PDA

View Full Version : Free: Older Logitech MX Laser Mouse with minor double clicking problem *SOLD*

Zero102
01-18-2017, 09:29 PM
I have a Logitech M-RAG97 laser mouse that I have used for a few years that I would like to give away. Over the past few years it has required a battery replacement and I also had to disassemble and clean the switches to repair a double clicking problem. The double clicking problem is just starting to creep back in and rather than repair it again I'm just giving it away.

The easiest way to get it from me would be to meet me at/near my office which is located across from the Nexen building downtown on a week day, or come pick it up from my house in Royal Oak on an evening on on the weekend.

This is a used mouse that has always performed well for me - includes the mouse, base and charger. The battery was replaced with an EBay replacement about 2 years back and was holding a couple week's charge last time I used it. There are some marks on the case and the label is torn from me opening it but it's free!

http://i.imgur.com/RKjLn8t.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/F5bD0wN.jpg

Please PM me if you would like it

Thaco
01-18-2017, 09:39 PM
FYI whoever takes this it's super easy to fix the clicking issue just check YouTube, just have to tweak the spring inside the microswitch.

Zero102
01-18-2017, 09:48 PM
Yeah - I just opened them up and sprayed them out with contact cleaner last time and it was fine for 2 years afterwards. I also got a new mouse pad an it was jittering a bit so when the double clicking started again I just moved on to a newer mouse rather than fixing it. Now it's taking up space on my shelf I would like back so please take it!

Zero102
01-18-2017, 11:15 PM
Somebody has agreed to take this tomorrow night!

jwslam
01-19-2017, 08:34 AM
Umm.. there's an easier way to fix it than tearing the mouse apart, at least with the logitechs I have.

Anyways, If the guy bails can I get next in line please!

Zero102
01-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are in 3rd place.

I'm curious - what is the easier way to fix it? Last time I opened the mouse, unclipped the covers on the switches and opened them down to the contacts and washed them out with contact cleaner. I had to replace the battery at the same time anyway but for the soon-to-be next owner they would probably like to know :)

Zero102
01-19-2017, 09:16 PM
GONE! Mods please close!