?

OU812
01-15-2017, 09:09 AM
I have this one from Costco

https://www.costco.ca/Serafina-Pearl-Memory-Foam-Mattress---King.product.100160666.html

Came in a slightly bigger box but crazy small for a full size matress.

I will never go back to a coil spring. They are not even comparable.

JRSC00LUDE
01-15-2017, 09:49 AM
I bought a Novaform from Costco that's rated as medium firm because a lot of reviews said it was too firm, but they were mostly small people it appeared and I'm 240.

It was definitely firm but after a couple months it's perfect, could never go back to inner spring, I haven't slept this well in years. I'm highly active and was always waking up aching from something, no more.

Try that one out and review it after 2 or 3 months. I believe their instructions are valid in giving it at least 60 days.

LadyLuck
01-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I bought a Novaform from Costco that's rated as medium firm because a lot of reviews said it was too firm, but they were mostly small people it appeared and I'm 240.

It was definitely firm but after a couple months it's perfect, could never go back to inner spring, I haven't slept this well in years. I'm highly active and was always waking up aching from something, no more.

Try that one out and review it after 2 or 3 months. I believe their instructions are valid in giving it at least 60 days.

I am looking for a new one as my current one isn't firm enough, and after getting T-boned 2 years ago my back is a complete mess.

I keep hearing that with the memory foam ones, the downside is that after some extended use the memory foam wears out and it tends to sag in the area that you're laying in...have you noticed any that with the Novaform?

suntan
01-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Yeah that's why Buster recommends latex, it's a lot more durable.

JRSC00LUDE
01-15-2017, 12:40 PM
Hey Lady, I haven't yet but I haven't had it long enough. I am going to assume that's a more prevalent issue with heavier people so time will tell. You are still supposed to rotate them periodically to help avoid that though.

Mine has definitely softened but my understanding is that it's supposed to. At the price point, it's no issue replacing even every 5 years though so I'm not really worried about it. Mine's only queen but on sale it landed at my door for 660 tax in.

LadyLuck
01-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Hey Lady, I haven't yet but I haven't had it long enough. I am going to assume that's a more prevalent issue with heavier people so time will tell. You are still supposed to rotate them periodically to help avoid that though.

Mine has definitely softened but my understanding is that it's supposed to. At the price point, it's no issue replacing even every 5 years though so I'm not really worried about it. Mine's only queen but on sale it landed at my door for 660 tax in.

Good to know, I will look into it. Thank yoooouuuu

CompletelyNumb
01-15-2017, 12:52 PM

Which model? I'm your size and looking for something that lasts longer than coil mattresses.

I went in to the Brick last week and told the person working I had gone through 3 mattresses in 10 years. They told me to go to Costco and get a Sealy Posturepedic. :rofl:

ronaldo
01-15-2017, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster

What did you replace it with? I want something firmer then my current mattress.

Replaced it with this:

https://www.costco.ca/Novaform%C2%AE-Comfort-Grande%E2%84%A2-Gel-Memory-Foam-Queen-Mattress.product.10359331.html

Everyone (myself included) that has slept in my bed absolutely loves it. Quite firm, but not the the point where there is no give in the bed. Absolutely love it

Khyron
01-15-2017, 04:33 PM
Bought one a few months ago - other than it retains heat more than a coil unit I'm pretty happy with it. Much more limber in the morning than with our older coil mattress (which was double the price).

Buster
01-15-2017, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by suntan
Yeah that's why Buster recommends latex, it's a lot more durable.

Ya...but good latex ones are a shit ton more than these or any memory foam mattress.

JRSC00LUDE
01-15-2017, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ronaldo

Replaced it with this:

https://www.costco.ca/Novaform%C2%AE-Comfort-Grande%E2%84%A2-Gel-Memory-Foam-Queen-Mattress.product.10359331.html

Everyone (myself included) that has slept in my bed absolutely loves it. Quite firm, but not the the point where there is no give in the bed. Absolutely love it

Yes, this is the one! I love it.

And Lady, you're small. My girlfriends are always 120-130 lbs it seems and they love/have loved it. They barely make a dent but super comfortable all the same. But you know, if you wanna "try before you buy" I've got tons of flight points with your name ALL over them.... ;)

nagooro
03-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Figured I would give this an update. Have been using the bed for almost 2 months now and overall pretty pleased with it. It is a little on the softer side from what I was expecting, but still quite comfortable. I suppose firmness is all personal preference anyways.

I would recommend it. Looks like the price went up $100CAD as well from when I bought it. I paid $840 all in for the King.

$50 off - yes its a referral link
http://endy.refr.cc/DWT73V2

dj_rice
03-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Endy
Leesa
Casper

SO many to choose now. Whats with the influx of these online mattress suddenly

ExtraSlow
03-15-2017, 09:43 PM
They are cheap as hell to make, so the profit margin is huge, and people hate mattress stores, so they are wililng to buy online to avoid that unpleasant experience.

What sets these options apart from the several Ikea options?

nagooro
03-15-2017, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
They are cheap as hell to make, so the profit margin is huge, and people hate mattress stores, so they are wililng to buy online to avoid that unpleasant experience.

What sets these options apart from the several Ikea options?
Not sure what Ikea's return policy is, but for me it was the 100 day hassle free trial. Figured I got nothing to lose might as well try it out.

revelations
03-16-2017, 01:18 AM
With foam, I found that its good to get it slight bit firmer to start and then add a soft topper (like 1" ) to help make it less so - at least until it gets used.

B.Spilner
03-16-2017, 07:09 PM
We've had ours for abut a month now, love it. I tend to sleep with my head resting on my arm, and would wake up with really bad shoulder pain. I haven't had that issue since we got the endy. Both of us love this thing.

Coming from a top of the line king size sealy coil mattress.

Dumbass17
03-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Not to threadjack but ice I've got a regular queen mattress really comfortable I'll be having to sell come middle of may haha

JDMMAN
03-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Just curious if any is concerned with VOC off gassing from these types of mattresses?

yellowsnow
03-16-2017, 10:31 PM
had my endy for about half a year now, overall i'm happy, but found one side to be sagging a bit (i'm 170lb, wife is 130lb).

when you first open it, there is definitely some off gassing happening, but it went away after a week. i'm pretty sure all memory foam mattress will have this issue.

also, I thought the mattress was too firm for me, so called Endy to have it returned. they ended up giving me a free memory foam topper. it seemed to make it more plush, and we ended up keeping it all.

i'm liking it way more than my old pocket coil mattresses for sure though :thumbsup:

B.Spilner
03-17-2017, 07:21 AM
Too comment on the off gasses,

First day, very noticeable. Second day, barely noticeable. Third day 99% gone.

Mitsu3000gt
03-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Anyone know what (if any) flame retardants they use? Apparently they are quite toxic.

This was a good resource:

http://sleepopolis.com/mattress-reviews/

I think only one of them is "organic" (I know dumb term for a mattress) using no harsh chemicals but I don't remember exactly.

I'm a side sleeper (my arm under my pillow then my hard on top) 99% of the time as well and I think some of these mattresses are much better for that than others.

I think the Loom & Leaf was a really good one, but not available in Canada unless that has changed. The Casper was one of the lowest reviewed, and I don't think he tried an Endy yet.

JfuckinC
03-17-2017, 01:23 PM
So, these are good for big guys? I'm 245-250 most days and my hips/shoulders are always sore in the morning. Shoulders are my fault for sleeping with my arms above my head/under my pillow most of the time and just overall destruction over the years, but my hips being sore is just annoying..

I kinda wanna try one now since it has such a good return policy.. :dunno:

Mitsu3000gt
03-17-2017, 02:06 PM
^^ I think they pay shipping both ways, so really at the end of the day I guess there is nothing at all to lose. Also gives you an idea how enormous their profit margins are, because they can't re-sell the used beds that they have paid to ship back :)

ricosuave
03-24-2017, 01:10 PM
wife decided on an endy for our guest room, for these reasons...

At $850, its $300 - $350 cheaper than its competitors
Canadian product & Canadian owned company
Ships & delivers in 3-6 days
100 in-home trial. No cost/risk return if unsatisfied
Can use regular box spring if desired, but is recommended to put on slats/board.
I waffled long and hard between Endy and Casper. Apparently Casper is better suited to lighter people. It feels plusher to folks who weigh between 140 and 200lbs. When you start getting into the 200lb range, all the plushness gets compressed, and you're lying on the support layers.

Endy is built the other way around. Lighter people will find it feels firmer, because they float on top of the mattress. Heavier people will find it feels plusher, because they will be heavy enough to activate the plush layers.

Both the Endy and the Casper are rated as medium-firm. (Firmness being rated from 1 to 10, 1 being squishy, 10 being soft.) Casper is rated as 6.0. Endy is rated at 6.5.

So even though Endy is rated as slightly firmer, its noted that it cradles and supports larger people better, and feels softer, than Casper.

dj_rice
03-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave
wife decided on an endy for our guest room, for these reasons...

At $850, its $300 - $350 cheaper than its competitors
Canadian product & Canadian owned company
Ships & delivers in 3-6 days
100 in-home trial. No cost/risk return if unsatisfied
Can use regular box spring if desired, but is recommended to put on slats/board.
I waffled long and hard between Endy and Casper. Apparently Casper is better suited to lighter people. It feels plusher to folks who weigh between 140 and 200lbs. When you start getting into the 200lb range, all the plushness gets compressed, and you're lying on the support layers.

Endy is built the other way around. Lighter people will find it feels firmer, because they float on top of the mattress. Heavier people will find it feels plusher, because they will be heavy enough to activate the plush layers.

Both the Endy and the Casper are rated as medium-firm. (Firmness being rated from 1 to 10, 1 being squishy, 10 being soft.) Casper is rated as 6.0. Endy is rated at 6.5.

So even though Endy is rated as slightly firmer, its noted that it cradles and supports larger people better, and feels softer, than Casper.

Thanks for this awesome info. I'm a big guy and wanted to try this out but un-sure which one was firm enough. I've always bought mattress from Costco but always end up replacing after 3-4 years

Any idea how firm the Leesa one is?

Seth1968
03-24-2017, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
^^ I think they pay shipping both ways, so really at the end of the day I guess there is nothing at all to lose. Also gives you an idea how enormous their profit margins are, because they can't re-sell the used beds that they have paid to ship back :)

This.

BTW- It's all marketing hype. You can go to Walmart and get the same thing for a fraction of the cost.

yellowsnow
03-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Amazon has a company that sells memory foam mattresses online for a fraction of the cost too. Called "Classic Brands". they have pretty great reviews.

I have one in our guest room, no complaints at all. off gassing is pretty strong for the first couple weeks though.

redevil
06-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Ok, any updates on this now that some have had it much longer? I'm thinking of changing my coil mattress and going with a king size Endy.

jaeden
06-13-2017, 02:49 PM
I ordered an Endy Mattress in February, just passed the 100 day mark. No concerns at all. Really easy to set it up, and minimal smell after the first day.

Customer service was great, I missed the step of entering the $50 coupon code when I ordered, but they refunded it to me after a quick email exchange. Really seems like the firmness/softness is going to be a personal preference. I find the mattress just fine for me, I'm around 190 lbs so can't guess what it might be like for bigger guys.