PDA

View Full Version : caesar's steakhouse downtown

Seks
01-21-2017, 07:02 PM
what are the seating arrangements like there? I've never been there before so I look at the picture on their website but it doesn't show the whole restaurant. Any recommended seats I should ask for when booking?

cyra1ax
01-22-2017, 11:10 AM
Cramped. There's a nice booth right next to the grill that we typically try and get, seats around 8 people iirc.

adam c
01-22-2017, 11:32 AM
It's just normal restaurant seating? Nothing fancy

ga16i
01-22-2017, 12:03 PM
From 2 years ago Valentine's Day 2015.

03ozwhip
01-22-2017, 02:58 PM
I love caesars but that's the one thing I don't like
about it. it's cramped. except a booth obviously.

ga16i
01-22-2017, 11:10 PM
They pissed me off that year. I was looking forward to a table side Steak Diane., but the guy tells me they weren't doing it that night. So, fine whatever, I got the T-Bone instead. A table is seated next to us part way through our meal and I see fire. I asked that table, ooh that looks awesome, what is it? They said Steak Diane... mother fucker! Needless to say no tip for him. T-Bone was still good and we enjoyed the rest of the dinner, but that rubbed us the wrong way. Haven't been back since and switched to Hy's as our goto downtown steakhouse.

Seks
01-23-2017, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ga16i
From 2 years ago Valentine's Day 2015.

Why is it that the women get to sit facing the crowd while us guys always end up sitting and facing the wall/booth when we go to restaurants?

I guess cuz ladies first to the table :nut:

On a side note, would the willowpark location be better?

lasimmon
01-23-2017, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Seks

Why is it that the women get to sit facing the crowd while us guys always end up sitting and facing the wall/booth when we go to restaurants?

My fiance claims its because I get distracted easily so I get to face the wall and pay better attention :rofl:

Aleks
01-23-2017, 01:11 PM

Willowpark is slightly less cramped and usually not as busy.

ga16i
01-23-2017, 01:16 PM
No idea about the Willow Park location.

Not sure why others do it, but if given the choice, I'll take the outside as well. My reasoning is that if spills, bumps, etc happen, it's on me and my stuff/clothes. Nothing ruins an evening faster than an angry woman. Not being chivalrous, it's really for the good of the world. haha

killramos
01-23-2017, 01:30 PM
I think the novelty of Caesers is the downtown location, fun old school place to do a business lunch or a special occasion.

Service is never fantastic, but the food is always good.

Caesers is what it is, certainly not for everyone.

No one is pretending its the best steak in town either.

rage2
01-23-2017, 01:37 PM

Quick, organize a protest! :rofl:

#equalityinseating

asp integra
01-23-2017, 01:40 PM
I am a huge fan of Caesars, and I prefer the downtown location. I love how it hasn't changed in 40+ years. Don't worry about where you sit, just go and enjoy a great meal in a very unique setting.

Seks
01-23-2017, 03:04 PM
The time that I booked for has a 2 hr seating limit. Hopefully that's more than enough without us having to inhale a piece of steak down

lasimmon
01-23-2017, 03:14 PM
The cheese toast :love: :drool:

riander5
01-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon
The cheese toast :love: :drool:

But what about the cheese toast at Hy's....

88CRX
01-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by riander5

But what about the cheese toast at Hy's....

Hy’s cheese toast > *

However for the actual steak…

Vintage > Hy’s > Caesars

riander5
01-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Hy’s cheese toast > *

However for the actual steak…

Vintage > Hy’s > Caesars

I havent been to vintage, may have to check it out. I like Hy's over Caesers as well. I also like Ruths Chris as much as Hy's. What about modern steak.. anyone been there?

Sorry for hijacking :)

killramos
01-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Modern Steak is awesome. Very different vibe than all of the above though. I find it refreshing and their meat really is that good.

Just made a reso for there this aft for V-day actually.

Tenkara Way
01-23-2017, 06:02 PM

A mobster never sits with her back to the entrance. Mobster 101.

heavyD
01-24-2017, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
I am a huge fan of Caesars, and I prefer the downtown location. I love how it hasn't changed in 40+ years. Don't worry about where you sit, just go and enjoy a great meal in a very unique setting.

I love the retro 70's feel of the place. The food has always been good as well. Come to think of it I think it's time to make another visit.